IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Dining out-rant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have to say I think by me being a vegan it has made it harder for a meat eater to be my friend for socializing sake,I think its foolish but others might feel uncomfy hanging out w/ me cause they think I might try to change them(I wouldn't do that),but I can something get preachy if asked some questions though,so no family has disowned me,but I have to say I might of lost a few friends or not made friends due to it-there loss.peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote: Welcome to the art of compasion. Love will find its way, as you said you cant disown your family just because you disagree with them, and change your lifestyle. Sorry, as everyone knows I am just a big softy! The Valley Vegan...............Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote: Someone at work asked me if I'd date someone who atemeat. That's a good question and I'm still thinkingabout it. I'm inclined to think not, because thisvalue is so important to me; however, I'm not reallysure to be honest with you (I don't want to getmarried again, so that wasn't an issue). My extendedfamily are all omnivors to varying extents and Ihaven't disowned any of them. I'd hate to think thatwhat someone ate was the only thing I valued aboutthem. It doesn't feel peaceful to me to discriminateon this, so I still need to figure this one out. Ithink my value for nondiscrimination is stronger thanmy value about being vegan, or maybe the two valuesare equally as strong. I hope I figure it out beforeI die and it won't matter anymore. :-) Susan--- earthstrm wrote:> Hi Jo> > Very well

said, thank you! As someone in the> situation of living > with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a> Father who is my > role model and a carnivore and who knows not one> soul nearby who is > a vegan, I can completely relate to your post.> > BB> Nikki :)> > , "jo"> wrote:> >> > Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating> animals - NO. > Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating> animals - NO. > Would Peter or our daughter expect Colin and I to> part company over > a change of diet, even if we wished it was> different? Would I > disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.> > > > Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it> shouldn't rob > us of our compassion and feeling for others. > > > > As you

pointed out when you posted about the vegan> vixens - you > knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't matter> whether I am right > or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like> most people think > eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you> because you like > something I think differently about? > > > > To me being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as> eating meat - > should I not mix with people who have been> unfaithful, or insist > that if they are in my house they will not be> unfaithful or use > different dishes to me? I think not, because these> people have > different ways of looking at things, just as meat> eaters do.> > > > Jo> > > > > ________ DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less.

dsl.

Guest guest

My first hubby when I met him ate everything then after the 2year mark he became a lacto/ovo veg.,the hubby I am married to now is a full on meat eater(will never change-sure he does have 2-3days a week he eat no meat)I never thought I would ever fall in love w/ a meat eater,but I have found a great/carring man that loves and respects my eating as I him,so why be alone in life if you don't have to be.Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote: Someone at work asked me if I'd date someone who atemeat. That's a good question and I'm still thinkingabout it. I'm inclined to think not, because thisvalue is so important to me; however, I'm not reallysure to be honest with you (I don't want to getmarried again, so that wasn't an issue). My extendedfamily are all omnivors to varying extents and Ihaven't

disowned any of them. I'd hate to think thatwhat someone ate was the only thing I valued aboutthem. It doesn't feel peaceful to me to discriminateon this, so I still need to figure this one out. Ithink my value for nondiscrimination is stronger thanmy value about being vegan, or maybe the two valuesare equally as strong. I hope I figure it out beforeI die and it won't matter anymore. :-) Susan--- earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:> Hi Jo> > Very well said, thank you! As someone in the> situation of living > with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a> Father who is my > role model and a carnivore and who knows not one> soul nearby who is > a vegan, I can completely relate to your post.> > BB> Nikki :)> > , "jo"> <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:> >>

> Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating> animals - NO. > Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating> animals - NO. > Would Peter or our daughter expect Colin and I to> part company over > a change of diet, even if we wished it was> different? Would I > disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.> > > > Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it> shouldn't rob > us of our compassion and feeling for others. > > > > As you pointed out when you posted about the vegan> vixens - you > knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't matter> whether I am right > or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like> most people think > eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you> because you like > something I think differently about? > > > > To me

being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as> eating meat - > should I not mix with people who have been> unfaithful, or insist > that if they are in my house they will not be> unfaithful or use > different dishes to me? I think not, because these> people have > different ways of looking at things, just as meat> eaters do.> > > > Jo> > > > > ________ DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.

