IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

why god Vishnu always born in India?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You are not adressing the isssues but beating round the bushes. My point was that God is not limited by man's relgions or conventions, that he is a god to all and is impartial.

In all your comments you imply that he is partial to indians and that was why he had appeared in his avatars to Indians. I had challenged that notion. Now rebut it properly if you think otherwise. !

Read my earlier mail

Was Taj Mahal built in a different way? No coercion come on.

Yeah, Taj Mahal is built in the same way ... but ignorant Hindus think it as symbol of "Love". Only difference between Chinese and Hindus are, at least Chinese brave enough to call their 1st Emperor a cruel person, while Hindus STILL refering to Taj Mahal as symbol of Love and Shah Jahan as a great leader.

For present day, one only needs to look at skyscapers in Shanghai to see whether chinese are lazy. You are totally ignorant and racist. China is the factory of the world.Look at how fast their GDP has grown.

Wrong ... China is market for the world products ... its 1 billion people are used by the rest of the world as dumping grounds for their products - US, UK, most Europe countries and even Malaysia. They all wants Chinese market.

Historically speaking, China didn't change AT ALL since the last 150 years. In 1870s, in the same situation as now, China's market were forced to open by foreigners by using government officials, a few shady characters and such. Same thing happening now YET Chinese never learn anything new. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hello ,, what abt Indians who are avid followers of astrology, Vastyua d so forth. In fact vedic astrology is supposed to be a divine science.

Divine or not depends on people who use them. And remember, Gita did say following foolish beliefs like this is for sake of material gains.

Like as if Vishnu can't bear for anyone to be proud....come on your concept of God is so narrow and is a disservice to hinduism as we know it.

It is not narrow-sighteness. In Ramayana, Lord Shiva himself had informed Narada not to boost his defeat of Kama Dewa to Lord Vishnu, knowing well that Lord Vishnu do not like boosting devotees. Ask any Hindus for confirmation.

Furthermore, go and read the Gita. There is a verse saying "A devotee must be as humble as a grass when seeking his Lord".

Another example of pure racism and yet you claim to worship Vishnu...this is what sectaranism does.!

Call it whatever you like. My belief is simple - Evolution of Man is what God is after, forcing Man to come outside his animalistic coccoon and use more and more of the Soul's unlimited abilities.

In that context, I see people as unmature, matured, overripen or simply rotten seeds within physical bodies. You can call it rascism for all I care. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guest guest

speaking about talking in circles. Refer to your earlier comments. God gave Islam to Muslims, Christianity to Europeans. Hello sir, i presume u stay in India and yet you don't realise the difference between races and religion. There is no such race as Muslim. A muslim is he who practices Islam, which as a matter of fact includes Indians, europeans, chinese, middle easterns, malays and others. And if you read your history, a lot of the indians and malays were hindus initially.

God doesn't allocate a religion to anyone. It is man who chooses his religion. If it were so, how would u explain convertions ? Will God's wil be thwarted ? Is God impotent then? That is what you imply by your circular logic.

Guest guest

Dear Subham,

Tell me which university you attended and get out of the well and see the world around you. Human race did not originate in India. All scriptures center around their own geographical locations and are limited in their understanding. Yet we still beleive in their infallability.

Dear AJ,

University does not matter for knowing the truth, you just need some common sense and a "DESIRE TO KNOW THE TRUTH".

" They think that God is four armed , carries a discuss and can only be worshipped by sanskrit mantras"

i agree that this is not the "ONLY", but i don't think you will be dare enough to agree that this is also "ONE of the WAY" and "WORSHIPPING FORMLESS GOD THROUGH ARABIC MANTRAS IS NOT THE ONLY WAY"

if You (or your group) would have agreed this, then they would not be breaking the temples for the last 1000 years, instead they would have concentrated on THEIR way of worship.

now as for humans originating in India, already i told it is my hypothesis, since as per Hinduism humans originated millions of years back, and all the world was a single continent millions of years back.

would you please kind enough to say what your university tells about the origin of Human race , not the usual Adam/Eve Rubbish, there is no "proof" for that theory, it is still being hotly debated - the main point being, can a entire race spawn out of a single couple- possibility of one in million, because if there were only one couple and they just produced 4 sons and 4 daughters (with probability of infant survival is less than 25% ) then the population would remain just one couple for thousands of years, i.e., if no wild animals kill that couple before reproduction. Hinduism states that human race was created with 60,000 men and a equal number of women (Prajapathis), here the chance of survival is more.

