Srila Prabhupada on Current Events

Rate this topic

Got this from another site.

Dear [.....] prabhus,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All Glories to Srila

Prabhupada, who may be compared to both Matsya Avatar for saving

the Vedas and to Braha Deva for saving the earth. Of Coures, this

does not mean that he is Lord Vishnu, but rather that he carries

the potency of the Lord as Shaktevesha Avatar.

I read with interest your posting re the concerns of Dina Dayadri

dasi about mounting international karmic reactions, exploitation

by demons, etc. To bring the issue into perspective, let us take a

look at how SP dealt with the question of impending WWIII. I was

personally present in Mayapur, about 1974-75, when SP was giving

his famous WWIII morning walk conversation. Naturally, the

devotees were all freaked out, yet SP remained cool, calm, as if

it were no big deal. Potentially massive destruction "no big

deal?" Apparently not for the self realized Maha Bhagavata

Acharya. SP's only real concern was that if there were a war, who

would maintain the temples in India, since the foreigners would be

asked to leave. The Indian nationals had not emerged as leaders of

the movement yet at that time.

Rameswar asked him "...But what about the radioctive

contamination?...". Again SP responded as if it were no big deal.

He said, "the atmosphere is already contaminated!"

On other occasions, several different times, SP clearly stated

"NOTHING CAN DISTROY THIS SANKIRTAN MOVEMENT!" (devotees had

inquired about demoniac political conspiracy rumors, possible

tyranical dictatorships,etc.) Once SP told Prajapati Das (here in

L.A) that "the waves of the Pacific Ocean would be comin up

Wilshire Boulevard" (the L.A. financial district). The "steet

talk" of the time was that California was going to fall into the

ocean (Edward Casey). This would mean a natural disaster of epic

proportion, such as a sunami (giant tidal wave) or pollar shift.

Still, SP would not get into a flap over this possible scenario,

in spight of the anxiety and speculation of the devotees. He would

only answer in terms of pure Krishna Consciousness, not on our

terms of bodily consciousness. He said that even if Los angeles

DID fall into the ocean, the devotees would be rescued by swan

planes. [sP spoke of what might be pollar shift when he stated

that New Vrindavan (which normally has freezing winters) was going

to become tropical].

Once SP stated that the war had been postponed because Krishna saw

that the people really didn't want it. Certainly, it is also

essential to factor the power of the Sankirtan movement all over

the world, no matter how flawed the movement may be by external

calculation. The key word id "external", because the shortcomings,

or "dark side" of the movement, are created by the actions of

falllen conditioned souls in under the jurisdiction of the

material energy.

HOWEVER, the conditioned souls DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO ECLIPSE

THE EFFICACY OF THE INTERNAL POTENCY THAT COMES ALONG WITH THE

SINCERE SERVICE AND CHANTING OF THE HOLY NAMES BY TENS OF

THOUSANDS OF DEVOTTEES, NO MATTER HOW IMPERFECT! Krishna Himself

states, in the Bhagavad Gita, that "one who does good, oh Arjuna,

CAN NOT BE OVERCOME BY EVIL!". The "evil" which has sometimes

penetrated into this transcendental movement has caused damage,

set backs to pure dharma,and other trauma,no doubt, but has NEVER

OVERCOME IT!

The bottom line is that this movement has already had AN

INCALULATABLE EFFECT IN HOLDING BACK THE GIGANTIC OCEAN OF SINFUL

REACTION GERERATED BY THIS DEGRADED AGE OF KALI. The mitigating

effect can not be under estimated! Also consider the statements in

the disaster predictions by the famous psychic Edward Casey,

visions of warnings by Mother Mary, etc. Such visionaries tend to

temper their predictions by stating that THE ONLY THING THAT CAN

STOP THESE IMPENDING DISASTERS IS A WORLD WIDE SPIRITUAL

REANASANCE. Srila Prabhupada, on behalf of the entire guru param

para and Lord Chaitanya and Nityananda themselves, set this

Sankirtan ocean into motion, and it still continues to grow at

every moment, all over the world. Never the less, the sum total

sinful reaction may still manifest in natural disasters, war, etc.

But the only means to mitigate, or at least reduce, those

distrubances, is the sincere application of Srila Prabhupada's

teachings. there is no mundane solution! Lord chaitanya said,

"Nasteva, nasteva..."; "there is no other way, no other way, no

other way".

Your servant, Makhanlal das

P.s: You may publish this in appropriate forums according to your

discretion

Haribol, I often thought of the deepest meaning of this "Inevitable Nuclear War" discussion. As a worker for the great war machine, I know for a fact that a weapon has never been created that will not be used. The Trident Missiles were created as a deterrent to nuclear war, and this has worked marvelously, preventing the third bomb from being hurled in anger, and this success of this system has made it possible for me to work on this system regardless of the protests of many of my fellow left-wing friends.