Shopping Find Great Deals on Gifts at Shopping

Guest guest

Hi Nikki

I always think it wise to keep a sense of porportion. One of the things I

can never understand is that some people love cats, birds of prey, tigers

etc. who kill and eat other animals, but cannot forgive humans for doing the

same.

BB

Jo

-

" earthstrm " <earthstorm

Saturday, December 03, 2005 1:46 PM

Re: Dining out-rant

> Hi Jo

>

> Very well said, thank you! As someone in the situation of living

> with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a Father who is my

> role model and a carnivore and who knows not one soul nearby who is

> a vegan, I can completely relate to your post.

>

> BB

> Nikki :)

>

> , " jo " <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> >

> > Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating animals - NO.

> Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating animals - NO.

> Would Peter or our daughter expect Colin and I to part company over

> a change of diet, even if we wished it was different? Would I

> disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.

> >

> > Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it shouldn't rob

> us of our compassion and feeling for others.

> >

> > As you pointed out when you posted about the vegan vixens - you

> knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't matter whether I am right

> or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like most people think

> eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you because you like

> something I think differently about?

> >

> > To me being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as eating meat -

> should I not mix with people who have been unfaithful, or insist

> that if they are in my house they will not be unfaithful or use

> different dishes to me? I think not, because these people have

> different ways of looking at things, just as meat eaters do.

> >

> > Jo

>

To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hi Susan

Maybe I am too fussy because there are lots of types of behaviour I don't

like, so if I removed myself from the company of these people I probably

wouldn't mix with anyone except Colin. On the whole it is easier to realise

that people all have different values, and not everyone agrees with you, and

then decide whether you like the people despit their 'faults'.

Jo

-

" Susan " <oceanfest_2000

Saturday, December 03, 2005 5:13 PM

Re: Re: Dining out-rant

> Someone at work asked me if I'd date someone who ate

> meat. That's a good question and I'm still thinking

> about it. I'm inclined to think not, because this

> value is so important to me; however, I'm not really

> sure to be honest with you (I don't want to get

> married again, so that wasn't an issue). My extended

> family are all omnivors to varying extents and I

> haven't disowned any of them. I'd hate to think that

> what someone ate was the only thing I valued about

> them. It doesn't feel peaceful to me to discriminate

> on this, so I still need to figure this one out. I

> think my value for nondiscrimination is stronger than

> my value about being vegan, or maybe the two values

> are equally as strong. I hope I figure it out before

> I die and it won't matter anymore. :-) Susan

>

> --- earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:

>

> > Hi Jo

> >

> > Very well said, thank you! As someone in the

> > situation of living

> > with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a

> > Father who is my

> > role model and a carnivore and who knows not one

> > soul nearby who is

> > a vegan, I can completely relate to your post.

> >

> > BB

> > Nikki :)

> >

> > , " jo "

> > <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> > >

> > > Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating

> > animals - NO.

> > Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating

> > animals - NO.

> > Would Peter or our daughter expect Colin and I to

> > part company over

> > a change of diet, even if we wished it was

> > different? Would I

> > disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.

> > >

> > > Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it

> > shouldn't rob

> > us of our compassion and feeling for others.

> > >

> > > As you pointed out when you posted about the vegan

> > vixens - you

> > knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't matter

> > whether I am right

> > or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like

> > most people think

> > eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you

> > because you like

> > something I think differently about?

> > >

> > > To me being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as

> > eating meat -

> > should I not mix with people who have been

> > unfaithful, or insist

> > that if they are in my house they will not be

> > unfaithful or use

> > different dishes to me? I think not, because these

> > people have

> > different ways of looking at things, just as meat

> > eaters do.

> > >

> > > Jo

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> ________

> DSL - Something to write home about.

> Just $16.99/mo. or less.

> dsl.

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Precisely Peter - and would we like it if the rest of the world said they didn't want anything to do with us because we don't eat meat?

Jo

-

peter hurd

Saturday, December 03, 2005 6:19 PM

At the risk of agreeing too much with Jo this week ( only joking) she talks a lot of sense.