Hello sir, i presume u stay in India and yet you don't realise the difference between races and religion. There is no such race as Muslim.

I will persume you have never spoke to a Muslim before. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

When a person become a Muslim (assuming he is something else before), what he MUST do scrap off his old habit and follow what Muhammad doing.

To become a Muslim is to successfully mimic Muhammad in life, thus, they try to become one by mimic Muhammad. This mimicry give rise to a single race - Muslims.

A Chinese or Japanese can become a Hindu (by following the Gita) and he doesn't have to change his wardrobe, eating habits (much) and daily routines (much). Same goes for Buddhist and Christians.

BUT when a person become a Muslim, no matter what background he came from, he MUST adapt new culture, dress-codes, eating habits, praying and all the way to making love AND using the loo.

In that context, Muslims are a race which gave rise from their religion. Know the difference.

Guest guest

Hi! Being a young Hindu myself I have often thought about this. My conclusion is as follows:

During the time of the previous yugs India was not as it is today. The total spread of Bharat was very vast then. During the time of the Mahabharat, for example, it was implied that people all over the world were affected by the war. In yugs prior to that very little was stated (in the literature) to support the existance of other 'countries' as we recognise them today. Maybe Inida was then like America claims to be today - a 'superpower' that was in need of devine help to progress and impact others in a more positive way. The next avatar may grace the earth in present day India because India is in more need of help now than its ever been but maybe that assumption is a bit of a generalisation. I don't think it was ever stated that the avatar would be born in India. One thing I truely believe though is that when there is an avatar present on earth we will all know.

Guest guest

the past couple posts have been about certain people attacking eachother's beliefs and downgrading great races and countries.

-The Chinese are not bad people. They are great people who have evolved well over the thousands of years since the ice age. as a student of pscyhology, i believe that all people are a product of their environment. Each environment helps shape a person. That is why the environment in Mexico creates people who follow the mexican culture, italy Italians, Saudi Arabia saudi arabians, iraq iraqies, China chinese, india indain, etc. This is obviously what culture is and how it started. There are good minded people and bad minded people everywhere. A buildup or either is what makes the world at present judge other countries. BUt to say chinese are lazy is preposterous. The chinese have a graetly developing economy, although i personally dont approve of the govt. But they try hard to make their countrty better and they have gotten it done to a certain level.

--Europeans are materialistic because they come from a history where 'live like its ur last day' philosophy for quite a frew hundred years. They have been taught of one life for around 1500 years or so and current euros are a product of that. one cannot fault the europeans of today for being born in europe. it wasnt under their control. Downgrading cultures doenst help. unfortunatley its a certain bad few who run countries and make situations bad there but one cannot fault a whole race for it.

One must make the truth aware and work to better oneself and everyone else from it. Casting aside other cultures while raising ur own only shows how little you must think of how hinduism is treated and how it should be treated. perhaps this comes from the events that you have seen in ur life, and i dont fault u for it. but try to understand this and change from it. one need not place india above the world. only on level as every other country. we are all brothers of the same race and each has the right to stand up with equal respect granted.

---As i had said at the beginning of this thread, god does NOT only show up in india. vishnus avatars take place all over the world. indians refer to such situaitons as vishnu's avatars, but non-indians dont. that doesnt change the fact that it is still vishnu's avatars. Thats like saying a gato is only a cat in spain/latin america....everywhere it goes, its still a gato, but referred to as such only by the people who speak the language where the word comes from.

-Indians are in a bad enough rut. Please dont portray them as this superior race. We have things about our culture that is superior than others. We also have things about our culture which is inferior than others. Its not about portraying the superior and living that, but teaching the superior and spreading it everywhere.

Our people, especially Hindus, are in a state of coming from an environment of persecution in our own country for 1300 years. Over this time, our religion has adapted to fit the environment. THat doesnt change god, doesnt change satyam. but the way it is practiced has changed. I dont dare think that over time some of it hasnt gotten a little corrupted. We still hold on to many things that need not be held onto.

Personally i feel that modern hinduism is in need of a big change. A change away from ritualism and headed more in the direction of dharma. Teching a good way to live. Rituals are important. People should do them, but not make it mandatory. Only those that want to do. A ritual is only an acted out way of showing devotion and meaning. But god will understand whether one acts it out or thinks it out. Rituals can be mentally done and sitll be just as good if it is done genuinlly.

