IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
premananda

Everyone, check out this Babaji site!

Rate this topic

Bhajananandi and goshy-anandi, different moods.

PD you are in the preaching mood.Very evangelical like.You like to argue against the siksa-parampara over and over.

How do you consider the guru disciple relationship between Krishna and Arjuna?

YS MC

Originally posted by jndas:

The fact is Arjuna received siksha (upadesha) from Krishna. There was no transference of mantras or any diksha ritual. The concept of "parampara" as given in the Gita, and other upanishadic texts is one of siksha, or divine knowledge.

Which in the context of Gaudiya Vaishnavism is transferred via the process of diksha...in case you forgot.

P D

I don't want to reopen the whole "Siksa vs Diksa" debate but I do have a question. Actually I asked this question during that debate but never got an answer (unless I missed it). But could someone show me verse from Caitanya Caritamrta or Caitanya Bhagavat in which Mahaprabhu actually gives pancaratrika diksa? I would be interested in any information in this regard. Haribol.

Gauracandra

Originally posted by premananda:

I didn´t say that GM condemns all Babajis, neither do I believe that all persons in the world calling themselves "Babaji" are authentic. That would be foolish.

But the fact is that the Swami replies to the question (whether it´s ok to read Srila _ _ _ _ _ _ Babaji Maharaja´s books; and it is obvious that it is Srila Ananta das Babaji!) by telling a story about a sahajiya babaji. This is what I object to.

P D

[This message has been edited by premananda (edited 05-25-2001).]

I concur completely. The broad brush of GM strikes again. Some can do no wrong, apparently, while others can do no right. Why bother distinguishing other than between `us` and `them`? So much simpler that way!

------------------

Radhe Radhe ALWAYS Radhe!

Originally posted by amanpeter:

I concur completely. The broad brush of GM strikes again. Some can do no wrong, apparently, while others can do no right. Why bother distinguishing other than between `us` and `them`? So much simpler that way!

Exactly. The problem only arises when GM people start slandering, then I get in a position when I have to defend my guruparampara and practically the whole "non-Gaudiya Math" branch of Gaudiya Vaishnavism.

Also, I think it is necessary that somebody tries to give GM/ISKCON followers a larger perspective on the world of Gaudiya Vaishnavism. They are generally not open enough to see advanced souls outside their own institutions. They inherit a particular point of view from their gurus, which they repeat like small parrots, without actually finding out if it is true or not.

Ultimately I think it has to do with if one desires to perform raganuga-sadhana or not. If one wants to get srious about it, then one has to find a qualified teacher. That means one has to go outside the institutions.

P D

That means one has to go outside the institutions.

Finding a sat-guru has nothing to do with institutions or non-institutions. One needs to go where there is a liberated soul. If that liberated soul likes to chant Krishna's name near the latrine, thats where you have to go. If he likes to chant in a temple, then thats where you have to go. If he likes to chant in an institution, thats where we should go. Just find the liberated soul.

Gauracandra,

I had noted your question earlier on another thread, and also noticed that no one answered it.

Here is something related,for us all to consider, the initiation of Rupa and Sanatan Goswamis' by Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

TRANSLATION

“My dear Säkara Mallika, from this day your names will be changed to Srila Rüpa and Srila Sanätana. Now please abandon your humility, for My heart is breaking to see you so humble. Madhya 1.208

PURPORT

Actually this is Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu’s initiation of Dabira Khäsa and Säkara Mallika. They approached the Lord with all humility, and the Lord accepted them as old servants, as eternal servants, and He changed their names. [excerpt]

They approached and petitioned with great humility for mercy and the Lord granted their desire.The Lord then instructed all the assembled Vaisnava's to give them their mercy as well.

Still looking for an example as you described, but haven't found it yet.

Hare Krishna,

YS MC

Originally posted by Bhakta Jake:

Is the Premenanda who posts here the same as referred to on this Babaji website? If so,please email me. I have some questions I would like to ask without fear of starting a flame war. Thank you!

Dear Bhakta Jake,

Yes I am the Premananda Das referred to on the site.

y s

P D

Guest guest

Whosis ur parambara? whence did this parambhara start fm ? these are the things which bind one. Man is without begining nor end. So this thing abt parambara is passe.. while it is generally accepted that the blessings of the guru is transmitted through mantras, Let us not forget our own spiritual heritage.