IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
teja

ghost hauntings

Rate this topic

i am feeling that there is a ghost in my house. i have never seen it. when i cry, i hear its voice. it cries with me. Late at night 1 30 midnight i hear its voice. And when there is a death to any of the relatives of the family it is sorrounding the house. i dont know what to do?

i daily do poojas sing bhajans. but even then it is evident that something is there. When i chant the mantras it goes out of the house. but it never goes away.

i dont know what to do? i am always afraid.

Please help me.

Jai Sri Krishna

Guest guest

First let me ask: was there an untimely death in your house? while or before you lived there? It could be an earthbound spirit with unresolved issues in that location, if this is the case.

You must determine if it is intelligient haunting, or a residual haunting. Does the ghost always do the same thing, at the same time? or does it act like it is trying to make some sort of intelligient contact? in residual hauntings it's the astral shell of the deceased that has left a powerful psychic imprint on the location; in intelligient hauntings there literally is an earthbound spirit haunting the location.

there is a family history. my aunt was affected by a ghost. by the grace of Sri Krishna She was releived. But still she suffers from it sometimes. a few days before she tried to kill her mother in her own hands.

but somehow it didnt happpen. my aunt became a widow recently. still she may be under the ghost's control. the same ghost is threatening me in my house too.

i want to get away from the ghosts. Please advice me, as to what i should do?

Jai Sri Krishna

Guest guest

Are you sure this is not all psychologically related?

How do you know you're really being haunted, as well as your aunt?

I believe you, having been harrassed from the otherside myself. By fearing the presence of this entity you keep it around for it feeds off your fear. Chant Hare Krsna loudly and with full faith that Krsna will protect you. Play a recording of Srila Prabhupada chanting Hare Krsna continuously in your home. Either the ghost will leave or become a devotee, or both, and your consciousness will also benefit greatly. You can't lose in any circumstance.

i am feeling that there is a ghost in my house. i have never seen it. when i cry, i hear its voice. it cries with me. Late at night 1 30 midnight i hear its voice. And when there is a death to any of the relatives of the family it is sorrounding the house. i dont know what to do?

Most people here will not like it, but someone has to do this. There are no such things as ghosts. A ghost is a physical impossibility.

You have a vivid imagination blurring the lines between the real and the unreal which happens to some people. You will have to use logic to solve this problem. Basic questions...How can a ghost have a voice? There can be no voice without a physical voice box. Has it ever tried to communicate with you? Have you tried to communicate with it? If not, you should.

i daily do poojas sing bhajans. but even then it is evident that something is there. When i chant the mantras it goes out of the house. but it never goes away.

You said earlier that you cannot see it. How then do you know it goes away for the mantras?

Also look into your past. You were most likely exposed to ghost stories and haunted house stories which had a profound impact on you. If you can understand that you are creating the ghost, then your problem will be solved. Try watching movies like a beautiful mind and flightplan. Else, you can consult a doctor.

Good luck

Guest guest

Most people here will not like it, but someone has to do this. There are no such things as ghosts. A ghost is a physical impossibility.

Nonsense. Do you nothing about the Meta-physical? Ghosts exist on the astral plane. They are in a subtle body.

You have a vivid imagination blurring the lines between the real and the unreal which happens to some people. You will have to use logic to solve this problem.

What are you, an atheist? This is a 'spiritual' discussion board for spiritually minded people. The person is being troubled by a spirit being, and asked for advice. If he had wanted to hear atheistic advice, or those who say the supernatural is all in the head, he would not have come here. He could have gone to any shrink, to hear this psychological babble.

Guest guest

You have a vivid imagination blurring the lines between the real and the unreal which happens to some people. You will have to use logic to solve this problem. Basic questions...How can a ghost have a voice? There can be no voice without a physical voice box. Has it ever tried to communicate with you? Have you tried to communicate with it? If not, you should.

You said earlier that you cannot see it. How then do you know it goes away for the mantras?

Also look into your past. You were most likely exposed to ghost stories and haunted house stories which had a profound impact on you. If you can understand that you are creating the ghost, then your problem will be solved. Try watching movies like a beautiful mind and flightplan. Else, you can consult a doctor.

Good luck

While I'm skeptical of ghost hauntings and such, how is the presence of a ghost a "physical impossibility"? Considering that scientists are just now beginning to speculate on the existence of other dimensions, who are you to really say that such a thing is "impossible"?

A ghost can simply be another entity living in another dimension, that is perceived by the topic creator, because he is somewhat sensitive to the other dimensions for some reason. It's a possibility, but of course I'm skeptical. I would not say it's impossible, since we don't know, and I haven't experienced any such thing.

