IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why did Bhaktisar Maharaj leave

Rate this topic

Prema Prayojana Prabhu formerely known as Arunya Maharaja was at Srila Narayana Maharaja's Vyas Puja Festival near Hilo Hawaii. He also met personally with SNM in Oahu. So he basically left and then came back. During the festival he explained how his godbrother told him that Srila Narayana Maharaja told how he had prayed to Radha and Krsna that, "if I have ever done a drop of service for You, although I never ask for anything in return, now I am asking, please bring my boy back". Upon hearing this Prema Prayojana Prabhu's heart was melted and he vowed to return to the lotus feet of his gurudeva even if he could not maintain the sanyasa ashram. So on a positive note perhaps we could change the name of this thread to, "Why Did Aranya Maharaja Return?".

hare krishna ..

"If an institution interfers with your bhakti then burn the institution down"

i dont know about burning down the institution, cos in Prabhupadas case he said ISKCON was his body ... but as an ex-iskcon devotee i can relate to it somewhat ... while i dont blame the institution entirely for my leaving ... i certainly didnt feel protected by it in a spiritual sense when i started having my own problems of unresolved material desires ... now i live in a small seaside town in australia ... by myself ... no other devotees ... quite a change from mayapur where i spent many, many happy years ...

sangha is so important but when devotees start playing the power game ... especially leaders ... the house of cards stars tumbling down ... i try to stay sane in a world gone mad by chanting as much as i can and hoping and praying for the day that Lord Caitanya will once again engage me in devotional service ...

a special thanks to jn das for this forum and his great work in orissa ... he is an inspiration to me as a devotee who is outside of an institution but at the same time carrying on prabhupada's work ...

and to ALL the vaisanava devotees of the Lord (no matter what institution you come from) i offer my most respectful obeisances and pray for your mercy upon this fallen conditioned soul.

hari bolo

urvasi devi dasi