That said, there is a hideous underside of this system. It works, and because it works, it will be used, every warhead will be released if the time comes that we have nothing left to throw at the enemy. So the big exchange takes place, probably because someone misreads a coroneal ejecta for enemy incoming, and as my favorite music group, Publig Image LTD, sings, there will be "Mushrooms on the Horizon".

It this the end of the world? Not possible. Lord Siva's dance ends the world, and all the weapons ever created by KaliYuga Pygmie minds do not have the fraction of the power of the toe of Sri Nataraja. But the end of the world as we know it (Cmon bb, name the group) can be produced by such a weapon exchange. Which means survival camps of diseased and emotionally scarred folks (the good ones), families that had the sense of future vision to supply their bunkers (Hey, nother song, "Livin in the Bunkers" by the Vapors, maybe this article should be in the music section, eh), or the bands of dacoits living on fresh human flesh (yeah, cannibalism, nice thought, eh? But why do you think this is called Kali Yuga).

"What to do, what to do?", rami the swami (with his teenage mommy) cries. "Chant Hare Krsna" is the answer from Srila Prabhupada.

The folks in the survival camps eating pond scum and earthworms will be very open to the Hare Krsna Movement, as will those livin in the bunkers. The cannibals? Well, there has to be opposition, otherwise where is the evidence that a hard heart can be softened by the process delivered by the representatives of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.

Not over, just different. Inevitable.

ys, mahak (I keep them bombs from going off prematurely, which is a noble profession)

I was in Mayapur in 1974 and, as I remember it, Prabhupada told us that WWIII would start between India and Pakistan, with Russia and the USA coming in on the sides of India and Pakistan, respectively. Mahak, I'm not sure if you've personally experienced India or Pakistan, but to imagine the types of weapons you describe in THEIR hands is a frightening thought indeed! No offence intended to individuals, however even the basic electrical systems can't be depended on.

I place my personal faith in the following, which I appreciated very much. Thank you, Jayradhe prabhu!

"HOWEVER, the conditioned souls DO NOT HAVE THE POWER TO ECLIPSE

THE EFFICACY OF THE INTERNAL POTENCY THAT COMES ALONG WITH THE

SINCERE SERVICE AND CHANTING OF THE HOLY NAMES BY TENS OF

THOUSANDS OF DEVOTTEES, NO MATTER HOW IMPERFECT!"

JAI JAI SRI RADHE!!!

[This message has been edited by amanpeter (edited 08-21-2001).]

Guest guest

Morning Walk

Conversation (World War III)

--

April 4, 1975, Mäyäpur

Prabhup„da: No. The Bangladesh, they were Bengalis. Although the whole Pakistan, including Bangladesh and the other part, West Pakistan, East Pakistan, Bangladesh... So actually, Bangladesh is bigger than West Pakistan. They should have taken the government, majority. But the West Pakistan, by force they were ruling. They are not majority. So after all, they are Bengalis, maybe Muslim. They're intelligent than these Punjabis. Punjabis, they have got bodily strength, not brain. So these Bengalis, in Mujjhamat Raman, that was his demands, that: "We are majority. Why they should govern us? We should govern over them." This is the movement. So, but they're already in power. So how to throw them out of power? So he negotiated in India, that: "You help us to separate from..." And India's interest is that Pakistan becomes weak by separation, that is India's interest. So India agreed to help them. How to help? They organized a false, er, soldiers. You know? What is called? Bahini. Mean a freedom soldier. They organized freedom soldier. And India consulted Russia. Russia was friendly, that: "We want to help Bangladesh." So they said: "Yes, you help. If there is fight, then we shall help you." This was the... So these bahini, sanan bahini, sandana bahini, or something like that, they organized, "freedom soldiers." The freedom soldier means Indian soldiers. They entered Bangladesh because East Bengal, West Bengal. And they started this freedom soldier. But this is Indian soldier. Pakistan could understand that, that where this Bangladesh will get so nice soldiers? It is Indian soldiers. So when the movement was increasing, then Pakistan was in a very precarious condition. So they wanted American help. The Americans also said: "Yes." So they got American planes, American... to crush down this Bangladesh. And the Bangladesh means Indian soldiers. So later on it was discovered. So Pakistan attacked directly India. That was to go on, increase. But when the Americans were helping, these Pakistani, the Russians also came. So it was going to be a, the same, Third World War, immediately. So Americans considered something, that: "Let us take some time." Therefore the war was stopped. Otherwise it was already started. That policy is going on.

Amogha: The sign says parking for botanic gardens. But I'm not acquainted with it. (pause) I don't know. It says, "Cetenniary. August 22, 1947." Perhaps its name is on the other side. (pause) Is there going to be a world war very soon? We heard there would be.