We see things that arent there and dont see things that are there. Much of the puranas is considered by many as mythology. Why? Because the western world doesnt understand the significance and indians dont really understand it either. They have lost touch over 1300 years. The puranas represent history. The stories are mostly historical events represented in the form that they are because the writers are devout people. To a devout hisndu everything is god and godly. Therefore they write giving godly spirit to earthly events. For example, if it said kali had a fight with Bill and devoured his head. that means that Bill was in battle (possibly with an army/maybe without) and was ruthlessly destoryed. Kali represents the destructive force of god. So the loss in battle was attributed to kali. THat doesnt mean theywere destoryed by an imaginary force. It was probably by another army, but since God is the craftsman and we are the tools, it is attributed to kali.

Ur earlier statements about gandarvas and apsaras and all that. They represent differnt peoples within the world from the indian persepctive. gandarvas are people from gandhara in afghanistan. i think apsaras were women who lived south east asia.

I could go on with more, but not now. Im done for now

Basically, what i meant to say is that theres too much fighting over which race is better and which race is right. We are all great races. Its individual people that make bad choices. Truth is not a monopoloy. But as limited humans, it can only be understood through our respective perspectives. Its up to us to alighn them all properly to live a good life for all people.

Guest guest

{Much of the puranas is considered by many as mythology. Why? Because the western world doesnt understand the significance and indians dont really understand it either.}

I think it's really because the stories are just so absurd that they are hard to believe. There may be some historical info there but it looks like it is largely clouded by myths. But why don't you see it as mythology? we have no problem seeing the Greek gods stories as myths and the same for the Egyptian gods so why not the same with the puranas?

In the Puranas you have so many contradictory stories of one god being superior over the others that sectarian movements have taken only their puranas as true and the others as false or less true. But maybe they are all false? That is the reason why people argue about nonsense. You have many Hindu leaders such as Swami Vivekananda and Sri Aurobindo who have said that the Puranas are mythology. Well maybe they were brave enough to admit that, where other Hindu leaders who rely on the Puranas were afraid they would loose their grip over their followers.

{The stories are mostly historical events represented in the form that they are because the writers are devout people.}

Just because they are devout we have to believe them? Well it's OK if you believe them but you can't expect the entire Hindu society to believe they are true. But the key word in your sentence is "represented" - if they are historical, why do they need to be represented? It implies that the stories are not literally true but need to be interpreted in the correct light to understand what the truth is...which means they are mythology!

I think it's really because the stories are just so absurd that they are hard to believe. There may be some historical info there but it looks like it is largely clouded by myths. But why don't you see it as mythology? we have no problem seeing the Greek gods stories as myths and the same for the Egyptian gods so why not the same with the puranas?

What is so absurd that you have problem believing?

A blind person who is lazy to do his/her own research could say there is no Sun and all the lights shining on his/her face is just from some artifical source (like street lights, lamps, torch etc) which s/he could touch and examine.

True ... We have no problem believing Greek and Egyptian mythology. WHY? Because such mythology didn't provide any knowledge to us. Stories of Puranas and those who believed in it had progressed so much in terms of knowledge and Science; and IF it is false, they couldn't have done it, could they? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

In the Puranas you have so many contradictory stories of one god being superior over the others that sectarian movements have taken only their puranas as true and the others as false or less true. But maybe they are all false?

You judge God by misinterpretation (via Ego) by some people. That is like saying Person A is a liar because Person B had told you so.

Lie or false can only be brought to light by those who are have researched and studied properly the facts by ALL possible means, not blindly following what some Swami said is true or false.

But the key word in your sentence is "represented" - if they are historical, why do they need to be represented?

When you are 5 years old, your parents will teach you Fables with morale in it, so you could follow by "pictorial" example of that morale and what happens if you do something bad.

Now, if you are 30 years old, do you expect your parents to come and retell the same old Fable Stories to get the morale they want you to understand?

No, right? WHY? Did your parents lied to you when you are 5 years old and telling the truth now?

Are you going to say the Morale is false because your parents "represented" in a straightforward manner and didn't to the same thing as they did 5 years ago?

Ability to accept Truth depends not on the Truth itself, but in ability to understand and draw the Truth from its means of delivery (whether in straightforward manner or through stories). In another word ... IF you want to know Truth, Grow Up first. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Guest guest

You like saying nonsense to anyone here who doesn't agree with you. Just remember you only represent yourself and not nobody else.

