IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Shiva - Swaminarayan - Jesus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

When righteousness is stake, we need to fight.

Why did the mahabharat war took place?

Both sides believed in God, but one side was religion and the other side was irreligion.

Lord Krishna told Arjuna 'Fight'.

Guest guest

Tell you all how it is.

I came into this world and was inflicted with the terror of Kali Yuga.

All my life up until 20 I searched for the Great Way and managed to find it in the health arts of Tai Chi and also the science of Self Realization.

After finding this I became very clear about my duty.

In Kali Yuga millions of options are available e.g become a musician, athelete, technician, martial artist or even a

brute, bully or barbarian (for the relentless pursuence of sense pleasure and providing gratification for the palate and genitalia)!

Having explored all avenues (or Tao) of Dharma (incuding Swaminarayan, Krishna Consciousness general Sanatam Dharma, Gandhi, Yoga) I feel I can only to the dharma of Absolute Truth - otherwise life is a bitter struggle and your sense of purpose becomes tainted.

You have been gifted with this human birth to go back home - back to Godhead - Why waste this Golden Opportunity.

In this age of hypocrisy there are many bogus authorities (some make a great spectacle of their 'Dharmic' ideals) so you have to question the truth behind their words and ideas - this corruption then filters and contaminates the clean waters that once existed.

Absolute truth = truth that is unalloyed and unquestionable.

Absolute Truth= The Supreme Personality of Godhead

Absolute truth = Krsna, Ram, Kapila, Visnu, Narayana (not talking about SwamiNarayan - hence), Nrsimhadeva, Kurma, Matsya, Kalki

Any thing varying from these (especially the 1st six) have bring doubt into the mind.

Lets aim for the absolute truth and not some psuedo-scholarly truth that holds no conviction and has little evidence to support its claim.

In your heart of hearts question what you herald to be the absolute truth, cause of all cause the creator and basis of all things!

Guest guest

Lord Krishna and his incarnations are all mentioned in the Vedic scriptures.

Swaminarayan is not. So reject BAPS now.

Don't waste your life worshipping swaminarayan.

Only the fools and raskals will worship anyone other than Lord Krishna.

Guest guest

"The Vachanamrut", It is the collection of discourses of Bhagwan Swaminarayan. Four Paramhansas wrote every thing at the same time of Discourse with date, time and the description of Lord himself. The great Saints Muktanand Swami, Gopalanand Swami, Nityanand Swami and Sukanand Swami heard and compiled the original words of Lord Swaminarayan and got them authenticated by Lord himself. These vachanamrutams were thousands in number, but Lord Swaminarayan had selected 262 only.

And in many of these Vachanamruts Selected by lord, He has told himself to be the Supreme Parabrahman. Even in Shikshapatri Shloka 203, He has said that

"I have thus described above in short, general and special Dharmas of all My followers. For further details, they shall refer to other Shastras of My Sampraday"

As Lord Swaminarayan has himself told that he is the Purna Purushottam Narayan Parabrahman, thats why we believe him to be the Ultimate.

Guest guest

Can u Please tell me Which Vedic Scripture contains the All the Incarnations of Lord Krishna.Can u please tell which scripture has predicted the incarnation of Lord Krishna?

Someone Please answer this Question?

Jai Shree Krishna.

Guest guest

Can u Please tell me Which Vedic Scripture contains the All the Incarnations of Lord Krishna.Can u please tell which scripture has predicted the incarnation of Lord Krishna?

The scripture where written 5000 years ago by vyas, krsishna interacted with vyas, vyas wrote bhagvatam, mahabahrat etc all about krishna the scriptures are full of krishna's name. Vyas himself write that krishna appears again and again per yuga, in the scriptures mentioned above as well as vedas krsnas names are there.

Guest guest

Just because a man made sripture says swaminaryan is the supreme. That does not mean he is.

Ok then I say I am god, are you going to worship me too?

Only follow the authorised scriptures. The Vedic scriptures are the only authorised scriptures from god himself. They are not man made.

Swaminarayan is not mentioned in any Vedic scripture. Lord Krishna is mentioned in many scriptures as the supreme.

Read why Lord Krishna is god:

www.gitamrta.org/god.htm

Guest guest

You haven't answered my question

"Can u Please tell me Which Vedic Scripture contains the All the Incarnations of Lord Krishna.Can u please tell which scripture has predicted the incarnation of Lord Krishna?"

You have told in your previous Post that

"Lord Krishna and his incarnations are all mentioned in the Vedic scriptures.

Swaminarayan is not. So reject BAPS now.

Don't waste your life worshipping swaminarayan.

Only the fools and raskals will worship anyone other than Lord Krishna."

Can you Specify the scriptures Where Lord Krishna and his incarnations have been mentioned?

Thanks and Jai Shree Krishna.

Guest guest

Good question...

The Vedic Scripture that contains all the incarnations of the supreme personality of Godhead is The Srimad Bhagavatam.

Can't say exactly which scripture predicted the incarnation of the Lord, however.

Having said this I would like to point out that The Srimad Bhagavatam is the ultimate Purana -so you can put your SWAMINARAYAN ideas to one side.

Have a read of this and if you want to debate with me then quote me DIRECTLY from your source of reference. Srimad Bhagavatam is BONAFIDE!!!

From Srimad Bhagvatam Canto 12 (Final chapter Chapter 13: The Glories of Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam):

http://vedabase.net/sb/12/13/en

SB 12.13.11-12: From beginning to end, the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam is full of narrations that encourage renunciation of material life, as well as nectarean accounts of Lord Hari's transcendental pastimes, which give ecstasy to the saintly devotees and demigods. This Bhāgavatam is the essence of all Vedānta philosophy because its subject matter is the Absolute Truth, which, while nondifferent from the spirit soul, is the ultimate reality, one without a second. The goal of this literature is exclusive devotional service unto that Supreme Truth.

SB 12.13.13: If on the full moon day of the month of Bhādra one places Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam on a golden throne and gives it as a gift, he will attain the supreme transcendental destination.

SB 12.13.14: All other Puranic scriptures shine forth in the assembly of saintly devotees only as long as that great ocean of nectar, Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, is not heard.

SB 12.13.15: Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam is declared to be the essence of all Vedānta philosophy. One who has felt satisfaction from its nectarean mellow will never be attracted to any other literature.

SB 12.13.16: Just as the Gańgā is the greatest of all rivers, Lord Acyuta the supreme among deities and Lord Śambhu [Śiva] the greatest of Vaiṣṇavas, so Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam is the greatest of all Purāṇas.

SB 12.13.17: O brāhmaṇas, in the same way that the city of Kāśī is unexcelled among holy places, Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam is supreme among all the Purāṇas.

SB 12.13.18: Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam is the spotless Purāṇa. It is most dear to the Vaiṣṇavas because it describes the pure and supreme knowledge of the paramahaḿsas. This Bhāgavatam reveals the means for becoming free from all material work, together with the processes of transcendental knowledge, renunciation and devotion. Anyone who seriously tries to understand Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, who properly hears and chants it with devotion, becomes completely liberated.

SB 12.13.19: I meditate upon that pure and spotless Supreme Absolute Truth, who is free from suffering and death and who in the beginning personally revealed this incomparable torchlight of knowledge to Brahmā. Brahmā then spoke it to the sage Nārada, who narrated it to Kṛṣṇa-dvaipāyana Vyāsa. Śrīla Vyāsa revealed this Bhāgavatam to the greatest of sages, Śukadeva Gosvāmī, and Śukadeva mercifully spoke it to Mahārāja Parīkṣit.

Jai Shree Krsna

Guest guest

Good question...

The Vedic Scripture that contains all the incarnations of the supreme personality of Godhead is The Srimad Bhagavatam.

Can't say exactly which scripture predicted the incarnation of the Lord, however.

Having said this I would like to point out that The Srimad Bhagavatam is the ultimate Purana -so you can put your SWAMINARAYAN ideas to one side.

Have a read of this and if you want to debate with me then quote me DIRECTLY from your source of reference. Srimad Bhagavatam is BONAFIDE!!!

From Srimad Bhagvatam Canto 12 (Final chapter Chapter 13: The Glories of Srimad Bhagvatam ):

http://vedabase.net/sb/12/13/en

SB 12.13.10: It was to Lord Brahma that the Supreme Personality of Godhead first revealed the Srimad Bhagavatam in full. At the time, Brahma, frightened by material existence, was sitting on the lotus flower that had grown from the Lord's navel.

SB 12.13.11-12: From beginning to end, the Srimad Bhagavatam is full of narrations that encourage renunciation of material life, as well as nectarean accounts of Lord Hari's transcendental pastimes, which give ecstasy to the saintly devotees and demigods. This Bhagavatam is the essence of all Vedanta philosophy because its subject matter is the Absolute Truth, which, while nondifferent from the spirit soul, is the ultimate reality, one without a second. The goal of this literature is exclusive devotional service unto that Supreme Truth.

SB 12.13.11-12: From beginning to end, the Srimad Bhagavatam is full of narrations that encourage renunciation of material life, as well as nectarean accounts of Lord Hari's transcendental pastimes, which give ecstasy to the saintly devotees and demigods. This Bhagavatam is the essence of all Vedanta philosophy because its subject matter is the Absolute Truth, which, while nondifferent from the spirit soul, is the ultimate reality, one without a second. The goal of this literature is exclusive devotional service unto that Supreme Truth.

SB 12.13.13: If on the full moon day of the month of Bhadra one places Srimad Bhagavatam on a golden throne and gives it as a gift, he will attain the supreme transcendental destination.

SB 12.13.14: All other Puranic scriptures shine forth in the assembly of saintly devotees only as long as that great ocean of nectar, Srimad Bhagavatam , is not heard.

SB 12.13.15: Srimad Bhagavatam is declared to be the essence of all Vedanta philosophy. One who has felt satisfaction from its nectarean mellow will never be attracted to any other literature.

SB 12.13.16: Just as the Ganges; is the greatest of all rivers, Lord Acyuta the supreme among deities and Lord Sambhu [siva] the greatest of Vaisnavas, so Srimad Bhagavatam is the greatest of all Puranas.

SB 12.13.17: O brahmanas, in the same way that the city of Kasi; is unexcelled among holy places, Srimad Bhagavatam is supreme among all the Puranas.

SB 12.13.18: Srimad Bhagavatam is the spotless Purana. It is most dear to the Vaisnavas because it describes the pure and supreme knowledge of the paramahamsas. This Bhagavatam reveals the means for becoming free from all material work, together with the processes of transcendental knowledge, renunciation and devotion. Anyone who seriously tries to understand Srimad Bhagavatam , who properly hears and chants it with devotion, becomes completely liberated.

SB 12.13.19: I meditate upon that pure and spotless Supreme Absolute Truth, who is free from suffering and death and who in the beginning personally revealed this incomparable torchlight of knowledge to Brahma;. Brahma; then spoke it to the sage Narada, who narrated it to Krsna-dvaipayana Vyasa. Vyasa revealed this Bhagavatam to the greatest of sages, Sukadeva Gosvami;, and Sukadeva mercifully spoke it to Maharaja Paraksit.

Jai Shree Krsna

Guest guest

Ok then I say I am god, are you going to worship me too?

NO. because you cannot prove you are god, where swaminarayan actually convinced people that he is krishna

why do you not believe that swaminarayan was krishna himself?

if you say that krishna was predicted in the vedic scriptures then swaminarayan was that same prediction along with the krishna that was here 1000 years ago.

it is only the name which makes you think that these are two different gods, where one is claiming to be god, but in fact they are only one at different ages.

also just because saints wrote some of the scriptures does not mean that they are false

if god himself proof reads them how can you say that they are false

Guest guest

Ok then, answer these 2 simple questions:

Is Lord Krsna the Supreme Personality of Godhead?

Is Lord Swaminarayan the Supreme Personality of Godhead?

A conclusive yes or no will suffice. Be careful though since other Bhaktas are also reading this so search in your heart of hearts and please don't stray others from the conclusive and absolute truth.

Guest guest

also just because saints wrote some of the scriptures does not mean that they are false

if god himself proof reads them how can you say that they are false

God is not cheap.

God is is an unlimited expanse of power, energy and bliss whereas humans are limited.

Only bonafide scriptures are true.

What use is there in God wasting his time proof-reading a man made scripture when his scriptures alone will unravel the path directly to him.

God bless..

Guest guest

Jai Shri Krishna to all,

Can anyone answer to my questions !!

Is Krishna DEV or PURSHOTTAM as in Swaminrayan Temple they call KRISHNA as DEV. I went to to ISKCON and I was told that to call PURSHOTTAM as DEV is big SIN.

XxX

Guest guest

I read the References which you gave from the Bhagvatam. Very nice, I havent read the whole bhagvatam yet. Thanks a lot for replying.

Another question is

Can you please tell me When was Bhagvatam written, i.e., Was it written after Krishna Bhagwan came onto the earth or before he came on to the earth. Please provide some reference if you can?

Can you also tell me which scripture predicted or says about Lord Krishna's life or his work or his Charitras from the scriptures that were written before he came onto the earth?

I had these questions in my mind, I was thinking to ask some one who has a good knowledge abt scriptures and get cleared.

Please try to answer the above questions, It would be helpful for me.

Thanks for replying.

Jai Shree Krishna.

Guest guest

Kick them in the face.

Anyone who insults Lord krishna deserves to be kicked in the face.

Guest guest

Jai Jai Sri Sri Radhe,

All Glories to Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu and his Associates,

Jai Sri Swaminarayan,

Lord Krishna is considered to be the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is whole absolute and supreme. This is confirmed by the scriptures and by many saints as well. The ultiamte source of this is the Srimad Bhagavatam. The Srimad Bhagavatam is considered to be the most supreme scripture in the Kaliyug, while other Puranas have importance, the Bhagavat Puran is considered to be the most effective. The Name Bhagavatam actually comes from the word Bhagavan. Bhagavan is the title who we give to the absolute indestrutable infinite Lord who is unborn and always present. If you look at the various Purans, they pertain to certain names of deities, such as the Skhanda Puran (Skhanda or Kartikeiya, Subharmanyam etc), then the Vishnu Puran, Shiv Puran, etc. However the Bhagavat Puran refers to he that is Bhagavan. The Bhagavatam is a direct reference to the pastimes of Lord Krishna, thus he is considered Bhagavan. This is also confirmed in other scriptures as well, such as the Brahma Samhita which states, "Govindam Adi Purusham Tam Aham Bhajami" I worship the Adi Purush(original lord) Lord Govinda. Govinda obviously pertaining to Krishna. The divinity of Lord Krishna is also confirmed in the Mahabharat as well in the Harivansh. It should also be noted that Lord Krishna did not take birth, but trascendentally appeared in the dungeon of Kans, thus he is not bound to the material world and making his name Ajanma (He who does not take birth)where as in for example Lord Rama had to take birth birth in a material body to fulfill his incarnation as the ideal human and the slayer of Ravan (since Ravan could only be killed by a Human). The Lord also exhibits various qualities upon his appearance, all the qualities are persent in the incarnation, however only some are exhibited. For example we see with the Appearence of Lord Kalki he will only exhbit Eight Qualities out of the full. However, with Lord Krishna he exhibited all the qualities making him the Supreme Being himself, for no other being can exhibit such qualities. And it is also confirmed in the Shastra that no incarnation beforehand had exhibited such qualities. From the very start, Lord Krishna proclaimed his divinity not only through his actions and various pastimes, but through statements as well, such as in the Bhagavad Gita and various places in the Bhagavatam (such as canto 11 in the Uddhava Gita). Lord Krishna is considered to be the most complete manifestation of God, thus he is widely worshipped by all sects regaurdless of their patron deity. Lord Krishna is himself the incarnation of Love. Devotees experience various rasas or bhavs from worshipping Sri Krishna in a loving aspect, such as being his father, or mother, of lover, or friend, etc. This aspect cannot be pertained to other forms of Godhead. For example we have the great Devotee Meerabai (discpline of Ravidas and Jiva Goswami) who worshipped Lord Rama in terms of the Supreme Godhead, but regarded Krishna as her intimate Lover and Husband. This aspect cannot be shared with Lord Rama, and if so it would be very difficult. Thus the various rasas and bhavs that one experiences by worshipping Krishna is very different from any other incarnation. Thus also confirming that he is a different kind of incarnation.

Regarding Lord Swaminarayan, i believe he is a manifestation of the Lord as well. This is confirmed not only in the Skhanda Puran as mentioned in these posts but also in the Padma Puran. The account tells of the Lords Nar-Narayan in an assembly of Sages giving discourses on various Yogas etc. There upon the Sage Durvasa enters. Sage Durvasa is a very esteemed sage for he is to be considered no different from Lord Shiva himself, and the brother of Lord Dattatreya making him the son of Atri. But upon arriving the Lords Nar and Narayan did not stand to respect Durvasa Muni, who is worthy of worship. Lord Shiva is considered to be not only a manifestion of the Lord, but also an incarnation of his wrath personified (as pertaining to Lord Ananta Sesa). Thus like Lord Shiva, Durvasa also exhibits this wrathful quality. Thus taking it as an offense, Durvasa Muni was furious at Nar-Narayan Rsi. Durvasa then curses the Lord that all his pennance would be lost and he would have to take birth in the material world. Furious Durvasa marched out of the assembly. The various sages present were shocked and astounished and prayed to the Lord for an explaination of Durvasas behaviour. Lord Narayan then stated that this was in part his own leela, his own pastime, by his will so that he may take birth in the material world to revive the bhakti of Sri Krishna, Nara and Narayan, as well as Laxmi Narayan, the various aspects that Vaishnavites hold supreme. In the Srimad Bhagavatam it is stated that the Lords Nara and Narayan were born to Dharma and Murti Devi. Lord Swaminarayan too manifested himself in the house of Dharma and Bhakti Mata. The names should also be taken into consideration. The Lord only manifests himself where the is Bhakti and Dharma present. Thus this plays a role of confirmation of his divinity. Lord Swaminarayan also appeared in the town of Chappaiya which is considered to be identical with Ayodhya as they are in the same kingdom. The fact that Lord Swaminarayan appeared on the same appearence day as Lord Rama as well as in the same city also confirms his divnity. When Lord Swaminarayan appeared he appeared from the womb of Bhaktimata in the form of little krishna wearing a peacock feather and holding a flute, thus his name was called HariKrishna. He was also of a blackish hue like the color of a cloud thus his name was called Ghanshyam. Both these pertain to the resemblance of Lord Krishna. It should also be taken into consideration that Nara and Narayan are directly the Lord himself. In the Mahabharat and in the later part of the Bhagavatam, Lord Krishna reveals to Arjuna their true identities as Nar and Narayan and making statement that wherever the Lord appears, Arjun too appears. Thus Lord Narayan is to be considered no different from Krishna, making Lord Swaminarayan also a supreme manifestaion of Krishna, since hs is obviously Lord Narayan. The pastimes of young ghanshyam also exhibited the various pastimes of Lord Krishna in his earlier years like the various mischiefs etc. However at the tender age of 11 Ghanshyam leaves his home and becomes a wandering rennunciate. This is also a reflection of Lord Narayan, as he was born into a place of wordly desires but he too along with his brother became wandering sages. Thus this also confirms Swaminarayans divinity if looked upon that aspect. One should take into consideration for what purpose may Swaminarayans message seem different from Krishnas. For one, Lord Swaminarayan appealed mostly to those of a lower caste. The Brahmins had supressed the Lower caste from approaching God and learning about him. But Lord Swamimnarayan did not look at caste and acceepted even the Lower caste, thus a majority of his followers were probably not as spiritually advanced, thus Swaminarayan taught the bare basics of spiritual life (this is found in the Shikshapatri). Even today majority of Swaminaryaans followers come from the Vaishya and Sudra caste. That again was another purpose of his incarnation, to rid the unauthorized caste system. One should even take into consideration the pastime of Ghanshyam as a young child and the involvement of Hanuman. As a child, young Ghanshyam was rescued by Hanumanji. Hanumanji boldly proclaimed that he was always a devotee and servant of Ghanshyam. It is regarded by many that Hanumanji only played a role in the Ramayan rather than elsewhere. However towards the end of the Ramayan, when Hanumanji asked Lord Rama what his duty was after Lord Rama would ascend to the heavens, Lord Rama ordered that he stay on earth to assist him with his coming incarnations as well as propigate the holy name of Rama. We see that in the Mahabharat Hanuman also plays a significant role. In the forest encounter with Bhimesena Hanuman reavels his identity, and embraces his brother. Later during the war, Hanumanji takes his place on the Chariot of Arjuna. In the pastimes of Lord Chaitanya Hanuman also takes a significant role. According to the Chaitanya Mangala by Locana Das Thakur it is stated that Sri Murari Gupta was infact a manifestation of Hanumanji himself who had come to serve the Lord as Chaitanya. Thus Hanuman plays a significant role in any divinity. Hanumanji being present in the childhood of Ghanshyam shows that Ghanshyam was not an ordinary youth by a manifesation of Sri Hari himself. Later on in his life, Swaminarayan initiated the worship of Hanuman, and his discples also gave great importance to him. Today he is worshiped in Sarangpur by the followers of Swaminarayan.

Regaurding the status of Akshardham and Goloka. It is stated in the Bhagavatam and various other scriptures that the Vaikunta planets are infinite in number as pertaininig to the infinite forms of Godhead. Goloka is stated as the Supreme Center resembling a lotus flower. It is most probably that Akshardham too is one of the Vaikunta Planets. Each Vaikunta planet pertains the a particular pastime of a particulr form of Godhaed. If one entered into Saketaloka he would be in the pastimes of Lord Ramachandra and in his service, in Goloka one would be in the service of Sri Radha Krishna. Thus Akshardham is most probably a vaikunta planet where the pastimes of Lord Swaminarayan take place. In the Devi Bhagavat, and stated in Various Purans and Tantras, Akshardham is actually considered to be the heavenly abode of Mother Durga. However this abode does not life in Devi Dham or Mahesa Dham, it is transcendentally above that most probably associated with the Vaikunta planets for Mother Durga is always in the service of Lord Vishnu or Krishna. Thus Akshardham is not a myth or legend, it is a firm reality. Who are we to decide which Vaikunta Planet exists and which does not, it is stated in the Srimad Bhagavatam itself that the Vaikunta Planets are in infite number and it is impossible to name all of them, they are as infinite as the lord is.

In terms of Incarnations, the Bhagavatam tells us that the Lords manifestations are infinte in number just as there are waves emerging from an ocean, or countless rivers merging into the ocean, the forms of Godhead are also infinite. It is true that the Bhagavatam and other puranas mention the major incarnations of Godhead and we accept it as an authority when the Bhagavat or the other Purans make a statement. Thus to my understanding, Lord Jesus and Prophet Muhammad are also considered a divinity, because they are mentioned in the Bhavishya Puran. In the Kaliyug, we consider Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu to be a supreme incarnation of Godhead, in terms of Radha and Krishna. He is mentioned in various incarnations such as in the Gaurda Puran, the Bhagavatam (mentions the golden form of God), and also in the Chaitanya Upanishad which is within the Rig Vedas and in other countless scriptures. Lord Swaminarayan too is considered a manifesation of God and he to is mentioned as stated above in various Puranas. However one cannot limit Godhead in terms of incarnations. In the Kaliyug itself there are many incarnations present that are of a hidden nature. For Example, Guru Nanakdev is considered a manifestation of the supreme,and he too is mentioned in the Vedas and the Puranas. Sripad Vallabhacharya's son Sri Vittalnathji, is considered to be an incarnation of Sri Krishna as a boon given to Vallabhacharya when he visited Pandarpur. Vallabhacharya too is considered to be some extent an incarnation of Sri Vishnu and of Agni due to a boon given by the lord to his family that after 100 soma yagnas the lord would take birth. Later in the Bhatki movement, Saints like Naamdev and Jnandev appeared, and they too are divine. Naamdev is considered an incarnation of Sri Krishna himself, and Jnandev a manifestation of Uddhava. Swami Haridasji (not Haridas Thakura) is also considered to be a manifestation, but of Lalita Sakhi. Meerbai is also somehow related to Radharani. In the pastimes of Lord Chaitanya there are countless incarnations present, like Murari Gupta, Lord Nityananda, Ramananda Raya, etc. This is all according to the will of God. As humans we try and limit God to one form, or one name, but how can we limit God who is supreme. By limiting him to a time place or name or form we are trying to limit and label God, this is considered a great offense. One should marvel at the wonder of God and see his divine play and howw he interacts with all things, and all things are in part part of his play. He is the doer of all things, and we are but his servants.

Regarding Lord Shiva, many vaishnavites consider him to be a devotee of Krishna or Vishnu. This is most probably due to the rift between Vaishnavs and Saivas which has been occuring for thousands of years. Prabhupada gives an analogy of Milk and Yogury, Krishna is compared to Milk, and Shivji to Yogurt. They are both same yet different. One should also take into considereation the differences in the manfiestations of Lord Shiva, that certain shivas are shiv tattva, but Lord Sadasiva is no different from Krishna, he is Vishnu Tattva- non different from the Lord. Lord Shiva is also absolute in his nature. This is confirmed by Great Vaishnava Acharyas and devotees. Lord Swaminarayan to accepts this in his Shikshapatri. Sripad Vallabahcarya makes it clear in his Balbodh that Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva are identical and both are considered Parabrahma. Balbodh meaning the basics to the devotion of God. In the Chaitanya Mangala Murari Gupta too confirms this. Lord Chaitanya visits the lingaraja in southern india and Murari Gupta Comments on it. That Lord Caitanya and Lord Shiva are one and the same, and he who considers them different suffers a grave curse. In the Ramayan, Lord Rama too confirms thie absolute nature of Lord Shiva, he states that those who consider Shiva as different from him, or him different from shiva are bound to rott in hell nor attain Godhead not even in their dreams.

Please Accept my Pranams,

Suren

Guest guest

yes

yes

what ever form god was introduced to you you take that form as supreme

Guest guest

what ever was written by man were gods word. swaminarayan (if you believe was god) insisted saints to write scriptures where some of the saints were not at all educated. such scriptures can only be the energy and power of god and nothing else.

the only scriptures that were proof read were the anecdotes of god when he was young

Guest guest

yes

yes

what ever form god was introduced to you you take that form as supreme

In Reply;

Lord Krsna makes his claim comclusively about himself and other incarnations being the Supreme Personality of Godhead in various scriptures and I can quote them to you (in fact just read Bhagvad Gita - various instances)

Where is there evidence of Lord Swaminarayan as Supreme Personality of Godhead -please provide bonafide scriptural evidence.

kind regards ...

Guest guest

In Regaurd to yoru Question Bhavesh, Sri Krishna can be called both. He is Purshottam, the almight indestrucable God himself, yet you may refer to him as dev as well, after all Lord Krishna is the Dev of all the Devs. I do not regaurd it as offenseful to think of Krishna as Dev. That is my opinion. He for me can be addressed both.

Guest guest

I read the References which you gave from the Bhagvatam. Very nice, I havent read the whole bhagvatam yet. Thanks a lot for replying.

Another question is

Can you please tell me When was Bhagvatam written, i.e., Was it written after Krishna Bhagwan came onto the earth or before he came on to the earth. Please provide some reference if you can?

Can you also tell me which scripture predicted or says about Lord Krishna's life or his work or his Charitras from the scriptures that were written before he came onto the earth?

I had these questions in my mind, I was thinking to ask some one who has a good knowledge abt scriptures and get cleared.

Please try to answer the above questions, It would be helpful for me.

Thanks for replying.

Jai Shree Krishna.

So many questions -do you doubt Srimad Bhagavatam?

Let me put the Bhagavatam in context.

1st of all there is a lineage. In Srimad Bhagavatam (also see above from highlighted quotes:

SB 12.13.19: I meditate upon that pure and spotless Supreme Absolute Truth, who is free from suffering and death and who in the beginning personally revealed this incomparable torchlight of knowledge to Brahma;. Brahma; then spoke it to the sage Narada, who narrated it to Krsna-dvaipayana Vyasa. Vyasa revealed this Bhagavatam to the greatest of sages, Sukadeva Gosvami;, and Sukadeva mercifully spoke it to Maharaja Paraksit.

After this the saint Saunaka who was there listening to the Srimad Bhagavatam being spoken to Maharaj then at a later time spoke it to the saints that were assembled at the forest at Naimskare.

I am not going to give my personal view on this matter.