Prabhup„da: No, maybe there. There were... All the kings of the world, they joined, either this party or that party. Friends, friendly countries, they joined. Just like K†¤‰a. He personally joined Arjuna, but He gave His soldiers to Duryodhana. It was family war. So the friends divided, "I will join you." It was sporting. For the k¤atriya fighting is sporting. They have football match. They did not take it as enmities. Just in the evening they are friends. This party goes to that party, that party goes to... It is a decision, who will be king, that's all. Test of strength. Actually it was not enmity. "Let us fight, and who is strong he will be king, that's all."

Prabhup„da: Balance is that you should be reciprocal exchange. What you haven't got, you give me; what I haven't got, I give you. This should be the process of exchange. Then the world will be united. When there is exchange of gifts. But our India followed the principle for begging. "Give me men. Give me money. Give me wheat. Give me rice. Give me war materials." Simply begging. So we must give something. This is the first time we are giving something. Otherwise, India was a beggar simply to the western countries. For their technical education they are going to the western countries, and when there is war, they are asking America, "Please give us war materials." And when they give war materials to Pakistan we become envious. But you are also taking rice, •„l for this(?). So why should you remain beggar?

Guru k†p„: In these mountains, and the mountain opens, the missile comes out. It's ready to be fired, atomic missiles. This whole island is nothing but army bases. The Japanese in the World War II, they first came here and bombed.

Prabhup„da: Determination, and yuddhe ca apal„yanam. Now when there is war, these politician will remain in their room safely. They will not go to the war. And why these people are voted for political post? Formerly the king would first of all stand. To the other side also, the king is there and this side also. The fight is going on. If the king is killed, then the victory is there. Yuddhe ca apal„yanam. The formula is there. So these classes of man should be on the administration, not anyone coward, nonsense, and by hook and crook they get some vote and take the political leader... How you will find peace? The fourth class is required. Just like in your body you have got brain, brain is required. Then hand. Whenever there is some attack, consciously, unconsciously, I forward my hand. So the division is already there. If you come to attack me with a knife, I don't push my head. I push my hand. So when there is attack, the br„hma‰as are not expected to go forward; the k¤atriyas. So this is training. Everything is perfectly there. People are not accepting. You don't require conference. You simply accept the standard knowledge. Then everything is there. I am speaking to you because you are leader of the society. So if we take Bhagavad-g‚t„ seriously and train people from all over the world -not that Bhagavad-g‚t„ is meant for the Hindu or for the Indians-for everyone, then there will be all right. Otherwise difficult...

Prabhup„da: Yes. Because in the material world, for the maintenance of equilibrium of the society, sometimes killing is necessary. Just like fight, war. When the enemy has come to your country, you cannot sit idly; you must fight. But that does not mean that you are allowed to kill everyone as you like. That is a special circumstances when fighting must be there. Therefore the k¤atriyas are required to give protection. Like the government is keeping military, police, soldiers, that does not mean government is after killing only. That department will be utilized when there is necessity, not that government is meant for killing. Government has other departments also. But this is also maintained. If there is necessity, it should be utilized. So K†¤‰a, when He is on the battlefield, that was a necessity. He has got two business. Paritr„‰„ya s„dhn„… vin„‡„ya ca du¤k†t„m [bg. 4.8]. Those who are demons, those who are disturbing elements, they should be killed. And those who are honest and peaceful, they should be maintained. But because it is material world, the world of duality, there are good and evil, so you have to curb down the evil. Sometimes force is required. So that killing is not bad. When the enemy is aggressive and you are killing, that killing and poor animal who is supplying milk... You are drinking milk, your mother, and you are killing. This killing and that killing is not the same thing. According to Vedic civilization the cow is to be given special protection. Why it is recommended for the cow? It does not say of other animal. When animal killing is required according to Vedic civilization, those who are meat-eaters, they are allowed to kill some insignificant animal like deer, goat, pigs. It is for the animal eaters, not for all. But if one is bent upon... And there are persons, they want meat-eating. So for them these unimportant animals are recommended. But cow is very important animal. You get from its milk so many nutritious food. So apart from religious sentiment, from economic point of view, cow-killing is not good. And from moral point of view it is not good because you drink cow's milk, so cow is your mother. According to Vedic civilization, there are seven mothers.

Pu¤”a K†¤‰a: So during World War I and World War II many of the South Africans, they actually sided with the Germans because they were against the English so much.

Prabhup„da: Yes. Because you have no conception of God, how can you deny or accept? Remain fool, that's all. That is the difficulty. When you ask them, whole world, "What is the conception of God?" they'll not be able to answer. Still, they will say there is no God. This is the foolishness going on all over the world. Actually they are not concerned with God. They accept the idea of God or so-called God for their material facilities. "O God, give us our daily bread. That's all. If You supply daily bread, then I accept You. Otherwise I reject You." This is their... When there is a war, Churchill will ask them to go, victory, "V": "Go and pray to God." God is order-supplier. And when they declare war, they do not consult God. When there is reverse condition they go to it. This is going on, that God means order-supplier. "Whatever I desire, if You are God then You supply me. Otherwise I reject You." What they will understand, intimate relationship with God, to serve Him as father, as mother, as friend? What they will understand, these rascals? It is not possible. They have no idea of God. Therefore they cannot understand. God is asking, sarva-dharm„n parityajya. [bg. 18.66] "What is this?" They cannot understand. Therefore they misinterpret. What is this?