Remember, think of it as a two way street. Did anyone disown you when you went veggie/vegan?

The Valley Vegan.............earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:

Hi JoVery well said, thank you! As someone in the situation of living with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a Father who is my role model and a carnivore and who knows not one soul nearby who is a vegan, I can completely relate to your post.BBNikki :) , "jo" wrote:>> Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating animals - NO. Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating animals - NO. Would Peter or our daughter expect Colin and I to part company over a change of diet, even if we wished it was different? Would I disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.> > Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it shouldn't rob us of our compassion and feeling for others. > > As you pointed out when you posted about the vegan vixens - you knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't matter whether I am right or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like most people think eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you because you like something I think differently about? > > To me being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as eating meat - should I not mix with people who have been unfaithful, or insist that if they are in my house they will not be unfaithful or use different dishes to me? I think not, because these people have different ways of looking at things, just as meat eaters do.> > Jo

Guest guest

That is my point - meat eaters have good points, and vegans have good points.

Jo

-

sandi gordon

Saturday, December 03, 2005 9:31 PM

My first hubby when I met him ate everything then after the 2year mark he became a lacto/ovo veg.,the hubby I am married to now is a full on meat eater(will never change-sure he does have 2-3days a week he eat no meat)I never thought I would ever fall in love w/ a meat eater,but I have found a great/carring man that loves and respects my eating as I him,so why be alone in life if you don't have to be.Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote: Someone at work asked me if I'd date someone who atemeat. That's a good question and I'm still thinkingabout it. I'm inclined to think not, because thisvalue is so important to me; however, I'm not reallysure to be honest with you (I don't want to getmarried again, so that wasn't an issue). My extendedfamily are all omnivors to varying extents and Ihaven't disowned any of them. I'd hate to think thatwhat someone ate was the only thing I valued aboutthem. It doesn't feel peaceful to me to discriminateon this, so I still need to figure this one out. Ithink my value for nondiscrimination is stronger thanmy value about being vegan, or maybe the two valuesare equally as strong. I hope I figure it out beforeI die and it won't matter anymore. :-) Susan--- earthstrm <earthstorm wrote:> Hi Jo> > Very well said, thank you! As someone in the> situation of living > with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a> Father who is my > role model and a carnivore and who knows not one> soul nearby who is > a vegan, I can completely relate to your post.> > BB> Nikki :)> > , "jo"> <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:> >> > Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating> animals - NO. > Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating> animals - NO. > Would Peter or our daughter expect Colin and I to> part company over > a change of diet, even if we wished it was> different? Would I > disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.> > > > Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it> shouldn't rob > us of our compassion and feeling for others. > > > > As you pointed out when you posted about the vegan> vixens - you > knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't matter> whether I am right > or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like> most people think > eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you> because you like > something I think differently about? > > > > To me being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as> eating meat - > should I not mix with people who have been> unfaithful, or insist > that if they are in my house they will not be> unfaithful or use > different dishes to me? I think not, because these> people have > different ways of looking at things, just as meat> eaters do.> > > > Jo> > > > > ________ DSL – Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less. dsl.

ShoppingFind Great Deals on Gifts at Shopping

Guest guest

Hi Jo

> Maybe I am too fussy because there are lots of types of behaviour I don't

> like, so if I removed myself from the company of these people I probably

> wouldn't mix with anyone except Colin.

Hey - I could take offense at that :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Sorry Peter

Colin, Peter and Laura :-)

I didn't mention you cos 'you're my son, and I love you' (Martin from

Frasier).

BB

Jo

-

" Peter " <metalscarab

Sunday, December 04, 2005 9:04 PM

> Hi Jo

>

> > Maybe I am too fussy because there are lots of types of behaviour I

don't

> > like, so if I removed myself from the company of these people I probably

> > wouldn't mix with anyone except Colin.

>

> Hey - I could take offense at that :-)

>

> BB

> Peter

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Hi Jo

> I didn't mention you cos 'you're my son, and I love you' (Martin from

> Frasier).

