clothing dilemma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little

over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned

before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same

time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering

me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.

Thanks,

Linda

Guest guest

well, since you had them before you went vegan..i would

keep using them and slowly fade them out

certainly wouldn't buy any new dead critter clothes...

but...

you already have them....

and, i doubt very many people could afford to buy an entirely new wardrobe from

the get go....

fraggle

>lnellhaus <lnellhaus

>Jan 22, 2007 9:15 AM

>

> clothing dilemma

>

>Hi,

>

>I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little

>over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned

>before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same

>time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering

>me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.

>

>Thanks,

>Linda

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hello - welcome to VeganChat.

Carry on wearing the leather and wool until they wear out. Throwing them

out would not help anything. Use them up, and then see what you can get

that is not vegan.

Jo

-

" lnellhaus " <lnellhaus

Monday, January 22, 2007 5:15 PM

clothing dilemma

> Hi,

>

> I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little

> over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned

> before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same

> time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering

> me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.

>

> Thanks,

> Linda

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

sorry fraggle i don't agree with you there ... linda your now vegan yes ? say bye bye bye bye to them you feel so much better for it . fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: well, since you had them before you went vegan..i wouldkeep using them and slowly fade them outcertainly wouldn't buy any new dead critter clothes...but...you already have them....and, i doubt very many people could afford to buy an entirely new wardrobe

from the get go....fraggle>lnellhaus <lnellhaus >>Jan 22, 2007 9:15 AM> > clothing dilemma>>Hi,>>I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little >over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned >before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same >time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering >me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.>>Thanks,>Linda>>>>To send an email to - >

Links>>>"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." -- Dwight Eisenhower

Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing.

Guest guest

sorry jo you have lost this on . she is now VEGAN so she needs to say bye bye bye bye to the stuffjo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hello - welcome to VeganChat.Carry on wearing the leather and wool until they wear out. Throwing themout would not help anything. Use them up, and then see what you can getthat is not vegan.Jo-"lnellhaus" <lnellhaus >Monday, January 22, 2007 5:15 PM clothing dilemma> Hi,>> I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little> over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned> before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same> time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering> me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.>> Thanks,> Linda>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Hi Louis

You do have a turn of phrase that annoys people, don't you! Do you

do it on purpose or is it an accident?

I don't think I have lost. I think your logic is faulty on this

occasion.

It is sensible to use up what you have. It is wasteful to throw

something away just because it is not exactly what you now want.

Would it help the animals to be thrown away now? I don't see how you

can advocate wasting anything in this age where we are trying to get

everyone to be frugal and recycle. Even PETA hand out old fur coats

to keep the homeless warm.

When the old leather clothes have worn out, that is the time to buy

new vegan clothes.

Jo

, louis stott <lsstott wrote:

>

> sorry jo

> you have lost this on . she is now VEGAN so she needs to say bye

bye bye bye to the stuff

>

> jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

> Hello - welcome to VeganChat.

>

> Carry on wearing the leather and wool until they wear out. Throwing

them

> out would not help anything. Use them up, and then see what you can

get

> that is not vegan.

>

> Jo

>

> -

> " lnellhaus " <lnellhaus

>

> Monday, January 22, 2007 5:15 PM

> clothing dilemma

>

> > Hi,

> >

> > I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little

> > over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I

owned

> > before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the

same

> > time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been

bothering

> > me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.

> >

> > Thanks,

> > Linda

> >

> >

> >

> > To send an email to -

> >

Guest guest

hi jo i do see sort off see your point here but what i call vegan and what you call vegan are 2 diffite things . may i ask what you call and vegan ? i will then tell you i call a vegan . and please xplan what you mean the 1st part of your reply to me . i thout this was a CHAT SITE heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi LouisYou do have a turn of phrase that annoys people, don't you! Do you do it on purpose or is it an accident?I don't think I have lost. I think your logic is

faulty on this occasion. It is sensible to use up what you have. It is wasteful to throw something away just because it is not exactly what you now want. Would it help the animals to be thrown away now? I don't see how you can advocate wasting anything in this age where we are trying to get everyone to be frugal and recycle. Even PETA hand out old fur coats to keep the homeless warm.When the old leather clothes have worn out, that is the time to buy new vegan clothes.Jo , louis stott <lsstott wrote:>> sorry jo > you have lost this on . she is now VEGAN so she needs to say bye bye bye bye to the stuff> > jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> Hello - welcome to VeganChat.> > Carry on wearing the leather and wool until they wear out. Throwing

them> out would not help anything. Use them up, and then see what you can get> that is not vegan.> > Jo> > -> "lnellhaus" <lnellhaus> > Monday, January 22, 2007 5:15 PM> clothing dilemma> > > Hi,> >> > I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little> > over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned> > before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same> > time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering> > me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.> >> > Thanks,> > Linda> >> >> >>

> To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

Hi Linda ---

I know whatcha mean about it being a dilemma. I have been getting

rid of my dead animal clothes as I can afford it but have not been

able to do a clean sweep. I don't have negative feelings about it

because I'm doing this as fast as I can and that's all I can do. The

only thing I can't get rid of yet are the leather seats in our new

Truck. We've been thinking about buying a dune buggy so maybe it's

finally time.