Prabhup„da: It is struggle. Struggle means.... Struggle for existence means there is something against my will, and I want to stop it. This is called struggle for existence. And that is.... The whole world is going on, that.... They have started that United Nation. Why United Nation? You remain.... But they are trying to stop war. "Let us struggle unitedly." So that is going on. You don't want war, but the war is inevitable. Even the United Nation is there, still war is going on. That is struggle. So, but they are not coming to the point of understanding that "We are trying so much, so hard, to become happy, but nature is not allowing me." This is real intelligence. And that is K†¤‰a consciousness. Ath„to brahma jij‹„s„. If we remain dull-"Let the nature's law act upon me as it likes"-and we go on struggling to stop it, it will never stop, because nature's law is so powerful. You can never stop it.

Prabhup„da: He is protected. Others are not protected. So his term has not yet come. But what is the answer, that "Lord has become your obedient servant to protect. And when He does not?" Actually He does not. The.... In Europe they are very, very much afraid of war, next war. You know that? It becomes a terrible fright for them. Therefore war was not declared. They are very much frightened. They have suffered two big world wars. So why the God did not protect them? [break] ...cow dung philosophy. Cow dung philosophy you know? That one cow dung is just passed through, and the other cow dung is being burned. So this cow dung is laughing, "Oh, you are burned." (laughter) He does not know that when the.... She will be burned. She will be dried up; she will be burned. So your father's logic is like that, "I am protected," laughing at the death of others. Cow dung philosophy.

Prabhup„da: First of all you try to understand yourself. Then talk of God. If you do not understand yourself, how you'll understand God? That is a big thing. Try to understand the small thing, that you are not this body. Talk on this subject matter, that as.... When you understand that "I, the proprietor of the body, I am different from this body," then you will understand God also, very easily. Because you are the proprietor of this body and you are given the controlling power of the body by thinking, feeling, willing, by acting.... You have got this body. You are sitting here. You can say, "Now I am going away." The body is under your control. You can do that. Similarly, when you understand this fully, then you'll understand that in this huge, gigantic body, material cosmic manifestation, there is a controller, easily. But if you do not understand yourself, how you can understand God? God is not different in quality than from you. God means like you in huge, unlimited quantity. As you have got little intelligence-you can create a wonderful thing, 747 airplane flying in the air-so God has got unlimited brain. Millions and trillions of universes are floating in the air. The process is the same. You are tiny. You are very much proud that "I am so advanced that I have manufactured 747." And just why not compare the intelligence of God? Such a huge lump of matter, the sun, is floating also there. That is the difference between you and God. You have got brain, He has got brain, but your the brain is very tiny, little, and his brain very big. That is difference between God and you. So if you understand yourself, sample of God, then you understand the Supreme God. But first of all you do not understand yourself. I am misidentifying, "I am this body." And that is doing.... The cats and dogs, they are doing that. Then where is your human intelligence? Then how you can understand God if you have no human intelligence? These books are meant for the human being. If I give to the dogs that "Read this book; you'll understand God," who cares for it? All these school, college, institution, university, they are meant for human being, not for the cats and dogs. So if we do not take advantage of this human form of life and try to understand ourself and God, then we are simply cats and dogs. That is going on. We are fighting like cats and dogs. And before the Englishman came in Australia, Australia was property of somebody else. And now you have captured Australia, you are barking, "Why you have come, Indian, here?" What is this civilization? Hm? You have taken illegally from others, and now you have become proprietor. You are barking like dog, "Why you have come here?" What is this civilization? The civilization is.... All land belongs to God. We are sons of God. We can go anywhere, everywhere. It is father's property. That is K†¤‰a conscious. If we take it like that-the United Nation passed a resolution, "The whole world belongs to the whole human society"-then there is no fight, immediately. But that they'll not do. The dog's quality. And they are fighting always. What benefit you have derived from the United Nation except this big, big barking? That's all. What benefit you have got? The purpose of United Nation was to stop war. Has war stopped? Then what is the use of barking? You could not achieve. Formerly you started League of Nation, after the Second...