{What is so absurd that you have problem believing?}

Well, where do you want me to start? How about the story of Ganesh and his father (Shiav) chopping his head off not even knowing it was his son...and Shiva is God? I don't believe this literally happened, you can go ahead and believe it if it makes you feel better. How about the story of Lord Brahma lusting after his own daughter and Lord Shiva cursing him? Do you actually believe this stuff happened. I can understand when people say it's mythology, but when people try to say it's true, it makes the whole thing laughable.

{You judge God by misinterpretation (via Ego) by some people.}

When certain sectarian movements have specific puranas they believe in and not others is it a misinterpretation? If Shrimad Bhagvatam is important to Vaishnavas and not the Shiv Puranas, is it due to their ego? Maybe you should go explain the correct way of interpretation to them. Why don't you say the same to them?

{Are you going to say the Morale is false because your parents "represented" in a straightforward manner and didn't to the same thing as they did 5 years ago?}

You're dodging my point. Which is Puranas are mythology but may contain some history, the stories are too far-fetched to be LITTERALY true. Plus sectarianism can be seen in the Puranas. Even though the puranas may contain some spiritual and moral teachings it still doesn't make the stories literally true. That is why they 'represent' vedic teaching through stories. Like the Buddhists say "Stories are another way of telling the truth".

Guest guest

puranas are simple mythological stories to you because you dont understand them adn you dont udnerstand their reason for existance. i do believe that puranas, greek mythology and egyptian mythology are meant to represent some facet of truth. for example, there is a greek story about persephone being kidnapped by hades....do u think this is just a story...the story represents the death of spring and its resurrection after winter. but most people dont see that. they only see the content of the story.

about the ganesh story, this is NOT something that acutally happened literally!!! shiva is not a person, ganapathi is not a person. they are essences of life. they do not interact with eachother on the same level that one human can interact with another. Unfortunately the Indian people are one that have been oppressed for over a thousand years and there are many who lvoe their rleigion, and love the former glory of the religion and hold on tightly to past tradition just because they feel a need to.

i persoanlly look past the stories and try to find god in essence. Many westerners look at the content of the story and think that people believe and teach that. i will admit, there are many people who believe just the story adn know just the stry, but the more advances hindus who have more advances knowledge will tell you that the storiewsw are alegories for life and representation of events.

I dont believe in sectarianism and i think that sects of worshipping vishnu over shiva and shiva over vishnu are vestigial remains of classical hinduism's heights of christ-1000 AD and muslim india's opression 700-1700 AD.

Saying that vishnu is higher than shiva is only saying that the aspect of god that vishnu represents is the onechosen by his followers are more important than the aspect of god that shiva represents. since every man's perspective is a flash of truth, every man has the right to choose which aspect he chooses to worship. it doesnt make any of them wrong. one man doesnt have the monopoly on truth jsut as no one rleigion does.

apparent contradictions of vishnu being superior to shiva is relative to the information being told at the time. vishnu is superor to shiva at certain times and shiva is superior to vishnu at certain times. those respective times are both talked of in the puranas. its just a matter of which one gets tlaked abt more based on who wrote it.

its like a mother who works as a doctor. when at home, her family doesnt look at her as a doctor. when at work, she is not looked at by her patients as theirmother. she is a mother to her family and a doctor to her patients. doesnt change who she is tho.

The puranas each have many aspects to it. they teach morality, history, sceince and much more as seen by the writers of the day. The contents that are science and morality may be stories meant to deliever a message. the ones that are history however, are not. it is actual recorded indian history represented in an indian fashion. because it was not done the same way as the european hisotry was recorded is no reason to discredit it. how ca euros give a more clear version of indian history than indians themselves can. the problem is it is not in chronological order and must be interpresstted propoerly, understood and then matched up with modern standards of history to truly understand the full scope of what it means.

Guest guest

WHose god vishu.. how many gods u got?

if u got alot of these god names but all of them represents 1... then why did all the gods fight?

and who won?

-------------------------

http://www.muslimways.com

WHose god vishu.. how many gods u got?

Visnu means All pervading - just like Allah

if u got alot of these god names but all of them represents 1... then why did all the gods fight?