Hey - this is getting worse!!! ;-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

In this case, I think lightening would definitely

strike twice! He he

--- sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001

wrote:

> I have in my right ear 15earring and in my left

> 14earring

>

> Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote: There may

> be something to that; I stopped wearing

> pierced earings when I got to thinking more about

> that. The ear lobe is a pressure point. I read

> that

> Selenium also helps to move out the heavey metals.

> I

> think eating a diet rich in vitamins and minerals is

> a

> help as well. Susan

>

> --- jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> > There is a theory about wearing any metal may

> cause

> > disturbance to the

> > electrical fields of the body. I guess people who

> > feel this won't wear any

> > wedding rings or other jewellery or have

> piercings,

> > wear glasses with metal

> > frames etc.

> >

> > Vitamin C and Zinc and coriander are good for

> > transporting heavy metals out

> > of the body.

> >

> > Jo

> >

> > -

> > " Susan " <oceanfest_2000

> >

> > Friday, December 02, 2005 10:42 PM

> > Re: Re: Dining out-rant

> >

> >

> > > Yes, but I'm going ahead with it even though I'm

> > > really, really, afraid of dentists. Mercury

> does

> > not

> > > leave your body very fast; some mercury free

> > dentists

> > > also offer chelatian therapy to help move the

> > mercury

> > > out of your body faster. All I want to do at

> this

> > > point is get it out of my mouth. I also have a

> > gold

> > > crown to remove. Did you know those different

> > metals

> > > in your mouth set up a little electic current?

> > Maybe

> > > that would be a good alternative to using the

> > > utilities!

> > >

> > > --- peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

> > >

> > > > Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow

> > that is

> > > > hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I

> > have

> > > > had a gob full of the buggers for over 20

> years,

> > and

> > > > my sanity could be compared to a

> > > > milliner......................wot am I on

> about?

> > > > Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about

> the

> > > > mercury issue but I reckon I must have

> ingested

> > more

> > > > than 10 thermometers worth by now, so what the

> > hell.

> > > >

> > > > The Valley Vegan.............

> > > >

> > > > Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote:

> > > > My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot

> and

> > I

> > > > asked

> > > > him if he had about three hours to spare for

> the

> > > > answer! Speaking for healthy people (people

> > whose

> > > > health are compromised may have different

> > needs)I

> > > > believe people are relying too heavily on

> > > > vaccinations

> > > > (some are lifesaving, polio, for example

> during

> > the

> > > > epidemics)however; I prefer to consider offers

> > of

> > > > vaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up

> > basis.

> > > >

> > > > I think people should research the pros and

> cons

> > and

> > > > then decided. However, I feel that the flu

> > viruses

> > > > mutate so rapidly that what you may be

> protected

> > for

> > > > this week just may not be valuable next week.

> I

> > > > prefer to think that it's possible to improve

> > your

> > > > own

> > > > natural immunity enough to fight off most (if

> > not

> > > > all)infections (again, I am talking about

> > healthy

> > > > people). One thing I've decided to do towards

> > that

> > > > step is to remove all the amalgum fillings in

> my

> > > > mouth

> > > > due to the mercury. One book I read that

> > influenced

> > > > my decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth.

> > Research

> > > > was cited, but there were also anecdotal

> stories

> > as

> > > > well (which are something to think about if

> not

> > rely

> > > > upon). There were examples of people with MS

> > > > improving substantially after having the

> > amalgams

> > > > removed and some other examples as well.

> Anyway,

> > > > there are steps we can take to help improve

> our

> > > > immune

> > > > systems. I tend to think that what I was born

> > with

> > > > is

> > > > probably all the tools I need to live my life

> if

> > I

> > > > try

> > > > to take care of those tools. It's really a new

> > way

> > > > of

> > > > looking at things, what's old is new again!

> > > > Simplicity is looking more and more inviting.

> > > > Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I

> > plan

> > > > not

> > > > to renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk

> is

> > > > greater to get them than to not. For myself,

> > that

> > > > is.

> > > > Susan

> > > >

> > > > --- herbvalerian wrote:

> > > >

> > > > > I don't see why healthy people need flu

> jabs.

> > > > > And more to the point, does anyone?