Prabhup„da: So instead of becoming devotee, he wants to become God. And that is the problem. But it is the most confidential part of knowledge. Instead of carrying out the orders of God, he wants to order God. You see? Even in the lower stages of devotion, that mentality continues, that "God is order-supplier. If God carries my order, then I accept God. Otherwise I reject Him." In Germany... One of my German Godbrothers, he told me in 1935 that in the last world war, many people became atheists. They went to the church and prayed, especially women, "My husband may come back,My brother may come back," or "My father may come back." Because all men went to the war field, and the women were there, they prayed in the churches. But nobody came back, and they became atheists. That means they took God as order-supplier. They ordered God, "Return my father. Return my brother. Return my husband," and God did not return. "Ah, there is no God. I don't care." This is going on. God is order-supplier. But our philosophy is God is not order-supplier; we are order-carriers of God. Anuklyena k†¤‰„nu‡ilana… bhaktir uttam„ [Cc. Madhya 19.167]. Just like Arjuna became. He became carrier of order of K†¤‰a. He did not like to fight, to kill the family members, but when he understood that K†¤‰a wants it, then he..., "Yes." Kari¤ye vacana… tava [bg. 18.73]. Find out this verse, na¤”o moha— sm†tir labhd„ tvat-pras„d„n madhusdana—.

Dr. Wolfe: They were before World War I. They lost their colonies at the end of World War I. They lost Cameroon and Togo and East Africa. That is where Nairobi is now; Nairobi was German before.

Pu¤”a K†¤‰a: Forty percent of all the scientists in the world, the estimate is, are engaged in making weapons. And it said that since the end of World War II, six trillion dollars, which is six thousand billion dollars, have been spent on armament in the world.

Pu¤”a K†¤‰a: With all of the situations that take place in the material world, they may not be able to see how God is actually active in the material world, that whether there's a war or whether...

Dh†¤”adyumna: "Following such conclusions, the demoniac, who are lost to themselves and who have no intelligence, engage in unbeneficial, horrible works meant to destroy the world." (purport) "The demoniac are engaged in activities that will lead the world to destruction. The Lord states here that they are less intelligent. The materialists, who have no concept of God, think that they are advancing. But, according to Bhagavad-g‚t„, they are unintelligent and devoid of all sense. They try to enjoy this material world to the utmost limit and therefore always engage in inventing something for sense gratification. Such materialistic inventions are considered to be the advancement of human civilization, but the result is that people grow more and more violent and more and more cruel-cruel to animals and cruel to other human beings. They have no idea how to behave toward one another. Animal killing is very prominent amongst demoniac people. Such people are considered the enemies of the world because ultimately they will invent or create something which will bring destruction to all. Indirectly, this verse anticipates the invention of nuclear weapons, of which the whole world is today very proud. At any moment war may take place, and these atomic weapons may create havoc. Such things are created solely for the destruction of the world, and this is indicated here. Due to godlessness, such weapons are invented in human society; they are not meant for the peace and prosperity of the world."

Prabhup„da: Oh, give them this garland. [break] ...he begins with surrender. Sarva-dharm„n parityajya m„m eka… ‡ara‰a… vraja [bg. 18.66]. So anyone who voluntarily offers obeisances, immediately he becomes fifty percent advanced. Because.... Who is talking? This material world means nobody wants to surrender. Everyone wants to become master: "I am the monarch of all I survey." Everyone is planning how to become a master. Therefore the struggle for existence. Nobody wants to become a servant. You know very well in European history, Napoleon wanted to become the master of all Europe. Hitler wanted also. Similarly, there were so many leaders, sometimes Roman leaders, sometimes Greek leaders, sometimes French leaders, sometimes German leaders, English leader. The whole European history is full of fighting, war. The basic idea is that everyone wanted to become master. That is the material disease. We are now discussing Bali Mah„r„ja. He also wanted to become master of the whole universe. So that is the material disease. Actually, master is one, K†¤‰a. There cannot be two masters. There is only one master, that is K†¤‰a, or God. But in the material world, because we have forgotten the real master, every one of us is trying to become master. This is material disease. Not only in one life, but life after life. The cats and dogs, they also want to be master. The dog, if he finds another dog coming, he immediately begins barking very loudly, "Why you are coming here?" So this mastership competition is going on life after life, sometimes as human being, sometimes as animal, sometimes as fish, aquatic, sometimes as demigod, bird. This is the whole material situation. And the difficulty is that we cannot become master, but on account of our false ambition that "I shall become master," we are becoming servants of material nature. We are acting in a certain way to become master, creating a situation, mentality, and at the time of death, when this body finishes, the mind absorbed in that mastership idea takes me to another body according to my ambition, so I become again manifest in different body to exhibit my mastership. Another chapter begins. So they do not know how these subtle laws of material nature is working to give us opportunity to become master according to our idea, false idea. And we are actually suffering, sometimes as human being, sometimes as animal, sometimes as trees, sometimes as dog. So the mastership cannot be attained. That is not possible. In the false idea to become master we are becoming slaves of the laws of material nature. This is real position, and that is suffering. So when one comes to this understanding, that we are not master, we are servant, bahn„… janman„m ante j‹„nav„n m„… prapadyate [bg. 7.19]. After many, many births, if by chance one gets the association of the servant of the Lord, then he understands that he is not master, he's servant of K†¤‰a. And then he surrenders. V„sudeva— sarvam iti sa mah„tm„ sudurlabha— [bg. 7.19]. Such great soul who has understood that "I am eternal servant of K†¤‰a," he's a very great soul. Sa mah„tm„ sudurlabha—. Very, very rare to be found. But that is the fact. The sooner we learn that we cannot become master, we are eternal servant of K†¤‰a, let us surrender to K†¤‰a and remain in our own position as servant, then it is perfection of life. Therefore one who surrenders, one who offers.... This is the beginning, man-man„ bhava mad-bhakto mad-y„j‚ m„… namaskuru [bg. 18.65]. Namaskuru. K†¤‰a says namaskuru. Namaskuru means "Just offer your obeisances unto Me." So in the absence of.... K†¤‰a is everywhere, but K†¤‰a sends His representative. So if we begin, offer namaskuru, to the representative, it goes to K†¤‰a, and then gradually, by the grace of K†¤‰a, one becomes K†¤‰a conscious and becomes situated in his own original consciousness, K†¤‰a consciousness, and that is perfection of life. Thank you very much.