I get the connection to a Beautiful Mind, but what does FlightPlan have to do with this? If you've seen the movie, you would have known that the woman's paranoia was actually justified (it was a ludicrous movie to begin with).

Maybe the topic creator is schizophrenic, or has some psychological problem. Then again, he might actually be having a valid experience of the supernatural. I don't think your questions are adequate enough to address this issue, as it IS possible for a ghost to speak to him without the use of a voicebox, either in his mind (sounds like an illness but may not be even if it's only heard in his mind), or if the ghost has sufficient strength to influence this dimension by producing vibrations in the ether to simulate a voice. Also, the current perception of schizophrenia is that it is an illness. However, I'm not so sure it is that simple. A person might be caught between two different realities, so he may see entities from both dimensions and may be unable to discern who or what belongs to one dimension or the other. A spiritual dilemma, more than a psychological one, then.

Of course, if you choose to go with the simplest explanation (which isn't necessarily true), it could be he's just schizophrenic and his brain is sort of "on the fritz". Maybe he should see a psychologist or neurologist. That could help or make it worse, but you never know until you try something.

Of course, the topic creator might want to try spiritual alternatives first to see if anything happens that's concrete. If indulging in spiritual activities works, keep doing it. If it doesn't, then he should definitely go see someone about it.

Guest guest

There is a Program in Uk called. (sorry can't remember the name exatly) Ghost something. In it a GHost Phychic (a Christian lady) who can sence ghosts etc. Visits houses which allegedlly contain ghosts. In one house a boy took a poloriod photograph of a man, he was mean looking. It was meant to be a ghost reflected somewhat in a mirror. A skeptic (a very big skeptic I might add) said it might be an acual picture. (it couldn't have been faked, too much evidence). Anyway the Lady GHost Hunter said and gave the same description of the ghost and even said too great details his life and why he was doing this. She said some Latin prayers. (very cool). And it went off. I think this is enough proof. And i was convinced beyond a doubt. Even the skeptic is starting to frail. !

A ghost is a physical impossibility.

whoa, stay away from the word "impossible". Most scientists believed quantum singularities were a physical impossibility but then along came Hawkins. I love it how you have totally disregarded the possibility - even if you have conducted an investigation you can never say for sure "what is not". Do you see what i mean? it is most unscientific.

Guest guest

Wait a minute.....

Mr.Shvu in his post said "ghost is a physical impossibility".....literally speaking he is correct.....a ghost does not have a physical body and hence it is impossible. A ghost is in a different plane not conspicous to the human eye, ofcourse. So, it is impossible to be physical and a ghost at the same time which is an oxymoron- ghost a physical impossibility.

Haribol!

anand

"There is more than meets the eye." :eek2:

It is easy to use terms like impossible regarding subtle psychic phenomenon. For example, there was a tv show on truffles the other day. How would I know what they really taste like, until I have tasted them. Same thing with psychic phenomenon.

If you live in india, it should not be a problem. Go to your local temple, and explain the problem to the priest. He will definitely help or send you to someone who deals with such issue. Usually tantrists are very good in removing ghosts.

If you are outside india or dont know any priest, well that might be a little problematic.

Hari bol

From another thread:

na daho na klamo nartir naraka agni bhayam na hiyasya sankha udakam

murdhni krsna drstya avalokitamna graha na ca kusmandah pisaca

uraga-raksasahdrstva sankhodakam murdhni vidravani diso dasa

(Hari-bhakti-vilasa 9.5,6, from Skanda Purana about the glories of the conchshell)

"If the water within the conchshell is seen by the Supreme Lord Krsna

and if it is touched to one's head, one becomes free the fear of

punishment, distress, degradation and fire, bad planets, black magic,

snakes, devils. They run away in ten directions when they find that he

has a drop of water on his head from the conchshell which is offered

to Lord Sri Krsna."

Some back up information...

1. A Ghost can be defined as a soul without a physical body. If you think about this, the implications of not having a body run deep. Everything that is happening to us including thinking, seeing, feeling and staying alive is tied to one or more organs of the body. For this reason, if we accept the possible existence of a Ghost, then it is something completely inconceivable for humans and there is no way we can know about its existence. See this from a practical perspective and it is the same as saying Ghosts do not exist.

At this point it reduces to this. I have never known a ghost. So ghosts exist if I believe in people who claim to have known ghosts or if I choose not to believe in them, then ghosts do not exist. Depending on how we think we will pick option one or option two. It is now a matter of faith.

