IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened

Vedic math= Living calculators...

Rate this topic

This is a really cool site that talks about vedic math.

The people who wrote the vedas must be either celestials.... if you go into mythology .

in reality though, they are incredible and they are these outstanding geniuses who not only excelled in philosophy, theology and the governmental aspects of human nature, but they also dealed with the aspects of mathemetics, Sciences etc. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Check this site out, it has decoded the aspects of mathematics from vedas..

www.vedicmaths.org

www.vedicmath.org

These are basic math skills that make it easy for people who are bad in math get really good. They basically calculate stuff like (256)*198888 in like a split second.

One of the tricks I learned dealt with multiplying all the 5s in between 1 to 100... for example... 95 * 95... etc.

95*95= 7225... I did this in less than a second, isn't that cool...

well, its great for the kids who are in school, i mean like me...

- enlightened /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I did it in about a second and got it right......with my trustworthy calculator!! The answer is 9025!!

95*95= 7225... I did this in less than a second, isn't that cool...

"Your mind is not always your friend."

However, I am enjoying the Vedic Math site and have learned some pretty cool tricks. Thanks for posting this.

I do have a question - what does this have to do with vedic verses? Should have been in the recommended website room.

A long time ago I was fumbling through the library and came across a book about Vedic mathematics. It had a bunch of verses that described the different techniques. But the verses were kind of like sutras - very terse. So it seemed to me like if you just read them you wouldn't know the technique. Anyways, I tried a few and they were pretty interesting.

The one thing I recall was something along the lines of how to do calculations. In the west we go from right to left. This book gave a technique that said to go from left to right. The technique allowed you to do math in your head because it didn't require you to constantly be carry over a number. Each time you do this you have to keep one number in mind as you continue the process. So it made the mental math easier. I don't recall how it worked.

I have seen programs in the past with these "human calculators" and thought it was pretty interesting. I think if there was a systematic approach to teaching these math tricks from a very young age, that many people could do it as a daily occurence. As is, it is more of a parlor trick.

One reason I can think why the sutras are terse is that in those days teachings were not by writing. Guru used to speak and pupils used to listen and remember. It is easy to remember a sutra if it is not verbose.

Another reason could be that it may not be difficult for people of that time. Right now, we write formulas using symbols for operands and operators. When we read a sutra in a scripture, then we always try to understand it by translating it into the form in which we do the calculations now. That is why we find it difficult. But, for the students of that time, it was something natural.

Guest guest

Sorry, i was thinking of 85*85..... my bad, I typed 95 * 95 as a mistake. Excuse MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But the website is cool though so go check it out.

Guest guest

Sorry, i was thinking of 85*85..... my bad, I typed 95 * 95 as a mistake. Excuse MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But the website is cool though so go check it out.

- enlightened

Sri Bhaktibhavana Visnu Mhrj, sometimes in Vermont, wrote a great article about Vedik Math some 15 yrs ago published in their magazine Clarion Call

Maybe u can reach him thru www.gosai.com or gosai@gosai.net or something like that.

Or thru Bhaktigaurava Narasimha Mhrj or Tripurari Mhrj or Bhaktyaloka Paramadvaiti Mhrj

Guest guest

i would like to know more about vedic maths and i would like to take up the course of vedic maths, and i am also intersted in taking the franchise for vedic maths, so that bangaloreans are profited with that