IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

how many people belive in it

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The population of India is 1.2 billion approx. Take out 15% for Islam and 5% for christianity and maybe another 5% for Jainism.

Then, at least, 70% of the poluation can be called Hindus. In other words, 850 Million people in India are Hindus, which is approx 3 times the US population and 10 times the population of Germany.

Cheers

Guest guest

I left out 5% for misclleaneous religions liks Sikhs, Parisees, etc., but maybe I should leave out 10%, in which case the Hindu count may be slightly lesser than what I mentioned earlier.

Cheers

Hinduism: The highest figure we've seen for Hinduism (1.4 billion, Clarke, Peter B., editor), The Religions of the World: Understanding the Living Faiths, Marshall Editions Limited: USA (1993); pg. 125.) is actually higher than the highest figure we've seen for Islam. That is about 20% of the world population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinduism_by_country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_India

14.67% population of the entire world is hindu.

Dont beleive people who take numbers out of the air.

Hinduism is the the third largest religion in the world right after Christianity and Islam.

It is very surprising to see this religion survive after being persecuted for thousands of years.

Compare that with the Jewish faith with just 10mill people.

Also Buddhism/Jainism had its orgins in India. So 1 in 4 people in this world whose belief was out of India.

Guest guest

I hope all this "great numbers" help to solve important issues in India such as famine and treating everybody the same under the eyes of the creator. It´s not a question of numbers. Why such a great disparity between human beings rights in Hinduism? There should be a reform before loosing members to other religions.