IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
JRdd

False renunciation or true association?

Rate this topic

Originally posted by dasanudas:

May FD Sanjay, like all of us, have the vision to extract the nectar from the 'yukky stuff', and understand the difference in false renunciation ie withdrawing from the world of action and what is called yukta vairagya, utilizing everything in the service of the Lord, which is what our guardians have come to give us, Bhakti yoga, not mere withdrawal from the negative but to positively fill up our whole heart with sweet nectar, and who is the reservoir of such substance but Akhila Rasamrta Murti-Sri Krsna the personification of all nectarean rasas. And that association who are devoted to giving us this is Sat-sanga, the company of the Absolute Truth, those servants of the servants who constantly delight in His Names and pastimes. These are our true-blue associates. May we be blessed to always keep such beneficial company.

Such an inspiring post. I am writing a book which I was at first going to entitle All Glories to the Assembled Devotees, as I have long felt and cherished the association of the humble servants of the servants of the servants, etc. We do not have to wait until we are each completely pure--even if we had the means to see that level in each--appreciation is there, and always deepens our relationships. We as Vaisnavas are not loners, or islands, because we are personalists, and our associations with each other are opportunities to dive more deeply into the ocean of nectar.

Of false renunciation, or "withdrawing from the world of action", as your post above says, I was reading something this morning and it seems, logically, that renunciation in and of itself must be false. The Vaisnava way of renunciation is developing a taste for the world of devotion, or the "world of dedication", as your Guru Maharaja puts it. Anyway, here is what I read, from His Divine Grace Srila Sridhara Maharaja, in the little book Home Comforts:

Our real home is full of freedom and comfort. It is a place where there are natural transactions of faith, love and affection.

Guest guest

I was looking for cartoons, and this outstanding thread came up. I offer my humble obiesancies to my late sister, Srimati Jayaradhe dd, first class internet istagosthi person.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

PS I suggest this thread to go with the other noteworthies.

God, I love this thread. All glories to me late sistah, jayaradhe dd, mahaksadasa

Yes, she was a real jewel around here. Now she is a jewel around somewhere else. Our loss.

I appreciated the speaking from the heart. Reminds me of something I read in NOI about devotees confiding in one another. Such a great example of this advanced realization exhibited. We were quite lucky. The dates are quite revealing, too, because the majority of articles of this nature were occurring while some other very heavy things were going on (not that they arent even heavier now, tho). Anyway, read and recorded, I just brought it up for those who werent around back then. Marciano was quite good back then.:D

hare krsna, ys, mahak

I went back over this thread last night and now have a better vision of what a sweet soul JRdd showed herself to be on this forum. As you say she did speak from her heart and her heart was quite soft. Even when she challenged someone there was no bad feeling involved.