2. It is time to suggest practical remedies to Teja as this person has already worked his/her way through Bhajans, prayers and Mantras with no positive result. It is very simple - if Krishna will not cure your headache, you need to see a doctor.

Cheers

2. It is time to suggest practical remedies to Teja as this person has already worked his/her way through Bhajans, prayers and Mantras with no positive result. It is very simple - if Krishna will not cure your headache, you need to see a doctor. quote shvu

Fair call Shvu. I encountered the medical opinion of some religionists some years back. Followed their advice, stopped medical treatment, and the consequence was that my illness intensified and it took four years of rehabilitation to fully recover. Very bad advice.

The middle path is the best advice I can give. Especially with issues that deal with psychic dimensions, spiritual emergence crisis, or mental illness. Whatever label you want to give it.

If necessary use the methods as complimentary. Compliment your spiritual life with modern medicine. Or vice versa, compliment your illness with spiritual life.

This will help avoid the extremes of total collapse or over treatment of some toxic medicine.

A point to be made though, is the definition of illness. Western science has it's model and Vedic tradition has it's model.

Teja, be very wise in your decision. Only you know what you are going through. No one else.:pray:

Everything that is happening to us including thinking, seeing, feeling and staying alive is tied to one or more organs of the body. For this reason, if we accept the possible existence of a Ghost, then it is something completely inconceivable for humans and there is no way we can know about its existence.

I would have to disagree on the grounds that the subtle mind is also an organ of perception. It should also be remebered that the actual perceiver is the self behind the organs of perception. And eyeball does not see, The self sees into the particular dimension by using the eye. The mind does not perceive but can be used by the self as an organ of perception into various subtle realms of existence.

Our believing or disbelieving in such phenomena has no effect on if the phenomena is real or not.

You cannot prove it is not possible and no one can make you accept such a thing if you don't want to. I have had my own proof numerous times.

I'll give one example that included others as witnesses. Two friends and myself rented a three bedroom 2 story house. The bedrooms were upstairs. Late one evening we were all in our respective rooms. Suddenly we all heard a woman say ___(my name) very loudly and it was right outside one friends bedroom window, in the air! Immediately we all met in hallway. Me and my girlfriend, one other friend and his and the guy who lived in the middle.

In the following days I started feeling the same one making contact with me in a subtle way and indiating that she had been murdered and was buried under the house.

This was very unnerving. It was an old house that must have had a long history. We mocved soon after, not because of this which I mention only twice to my friends but I was relieved.

Now five people heard this woman's voice at the same time call my name from 2 stories up in the air right outside our rooms.

This does not negate a mental disorder where people hear voices etc. I am also sure that happens. But the two do not cancel each other out like if one is possible the other can't be.

If you think about this, the implications of not having a body run deep. Everything that is happening to us including thinking, seeing, feeling and staying alive is tied to one or more organs of the body.

According to the Vedic view, thinking, feeling and willing are functions of the mind, which is distinct from the physical body. Actually all actions have their root in the mind, and are expressed through the senses. The ghosts still possess sukshma sharira (composed of manas, buddhi and ahankara), but lack sthula sharira (made of pancha bhutas).

According to the Vedic view, thinking, feeling and willing are functions of the mind, which is distinct from the physical body. Actually all actions have their root in the mind, and are expressed through the senses.

I agree that actions are not really caused by our physical organs. Experiments show that the start of an action that we perform happens even before we consciously make the choice of performing that action. But how can that happen? I want to do something. Then, I do it. So, desire to do is cause and action is effect. But how can effect precede cause? For this, we have to see how experimentalists know that the action started before conscious choice. They find this by very accurately finding when an action started and very accurately scanning neurons to find when the conscious choice was made. This proves that there is something beyond our brain (a gross physical organ). I think it is this something that you are calling as mind. This mind (not a gross physical organ) actually makes a choice and this choice is later reflected in the brain.

From another thread:

na daho na klamo nartir naraka agni bhayam na hiyasya sankha udakam

murdhni krsna drstya avalokitamna graha na ca kusmandah pisaca

uraga-raksasahdrstva sankhodakam murdhni vidravani diso dasa

(Hari-bhakti-vilasa 9.5,6, from Skanda Purana about the glories of the conchshell)

"If the water within the conchshell is seen by the Supreme Lord Krsna

and if it is touched to one's head, one becomes free the fear of

punishment, distress, degradation and fire, bad planets, black magic,

snakes, devils. They run away in ten directions when they find that he

has a drop of water on his head from the conchshell which is offered

to Lord Sri Krsna."

What do u mean by seen by the lord? Does that mean, we take the counchshell with water in it and put it near a deity of lord krishna for some time before it is used to touch the head ?