> > > > >

> > > > > , peter

> hurd

> > > > > wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why would you need flu shots anyway, are

> you

> > > > > elderly, very young or have a serious

> > > > > medical condition which lessens you bodies

> > imune

> > > > > system in some way?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> >

> > > >

> > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> > > > protection around

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > To send an email to

> > > > -

> > > >

Guest guest

I pick up radio stations w/ my ears(sure)Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote: In this case, I think lightening would definitelystrike twice! He he --- sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001wrote:> I have in my right ear 15earring and in my left> 14earring > > Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote: There may> be something to that; I stopped wearing> pierced earings when I got to thinking more about> that. The ear lobe is a pressure point. I read> that> Selenium also helps to move out the heavey metals. > I> think eating a diet rich in vitamins and minerals is> a> help as well. Susan> > --- jo <jo.heartwork wrote:> > > There is

a theory about wearing any metal may> cause> > disturbance to the> > electrical fields of the body. I guess people who> > feel this won't wear any> > wedding rings or other jewellery or have> piercings,> > wear glasses with metal> > frames etc.> > > > Vitamin C and Zinc and coriander are good for> > transporting heavy metals out> > of the body.> > > > Jo> > > > -> > "Susan" <oceanfest_2000> > > > Friday, December 02, 2005 10:42 PM> > Re: Re: Dining out-rant> > > > > > > Yes, but I'm going ahead with it even though I'm> > > really, really, afraid of dentists. Mercury> does> > not> > > leave

your body very fast; some mercury free> > dentists> > > also offer chelatian therapy to help move the> > mercury> > > out of your body faster. All I want to do at> this> > > point is get it out of my mouth. I also have a> > gold> > > crown to remove. Did you know those different> > metals> > > in your mouth set up a little electic current? > > Maybe> > > that would be a good alternative to using the> > > utilities!> > >> > > --- peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:> > >> > > > Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow> > that is> > > > hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I> > have> > > > had a gob full of the buggers for over 20> years,> > and> > > > my sanity could be

compared to a> > > > milliner......................wot am I on> about?> > > > Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about> the> > > > mercury issue but I reckon I must have> ingested> > more> > > > than 10 thermometers worth by now, so what the> > hell.> > > >> > > > The Valley Vegan.............> > > >> > > > Susan <oceanfest_2000 wrote:> > > > My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot> and> > I> > > > asked> > > > him if he had about three hours to spare for> the> > > > answer! Speaking for healthy people (people> > whose> > > > health are compromised may have different> > needs)I> > > > believe people are relying too heavily

on> > > > vaccinations> > > > (some are lifesaving, polio, for example> during> > the> > > > epidemics)however; I prefer to consider offers> > of> > > > vaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up> > basis.> > > >> > > > I think people should research the pros and> cons> > and> > > > then decided. However, I feel that the flu> > viruses> > > > mutate so rapidly that what you may be> protected> > for> > > > this week just may not be valuable next week.> I> > > > prefer to think that it's possible to improve> > your> > > > own> > > > natural immunity enough to fight off most (if> > not> > > > all)infections (again, I am talking about> > healthy> > >

> people). One thing I've decided to do towards> > that> > > > step is to remove all the amalgum fillings in> my> > > > mouth> > > > due to the mercury. One book I read that> > influenced> > > > my decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth.> > Research> > > > was cited, but there were also anecdotal> stories> > as> > > > well (which are something to think about if> not> > rely> > > > upon). There were examples of people with MS> > > > improving substantially after having the> > amalgams> > > > removed and some other examples as well.> Anyway,> > > > there are steps we can take to help improve> our> > > > immune> > > > systems. I tend to think that what I was born> > with> > >

> is> > > > probably all the tools I need to live my life> if> > I> > > > try> > > > to take care of those tools. It's really a new> > way> > > > of> > > > looking at things, what's old is new again!> > > > Simplicity is looking more and more inviting.> > > > Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I> > plan> > > > not> > > > to renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk> is> > > > greater to get them than to not. For myself,> > that> > > > is.> > > > Susan> > > >> > > > --- herbvalerian wrote:> > > >> > > > > I don't see why healthy people need flu> jabs.> > > > > And more to the point, does anyone?> > > > >> >

