IndiaDivine.org

hinduism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think the words "hinduism" and "hindu" should be abolished because it really has no meaning. I have personally been exposed to the typical "hindu" who has no knowledge of vedic scripture. They prance around as hindus but do all sorts of things without giving a damn about morality. It has become so ambigious that being a "hindu" can mean almost anything. I give no credence to such man made concepts that have no basis in scriptural teachings, it is all ignorance. I read this forum and see constant bickering between hare krishnas and so called hindu nationalists and find it pathetic. We should all unite in our worship of Krishna and forget the stupid political rhetoric. Strive to act on the teachings of Krishna, sacrifice all ignorance to Agni.

As I have posted earlier "Hinduism" is not a religion but a system provided by sages or rishis who received the Vedas directly from God and it has been followed for over 5000 years. It can also be called Sanathna Dharma and has many branches. It is your choice to which branch you wish to follow and there is no compelling. Any branch that you find easy to comprehend you follow that. Krishna is only an incarnation but it would be better to worship Maha Vishnu directly as it is God himself in person. Instead of seeing the IGP in office why not see the IGP in a fatherly figure at his home where he will be more syampathethic and loving towards you. We can stick to Sanathana Dharma but to outsiders our religion is know as Hinduism and that cannot be changed. Hara and Hari is Shiva and Vishnu one and the same. To make matters easy for you why don't you just follow Vallalar Sri Ramalingam who said God is light[Jothi] the arrull perum jothy who is formless as he sees it. But yet it is still part of Hinduism. But you can just focus your mind in a burning candle or any form of flame. And that was what Moses saw in mount senai "The burning bush" where God spoke to him and delievered the ten commandments. No one is compelling you to follow a particular method the choice is yours but do not say yours is the only right way because many a saint have seen in many ways and that is Hinduism. In Hinduism there is idol and non idol worship. Chose which ever you are comfortable with. The Vedas will explain why and how. There is no single path to godhead and if there was, than God would not have sent so many prophets over the centuries to different nations with different ideologies at diffrent time and period which God decided for transmitting the message through them. Adhi Shankara appeared when Buddhism was a threat to the verdic belief and so did Chaitanya Mahaprabu appeared when Islam was a threat. Do not feel disgusted just because you do not understand. A true follower will explore and undestand its ture meaning. If you truely believe in Krishna by all means be a true follower and as far as incarnation is concerned I think you should look upon Sri Satya Sai Baba who many think is the incarnation of Sree Krishna because in Gita Krishna has said "Whenever religion declines I will come forth to educate mankind" and so that is what Sai Baba is doing now with his seva and propogation of all major religions.

dropping a name sounds a good idea, but it is not.

it does not and cannot change the facts,

and cannot solve the problems the hindus need to solve.

no matter what name you choose to repalce "hindu",

you still are a kafir for the muslims.

koran is not tolerant of the kafirs.

no name change will rectify the history of islam invasions and the fact that many vedic temples are destroyed and mosques are built on top of them.

the foolish congress gov. of india tried to not teach the real history of india to the majority hindus,

and kept them in ignorance to keep them cool.

this cowardice has not helped either.

more than half a century after independence,

the minority muslims of india have failed to learn to appreciate the tolerance of the majority hindus.

now the wise hindus see no good reason

to keep the invaded ideology on their land.

no aggressor should be allowed to reap the fruits of aggresion. some has said:

to tolerate the intolernt is to encourage intolerance.

note that still no hindu wants to kill the muslims of india.

but they cannot allow islam on the vedic land any more.

if millions of hindus accepted islam under the sword of the muslim invader aggressors, then the muslims of india should be able and willing to happily give up islam that was imposed upon their ancestors. also note that the hindus have no desire to force upon them any religion. the muslims who choose to give up islam, are free to remain without a religion or pick any other indegenous locally grown religion of their choice. this is the most peaceful solution for the hindu-muslim problem of india. the hindus do have patience to make this solution work, but there is always a limit.

the world needs to understand that non-violence is not an absolute principle in hinduism. sure the hndus did play coward and stupid for so long, but that does not mean they will continue to play cowards always.

hindus need work to do, internal and external.

uttishhTha, jaagrata, prApya varAnnibodhata

thanks barney, I agree mostly of your above post.

we see that you feel good about sai baba.

how much he listens you?

how many muslims have given up islam under his influence?

what effors has me made to unite all the vedic sapradayas against teh common threats of teh orbaiized invaded religions? just putting all the religions' symbols on a sai baba flag, and associating sai baba's names with gods into bhajans cannot help.

krishna has shown us by His pastimes what God can do.

