IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Need Help (Worshipped wrong beings)

Rate this topic

I messed up big time. I ignored most of the advise I recieved from this forum. I'm speaking about when I asked questions about Kama and Rati. I was told that I was focusing on the wrong thing. Now I know I was focusing on the wrong thing. I should never have worshipped these 2 demi gods. I feel as if my life is ruined because of my worship of them. Now I'm wondering if you know of any way to remedy my problem. Because now that I realize that I was wrong in worshiping them they are upset and are trying to make me stumble. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest guest

Try to think of it as a learning lesson and not that you messed up. Perhaps you needed to learn a lesson from Kama and Rati. Honour the lesson that they taught you and thank them , then let them go. They would not be upset. Ask Lord Krishna and the Goddess Saraswati to guide you now.

Some believe that another name for Kama is Karshni, son of Krishna. I don't know for sure. I do know that when you worshipped a being and they have helped you, you must honour them by thanking them. No one can make you stumble but you. No diety has control of anyone.

Every one of us are guided by an ishta devathai. You will discover that when you yawn or streach your body upon waking up in the morning calling such names like Iswara, Devi, Durga, Muruga, Krishna and so on. Whoever comes to through you mouth is the istha devatha and this is the dieaty you should pray to. Not when someone tells you you should pray to so and so. Your life would be better when you pray to you istha devatha. He/she would be like you guardian angle and will protect you always. It is you who will have to make the choice not someone making for you.

Guest guest

BG Ch 9 ;23 Whatever a man mey sacrifice to other gods,O son of Kunti is realy meant for Me alone, but is offered without true undertanding. Persons who are engaged in the worship of demigods ,are not very intelligent. is like pouring water on the leaves of a tree , and not in the root,

That is your understanding not mine. Gita was written by a north Indian[Vyasa] to favour his belief of Krishna. I need not have to accept Gita as the sole authority of Hnduism. Krishna as I understand was only an Avatar of the Supreme Brahman. Many such avathars had come and will come again in different parts of India and other worlds. So do not impose your belief on others like the Muslims and Christians. Hinduism is a unique religion and the freedom of worship God in any form is permitted. Infact the south Indians have a far better understanding of Hindu religion than the north Indians. But this does not mean I am against your belief but I always have an open mind and better understanding of the vedas.

Guest guest

The none devote approach to the teachings of Gita is somting like bees liking on a bottleof honey, one can not have a taste of the honey unlrss one opens the bottle , nor can the Gita be touch by persons who ENVYS KRSNA

Guest guest

I am against your belief but I always have an open mind and better understanding of the vedas.

some little medical checkup?

But, instead of medical check up I suggest you seek an authentic Guru in India than anywhere else. Because Gurus in US [specifically ISKCON] would only go in line with the white man's mind because to divert his mind from Christianity the approach would be different as what Mohammed did in order to unite Jewish and Christian belief. Hinduism is not the same. The freedom of approach is an individual right and understanding and Hinduism gives that freedom. You are still a green horn and would take time to comprehend such.

Guest guest

But, instead of medical check up I suggest you seek an authentic Guru in India

--done.. thanks

Because Gurus in US [specifically ISKCON] would only go in line with the white man's mind

--i have direct experiences, much better than your imagination (i am not from US)

Hinduism is not the same

--i do not take you as an hinduist expert. or even appreciative or lover.. you are only able to depict it as some cheap new age. Maybe it is your plan.

The freedom of approach is an individual right and understanding and Hinduism gives that freedom

--another great thing of hinduism is the absence of blind faith and the use of rationality and debate in achieving spiritual goals. As i see you are not much rational and competent, and in no way you can sustain debates with people with different ideas, You can only insult and spam

health is very important

Guest guest

But, instead of medical check up I suggest you seek an authentic Guru in India than anywhere else. Because Gurus in US [specifically ISKCON] would only go in line with the white man's mind ....

[bunk deleted]

It amazes me how Barney's verbosity belies his paucity of actual knowledge.

It also seems true that the less he knows, the bolder he gets.

Raghu

Guest guest

I agree, the Gita can not be questioned, it is the cream of the vedas and the final authority. Barney please understand this before making insulting posts about Lord Krishna.

-Amit

Jai Sri Krishna!