Prabhup„da: That is your useless waste of time. Why? Therefore the war does not stop, unnecessary war, and such a big war, Kuruk¤etra, in eighteen days it is finished. This is decision. And this is going on, continually war, strain, politics, diplomacy, lecture, Parliament. There is no finishing of war. There is no finishing. It will go on. Just like same example: If you keep the dogs as dogs, they'll going on barking. It will never finish. So this is the civilization of dog work. It is not human civilization. Therefore it is going on. War is not stopped. Where is stop? War is stopped? No. Going on. And it will go on because they are dogs. You cannot stop their barking. There are so many things. If we follow the instruction of Bhagavad-g‚t„, then whole world will be... This is a fact. Now, how to implement it, that is another thing. It is a fact.

Guest guest

Melbourne 740702 rc

Prabhupäda: I think you missed that verse, jagato ahitäya. Anyway, these are the description of demonic activities. So this is practical. The last two disastrous war was waged only for this industry. This is the cause. German, they are actually in Europe very intelligent and their machine products and other things, they make very nice things. At least, I have got experience, German chemicals are first-class chemical. So they manufacture and British occupied the half of the world in their colonization, whole Africa, and they controlled India and China, Japan, yes, China, Burma, Ceylon, Australia. So these poor people, they manufactured. They have got goods enough; where to sell? As soon as they go to the British territories, “No, you cannot sell. If you want to sell, then hundred percent duty.” So price increase. This was the grudge. Everyone knows. This is the cause of two wars. The jagato ahita. Now, why so much? You require a scissor? Go to a blacksmith and pay something. He’ll make a scissor. “No. Produce millions of scissor.” Then where is market, sir? This is going on. Produce millions of TV machine. Simple they are used for wasting time. One or two or five made for some important business. Now they are producing millions of sets. They must sell. And people are induced to purchase. And as soon as they purchase, they simply see television. Idol worship. And learning vicious things. Some unnecessary picture is produced there. They like to see it. Two train are coming and they are smashed. (laughs) I have seen some television. People are learning how to smash, how to steal, how to harass people. Things are being shown like that. Not that “You are soul. You are spirit soul. If you degrade yourself, you then get this.” You make that television, that how transmigration of the soul is taking place. They have manufactured the machine, so utilize for your propaganda. We have got to do so many things. We can utilize everything. So if they are not used for Kåñëa’s purpose they’ll be used for committing disaster in the world. Just like the atomic bomb. They are meant for creating disaster, that’s all. What else they can do? And now everyone is having atomic weapon, just like India has now got. That means they are preparing, by nature’s course they are preparing for war, and “I put my atomic bomb on your head, and you put on my head. You die, I die, that’s all.” They simply die. Now what was the result of the disastrous war twice? The whole European nations ruined. They are not no more rich. I saw in Paris, in Germany. They are not as rich as the Americans. Because American inland, there was no such big war, so their opulence is existing, but on account of these two wars, British completely finished. Yes. British completely. It is now... Hitler wanted that “I shall again make these English people a fisherman’s island. They have to take their business to fishing only.” (laughter) That was Hitler’s declaration.

Madhudviña: That has happened.

Prabhupäda: That has happened.

Madhudviña: They are fishing all over the world, trying to get some oil, trying to get some steel, how to get some grain.

Cäru: They only work two days in a week now in England.

Madhudviña: That’s finished now. During the petrol shortage they had to cut themselves down to two days a week.

Prabhupäda: Now they have got Australia. Australia is English possession?

Madhudviña: No.

Prabhupäda: No, no more.

Cäru: Not any more.

Prabhupäda: But I know, all educated and advanced educated Englishmen, they were coming to Australia for good job. Therefore most of the technical posts, they are occupied by Indians in London. As soon as one is highly qualified medical man, he comes to Australia. So who will take care of them? So therefore they imported some brain from India. Anyway, our time should be saved for self-realization. That is perfect civilization. And not for creating unnecessary necessity of life. That will increase problem. So scientists, they disagreed or agreed with us?