Playing God is sinful if one is not God.

still many hindus do not mind him palying god,

but he needs to help to solve the problem.

god is for all, and should be willing to communicate with all. sai baba, i hear, is the god of the rich.

poor cannnot approach him, cannot talk with him, have no access to him. prabhupada was not god, (henever said he was), but he was accesible by any one, even a street hippie.

so was narad.

have you met/communicted with sai baba directly?

what problem you asked him to solve for you?

was it solved?

how hard or easy it was to get access to him?

could you agree with the hindu-muslim problem solution i mentioned above?

" I think you should look upon Sri Satya Sai Baba who many think is the incarnation of Sree Krishna because in Gita Krishna has said "Whenever religion declines I will come forth to educate mankind" and so that is what Sai Baba is doing now with his seva and propogation of all major religions"

yes .. krsna comes everytime to save the world.. this is enough to say that one is krishna because he says it and some fanatics says it (with any scriptural demonstration)?

and if sai baba is propagating all major religions, how can he be at the same time an hinduism leader or exponent?

"s I have posted earlier "Hinduism" is not a religion but a system provided by sages or rishis who received the Vedas directly from God and it has been followed for over 5000 years"

different... they gave sanatana dharma, next, with the corruption of kaliyuga, from the original variety of sanatana dharma have come also bogus paths, deviation and errors making, very often, impossible to conciliate sects, movements and sampradayas under the same "hinduism" name..

in my opinion (and i am not iskcon) i have not at all any interest to be put in the same religion with sai baba, i have opposite beliefs... i have many friends disciples of sai baba, i do not need any common label to be a friend, to help them, to be close to them.. even to collaborate... but in any way i belong to their religion and i am very disturbed if, as many people do, there's confusion : "ah india.. hinduism, idolatry, ganja, sai baba, osho..."

i think that this big effort to force this big mess under one "brand" gives no justice to the culture and cultures coming from this great nation

no serious follower of any path would be enthusiast on this unjustified vaticanization of hindu religions... have you also a pope ready? sai baba?

Culture is seperate from and inferior to religion. Culture is a set of rules and traditions that are man made and prone to corruption and ignorance, therefore I tend not to practice "indian culture". I believe that "hinduism" has taken certain principles from the vedic scriptures and watered it down with "cultural" nonsense and has now become a very ambigious and useless word. A hindu is anyone who feels like being called one and the title has no bearing on the person's actual moral character or faith in god, I have seen this in so many people.

To all the hindu nationlists: What about abolishing the current indian government and installing a theocracy based on the teachings of Krishna? If such a feat could be accomplished india would become the greatest nation on earth.

-amit

<< Culture is a set of rules and traditions that are man made and prone to corruption and ignorance,>>

yes, however, it is possible to keep out or remove any corruptions or ignorance. we had kingdoms, even in known history, almost free from corruptions and ignorance if not totally.

<< To all the hindu nationlists: What about abolishing the current indian government and installing a theocracy based on the teachings of Krishna? If such a feat could be accomplished india would become the greatest nation on earth.>>

when you say 'abolish' it sounds like something illegal.

over time, i think, wise hindu leaders unitedly could trnsform the same gov. for better.

I see your dilemma. You have come across an interesting argument. The word "Hindu" has become meaningless to you. However, it is quiet sacred for others. Although the name was given to the Vedic people by outsiders it is not totally meaningless to someone like me, for I still identify with it in some sense. If one were to shout out, "hey, you stupid Hindu", I would still identify with such a statement and be insulted, because they are speaking to me and to people of my "kind" in an injurious manner. In this sense I would defend being "hindu". However, when it comes to sanatana dharma, the word becomes less meaningful. For dharma is beyond the convention of any religion. Thus the meaning of the word of course is nothing without the emphasis the person puts on it. In this way language becomes something that is not able to capture Truth, and only paints a vague portrait in vain. So when one uses words to define things, one must be careful to get the intended point across, for we use words to define words. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is no real problem with you holding the word "hindu" as meaningless to you. But you can only claim that it is meaningless to YOU, do not claim that it is also meaningless for others, for you do not know how they relate to it. Thank you for bringing up this topic, for I have gone through that dilemma before and I hope my sharing has helped.

We meditate on the glory of the Creator;

Who has created the Universe;

Who is worthy of Worship;

Who is the embodiment of Knowledge and Light;

Who is the remover of all Sin and Ignorance;

May He enlighten our Intellect.