IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Need Help (Worshipped wrong beings)

Rate this topic

Like ive mentiones, one should not disrespect other forms. Even in the nector of devotion, it clearly states one should not be disrespectful of demigods. Puranas, vedas, gita are all needed for the human soceity to understand about the god, we cant compare which is greater, the purana, the vedas or the gita. Individual religion make the individual form to reach salvation. Knowing about god should never enter into argument when, especially within humans, im not as well learned as you or others over here, im still learning. But the clearity should be there as an ordinary beings, we are not in the platform to argue about which is better. Hinduism, Islam, Christianity or Buddhism? When one learns to compare in this material world without proper guidance, it comes to argument or non satisfaction, and it will be a never ending and will still be searching for the answers. When the love for god is intense one would realise within themseleve the right path, but ofcourse with proper guidance.

That is your understanding not mine. Gita was written by a north Indian[Vyasa] to favour his belief of Krishna. I need not have to accept Gita as the sole authority of Hnduism. Krishna as I understand was only an Avatar of the Supreme Brahman.

Sripada Shankaracharya, the great propounder of advaita, has stated the following about the Gita:

ekam shastram devaki-putra-gitam

eko devo devaki-putra eva

eko mantras tasya namani yani

karmapy ekam tasya devasya seva

"Let there be one scripture, the Gita of Lord Krishna. Let there be one deva, the son of Devaki, Krishna. Let there be one mantra, the name of Lord Krishna. And let there be one work, the service of Lord Krishna."

But this does not mean I am against your belief but I always have an open mind and better understanding of the vedas.

You don't have a clue about the Vedas, nor are you open minded. You are so open minded that you cannot tolerate any view that disagrees with you. How ironic is that?

People who have never studied the Vedas beyond some english translations of Max Muller are trying to proclaim their scholarship of the Vedas.

Guest guest

First of all, if we take out the Bhawad Geeta and read it, we see that all the shlokas by God are shown as not "Krushna uvaacha", not "Brahma uvaacha", not "Shiva uvaacha", not "any particular God uvaacha" but :

"BHAGWAN UVAACHA" So during the time of reciting the Bhagwad Geeta, Lord Krishna was not just Lord Krishna himself but he was the Almighty God. He was Brahma, Shiva, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, whatever you may call him. He was ALMIGHTY GOD.

So to say that you do not beleive in the Bhagwad Geeta and its principles is not acceptable. If you are a human being then you must beleive in the Bhagwad Geeta. Yes, study other scriptures like Vedas, Upanishads, but do not shy away from the Bhagwad Geeta thinking that it is only for followers of Krishna.

Similarly, followers of Krishna cannot take any special pride of the Bhagwad Geeta. Like God says in the Bhagwad Geeta himself: Chapter 15 shloka 15:

"Sarvasya Chaham Hrudhi Sannivishto......."

Meaning God resides in the heart of each and every living being. He does not say that he resides in more quantity in followers of Krishna and less in other people. Hence in God's eyes each and every living being is equal, irrespective of his caste, creed, religion, wealth, worshipping group, etc. So pride in the Bhagwad Geeta should be taken by each and every human being.

Now going back to the original post by someone called Tirisilex. Don't beleive that you are doomed or that some God is trying to make you stumble. This is all blind faith and superstition. Bhagwan says in the Bhagwad Geeta,

"Sarvadharman Parityajja Maamekam sharanam vraja

Aham tvaa sarva paapebhyo mokshyishyaami ma sucha"

Forget all your other duties and responsibilities and all that you have done uptil now. Come to me and I will show you the direction. I will release you of all your sins and give you 'Moksha'. So just pray God, be it Krishna, Shiva, Jesus, Allah, etc. Have faith in him at all times and be grateful for what he has given to you. Once you do this and follow the path that God has shown eg. in the Bhagwad Geeta, you will not have to worry about other demi-gods or having to please them, etc.

Guest guest

So during the time of reciting the Bhagwad Geeta, Lord Krishna was not just Lord Krishna himself but he was the Almighty God

••one cannot be the almighty god only for a limited period of time.. god is eternally god. Krisna is the supreme personality of godhead, he's eternally bhagavan, param brahman, and so on

the fact that we have seen him in the earth for a limited time in dwapara yuga is our problem of limited perception