IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Govindaram

thou shall not kill/murder?

Rate this topic

Yes, I have a few more but I think they might offend people. As I know there are nice christians who come here but let me know if you still want some.

I dont mind you sending them to anyone. I wish you could pay me though.

lol

Hare Krsna

I liked this one when this crazy guy would just attack me day after day.

He came up to me and said "You act all holy and you think you will atain heaven, do you even know who jesus is"

I just said "why are you nagging me, you remind me of my mother"

He said "I am not your mother"

I said "Good, I Hope your not anyone's mother"

lol.

Once the guy asked me "if he had heard of Jesus today"

I told him "I think he was at the bar you just came out of"

Also, he started to yell at me once, you think you are Jesus or something

I just said "I dont have a beard, and I am not humble so I am not Jesus but I could be the next best thing, lets talk about Jesus while we drink"

Once they put their arm on my shoulder and I had it happen before but this time i was determined to do something so I just started to sing Hindi movie songs but using his name and my name as the heros and Heroine(sp)

The louder he did his thing the louder I started to sing.

Although I think you should start thinking hare krsna or even point at something and start yelling "JESUS Christ I see a vision" Start shaking uncontrollebly or something it would be really funny.

When people are playing games, one solution is to play the game - and win.

I would place my hand on his forehead and scream "Devil come out! In the NAME OF JESUS I command you, Satan, leave this poor soul now!" using my best southern TV evangelist dialect of course.

When he realizes that I'm more nuts than he is, maybe he would settle down. At least he'll never forget me.

Hey, maybe the devil might actually leave him?! Geez, I may have a new gig. No more one trick pony gHari.

I would also have a devotee standing by in the act and I would start Screaming Jesus Christ Save this soul from this Devil and then place my hand on the fellow devotee and he would fall over and pass out. Ofcourse he would come to in a few minutes and just start chanting Hare Krsna and we would do it again.

I would do that over and over again. lol.

Hare Krsna

Am I lost??? Different Thread???

I thought this is about the 6th Commandment - Thou shall not kill.

???

Opppsss....... I remember something the 3RD Commandment!!!

Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Please let's stick with the original topic.

God Bless everyone!

Myra.

but now am found...

Myra,

I have also wondered alot about what was meant by this. I know in Krsna consciousness they speak of a beginning stage of chanting the Lord's name call the offensive stage. I wonder if anyone can help if there is a correlation.

What does it mean to take the Lord's name in vain? Hmmm...?

But now I'm found. I think this has to do with the good shepherd who has found this lost sheep.

I remember perhaps Prabhupada saying: "Don't be lost to Krsna'.

Haridhama, that is so close to the truth that it would certainly work. And while they laughed and forgot the Christian zealot they might sober a bit and realize the deep truth that the comedy they are watching is actually a drama, a documentary, a mirror, their only hope.

In Krishna consciousness we always see the highest, and therefore there is no such thing as taking the Lords name in vain, whereas even if one who is innimical, they recieve spiriutal benefit by saying "Hare Krishna." Even if they say "Those Hare Krishna devotees are yada yada," while we don't encourage this, at least they said Hare Krishna! And so they will benefit.

gH, that was a good one too! LOL Only those who have gone out on sankirtana and experienced religous prejudice may understand, but I do hope others realize that no offense is inteded here. First go out and preach day after day, chanting 16 rounds in between, and rise by 4 a.m. for morning worship and scripture, etc., then maybe will be able to see what we have gone thru by being bad mouthed repeatedly. So please, dont take anything personally.

But now I'm found. I think this has to do with the good shepherd who has found this lost sheep.

It's from the old gospel hymn Amazing Grace. Topic lost topic found?

Anyway it deserves its own thread.

Thiest,

Speaking about returning things to the topic, did you ever see the post I put up, two quotes about honey and fish, and Jesus took 'it.' Etc. ??? I think its on pg 2 or at most, 3.

Dear theist,

I have read several times in this forum “the holy name of THE LORD is all in all”. The Name of the Lord and the personality of the Lord is one. Since Jesus is the reincarnation of God and born as a son, the Lord’s name is above every Name and there is Great Power in His Name and when we use it, we need to make sure that we use with respect, not to be used as an attachment to make others laugh and be an instrument for self gratification.

