IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Arjuna's conclusion on the Gita

Rate this topic

<center>http://members.fortunecity.com/rsodha1/higita.bmp

Having listened to the manifestations of the Lord,

Arjuna said with great eagerness:

<font color="red">You are the supreme Brahman, the supreme Light, the supreme Sanctifier.</font>

All the sages as also the divine sage Narada, Asita (the father of Devala), Devala and Vyasa call

<font color="blue">You the eternal divine Person, the Primal God, the Birthless, the Omnipresent;</font>

and You Yourself verily tell me so.

O Kesava, I accept to be true all this which You tell me. Certainly, O Lord, neither the gods nor the demons comprehend Your glory.

BHAGAVAD-GITA 10:15

svayam evatmanatmanam

vettha tvam purusottama

bhuta-bhavana bhutesa

deva-deva jagat-pate

Indeed, You alone know Yourself by Your own internal potency, O Supreme Person, origin of all, Lord of all beings, God of gods, Lord of the universe!

These following messages are posted on another board:

"sarvam etadRtaM manye yan mAM vadasi kezava

na hi te bhagavan vyaktiM vidur devA na dAnavAH"

"svayam eva 'tmanA 'tmAnaM vettha tvaM puruSottama

bhUtabhAvana bhUteza devadeva jagatpate"

"vaktum arhasy azeSeNa divyA hy Atma vibhUtayaH

yAbhir vibhUtibhir lokAn imAMs tvaM vyApya tiSThasi"

(Bhagavad Gita 10.14-16)

Arjuna said to Lord Krishna:

"I hold as true, all that You say to me, O Kesava. Neither the Devas (celestial powers) nor the Danavas (evil powers), O Lord, know verily Your manifestations."

(B.G.10.14)

Bhagavan is He Who manifests SIX divine attributes which are :

bala, omnipotence; dharma, righteousness; aisvarya, lordship; sri, opulence and beauty; jnana, wisdom; vairagya, dispassion.

Further He knows the past, present and future of beings.

His manifestations in human form remains UNKNOWN to the Devas themselves; how then shall the Danavas come to know His intents and extents!

"Verily You alone know Yourself by Yourself, O Purushottama (Supreme Personality), O Source of beings, O Lord of beings, O God of celestial gods, O Ruler of the world."

(B.G.10.15)

The individual souls are called 'Purushas' because they temporarily occupy the 'Puri' of the 'Prakriti' and then vacate it when they get 'Mukti', liberation.

But the Lord being the eternal Presiding Deity over the 'Prakriti', He is aptly eulogized as 'Purushottama'.

His Glory in its entirety is KNOWN to Him alone and to NONE else.

"An individual took a diamond to the market-place for valuation and asked several shop-keepers about it.

The vegetable seller opined that five baskets of vegetables might be bartered for that gem.

The rice merchant viewed that two bags of rice could be liberally given in exchange for it.

The draper in his turn held that a bale of linen might unhesitatingly offered for that precious thing.

Finally it was given to the diamond merchant who alone could value it at two millions of rupees! In this fashion the Lord is also beheld in varying ways according to the people's power of understanding.

God's glories are verily unfathomable.

-Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

"Condescend to tell without reserve of Your Divine manifestations, by which divine glories You remain pervading ALL these worlds."

(B.G.10.16)

A musician alone can bring out the fine touches in melody. The strength of an elephant could be demonstrated only by that stately animal turning out gigantic work. The wealth of a monarch can be well recounted by NONE but himself.

It is only given to the Descension (Incarnation) of God to REVEAL all of His Divine splendours and Glories.

The revelation of God comes purely by His Mercy.

He is the sun of Knowledge. It is possible for a SINGLE ray of His to enlighten the WHOLE world. We are therefore able to understand one another and to acquire knowledge in all of His forms.

More than all these, we get to KNOW Him by His Divine Grace ONLY.

-Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa<center>

Here is a similar verse said by Lord Himself in Gita:

'na me viduH sura gaNAH prabhavaM na maharSayaH,

ahamAdir hi devAnAM maharSINAM ca sarvazaH'

(Gita 10.2)

'Neither the hosts of Devas, the celestial beings nor the great Rishis, Sages know My glory and origin;

for every respect I am the Source of the Devas and the great Sages.'

"The birth of the son and his progress in life is known to the father, but the birth and boyhood of the father ever remains beyond the ken of the son.

Analogously Brahman is the Source and Witness of the universe that comes from Him and merges into Him.

