IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

thou shall not kill/murder?

Rate this topic

It is a ceremony known as a brisk(sp) done by a rabbi.

Actually it may also be an Islam tradition: (from American Heritage dictionary)cir·cum·ci·sion (sûr”k…m-s¹zh“…n) n. 1. The act of circumcising. 2. A religious ceremony, as in the Jewish or Moslem faith, in which someone is circumcised. 3. Circumcision.a. A Christian feast celebrating the circumcision of Jesus.

Peter is explaining how he came to be eating with impure folks. God may be letting Peter know that he can go and eat with the uncircumcized people since God has purified that meat. I'm not sure it means all meat was made clean.

True, God may not have been sanctifying all meat, just that meat. Especially if Peter was starving and in a desert, etc.

There are many points on this really.

Prabhupada has said if one is under such extreme circumstances, meat may be taken. Though he quickly pointed out we are NOT under such circumstances and therefore should not eat flesh.

Once a devotee told Prabhupada how Dr. Mishra (a guru at that time) said even if Krishna told him to eat meat, he would not. Prabhupada upon hearing this replied no, that if Krishna instructed him to eat meat, he would eat meat.

He also pointed out that if Jesus did eat meat or at least fish, that Jesus is powerful, he can eat the whole world if he wants (yes, he said that!), but no one else can. Others should not immitate the pure devotee (son of God) but instead should follow the rule, thou shalt not kill.

I like what Prabhupada next said, that Jesus did many other things, difficult tasks, so why people don't want to do that cuz Jesus did it, yet want to eat meat cuz he did? /images/graemlins/smile.gif First one must pick up their cross and follow, not immitate.

Yes, scorpio would do that too. Tho the signs your varoius planets are placed in have a signficant role.

"what post was it that made you make that comment anyway"

You're last one to gH.

In fact, Peter's vision and his recounting of it may well have nothing to do with eating meat. Three times the sheet dropped from heaven, then three men show up. God's mercy had been given to the unclean people. Who was Peter to consider these people impure and unworthy of his association if God had shown His mercy to them and "made them clean"?

what about other people who say they are christians????

and its usually fanatical christians that are attracted to me.

.....I cant blame them hahahahah

ha Well, who you attract, I can't comment on.

But others who are christians but not fanatics? If they have half a head on their shoulders, or are not close minded and are respectful to all, or somehow or other open to hearing AND you dont mind spending a lot of time explaining things (cuz it WILL take time), then they are worth talking to.

Just be careful, you dont want to help them make an offense. Its ok and even good to speak to them if they are respectful and will at least consider what you are saying. If they are jsut pretending they are open to it but are playing that game they have a habit of playing, where they just want to draw you in, then turn around and tell you you're going to hell or make some offensive remark, walk away as fast as you can. Just my opinion. Others may have different ones.

My guess would be that circumcision was good then since bathing and water were scarce in the desert. I think it has continued in the Jewish and Islamic traditions since they are very rule oriented as opposed to Christians who believe that Christ wrote the law in their hearts (i.e. he taught surrender and spontaneous love).

"Thats a no then isnt it?"

No, its not a no. ha I was a Christian, if someone hadn't preached to me, where would I be? Or the many other devotees who believed in Christ. There are many out there these days too, who believe in Christ but know the Bible has been tampered with.

"arent scorpio's the coolest...hahahah"

haha

are you sure you arent going to hell now

Visit Vancouver on the way there though k

thanks....super

lol, I say that cause I once told a fellow christian how there are some ex christians who still respect Jesus Christ but are devotees now and the respond was like a broken Christian record

they are going to hell..vrrp(a record sounding like a screech, to tired to figure out how it actually goes) they are going to hell...vrp....they are going to hell..vrp

hey wow its 3:18am here in vancouver. Time for mangal arti soon. Bed Time...hahahhaha

Dear Prabhu,

Hare Krishna!

The Bible was written in just such a way that any honest reader, who has carefully examined its message, has found it to be one whole from Genesis to Revelation; united in theme, consistent in concept, logical in development, and agreed in doctrine.

It appears that all creation was vegetarian until after the waters of the Great Flood receded and Noah and his family were left to replenish the earth.