Blessings,

*mona

In , louis stott <lsstott wrote:

>

> sorry fraggle

> i don't agree with you there ...

>

> linda

> your now vegan yes ? say bye bye bye bye to them you feel so

much better for it .

>

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

> well, since you had them before you went vegan..i would

> keep using them and slowly fade them out

> certainly wouldn't buy any new dead critter clothes...

> but...

> you already have them....

> and, i doubt very many people could afford to buy an entirely new

wardrobe from the get go....

> fraggle

>

>

> >lnellhaus <lnellhaus

> >Jan 22, 2007 9:15 AM

> >

> > clothing dilemma

> >

> >Hi,

> >

> >I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a

little

> >over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I

owned

> >before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the

same

> >time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been

bothering

> >me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.

> >

> >Thanks,

> >Linda

> >

> >

> >

> >To send an email to -

> >

Guest guest

I just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback on the clothes. And going forward, does anyone have any good suggestions for warm winter coats or jackets that aren't made from down, leather or wool? I appreciate the suggestions! thanks! Linda

We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

Guest guest

If you are a new vegan and have some non-vegan items left it is wisest and most prudent to use them up/wear them out before discarding them to go into landfill - of which there is too much already.

My comment was on your first sentence telling me that I am 'lost on this one'. The fact that I disagree with you does not make me wrong and you right, and your tone is overbearing and patronising.

Jo

-

louis stott

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:49 AM

Re: Re: clothing dilemma

hi jo

i do see sort off see your point here but what i call vegan and what you call vegan are 2 diffite things . may i ask what you call and vegan ? i will then tell you i call a vegan . and please xplan what you mean the 1st part of your reply to me . i thout this was a CHAT SITE heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi LouisYou do have a turn of phrase that annoys people, don't you! Do you do it on purpose or is it an accident?I don't think I have lost. I think your logic is faulty on this occasion. It is sensible to use up what you have. It is wasteful to throw something away just because it is not exactly what you now want. Would it help the animals to be thrown away now? I don't see how you can advocate wasting anything in this age where we are trying to get everyone to be frugal and recycle. Even PETA hand out old fur coats to keep the homeless warm.When the old leather clothes have worn out, that is the time to buy new vegan clothes.Jo , louis stott <lsstott wrote:>> sorry jo > you have lost this on . she is now VEGAN so she needs to say bye bye bye bye to the stuff> > jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> Hello - welcome to VeganChat.> > Carry on wearing the leather and wool until they wear out. Throwing them> out would not help anything. Use them up, and then see what you can get> that is not vegan.> > Jo> > -> "lnellhaus" <lnellhaus> > Monday, January 22, 2007 5:15 PM> clothing dilemma> > > Hi,> >> > I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little> > over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned> > before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same> > time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering> > me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.> >> > Thanks,> > Linda> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

jo so whats point of namein this chat room ? it should be renamed too vegan & veg_chat please tell me what you call a vegan ?jo <jo.heartwork wrote: If you are a new vegan and have some non-vegan items left it is wisest and most prudent to use them up/wear them out before discarding them to go into landfill - of which there is too much already. My comment was on your first sentence telling me that I am 'lost on this one'. The fact that I disagree with you does not make me wrong and you right, and your tone is overbearing and patronising. Jo - louis stott Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:49 AM Re: Re: clothing dilemma

hi jo i do see sort off see your point here but what i call vegan and what you call vegan are 2 diffite things . may i ask what you call and vegan ? i will then tell you i call a vegan . and please xplan what you mean the 1st part of your reply to me . i thout this was a CHAT SITE heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hi LouisYou do have a turn of phrase that annoys people, don't you! Do you do it on purpose or is it an accident?I don't think I have lost. I think your logic is faulty on this occasion. It is sensible to use up what you have. It is wasteful to throw something away just because it is not exactly what you now want. Would it help the animals to be thrown away now? I don't see how you

can advocate wasting anything in this age where we are trying to get everyone to be frugal and recycle. Even PETA hand out old fur coats to keep the homeless warm.When the old leather clothes have worn out, that is the time to buy new vegan clothes.Jo , louis stott <lsstott wrote:>> sorry jo > you have lost this on . she is now VEGAN so she needs to say bye bye bye bye to the stuff> > jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> Hello - welcome to VeganChat.> > Carry on wearing the leather and wool until they wear out. Throwing them> out would not help anything. Use them up, and then see what you can get> that is not vegan.> > Jo> > -> "lnellhaus" <lnellhaus> To:

> Monday, January 22, 2007 5:15 PM> clothing dilemma> > > Hi,> >> > I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little> > over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned> > before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same> > time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering> > me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.> >> > Thanks,> > Linda> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

hi mona like i said to jo . how can you call your self vegan ? your not vegan your veg becos you have leather in your truck i have a new name for this chat room it should bee vegan & veg_chat *mona <ahnochirah wrote: Hi Linda --- I know whatcha mean about it being a dilemma. I have been getting rid of my dead animal clothes as I can afford it but have not been able to do a clean sweep. I don't have

negative feelings about it because I'm doing this as fast as I can and that's all I can do. The only thing I can't get rid of yet are the leather seats in our new Truck. We've been thinking about buying a dune buggy so maybe it's finally time.Blessings,*monaIn , louis stott <lsstott wrote:>> sorry fraggle > i don't agree with you there ... > > linda > your now vegan yes ? say bye bye bye bye to them you feel so much better for it .> > > fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:> well, since you had them before you went vegan..i would> keep using them and slowly fade them out> certainly wouldn't buy any new dead critter clothes...> but...> you already have them....> and, i doubt very many people could afford to buy an entirely new

wardrobe from the get go....> fraggle> > > >lnellhaus <lnellhaus> >Jan 22, 2007 9:15 AM> > > > clothing dilemma> >> >Hi,> >> >I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little > >over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned > >before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same > >time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering > >me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.> >> >Thanks,> >Linda> >> >> >> >To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

To me waste is worse than good intentions. As long as you have not bought anything made from animals since being vegan, then I think that there is nothing wrong in either wearing what you have until it is worn out, or give to a charity shop if you can afford to replace them. The Valley Vegan....................lnellhaus <lnellhaus wrote: Hi,I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather

coats I owned before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.Thanks,LindaPeter H

Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing.

Guest guest

C,mon now, we have already established that Louis has a problem phrasing his replies and that they are not always as they appear. Maybe he meant "you have lost ME on this one" and left the ME out? No-one is right or wrong here, there is only opinion and personal belief. The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: If you are a new vegan and have some non-vegan items left it is wisest and most prudent to use them

up/wear them out before discarding them to go into landfill - of which there is too much already. My comment was on your first sentence telling me that I am 'lost on this one'. The fact that I disagree with you does not make me wrong and you right, and your tone is overbearing and patronising. Jo - louis stott Sent:

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:49 AM Re: Re: clothing dilemma hi jo i do see sort off see your point here but what i call vegan and what you call vegan are 2 diffite things . may i ask what you call and vegan ? i will then tell you i call a vegan . and please xplan what you mean the 1st part of your reply to me . i thout this was a CHAT SITE heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hi LouisYou do have a turn of phrase that annoys people, don't you! Do you do it on purpose or is it an accident?I don't think I have lost. I think your logic is faulty on this occasion. It is sensible to use up what you have. It is wasteful to throw something

away just because it is not exactly what you now want. Would it help the animals to be thrown away now? I don't see how you can advocate wasting anything in this age where we are trying to get everyone to be frugal and recycle. Even PETA hand out old fur coats to keep the homeless warm.When the old leather clothes have worn out, that is the time to buy new vegan clothes.Jo , louis stott <lsstott wrote:>> sorry jo > you have lost this on . she is now VEGAN so she needs to say bye bye bye bye to the stuff> > jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> Hello - welcome to VeganChat.> > Carry on wearing the leather and wool until they wear out. Throwing them> out would not help anything. Use them up, and then see what you can get> that is not

vegan.> > Jo> > -> "lnellhaus" <lnellhaus> > Monday, January 22, 2007 5:15 PM> clothing dilemma> > > Hi,> >> > I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little> > over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned> > before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same> > time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering> > me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.> >> > Thanks,> > Linda> >> >> >> > To send an email to - > >

Guest guest

There are loads of man made winter coats ( the types outdoors centres sell with body warmers in), and loads of imitation leather/plastic jackets out there. I take more time than others in understanding some things, but I do not care. There is a limit to man's progress in intelligence; but the development of the qualities of the heart knows no bounds. M K Gandhi The Valley Vegan.............. Linda N <lnellhaus wrote: I just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback on the clothes. And going forward, does anyone have any good suggestions for warm winter coats or jackets that aren't made from down, leather or wool? I appreciate the suggestions! thanks! Linda We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love(and love to hate): TV's Guilty Pleasures list. Peter H

All New Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.

Guest guest

Louis, I hope that was a typo - you have lost on this not very friendly is it? The Valley Vegan............louis stott <lsstott wrote: sorry jo you have lost this on . she is now VEGAN so she needs to say bye bye bye bye to the stuffjo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hello

- welcome to VeganChat.Carry on wearing the leather and wool until they wear out. Throwing themout would not help anything. Use them up, and then see what you can getthat is not vegan.Jo-"lnellhaus" <lnellhaus >Monday, January 22, 2007 5:15 PM clothing dilemma> Hi,>> I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little> over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned> before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same> time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering> me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.>> Thanks,>

Linda>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

hi peter w i ow you a thank you . so thank you , i think you are the only one what knows i find it with my replys peter VV <swpgh01 wrote: To me waste is worse than good intentions. As long as you have not bought anything made from animals since being vegan, then I think that there is nothing wrong in either wearing what you have until it is worn out, or give to a charity shop if you can afford to replace them. The Valley

Vegan....................lnellhaus <lnellhaus > wrote: Hi,I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.Thanks,Linda Peter H Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing.

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

Guest guest

well please tell me what you call a vegan then ? i got a new name for this group . it should be renamed vegan@veg_chat peter VV <swpgh01 wrote: Louis, I hope that was a typo - you have lost on this not very friendly is it? The Valley Vegan............louis stott <lsstott (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote: sorry jo you have lost this on . she is now VEGAN so she needs to say bye bye bye bye to the stuffjo <jo.heartwork > wrote: Hello - welcome to VeganChat.Carry on wearing the leather and wool until they wear out. Throwing themout would not help anything. Use them up, and then see what you can getthat is not vegan.Jo-"lnellhaus" <lnellhaus >Monday, January 22, 2007 5:15 PM clothing dilemma> Hi,>> I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan

diet for a little> over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned> before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same> time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering> me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.>> Thanks,> Linda>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

hi jo,

I agree with Louis,

that person can wear furs and leather until they wear out.

but they should call themselves vegetarian, since

the true definition of a vegan is one who abstains from

animal products.

We also have to bear in my that if someone says they are

vegan and then a meat-eater sees them wearing leather or fur,

then they might be called a hipocrite.

It is best to model behavior and set example to carnivores, they are

looking at the

first opportunity to find flaw in us.

I personally would not feel comfortable wearing animal skin.

-anouk

, " heartwerk " <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> Hi Louis

>

> You do have a turn of phrase that annoys people, don't you! Do you

> do it on purpose or is it an accident?

>

> I don't think I have lost. I think your logic is faulty on this

> occasion.

>

> It is sensible to use up what you have. It is wasteful to throw

> something away just because it is not exactly what you now want.

> Would it help the animals to be thrown away now? I don't see how you

> can advocate wasting anything in this age where we are trying to get

> everyone to be frugal and recycle. Even PETA hand out old fur coats

> to keep the homeless warm.

>

> When the old leather clothes have worn out, that is the time to buy

> new vegan clothes.

>

> Jo

>

> , louis stott <lsstott@> wrote:

> >

> > sorry jo

> > you have lost this on . she is now VEGAN so she needs to say bye

> bye bye bye to the stuff

> >

>

Guest guest

I know what you mean, mona,

my husbands car has leather seats,

it is a german car and

it feels icky to sit on them.

I especially hate the implication in our society that

leather is " luxurious "

-anouk

, " *mona " <ahnochirah wrote:

>

> Hi Linda ---

>

> I know whatcha mean about it being a dilemma. I have been getting

> rid of my dead animal clothes as I can afford it but have not been

> able to do a clean sweep. I don't have negative feelings about it

> because I'm doing this as fast as I can and that's all I can do. The

> only thing I can't get rid of yet are the leather seats in our new

> Truck. We've been thinking about buying a dune buggy so maybe it's

> finally time.

>

> Blessings,

> *mona

>

> In , louis stott <lsstott@> wrote:

> >

> > sorry fraggle

> > i don't agree with you there ...

> >

> > linda

> > your now vegan yes ? say bye bye bye bye to them you feel so

> much better for it .

> >

> >

> > fraggle <EBbrewpunx@> wrote:

> > well, since you had them before you went vegan..i would

> > keep using them and slowly fade them out

> > certainly wouldn't buy any new dead critter clothes...

> > but...

> > you already have them....

> > and, i doubt very many people could afford to buy an entirely new

> wardrobe from the get go....

> > fraggle

> >

> >

> > >lnellhaus <lnellhaus@>

> > >Jan 22, 2007 9:15 AM

> > >

> > > clothing dilemma

> > >

> > >Hi,

> > >

> > >I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a

> little

> > >over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I

> owned

> > >before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the

> same

> > >time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been

> bothering

> > >me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.

> > >

> > >Thanks,

> > >Linda

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >To send an email to -

>

> > >

Guest guest

there are charities that use

people's old fur coats and use them

on abandoned baby animals

as a source of comfort and warmth.

one of them is the humane society,

the fashion industry wants people to think that leather is just

another fabric.

but reality is, it is someone's skin, just like the nazi's made

lamps out of Jewish people's skin.

I suppose that if the animal died of old age in a peaceful way,

then I would have less of a problem with it.

-anouk

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> To me waste is worse than good intentions. As long as you have not

bought anything made from animals since being vegan, then I think that

there is nothing wrong in either wearing what you have until it is

worn out, or give to a charity shop if you can afford to replace them.

>

> The Valley Vegan....................

>

> lnellhaus <lnellhaus wrote:

> Hi,

>

Guest guest

hi anouk thank you . at least someone understands what I'm trying to say .. so in my book shes veg not vegan yet . hi jo please try to understand my replys a bit more you know i find it hard to phrasing my replysflower child <zurumato wrote: hi jo, I agree with Louis, that person can wear furs and leather until they wear out. but they should call themselves vegetarian, sincethe true definition of a vegan is

one who abstains from animal products. We also have to bear in my that if someone says they are vegan and then a meat-eater sees them wearing leather or fur,then they might be called a hipocrite. It is best to model behavior and set example to carnivores, they arelooking at the first opportunity to find flaw in us. I personally would not feel comfortable wearing animal skin. -anouk , "heartwerk" <jo.heartwork wrote:>> Hi Louis> > You do have a turn of phrase that annoys people, don't you! Do you > do it on purpose or is it an accident?> > I don't think I have lost. I think your logic is faulty on this > occasion. > > It is sensible to use up what you have. It is wasteful to throw > something away just because it is not exactly what you

now want. > Would it help the animals to be thrown away now? I don't see how you > can advocate wasting anything in this age where we are trying to get > everyone to be frugal and recycle. Even PETA hand out old fur coats > to keep the homeless warm.> > When the old leather clothes have worn out, that is the time to buy > new vegan clothes.> > Jo> > , louis stott <lsstott@> wrote:> >> > sorry jo > > you have lost this on . she is now VEGAN so she needs to say bye > bye bye bye to the stuff> > >

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Mail Championship.

Guest guest

Hi Linda

>I'm a fairly new vegan. I've been eating a vegan diet for a little

>over a year now. But, I still wear the wool and leather coats I owned

>before I went vegan. I feel awful about wearing them, but at the same

>time I feel like I shouldn't waste the clothing. It's been bothering

>me a lot and would appreciate any feedback you all have.

I reckon this is something everyone goes through when they first go vegan. I went for a fairly " middle road " . Everything that I could easily give away I did (so my leather wallet went within a couple of days!). More expensive items like shoes, I continued to wear until they wore out. In fact, 8 years after going vegan, I still have a suit which is 40% wool, which I've had since before I was vegan.

I take the view that the animal has already suffered, and throwing out the item concerned isn't going to help that animal now, and it's just going to increase the huge amount of waste that our society produces. For me the point of being vegan is to stop contributing to cruelty - I can't change what I did before I went vegan, but I can live in a way that will make my future less harmful.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Louis

>your now vegan yes ? say bye bye bye bye to them you feel so much better for it .

See, I have a bit of a problem with this sort of attitude. You seem to be taking the view that anything which was produced or developed by a method with which we now have an ethical issue should be thrown out. In which case, I have to ask - do you support the way in which Auschwitz was run, or are you going to say bye bye bye bye to your PC?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Linda

>I just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback on the clothes. And going forward, does

> anyone have any good suggestions for warm winter coats or jackets that aren't made from >down, leather or wool? I appreciate the suggestions!

Depends where you are. If you're in the UK, might be worth looking at Ethical Wares. Although just thinking about it, I'm pretty sure my winter coat came from BHS, and is animal free... if you're not in the UK, then I'm afraid I don't know!

BB

Peter