> > > , peter> hurd> > > > > wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Why would you need flu shots anyway, are> you> > > > > elderly, very young or have a serious> > > > > medical condition which lessens you bodies> > imune> > > > > system in some way?> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam> > > > protection around> > > > > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > To send an email to> > > > - > > >

>

Guest guest

Hi Peter

No it's not - you (and everyone else) knows how much I admire you,

and I believe we were called 'weird' at one time because we agree on

so many things :-)

BB

Jo

, " Peter " <metalscarab@g...> wrote:

>

> Hi Jo

>

> > I didn't mention you cos 'you're my son, and I love you' (Martin

from

> > Frasier).

>

> Hey - this is getting worse!!! ;-)

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Guest guest

I hope they are ones you enjoy - or is it just little bursts here and

there?

Jo

, sandi gordon

<sandisweeti13132001> wrote:

>

> I pick up radio stations w/ my ears(sure)

>

> Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote: In this case, I think

lightening would definitely

> strike twice! He he

>

> --- sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001>

> wrote:

>

> > I have in my right ear 15earring and in my left

> > 14earring

> >

> > Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote: There may

> > be something to that; I stopped wearing

> > pierced earings when I got to thinking more about

> > that. The ear lobe is a pressure point. I read

> > that

> > Selenium also helps to move out the heavey metals.

> > I

> > think eating a diet rich in vitamins and minerals is

> > a

> > help as well. Susan

> >

> > --- jo <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> >

> > > There is a theory about wearing any metal may

> > cause

> > > disturbance to the

> > > electrical fields of the body. I guess people who

> > > feel this won't wear any

> > > wedding rings or other jewellery or have

> > piercings,

> > > wear glasses with metal

> > > frames etc.

> > >

> > > Vitamin C and Zinc and coriander are good for

> > > transporting heavy metals out

> > > of the body.

> > >

> > > Jo

> > >

> > > -

> > > " Susan " <oceanfest_2000>

> > >

> > > Friday, December 02, 2005 10:42 PM

> > > Re: Re: Dining out-rant

> > >

> > >

> > > > Yes, but I'm going ahead with it even though I'm

> > > > really, really, afraid of dentists. Mercury

> > does

> > > not

> > > > leave your body very fast; some mercury free

> > > dentists

> > > > also offer chelatian therapy to help move the

> > > mercury

> > > > out of your body faster. All I want to do at

> > this

> > > > point is get it out of my mouth. I also have a

> > > gold

> > > > crown to remove. Did you know those different

> > > metals

> > > > in your mouth set up a little electic current?

> > > Maybe

> > > > that would be a good alternative to using the

> > > > utilities!

> > > >

> > > > --- peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > > Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow

> > > that is

> > > > > hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I

> > > have

> > > > > had a gob full of the buggers for over 20

> > years,

> > > and

> > > > > my sanity could be compared to a

> > > > > milliner......................wot am I on

> > about?

> > > > > Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about

> > the

> > > > > mercury issue but I reckon I must have

> > ingested

> > > more

> > > > > than 10 thermometers worth by now, so what the

> > > hell.

> > > > >

> > > > > The Valley Vegan.............

> > > > >

> > > > > Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote:

> > > > > My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot

> > and

> > > I

> > > > > asked

> > > > > him if he had about three hours to spare for

> > the

> > > > > answer! Speaking for healthy people (people

> > > whose

> > > > > health are compromised may have different

> > > needs)I

> > > > > believe people are relying too heavily on

> > > > > vaccinations

> > > > > (some are lifesaving, polio, for example

> > during

> > > the

> > > > > epidemics)however; I prefer to consider offers

> > > of

> > > > > vaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up

> > > basis.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think people should research the pros and

> > cons

> > > and

> > > > > then decided. However, I feel that the flu

> > > viruses

> > > > > mutate so rapidly that what you may be

> > protected

> > > for

> > > > > this week just may not be valuable next week.