Madhudviña: They did not want to get... They did not want to...

Prabhupäda: But they could not answer “Who is the manufacturer of the brain of the scientist?” That they could not.

Madhudviña: You have said in one of your tapes, “They want to start half way.” Like they say, “All of a sudden there is an aeroplane, appeared in the sky.” They do not trace out where that aeroplane is coming from. So similarly, they are interested in the problems of today, but they do not want to delve into the essential problem. They are talking about building nice houses, using this, that. They do not want to delve into...

Prabhupäda: This is practical. The scientists have got good brain, but who manufactured the brain? You cannot do. You have not manufactured your brain. If you say, “By nature,” then nature is more powerful than you. But nature is dead. It cannot create life. That is in the hand of Kåñëa. Mamaiväàço jéva-bhütaù [bg. 15.7]. As soon as the question of jéva, living entity, there, this, mine, you can say it is nature. And other things? Prakåteù kriyamäëäni guëaiù karmäëi sarva... [bg. 3.27]. Prakåti, nature, is doing. Everything explained. In the Brahma-saàhitä it is said, såñöi-sthiti-pralaya-sädhana-çaktir ekä: [bs. 5.44] “There is an energy which can create, maintain, and destroy the whole cosmic manifestation.” Såñöi-sthiti-pralaya-sädhana-çaktir ekä [bs. 5.44], one. There is one energy. Chäyeva yasya vibharti bhuvanäni durgä: “That energy is working just like shadow under the direction of Kåñëa.” That is big energy, but that energy... Just like atomic energy, big energy, but it is done by a scientist, not that the ingredients automatically mix together and become an atomic... No. That is not possible. Big, big brain, scientist, they are dealing. Similarly this big energy—creation, maintenance, and destruction of nature—that nature is called Durgä. Durgä. Duù. Duù means difficult, and gä means going or to understand. To understand the laws of material nature is very difficult. That is called Durgä. Or Durgä means... Durgä means this is like a fort. We are kept within this, and the superintendent is Durgä. Therefore Durgä’s picture is ten hands, ten directions with different kinds of weapon protecting. Såñöi-sthiti-pralaya-sädhana-çaktir ekä chäyeva yasya bhuvanäni vibharti durgä, icchänu... [bs. 5.44]. Now the conclusion. Icchänurüpam api yasya ca ceñöate sä: “She is working not independently, according to the desire of somebody else.” Who is that somebody? Govindam ädi-puruñaà tam ahaà bhajämi **: “That is Govinda. I am worshiping Him.” And this is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gétä.

mayädhyakñeëa prakåtiù

süyate sa-caräcaram

hetunänena kaunteya

jagad viparivartate

[bg. 9.10]

What is the use of...? Why should we go to research? Everything is there. Our position is very safe. We get the perfect knowledge without wasting our time. We take from Kåñëa. That’s all. Finish. We know everything. Just like so many scientists, so many psychology, psychiatrist, and religionist, they come to me, but I am neither of them. I never was a scientist nor I am a psychologist nor a psychiatrist nor this or that. But I speak on the strength of Bhagavad-gétä; I defeat them. It is practical. So many people came to me but nobody went unharmed. Yes.

Madhudviña: Digvijäya.

Prabhupäda: Because we are getting perfect knowledge from Kåñëa.

Madhudviña: Their question may be, what would you advise them to do...

Prabhupäda: That... This, this boy, Svarüpa Dämodara. He has written this book, hearing me, hearing me, hearing me... [break] ...addition, alteration. Therefore we present Bhagavad-gétä As It Is, no addition, alteration. The same thing. As soon as there is addition, alteration, it is gone, finished.

Madhudviña: Çréla Prabhupäda, aren’t you presenting Kåñëa consciousness according to time, place, and circumstances?

Prabhupäda: Yes.

Madhudviña: So what enables a person to do that?

Prabhupäda: No... But principle is that you try to understand that you are not this body. That is applicable in all time, all circumstances, all, for everyone. It is not that formerly one had to learn that he’s not this body, and now that is not required. The same problem is there still. Arjuna, five thousand years ago he was given lesson about this, that “You are not this body; you are soul.” The same problem is now also for the foolish person because the foolish person will always remain in the world, and the intelligent man is to teach him. This is fact always, without any consideration of time, space, and circumstance. There will be certain class of men, foolish, and there will be certain class of men who are intelligent. So the foolish man has to take intelligence from the intelligent man. This is perpetually truth in this material world. It is not, time and circumstances changes this principle. There will be foolish men. Just like now we read, “Two classes of men are there always, the demons and the demigods.” So at the present moment more demons. Two classes of men are there always, but at the present moment the demons, number of demons, are more and number of demigods are less because it is Kali-yuga.

Devotee: Çréla Prabhupäda, does this possible anyhow to teach consciousness in Russian and the country who are in the unitary trust in the East? Like here in the west or America and Australia, in the...?

