IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Mormon God and Human Form

Rate this topic

It is nice to hear from you again and thank you for responding to the inquiry.

The local LDS temple does incredible welfare work in our community helping those who are in need.

I learned that this is universal to the church when speaking with one of the church leaders after they had helped a family in dire need.

My question is how does the church safeguard themselves from being taken advantage of by people asking for help when they don't really need it.

... we have some people that are very zealous about teaching/wanting u to hear about the Lord, please forgive them for this love pushes people to do strange things.

Well that's terrible. No one could ever accuse Hare Krsna's of anything like that. "By the way have you seen our books? Can you give a donation? Huh? Huh? Can ya ? Can ya? Oh five dollars. That is nice. Ten would be even nicer." as we follow them down the block. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LOL this guy/gal is a perfect example of why people should stay away from anti-Mormon sites! First off, i have been an LDS/mormon for 10 yrs now, i did NOT pay tithe until two yrs ago, so the "you will be excommunicated for not paying your tithe" is a crock, like i said, stay away from the anti-Mormon sites, they make a liar/bafoon out of people, case in point, you!

Second, Brigham Youngs family did NOT start the reoganized lds church, it was Joseph Smith's kids/wife that did, because they thought the next Prophet should be handed down to someone in the family. Our church's prophets are chosen by revelation not by choice/vote. As for what they believe, i wouldnt know, and after looking/reading what u think u know about the original LDS church, i wouldnt believe what u have to say about them as truth either.

As far as our financial status, yes we buy stocks/bonds it helps keep our welfare program going as well as the relief funds.

Stay away from anti mormon sites and go read the truth, this is ridiculous, printing words about something u know nothing about.

Hello, it is nice to talk to a pleasant person on this site. How do we safeguard? I believe they check out their need before donating, but we also have an attitude that we give, what people do with it is on their head, the Lord knows we tried to help. Kind of like me paying my tithing, i do not care what happens to it, the Lord knows i paid it, that is what he required of me, so i am not responsible any more for the money, i fulfilled my obligation. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Guest guest

Why even bother with all this. The Lord doesn't say surrender to a religion He says to simply surrender to Him so why even bother with Mormonism.

Yes wyoming, I was referring to the fact that we Hare Krsna's have been way too aggressive at times, and therefore should be able to understand the mind set behind it.

I'm sorry my post wasn't very clear. I often forget that the tone of our statements often doesn't come through in the post.

Thank you, this is the first time i have ever talked on a forum, i usually chat in Christian chat rooms on , we are constantly being critizied by people who do not know anything about us, so please forgive me if i get to mean. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Guest guest

The path of religion is quite clearly laid out by the Lord in Bhagavad Gita and all these sectarian religions are only distracting people from that path. If you call speaking the truth plainly and simply rude then so be it.

Hey, no problem. I was serious,sometimes it is very hard to tell the vibe that is behind any particular post.

I know about being defensive. I'm a born again Christian who chants Hare krsna believes in reincarnation etc. The Fundies have come after me more than once. They wanted to cast the reincarnation demon out of me once. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I escaped.

There is one very large thing i thank the Lord for, and that is the freedom of choice, the freedom to choose how i worship him, with which sect/religion. If he gave me this choice and i feel i made a great one. Im not sure if u believe in the devil, but he is one that loves to hamper/take away our choice, he is also rude. Like the saying goes, if the shoe fits........ /images/graemlins/grin.gif

now wyoming, careful you don't slip it on yourself. We always have a poster or two here that are inclined to agitate others. So many people with differing views post here. So its best to take the high road. Just respond to the more polite inquiries and ignore the others.

I am curious as to what Mormon teaching is on the nature of God. Could you help us out a little here?

My limited understanding from talking to LDS street ministers is that the conception of God is one of a unlimited succession of living beings rising up to the post of heavenly father by worshiping their heavenly father, and that this succession is beginningless and endless. Am I on the right track here?

Guest guest

Haribol, Babhru's story about Hawaii sounds familiar, as we too were visited by missionaries when I lived a few miles from West Salt Lake City (Laia, Hawaii, home of BYU Hawaii). Thesed fellows were quite proper, and some would say pious. However, that said, there is an inherant flaw in the whole philosophy that eliminates it from even being called a religion, let alone a valid one.

Religion means the establishment of relationship with God, and due to the fact that they are a western version of so many "I am God" monotheists, how can this be considered a religion. Also, they are one of the most sectarian groups aropund, discriminating against all. They may be nice, but so was Jim Jones.

At best, they can be copnsidered Lord Brahma worshipers, but even then, there is a smarta brahmanistic approach to such worship, in other words, they worship a form of God with intent to become equal to their object of worship.

Politically, mormons are not much different than freemasons, and are quite ruthless. My negative opinion is not because of bad experiances with the mormon church, per se, rather a ruthless experiance at the hands of the mormon mafia, a contingent of leaders of the US Navy (and probably other branches of the military), a most deceptive and ruthless bunch. I guess if one is waiting to take his place as the Supreme Lord, such arrogance is okay. BTW, they are also quite revisionist, as they only recently accepted blacks and aboriginals as human.

Religion begins at aham brahmasmi (I am spirit, not bio-chemical energies that make up the form I reside in), and anything less is useless.

Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

The things i posted were accurate historical events,

is history offensive ?

to some yes, does that mean we should be denioed true history ?

In japan the schools were under heavy criticism for not mentioning japanese actions during WW2, is that also

what you are going to do here ?

Guest guest

It's all related to mormon philosophy.

what they term "the great work".

What is the great work ?

Taking over the world,of course.

Their actual plan ,in their philosophy,of their belief system, is that they are to take upon themnselves

the identity of christ.

This means they consider this world to be there property,

all things in it are given to them,the mormon church ,as their divine property, and they have a religious philosophy that tells them to become rulers of this world,

to tranform this planet into a mormon hegemony.

This is the "great work", they admit as much openly,

so when citing their actions ,materially speaking,

it is all part of their philosophy and religious belief.

But shiva don't Hare Krsna's also want to take control of the world?

I mean that is not a fault really. If one thinks they have the highest truth then most likely they would want that truth accepted from the top down.

I wondered if I could talk to you one on one in a email about what you said,"I'm a born again Christian who chants Hare Krsna believes in reincarnation,etc." I have some questions I really don't know how to address the board. If you agree, you don't have to reply here,JNdas has my permission to give you my email address. If you don't want to do this, I understand.. Debbie