The name of a person represents the character of the person. When you love and honor a person's name you are loving and showing respect to that person. So, the reason the name of Jesus is to be handled gingerly is that to call upon him is to invoke his glory, his mercy and his presence. (Not only Jesus but other saints too like Sri Prabhupada). We are to call upon his name in prayer, in thanksgiving, in worship and in time of need. But to use his name cavalierly is blasphemous. He is holy, so his name and words about him are holy and not to be trifled with.

Jai Sri Jesus! Hare Krishna!

Myra

Yeah Amazing grace is a great song

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound

that saved a wretch like me

I once was lost

now am found

was once blind

but now I see

Hare Krsna

Hare Krsna

Krsna Krsna

Hare Hare

Hare Rama

Hare Rama

Rama Rama

Hare Hare

I don't think anyone is saying its ok to be blasphemous or that any such things are acceptable, simply that at least they also benefit by the transcendental sound vibration. Blamesphemy can sometimes still be there.

Yet I must tell you a story. When I first moved in the temple in NY there was glass from soda bottles on the roof. The devoees told me there was this one guy (tho others may have done it too), who use to throw soda bottles on our roof, knowing they would break and even maybe we would cut our feet cuz in NY (where I no longer live) it is common for people to go out on their roofs. Certainly the deovtees did. He would do this regularly and call us all sorts of names, including of course, calling God names. Long story short, he ultimately become a devotee! So, noting to worry about. Spiriutal sound vibration works. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Krishna das sings that. Not an ISKCON devotee, but a Vaisnava. American. His CD's are sold at Krishna Culture. Anyway, he sings it just as Haridham it, showing how Hare Krishna is the same thing.

When we take that respect and reverence to the limit we seem to get Theist's idea about offenses during chanting God's names, where we may not be consciously disrespecting the position of Sri Krsna, but we are taking it lightly.

It seems almost like the story of the boy who called "Wolf". The boy calls "Wolf" and his protector shows up, but the boy was only kidding.

The American Heritage Dictionary really puts shadow chanting in a vain light:<blockquote>vain (v³n) adj. vain·er, vain·est. 1. Not yielding the desired outcome; fruitless: a vain attempt. 2. Lacking substance or worth: vain talk. 3. Excessively proud of one's appearance or accomplishments; conceited. 4. Archaic. Foolish. --idiom. in vain. 1. To no avail; without success: Our labor was in vain. 2. In an irreverent or disrespectful manner: took the name of the Lord in vain. [Middle English, from Old French, from Latin v³nus, empty. See eu-2 below.] --vain“ly adv. --vain“ness n.</blockquote>

BTW, here's <a href=http://www.radiokrishna.com/rkc_archive_new/music-english/Various%20Artists/RKC%20Live%20Stream%20-%20Sting%20%26%20Krishna%20Das%20-%20Mountain%20Hare%20Krishna.mp3>Krishna das and Sting</A> (a choirboy turned celebrated pop rocker) singing Amazing Grace with the Mahamantra ala mountain hillbilly.

And did someone mention ? And here's why <a href=http://www.radiokrishna.com/rkc_archive_new/new%20music/Gurukula/RKC%20Live%20Stream%20-%20Gurukula%20-%20Jagannatha.mp3>the future is secure.

Help them join Christ at Christ-loka, along with the many others from different corners of this universe.

Very nice post, Theistji, but can I ask why you are making propaganda for Jesus Christ? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just joking.

I doubt thats true.

Well, sometimes I dont like us. LOL

Seriously tho, if someone tried to take advantage of him, or if he heard about the Grukuli stuff, or politics, this may be why he makes announcements before he sings "Hare Krishna" that he is not a member of ISKCON. Its bad business. ha But until I see otherwise, I would need facts to believe he utterly cant stand us. For one thing, he has a gurukuli in the picture on one of his CD's. and I know this kid (no longer a kid). His name is Bhima and he is playing that small type of mrdanga on one CD with Krishna das. So, Krishna das can't outright hate ISKOCN if he is letting ISKCON young adults play musical instruments with him.