Madhudviña: His question is... He is... This boy is Yugoslavian, Yugoslavian, and he has done some translating of your Éçopaniñad into Yugoslavian. So he is wondering is it possible to spread Kåñëa consciousness in Yugoslavia?

Prabhupäda: Everywhere possible.

Madhudviña: And in other Russian... But these countries are all under Communist rule. It is very difficult in those countries.

Prabhupäda: Not difficult. Nothing is difficult. For the time being it is difficult but in due course of time it will be very easy. Now who knew that in Europe and America or all over the world, Hare Kåñëa will go on? Bon Mahäräja left the field; others left the field. You see? Other swamis came. They talked all nonsense, yoga, this and that, nose pressing, eyes pressing—all finished. Now Hare Kåñëa is going on. Now people, the nose-presser and eyes-presser, they are no more important. Is it not? Eh? Now our men go and challenge these rascals. And in New York they did it, huh?

Devotee: Yes.

Prabhupäda: And they are afraid of our troops. (laughter) They are afraid.

Madhudviña: One of those nose-pressers, he once was speaking, and he said, “These Hare Kåñëa people, they like me very much. They always come to my lectures and they sell all the books, all their books, and then they go away before I start to talk.”

Prabhupäda: “You go on pressing your nose. We make our business and go away.” (laughter)

Madhudviña: He was speaking like that because our men go into the lecture dressed in disguise, plain clothes, and we are going in the audience selling books to everyone. They all get the book, and then, when he begins to speak, then we all turn around and go out.

Prabhupäda: Yes, they did it in the Guru Maharaji’s camp also. Hundreds of Bhagavad-gétä As It Is sold.

Satsvarüpa: Thousands.

Prabhupäda: Thousands. So we take advantage of this meeting. We do our business and go away. And they have no books. They have simply that pressing of nose, that’s all, nothing else. They have no philosophy, nothing of the sort. What they will write? They have no philosophy. Simply cheat that “Press your nose; you get Bhagavän.” That’s all. And people think, “It is so easy. Why shall I go to Bhaktivedanta Swami? Let me go to this Guru Mahäräja.” They think like that. And some of our men, feeling too much pressure, they go away. But here there is nothing cheap, that simply by pressing nose and eyes and you become God. Don’t make compromise. This principle must be observed. Then you’ll remain strong. As soon as you make compromise, then it is finished. Dåòha-vratäù. Find out this verse. Dåòha-vratäù. What is that? Bhajante mäà dåòha-vratäù. Namasyantaç ca mäà...

Cäru: Bhajante mäà dåòha-vratäù.

Prabhupäda: Ah, ah. That dåòha-vratäù must be there, strong determination. Then it will go on. The scientists will come to learn and the psychiatrists will come to learn if you keep dåòha-vratäù. And as soon as you make compromise, then nobody will care for. (end)

Weapons are such as that. If one flies, they will all fly.

Clinton signed an executive order of restraint, but the generals and admirals will not comply (and I believe Bush has another counter-proposal in the works).

India and Pakistan are certainly scary, but no more than N. Korea, who just have one warhead, and will wire it to an old scud and blast Japan, which will make US fire a few, and then China will let go, then india, then Paki. And the last people still at war will be jews and arabs fighting with sticks on the wasteland called armageddon above the golan heights.

But Spain scares the hell out of me, personally, because the real culprits of this demoniac war (three feet above the ground, in another dimension) reside there.

Nixon was correct. World War III began in 1974 with the Arab Oil embargo. The Shah was unchained, France released the ayatollah on persia, Khadaffi and Saddam were supplied nukes and biological and chemical weaponry, all while the controllers just smiled and watched. The chemicals are filling our lungs right now, dropped nightly upon us. The pestilence is rampant. the sixth seal is broken (which is why Koresh was offed, he knew and was about to reveal). Done deal, but not the end, just a manipulation that was deemed by the controllers as necessary.

Spain was the site of those who watched as their boy Pol Pot carried out the experiment of moving the folks out of the metropolis. Spain is also the site where the controllers watched while the US helped Saddam remove a quarter million from his realm without great blame to the great applause of 200,000,000 amerikkkans.

Oh well, better shut up now, but it is a done deal, it is not if, it is when.

mad mahax

Im more scared about the nukes I deal with. Ive tried to keep the wires from rustin for 20 years now, but there is no way. Im more worried about the drunken admirals with their fingers on the detonators. At least the indians and pakis are fanatically offering up the results of their proposed holocaust to allah and Visnu, the west cultists are accurately depicted in Kubrik's Strangelove. I see the Seller's character every day, but the devotee Sellers depicted him quite mildly, the real dude is really insane.

There are only two people who could verify my read on all of this, and they are both dead. One is Dwight David Eisenhower, and the other is Admiral Hyman Rickover, the most hated person ever to walk among the Joint Chiefs of Staff. de braddah be me hero.