IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Richard

European Aryan invasion theory- Genetic proof?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ram, please note i never wrote the article but merely posted it as an item which may be of interest to indians, hindus and people in general. I dont understand what youve got a bee in your bonnet about. Im not a Christian missionary. I view christianity in its present form to be somewhat decadent- u only have to look at modern Western society to see that. But in fact the author of the article appears to have an indian name- perhaps an india had to write it to sidestep bigoted remarks such as youre prone to making- christian missionary LMAO

Guest guest

hey - i dont think you are a christian missionary jst because you posted an article. you can see that from my response to rghu. and my counter to the article is just to expose its shalowness.

Guest guest

Has anyone considered the fact the Aryans may have been returning home having lost the empire? Just like the Brits did.

Guest guest

there is a saying in tamil : vidiya vidiya ramayanam kettuttu sedhaikku raman chitappannaanaam.

the point here is that there is no such race as aryan.

Guest guest

Seems like a strange thing for a Hindu to say- to deny the founding forefathers of the religion you practice.

Guest guest

hello guest, please take on a user name so that i dont have to deal with anonymous writers.

the concept of aryan race started in the 19th century and was started by the british. the word arya means a civilized individual. the word dravida refers to a place. that is all. there is no basis for aryan invasion theory except in the figment of one's imagination.

Guest guest

so the Aryan race has never been a concept in Hindusim pre 19th century? So tell me how did the British go to india and rediscovery it (from a British perspective) there? Surely it must have been a concept for the British to relearn it from India and Hinduism?

The word "Arya" in ancient texts simply referred to a noble and cultured person, one who followed the injunctions of scripture. It had no connection to race. The British were looking for a way to divide the North and South Indians, so they manufactured a history of "Aryans" and "Dravidians", where the dravidians were an conquered and enslaved race. Oddly, there is no mention of any such enslavement in any of the ancient sanskrit texts. Nor is there any mention of anything remotely identifiable with an "aryan invasion".

As ram mentioned, "Dravida" refers to an area of India, as does Utkala, Gauda, etc. There were five northern and five southern regions.

Guest guest

With regard to the word "Aryan", while it does not refer to race, one cannot deduce from etymology that it does not. Example: the Vikings, upon reaching North America in the 900sAD gave the epithet "wretched ones" (I forget the actual Norse) to the Indians they found. No racial (or even cultural) distinction is inherent in their naming the native Indians "wretched ones", and yet it refers to a group racially and culturally separate.

I suppose you Hindu nationalists are going to tell me that the Vikings that discovered "Vinland" were actually a sect of American Indians who, upon some strange whim, decided to call themselves "Vikings" and single out their blood brethren as "wretched ones"?

Guest guest

another translation is farmer, and was used as a way

to describe a person or culture that was not nomadic.

the term was coined by i think max muller,and he

was very against the word being used as a racial

significator, either way the idea of aryan invasion

has been discredited,the only people who hold on

to it have simply not been educated on the subject.

the concept of aryan invasion was never proven

in the first place and the theory was propagated

due to economic insecurity and religious discrimination

well, this is a very long story if you're talking about this. you can go research this if you like. all i think he was trying to do was tell you guys something. i think it's interesting as it is true. people migrate and some have diffrent bloodlines then others. butwe are all like brothers.

Guest guest

Be careful of foreign genetic studies they are cleverly interpreted to cut the roots of great civilizations like India. truly the aryan race came from India.

Guest guest

Do not trust the Western interpretation of race or Aryan lineage. It is total politics. I can even link the Negro to a a Swede, though it is false. Mitochondrial DNA analysis is all fake as the mother can pick up paternal sequences by genetic recombination during replication in the mother. Dr. Joshi is correct the original home of the Aryan race is Aryavarta. Also Sanskrit is the mother of all Indo-European languages. Indians mostly are the purest of Aryans. Colour variability is due to climatic differences. Example the people from Latin countries are darker than say the Sacndinavians.

Guest guest

Ignore all genetic data published in Western journals, there is a conspiracy going on. I can even link the Negro with the Swede genetically, though I know this is false. Mitochondrial DNA analysis has no basis as the mother can pick up paternal DNA by means of recombination during replication. Dr. M.M. Joshi is correct that the Aryan Race originated in Aryavarta and most Indians in every part of India are the purest of Aryans. The colour variability is due to climatic factors example the people of Latin countries are darker than Scandinavians. Also Sanskrit is the mother of all Indo-European languages.

As Guru Prabhupada suggests:<blockquote>The word Aryan means advanced. Unless one is spiritually advanced, he cannot be called an Aryan, and this is the difference between Aryan and non-Aryan. Non-Aryans are those who are not spiritually advanced. By following the Vedic culture, by performing great sacrifices and by becoming a strict follower of the Vedic instructions, one may become a brAhmaNa, a sannyAsI or an Aryan.</blockquote>

An Aryan would not invade anyone. QED.

Guest guest

TheWest has tried to change the criterion for Aryan race. The first use of this word Aryan is from the Rigveda. By Aryan is meant a person of Aryvarta whose colour ranged from White to Brown. Ancient Iran an Aryan land had also the same colour criterion. Mitochondrial DNA studies are not genuine. As often a women can pick up paternal DNA sequences in her mitochondrial DNA by recombination. The Western racial studies are politically-loaded. The only true criterion for the Aryan Race can be Indian and Zoroastrian.

Prof. Aryaman Mishra

Guest guest

Sorry to be a pedant and probably an ignoramus, but I thought that Mitochondria only transmitted throught the female and dies with the male, therefore no male transmitts mitochondrial DNA, the little bit which propells the sperms individually dies when the sperms genetic material is integrated and the female mitochondria takes over all mitochondrial "duties". Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheryl

Guest guest

Sure whites have invaded in india,

but they are not aryans as they say or think.

aryan is one who accepts the authority of the vedas and lives by it. an arya can be of any race.

at this time most hare krishnas who are white, are aryans.

the cradle of aryans or the vedic culture is india,

not europe.

when DNA studies are carried under the aegis of a hindu or vaishnav org., then only i would believe the conclusion regards to the caste system.

jai sri krishna!

Guest guest

I totally agree with Dr. Joshi that most of us Indians belong to the pure Aryan Race.

Guest guest

No doubt I agree after reading your epics the aryans most likely originated in India.

Guest guest

Please read Lokmanya Tilak Book"THE ARTIC HOME OF THE ARYANS" things will be much clearly. Mr. Tilak was himself a Sankrit Scholar.

Guest guest

Let's watch the news... "Sonia Gandhi Most Likely To Become India's New Prime Minister." Even though being the widow of the late Rajiv Gandhi, the fact remains she is a woman from ITALIAN ANCESTRY. On CNN I saw a crowd of Indians protesting that it was a BETRAYAL of India's national identity to install a socalled Non-Indian on the post of PM. The protesters all looked rather blackish indeed, probably Tamils. Are they afraid their Aryan-Invasion nightmare continues up to the present day? Sure looked like...