IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mahak

offense and action

Rate this topic

Haribol. When one hears offense of Vaisnava, the first action to take is not to run away. Lord Nityananda Prabhu teaches this clearly, in fact he admonishes Lord Chaitanya who wanted to kill the offender. Lord Nityananda takes a different approach, he uses humble persuasion, and instead of the offenders being dead, they have become great devotees who all devotees accept as pure nitya siddhas.

The way I heard it is that the offender should be softened, if at all possible. This is the hardest kind of preaching. After a full effort is given, and the offensive behavior continues, the Vaisnava should then disassociate. If disassociation is not possible, then the vaisnava should kill himself, never is there an option to kill the offender.

Everyone is offender, no one can throw the first stone. My offenses, including elephant offenses, cannot even be numbered. But the devotees I have offended, seriously as well as publically, have been so kind as to humbly persuade me otherwise.

Anyway, on open forums, we should always show patience to unfortunate remarks. Never let them stand, but over-reacting may not help either the hearer of the offense or the sayer. Maybe Im too tolerant, but my old firends told me of the very early days, when prabhupada was needing to wait his turn for shower facilities. He was treated very familiarly, and he heard the greatest offenses to krsna by none other than those whom he saw fit to save from the clutches of birth and death.

Just a concern, because I hate good topics to be abandoned because a casual reader, utter beginners, may say something silly or even stupid. The moderators here at Audarya Fellowship are very good at cleanbing up bad stuff, and alsways let innocent remarks by those who may have read the word KRSNA for thew first time in their lives on the day they made a stupid remark, let it go.

Anyway, I hope the good writer on the other topic will return there, because I dont read such bad stuff and need help in determining if one is not being kind or humble, i need help to see if an offender does not change and continues to create problems. Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

when you beieve in it, you have to act according to it,

i would think.

asuras offend, kill suras all over the world, more in india, the deva bhoomi.

please try the technique and approach with the muslims and ben ladins and wahabis. they are the greatest challange.

others are not that much of a problem. tough preachers/revolutionaries attach tough problems head on.

islam is tough, toughest.

it is right challange for you, dear mahak ji.

however it is not the only approach krishna shows in gita.

teh approach you mentioen dis for brahmansa and sadhus./sanyasis/swamis.

kshatriyas , vaishyas, and shudras do have their approaches to tackle the problem. all can contribute according to their mode and ability to solve the same problem.

in past 500 years, how many muslims have been subdued or freed from islam by HKs?

why waste time in triial challanges, why not tackle islam?

jai sri krishna! -madhav

Haribol, I have no intention of killing anyone, but I regard bin laden and others who may be called fanatic by their moderate bretheren to be actually "following" the tenets of their faith. This is why these folks are supported by many nations secretly, so-called friends of the US like Saudi Arabia. They cannot be true to their "religion" if they go to war with the fundamentalist. Jihad is binding, and the victim of jihad is anyone and everyone who refuses to be "converted" to Islam. Simple as that.

But "religion" is what we are instructed to give up. Islam is religion, whereas vaisnavism is the establishment of relationship with the Supreme Lord, thus loving others as much as the self is loved. While I may clearly state that Lord Jesus is a vaisnava, I cannot go there with mohammed. He may serve Allah, but he fails to see that Allah means the most compassionate Lord.

But dont get me wrong, I do not hate muslims, I consider myself to be a malcolm x muslim, a muhammed ali muslim, I see that they understand that Allah is compassionate and can be personally related to, as both master and as friend. In other words, they gave up their wierd "religion" in favor of the surrender to the supreme lord. It behooves the muslim to read up on malcolm x, on how he gave up the "religion" of farakkan and elijah muhammed, gave up the intrinsic hatred linked to man-made religion, and entered a spiritual relationship with guru residing in the heart, the one who gives the strength to make such fatal decisions.

hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Haribol. When one hears offense of Vaisnava, the first action to take is not to run away. Lord Nityananda Prabhu teaches this clearly, in fact he admonishes Lord Chaitanya who wanted to kill the offender. Lord Nityananda takes a different approach, he uses humble persuasion, and instead of the offenders being dead, they have become great devotees who all devotees accept as pure nitya siddhas.

The way I heard it is that the offender should be softened, if at all possible. This is the hardest kind of preaching. After a full effort is given, and the offensive behavior continues, the Vaisnava should then disassociate. If disassociation is not possible, then the vaisnava should kill himself, never is there an option to kill the offender.

Everyone is offender, no one can throw the first stone. My offenses, including elephant offenses, cannot even be numbered. But the devotees I have offended, seriously as well as publically, have been so kind as to humbly persuade me otherwise.

Anyway, on open forums, we should always show patience to unfortunate remarks. Never let them stand, but over-reacting may not help either the hearer of the offense or the sayer. Maybe Im too tolerant, but my old firends told me of the very early days, when prabhupada was needing to wait his turn for shower facilities. He was treated very familiarly, and he heard the greatest offenses to krsna by none other than those whom he saw fit to save from the clutches of birth and death.

Just a concern, because I hate good topics to be abandoned because a casual reader, utter beginners, may say something silly or even stupid. The moderators here at Audarya Fellowship are very good at cleanbing up bad stuff, and alsways let innocent remarks by those who may have read the word KRSNA for thew first time in their lives on the day they made a stupid remark, let it go.

Anyway, I hope the good writer on the other topic will return there, because I dont read such bad stuff and need help in determining if one is not being kind or humble, i need help to see if an offender does not change and continues to create problems. Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

The offender should be softened, :smash:

if at all possible.:pray: