IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
VibhutiGanesh

Effectiveness of Mantras

Rate this topic

Research on Mantra Sadhana

I wish to conduct a research upon effectiveness of various Mantras.

My intention is to assess the effectiveness of different mantras and this will include the following :

• What was the objective of undertaking a Mantra ?
  • Whether Mantra was received from a Siddha or a Guru

• If yes - who was the person ?
      • what was the procedure used by the guru to seasion (siddhi) the Mantra?
      • What were the conditions followed by the Guru to assess the suitability of the beneficiery?

[*]How many times the Mantra was recited/chanted every day?

[*]What was the duration/period the Mantra was recited?

[*]Whether the Shadangas i.e. Rishi, Deveta etc. were performed ritualistically ?

[*]Whether Viniyas i.e. Sankalpa, Nyaasa, Puruscharana were performed ?

• If yes, what was the procedure ?
    • What benefits were observed that can be confidently attributable to Mantra sadhana?

[*]What way the pronunciation and sound of recitation of Mantra substantiated ? Could it be verified by a living experienced expert ?

[*]Whether the Verbatim meaning of the Mantra signified the expected benefits?

[*]Whether colours were used deliberately i.e., colour of the cloths or the Asana used by the sadhaka

[*]If Mantra was used as a remedy of any disease; was it verified through medical reports ?

I want suggestions and help in following :

1. Suggestions in addition/deletion of details to be collected
  2. Suggestion about methodology for the research
  3. Suggestion about an institute who can sponsor the project
  4. How to collect genuine data
  5. Volunteers for the project
  6. Net resources e.g. formulating the data collectiong form, uploading on a website, processing of data and analytical tools

Please interact.

Your support in any form would be a valuable contribution in furthering our cultural heritage.

With warm regards.

--VibhutiGanesh

Hello Sir,
I have read books on YANTRA and Tantra but not specifically on Mantra. In the books which I have read there are many mentions of Mantras and their usage.
One famous book is Madhu Khanna's - Yantra- The Tantric Symbol of Cosmic Unity. Where he shows some images of Sri Yantra formed by chanting Mantras.(Which I later found out to be false). But anyways the book is very good and authoritative about many facts about Yantras.
Sir, Kindly go through the link below. There is a study called "Cymatics" ( Wikipedia - (from Greek: κῦμα "wave") is the study of visible sound and vibration, a subset of modal phenomena. Typically the surface of a plate, diaphragm, or membrane is vibrated, and regions of maximum and minimum displacement are made visible in a thin coating of particles, paste, or liquid. Different patterns emerge in the exitatory medium depending on the geometry of the plate and the driving frequency)

There are videos which actually show Cymatics which can help you in your study of Mantras and can be a very interesting part of your research I feel.

Thank You,

Dear Anahatanada,

The fact within brackets...(Which I later found out to be false) is very pertinent.

In mythological subjects like Mantra, Tantra and Occult etc. we hear astonishing stories but very rare eye-witnesses. No scientific evidences.

I feel, any one like me, you or others who have faith in the power of mantras etc. should pick at least one mantra with which one is very confident about pre-requisites etc., and undertake experiment in a scientific manner.

Thanks a lot for sharing the link about Sri Yantra.

If we like to study about the mantras, effects of mantras, etc. then the books, and other literature can help better than common people of this forum. Here, as I saw, some are seekers, some are doers, and some are experienced people. These people can only give their personal experiences. Also, in mantra sadhana, there certain things can not be discussed among strangers and there are some other such rules applies too. So for survey / research purpose to provide valuable and sacred information is not suitable. This is just my opinion as a sadhak. Sadhana is the subject to practice or doing, there is no other way. If you want to do research or study you have to get into by yourself, practice mantras for many years and find out the facts first hand. That will be a real study or research.

bmsuthar

Suthar Ji,

Let me reproduce below the last para of my post

"I want suggestions and help in following :

1. Suggestions in addition/deletion of details to be collected
  2. Suggestion about methodology for the research
  3. Suggestion about an institute who can sponsor the project
  4. How to collect genuine data
  5. Volunteers for the project
  6. Net resources e.g. formulating the data collectiong form, uploading on a website, processing of data and analytical tools

Please interact.

Your support in any form would be a valuable contribution in furthering our cultural heritage."

Thank U for at least you have included people 'seekers, doers and experienced'

Now, tell me is it wrong to put my appeal here ?

--VibhutiGanesh

hi vibhutiGanesh,

Good to know what you are trying to do. I was interested in your experiment but am very busy with my job. Please contact "Narayan Mantra Sadhana" Jodhpur, I am sure they'll allow some one from there to conduct your experiment and observation.

All the best.

Hello Sir,

I have read books on YANTRA and Tantra but not specifically on Mantra. In the books which I have read there are many mentions of Mantras and their usage.

One famous book is Madhu Khanna's - Yantra- The Tantric Symbol of Cosmic Unity. Where he shows some images of Sri Yantra formed by chanting Mantras.(Which I later found out to be false). But anyways the book is very good and authoritative about many facts about Yantras.

The book you mentioned is also not very practical. There is one book called The Secret Power of Lists. This book uses mantra and has practical instructions. Also a newer book called Yantra, Mantra and Tantrism: A complete guide has been very useful to me. The author is Deepak Rana and is very learned in these matters.

Sri VibhutiGaneshji:

After I replied long ago and saw that not many people tried to give you much information. I thought let me give you some more things to look into about mantras.

First, Mantras has their own drasta rishi, devata, chhanda, and the purpose of the chanting and in case of puruscharan, there is the number of chants. Then it comes, kar(hand) nyas and ang (body) nyas. Then it comes Dhyana Mantra which describe the devata of the mantra to visualize during the chanting of the mantra.

Now Mantra has some different ways to chant. First is straight, the way it is given. Second is reverse mantras i.e. from last letter to first letter. Here you need to know some grammer rules of sanskrit language for the combined letters or words to separate. Reverse mantra has 2 ways to chant, one is called Ajant Vilom and another is Halant Vilom. There is a special way to chant. Religions of mantra vignan says reverse chanting of the mantra gives multi fold returns or mantra gives fruits faster. Then another further chanting procedure is called Vishleshan. This is very very effective method or the best chanting method. These methods are not known in general public, some times good mantra sadhanks also do not know about this.

After mastering these methods, sadhak has to chang each word or each letter of the word of the mantra in vyapak nyaas.

I believe, this information should be enough to start your search or look for more information besides you have listed in your question.

bmsuthar

Really looking forward on learning of Mantra and their effects.

I know effect of Chanting "OM" mantra. It is scientifically proved that there is no other word other than OM which lights up 80% of brain cells.

The moment we chant "OM", 80% of our brain cells gets activated.

Sri VibhutiGaneshji:

After I replied long ago and saw that not many people tried to give you much information. I thought let me give you some more things to look into about mantras.

First, Mantras has their own drasta rishi, devata, chhanda, and the purpose of the chanting and in case of puruscharan, there is the number of chants. Then it comes, kar(hand) nyas and ang (body) nyas. Then it comes Dhyana Mantra which describe the devata of the mantra to visualize during the chanting of the mantra.

Now Mantra has some different ways to chant. First is straight, the way it is given. Second is reverse mantras i.e. from last letter to first letter. Here you need to know some grammer rules of sanskrit language for the combined letters or words to separate. Reverse mantra has 2 ways to chant, one is called Ajant Vilom and another is Halant Vilom. There is a special way to chant. Religions of mantra vignan says reverse chanting of the mantra gives multi fold returns or mantra gives fruits faster. Then another further chanting procedure is called Vishleshan. This is very very effective method or the best chanting method. These methods are not known in general public, some times good mantra sadhanks also do not know about this.

After mastering these methods, sadhak has to chang each word or each letter of the word of the mantra in vyapak nyaas.

I believe, this information should be enough to start your search or look for more information besides you have listed in your question.

bmsuthar

Thank you Mr Suthar.

I am impressed with your providing information.\

The site was dormant.. and has been put to activation only now. This is the reason, I am writing back to you after such a long time. Hope, you appreciate this.

Would be thankful if you can suggest an authentic book that would give all procedure. Is it possible ?

Regards

This site looks like it is working again. I continue to do more reading and still have not found anything more practical than the book I mentioned in an earlier post. In particular I can give the example of one mantra I have used which has taken nearly one year to bring a good result (I wanted success in getting a well paid job in a particular city). Now my job makes me too busy to give much effort to applying mantra for something else. But at the moment I am content in what I have got from applying the practical method. Anyway good luck!