Genesis 9:1-3 says: "Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall upon all of the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, now I give you everything."

A possible clue that comes to mind why did God now deem it fit for His creation to eat each other is: Man's wickedness had just reached its fullness, and God had destroyed almost all of the inhabitants of the earth because of it. After the flood, God continues to show His mercy, love and compassion. He knows that man always fall short to His commandments.

But that doesnt made God stopped loving man. It was as if Noah and his family were like Adam and Eve, beginning things all over again, but without the innocence of Adam and Eve. The first world has been created in perfection but man ruined it. So, the meat-eating becomes the distinguishing mark on this particular era of history would be having to live with the blight of sin.

In the New Testament, God wanted His people to be more Soul conscious rather than body conscious. After all, "the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit" (Romans 14:17).

Furthermore, great in the eyes of God those who respect life. But we the vegetarians can't looked down those who are meat eaters. Romans 14:2, "One man's faith allows him to eat everything...For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:" 1 Tim 4:4.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

Myra

Haridham,

What can be done? Some want to hear, some want to argue or debate (accodringly), & some are in grey area's. All we can do is keep on trying to those who have even half an ear open. To the ones who are even the slightest bit favorable, we keep on preaching and sharing beautiful love of Krishna. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

a christian said to me his regular speil of how i am going to hell.

I just told him thats fine, I will be waiting there to kick your a^s

ROFL LOL lol hahaha I don't know how you think of these things, but its so much better than how I remember just standing there and "taking it." And yes, even the crowd sees how ridiculous the fanatics are. Anyway, this comedian quality is helping you serve. I wish I could think of those things. Maybe I will borrow a few of yours next time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

a lot of them dont want to know anything else either. They just say whatever and anything and everything from the bible.

I mean how annoying it would be for them if I just started quoting Bagavat gita without cooperating.

What can you do right

Well after years of book distribution you have to start having a sense of humor about these things. I mean you can either do that or take them to a back alley and beat the hell out of them and trust me I felt like doing that a lot too. lol.

Well, I mean since I will be going to hell and its a long trip coming up with these are not that big of a deal.

I mean the last time I talked to this crazy guy who looked like jesus he for some reason told me "be careful, I make car accidents and thunderstorms happen here"

I just told him "be careful, I make black eyes and broken bones happen here"

If they know you dont take them with much more then a grain of salt(still not sure what that means but anyways...) they will go away.

I mean you could act all stupid like i did once.

He started yelling at me and after everytime he stoped I was like "what? He would continue and i would be "what?(you have to picture me doing that in like a hillbilly accent though)

He left soon after, I mean maybe I should teach a course or something.

lol

I mean the last time I talked to this crazy guy who looked like jesus he for some reason told me "be careful, I make car accidents and thunderstorms happen here"

I just told him "be careful, I make black eyes and broken bones happen here"

ROFL LOL I don't know how you just come up with these things! lol They are good. Tho I do agree its best to ignore them. Its those times when you have ignored them for 100th snotty comment they've made, you just need to say something for your own sanity, and its best if its a joke.

But they're funny to the onlookers, and they are the ones more inclined to take a book anyway, or at least walk away more favorable. "Those Hare Krishna's, gotta say, they do have a sense of humor. Unlike that nut at the table next to him." Something like that. They're the sane ones, so they recognize sanity, even humorous sanity.

I was doing books last year right outside chapters.

Afterwards the chapters head manager or someone would come and ask me if I wanna get hired. If only that were to happen this year. Although i think my book distribution days are over. Unless they start paying me per hour. I wont ask for that though.

It was funny. They thought I was a good salesperson.

Whenever you think of more funny things you said to keep them at bay, plus your sanity ha, please post some here. I hope you dont mind, but I sent a few to an older godsister (this is a public forum so I figured it was ok). She greatly apprciated them, as she had gone on skp too of course (haven't we all? ha), and she said what I did. That is, she never knew what to say back to them. This had her cracking up laughing, so your helping all of us to lighten up.

And even tho this is a public forum, I usually dont forward things from here, just that this was a riot as well as very helpful. We all could use a laugh these days.