Supreme Lord is One and he has got many names. and the other names you say as are for the demigods like Indra , chandra and so on. And from which corner of the world that you know that Gods have fought each other? Only the people have fought might be on their little knowledge about the truth, just like a Moslem belives everyting without having any logic.( i dun think its needed to give any example- u can browse in the threads here in this website and u will get the answers) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hari hari bol

Guest guest

Instead of bashing muslims/others, learn to have a little sense and stop being a hateful fundamentalist, throwing mud over all the other hindus.

As for Gods fighting, they are all over the puranas. Brahma having 4 heads - the 5th head was destroyed by Shiva after Brahma lusted after his daughter..and cursed that none would worship him again - that's among the thrimurthi themselves. Then there's Indra, who's faught numerous gods, asuras and humans (many righteous ones) in fear of losing his position as king of gods and so on.

Maybe you should read your own scriptures instead of hating people of other religion. Don't take a few from here and there and say what you think is correct and everything else is not. You're simply arrogant and narrowminded to proclaim your hateful and ignorant comments are the truth and others are wrong.

So take your time, start reading things if you haven't, and open your mind and let go of the hate. Or you'll continue to be the rotten egg who makes the whole group stink.

Guest guest

{if u got alot of these god names but all of them represents 1... then why did all the gods fight?}

The stories of gods fighting is in the Puranas. The Puranas are mythology and are not to be taken literally. They come under the category of smriti which means they are less important than sruti (Vedas). Some sectarian movements in Hinduism have taken up certain Puranas where their God is superior and others are inferior. Because these groups are sectarian they give puranas more importance, even though it shouldn't be so. The Puranas represent different aspects of God as different gods and since some puranas have a sectarian bias they have stories of one god defeating another.

The Vedas teach that God is one and sages call it by different names. The Upanishads are based on spiritual experiences of the sages and they repeatedly state that God is one. These scriptures are part of sruthi, which means they were heard or revealed to the sages and they are the most important in Hinduism.

Hari OM:

i agree with your saying that Puranas (most of them) should not be taken literally, but these are also not pure mythology (myth means lie).

Rather they are allegorical, i.e., Puranas tell the deep truths found in Upanishads, which is complex to understand for an average human, in a simple story format, easy to understand.

For example the story (in the earlier post) of Brahama having five heads and losing one later , actually signifies- 1) Brahama denotes every living person (rather the life energy of every person)

2) The five heads-denotes the five level of consicouness- waking, dreaming, sleeping, Truya and Truyathia.

3) The loss of the fifth head (Truyathia) denotes the loss of "Nirguna" aspect of Brahama , own daugther is referred here, since the whole universe is made of Brahamam itself

Same kind of allerogical meaning can be found in many stories and there are also stories in Upanishads, where the meaning of the story is also written along side.

For example the story of two parrots enjoying a fruit, one actually eating it and another is a witness, found in Sandhokgya Upanishad

Now compare this with the story in Bible, Adam (Athmam) is just a witness and helper to Eve (Jiva) for enjoying the fruit (apple or the sensual pleasures) , tempted by snake (Kundalini) and thus loosing the Paradise (The samdihi state). Then both the stories are very similar and are even complementary to each other.

But now most of the people can't understand the allegory or the symbolic meanings and they just start taking it literally or throw away as myth. Read more to understand more.

---"Nope, I don't accept such. Not everything has a soul in them. Only a certain species. Which species are those? Species which inhabit clear presence of a Mind.

In Bhavagad Gita, it is stated that the Mind is a product of the brain and its sensors as it interacts with the environment around it. But all species have such interacts, so what makes the ones with Souls special? The ones with the Souls will develop what known as Duality.

A Soul is "something" which comes from God, therefore, it is intuned to God. However, due to interaction of the Brain and its sensors, it develop a Duality - spliting itself from God and become an individual being with "I", "Me", "Mine", "Myself" etc attitude.""

There is a reason for God allowing this to happen. This is not beyond God's Understanding either.

The reason is, in order for Evolution to occur and Man (and other high level lifeforms) to come to being as today, lifeforms MUST develop individuality and take suffering and misery. "-----

I shall tell you of the soul. The soul is God who is immortal and infinite, who has no beginning and will have no end, and who both exists and does not exist. Those who know the soul, are immortal.

The soul dwells in every living being, and in every part of every living being; it dwells in the hand and the foot, the skull and the mouth, the eye and the ear. Although it does not itself have senses, it shines through every sense. It is completely independent, yet all beings depend on it.

The soul is both near every living being, and far from every being. The soul is both inside and outside every living being. The soul is the cause of movement, but does not itself move. The soul is one, yet has innumerable forms. The soul creates, preserves, and destroys.