Guest guest

i was just reading the your responses to the answers adn couldn't help myself but to contibute. I do not doubt the gita and if you have a better understanding of the vedas, i believe you will also have a better understanding of the gita itself. As for other religion, islam or christianity, hinduism was long exisiting before these religion. But one should not compare nor condemn which is better. It should be finding ways to love the god more. Which ever religion one belongs to, they are suppose to guided in the right path to realise and love god.

Having an open mind about religion does not close its doors into learning about other beleifs.An open-minded person will never be against religion but will thirst more for knowledge. I do agree with others that taking shelter in Lord Krsna's lotus feet bring you eternal peace for current material life situation.

Hare Krishna!

Gita is a great scripture and all must learn the lesson thought by it. But making krishna the only way to salvation is ironic. Hinduism has many ways to enlightenment and Krishna may be one of the way. Discarding all other main dieties and soley propagation KCON is unacceptable to Hinduism. This will lead to fanatism in Hinduism and pave the way to disputes and argument. Infact it has come to that stage now. I would surely disagree when the vaishnavas and ISKCON members promote only Krishna and disrespect other forms. They have even branded me a non Hindu for what I believe in. It does not matter as long as I know where I stand and be a fanatic like some Muslims or Christians. There is no one path to God coz if there is than the vedas and puranas would not be here execpt Gita alone. Tell you friend that and I would express what I feel despite being ridicule.

'SARVA LOKHA SAMASTA SUKHINO BHAVANTU'

'SARVE JANAH SUKHINO BHAVANTU'

Guest guest

Sattva or faith allways comes out of the works of goodnes . Ones faith may be in a demigod or some created Godor some mental concoction.It is supposedto be one's own strong faith in something that is productive of the works of material goodness. But in material conditional life , no works of material nature are completely purifide. they are mix. they are not in pure goodness, pure goodness is transcendental; in pure goodness one can understan the real nature of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. As long as one's faith is not completely in purifide goodness the faith is subject to contamination by any of the modes of material nature.Therefore the contaminated modes of nature expand to the HEART .Therefore according to the position of the HEART ONE'S FAITH IS STABLISHED.

Guest guest

If one's hart is is in the mode of goodness ,his faith is also on the mode of goodness.If his hart is in the mode of passion his faith is also on the mode of passion. And if his heart is in the mode of darkness ,illusion ,his faith is also contaminated. Thus we find diferent types of religions due to the diferent types of faith. the real principle of realigious faith is situated in the mode of pure goodness , but becuase the hart is tainted, we find different types of religious principals , thus according to diferent types of faith. there are different types of worship . Men in the mode of goodness worship the demigods; those in the mode of passion worship the demons , and those on the mode of ignorance worship the ghost and spirits , those in the mode of pure goodnes worship The Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri KRSNA !!!!!!

I wonder how many followers of Krishna are in pure goodness? None can tell me of the figure so do not make assumption. Goodness and purity comes not only form Krishna but for Shiva, Durga, Ganesha, Muruga and Nayarana. The trouble with you guys is you do not have the slightest idea of what unity is diversity is all about. Joined he band of terrorist and start blowing all non Krishna temples. I persume that would satisfy your ego.

Guest guest

He wants to start blowing up all the Krsna temples ,is he in the pure mode of gooness? i dont think so, passion ? maybe, ignorance ? for sure !!!!!

Guest guest

Can you tell me how exactly the worshipping of these demi-gods messed upo your life. The reason I ask this question is because I am interested in worshipping these demi-gods too.

Guest guest

Goodness and purity comes not only form Krishna but for Shiva, Durga, Ganesha, Muruga and Nayarana.

••right.. but if one attain purity from the other deities he does not insult sri krsna.. or he's not pure

The trouble with you guys is you do not have the slightest idea of what unity is diversity is all about

••i see that you are not liking diversity whn you insult everyone who has a different idea from you

you have shown it calling terrorists the krishna devotees

Guest guest

The demigods of this material world , as well as there worshipers , will be vanish whit the innihilation of this material world. The boons of the demigods are material and temporary, both the material world and their inhabitants, including the demigods and there worshipers, are bubbles in the cosmic ocean. In this world however,human society is MAD afther tmporary things such as the material opulance of posesessing land, family and enjoyable paraphenalia. to achive such temporary things, they worship the demigods.This is a great misconception and men of less intelligence, although passing as great scholars, take these demigodsto be varios forms of the Supreme Lord . GOD is one( nityo-nityanam) and the parts and parcels are many, " Isvarah paramah Krsna"