This eternal Brahman is to 'some extent' cognized by the prefected Beings like the great Sages, Rishis.

But His Glory in its ENTIRETY can NEVER be known by the hosts of Saints and Sages.

He only remains PARTIALLY revealed even when He embodies as an Incarnation like Rama or Krishna."

-Swami Chidbhavananda

"The Divine Breeze blowing from the Ocean of Sat-Chit-Ananda-Brahman transports people into Ecstasy.

Sanaka, Sanatana and other ancient Rishis got themselves perfected by this Divine Breeze.

A mere glimpse of This Ocean sent Narada into Raptures.

Sukadeva, the born Brahma-Jnani touched This Water but once and got himself filled with 'Brahma-avastha' and wandered the world as a Divine Lad.

Lord Shiva, the Cosmic Teacher took only three sips from the great Ocean and became dazed with Transcendental Bliss.

Indeed, who can MEASURE the depth or the characteristics of the Infinite Ocean of Brahman!"

-Sri Ramakrishna Pramahamsa

'yo mAm ajam anAdiM ca vetti loka mahezvaram,

asaM mUDhaH sa martyeSu sarva pApaiH pramucyate'

(Gita 10.3)

'He who knows Me as Unborn and Beginingless, as the great Lord of the worlds, he among mortals is undeluded and freed from all evil and wrong actions.'

It is understandable that demons don't accept the truth of Krishna because their nature is not divine. The other deities look at themselves and have a limited understanding of the import of Krishna's truth. It is only after setting self worth aside and practicing renunciation and focussing on the shelter of Krishna's lotus feet will full devotion and truth be achieved.

The Nectar of Devotion

Vrndavana, October 17, 1972:

There is a Bengali verse, krsna ye bhaje se bada catura? Yes. Unless one is very wise and intelligent, he cannot become a devotee of Krsna. The first-class intelligent class of men surrenders to Krsna. Just like Arjuna. Arjuna, after understanding Bhagavad-gita, he replied to Krsna, karisye vacanam tava [bg. 18.73],

"Yes, I'll do."

In the beginning, he was posing himself as very nice man, renounced.

"My dear Krsna, the other side is my brothers, my grandfather, my teacher, Dronacarya, my nephews, my son-in-laws, all my relatives. So I do not wish to fight. Let them enjoy."

That was Arjuna's decision, in the beginning. And thus Bhagavad-gita was taught to him. But after teaching Bhagavad-gita to Arjuna, Krsna inquired from him,

"Now what is your position? Your illusion is over or not? What you have decided to do now?"

He said,

"Yes, my illusion is over."

Karisye vacanam tava [bg. 18.73].

"What You are saying, I shall act."

This is Bhagavad-gita understanding. Sarva-dharman parityaja mam ekam saranam vraja. Then Arjuna went against his first decision. In the beginning he was nonviolent. But he changed. He become violent. Violent means he fought. He was a warrior. He was ksatriya. His business was to fight when there is necessity. But in the beginning he was illusioned. Karpanya-doso upahata-svabhavah. Svabhavah, by nature, he was fighter, warrior, but karpanya-dosa, being miserly, upahata svabhavah, he's going, he was going against his nature. And after understanding Bhagavad-gita, he was posed in his real nature.

manmanä mad-bhakta hao more namaskär

ämäke päibe tumi pratijïä ämär

Text 65: Always think of Me, become My devotee, worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend.

sarva dharma tyägi lao ämära çaraë

rakñiva tomäke ämi sadä sarvakñaë

kona cintä nä karibe päp nähi habe

ämära çaraëe tumi parä çänti päbe

Text 66: Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear.

"O Krishna, I totally accept as truth all that You have told me. Neither the demigods nor the demons, O Lord, can understand Your personality."

********Means*******

as per advistha aham brhmasmi, that is god=me and me=god,

demo gods and godess might mean by the discription of great life force working in our body on each organ. like or example, heart beats, lugs breath, eyes watch, individually there are devthas running the organ, like gods, and again in then the demi gods inside, but all together, its our soul=God.

let me explain my version of tree of god.

GOD

then there are 2 subs

parashakthi

parabhrahma

under parabrham we have 3 subs

brahma vishnu and shiva

under parashakthi we have 3 subs

sarswathy lakshmi and parvathi

and under them come different other sections, which i havent worked themout for the moment.

hindusm is a artistic discription of GoD using the different gods and demigods.

let me put it in a grosser way: how do we describe a beauty of women. first she is good, then from part to part we discribe. the same way its with the god.

sorry no intend to offend any1

thnk