The soul is the light of every light; and its light transcends the duality of brightness and darkness. The soul is the light of knowledge; and its light is also the goal of knowledge. In the soul the subject and object of knowledge are one.

-Bhagavad Gita 13.12-17

-He is the eternal Reality, sing the scriptures,

And the ground of existence.

Those who perceive him in every creature

Merge in him and are released from

The wheel of birth and death.

- Shvetashvatara Upanishad

One of the reasons that hindus are forbidden from eating meat is so that they don't interfere with the karma that animals soul has in store for it hence animals have soul too.

All living creatures have souls...some are trapped in creatures which can never gain consciuosness in their lifetime such as plants and animals..others(the lucky souls) are born in humans..thats why it is said that being born as a human is a boon because you get to get out of this chain of life and death if you choose to.

"A souless lifeforms still can live (such as organs in cloning process) but it cannot strive and in total mercy of the Elements. "

No, The only difference between a living organism and a dead one is the absence of the soul thats it. The soul in our body permeates every aspect of it, thats why our body functions, if our soul leaves our body we will die. It is just that some souls have great bodies to inhabbit others don't due to the law of karma.

Guest guest

{i agree with your saying that Puranas (most of them) should not be taken literally, but these are also not pure mythology (myth means lie).

Rather they are allegorical, i.e., Puranas tell the deep truths found in Upanishads, which is complex to understand for an average human, in a simple story format, easy to understand.}

I agree, they are allegorical. But I also believe those who take it literally very often display sectarian bias. But these Puranas do need a good commentary to understand by a real spiritual master which is long overdue.

Qouting Bhavagad Gita alone do not make you look smarter. Present your statement about Mind, Body and Soul.

One of the reasons that hindus are forbidden from eating meat is so that they don't interfere with the karma that animals soul has in store for it hence animals have soul too.

Nope, eating animal meat will bring animalistic nature of Man out. A meat eater can easily get agitated and angry, if compared to a non-meat eater.

In terms of Spiritualism, you should be peaceful in order to obtain God.

Also, in funeral preparations of Hindusm, it is said that a body can only burn after a certain period of time in order for the Soul to reach Yama loka, therefore, stating dead bodies have souls is NOT accordance to Hindusm but more like influence of Islam and Christianity, who bury their deads.

All living creatures have souls...some are trapped in creatures which can never gain consciuosness in their lifetime such as plants and animals..others(the lucky souls) are born in humans..thats why it is said that being born as a human is a boon because you get to get out of this chain of life and death if you choose to.

No, it is simply evolution of life. No one is trapped anywhere, they are born because of Karma and therefore, they strive to become better in the next one. Each has its own cycle and each follow its own path as stated by Karma.

No, The only difference between a living organism and a dead one is the absence of the soul thats it. The soul in our body permeates every aspect of it, thats why our body functions, if our soul leaves our body we will die. It is just that some souls have great bodies to inhabbit others don't due to the law of karma.

Are you saying a cloned organism has a separate soul in them? Are you saying microorganisms have souls in them?

Guest guest

Why do u call everything God... God is one... there is nothing called "GODS" its "GOD" one and ONLY...

He wasn't born, he doesn't have mum n dad, he doesn't have a partner

The thing i don't understand is why you all call everything "GOD", everything is "GOD'S" not "GOD"

read you scripters.

Chandogya Upanishad

Chapter no: 6

Section: 1

Volume: 1

says: GOD IS ONE, NOT A SECOND ONE

Hi Sepiroth,

In response to your post:

The reason is, in order for Evolution to occur and Man (and other high level lifeforms) to come to being as today, lifeforms MUST develop individuality and take suffering and misery.

Can you tell me why suffering and misery are neccessary for Evolution?

Guest guest

Hari OM

Please read the scripture correctly--It says

GOD IS "ONE WITHOUT A SECOND"

Which is the literal meaning of the term Advaitham

So there can't be a GOD and GOD's , which then implies there is some thing external to GOD and hence contradicts the above statement.

It is quite complex to understand when we are in Dual state - like I and My House, I and My Body, etc., and as per the average human psychology we tend to see everything from our point of view (as stated in Mahabarata where Duroyadhana sees every body as evil and Yudhistra sees every body as good)

However this statement is understood and realized by people who had reached Turiyam, the fourth state of consicuoness beyond the three states-sleep, waking and dreaming.