> > I

> > > > > prefer to think that it's possible to improve

> > > your

> > > > > own

> > > > > natural immunity enough to fight off most (if

> > > not

> > > > > all)infections (again, I am talking about

> > > healthy

> > > > > people). One thing I've decided to do towards

> > > that

> > > > > step is to remove all the amalgum fillings in

> > my

> > > > > mouth

> > > > > due to the mercury. One book I read that

> > > influenced

> > > > > my decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth.

> > > Research

> > > > > was cited, but there were also anecdotal

> > stories

> > > as

> > > > > well (which are something to think about if

> > not

> > > rely

> > > > > upon). There were examples of people with MS

> > > > > improving substantially after having the

> > > amalgams

> > > > > removed and some other examples as well.

> > Anyway,

> > > > > there are steps we can take to help improve

> > our

> > > > > immune

> > > > > systems. I tend to think that what I was born

> > > with

> > > > > is

> > > > > probably all the tools I need to live my life

> > if

> > > I

> > > > > try

> > > > > to take care of those tools. It's really a new

> > > way

> > > > > of

> > > > > looking at things, what's old is new again!

> > > > > Simplicity is looking more and more inviting.

> > > > > Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I

> > > plan

> > > > > not

> > > > > to renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk

> > is

> > > > > greater to get them than to not. For myself,

> > > that

> > > > > is.

> > > > > Susan

> > > > >

> > > > > --- herbvalerian wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > > I don't see why healthy people need flu

> > jabs.

> > > > > > And more to the point, does anyone?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > , peter

> > hurd

> > > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why would you need flu shots anyway, are

> > you

> > > > > > elderly, very young or have a serious

> > > > > > medical condition which lessens you bodies

> > > imune

> > > > > > system in some way?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

> > > > > protection around

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > To send an email to

> > > > > -

> > > > >

Guest guest

its sirius radioheartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote: I hope they are ones you enjoy - or is it just little bursts here and there?Jo , sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001> wrote:>> I pick up radio stations w/ my ears(sure)> > Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote: In this case, I think lightening would definitely> strike twice! He he > > --- sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001>> wrote:> > > I have in my right ear 15earring and in my left> > 14earring > > > > Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote: There may> > be something to that; I stopped wearing> > pierced earings when I got to thinking more about>

> that. The ear lobe is a pressure point. I read> > that> > Selenium also helps to move out the heavey metals. > > I> > think eating a diet rich in vitamins and minerals is> > a> > help as well. Susan> > > > --- jo <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:> > > > > There is a theory about wearing any metal may> > cause> > > disturbance to the> > > electrical fields of the body. I guess people who> > > feel this won't wear any> > > wedding rings or other jewellery or have> > piercings,> > > wear glasses with metal> > > frames etc.> > > > > > Vitamin C and Zinc and coriander are good for> > > transporting heavy metals out> > > of the body.> > > > > > Jo> > > > > >

-> > > "Susan" <oceanfest_2000>> > > > > > Friday, December 02, 2005 10:42 PM> > > Re: Re: Dining out-rant> > > > > > > > > > Yes, but I'm going ahead with it even though I'm> > > > really, really, afraid of dentists. Mercury> > does> > > not> > > > leave your body very fast; some mercury free> > > dentists> > > > also offer chelatian therapy to help move the> > > mercury> > > > out of your body faster. All I want to do at> > this> > > > point is get it out of my mouth. I also have a> > > gold> > > > crown to remove. Did you know those different> > > metals> > > > in your

mouth set up a little electic current? > > > Maybe> > > > that would be a good alternative to using the> > > > utilities!> > > >> > > > --- peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote:> > > >> > > > > Removing all the fillings in your teeth! wow> > > that is> > > > > hard core, and probably cost megabucks too! I> > > have> > > > > had a gob full of the buggers for over 20> > years,> > > and> > > > > my sanity could be compared to a> > > > > milliner......................wot am I on> > about?> > > > > Oh yeah toothy pegs, I have thought about> > the> > > > > mercury issue but I reckon I must have> > ingested> > > more> > > > > than 10 thermometers

worth by now, so what the> > > hell.> > > > >> > > > > The Valley Vegan.............> > > > >> > > > > Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote:> > > > > My Dr. asked why I was refusing a flu shot> > and> > > I> > > > > asked> > > > > him if he had about three hours to spare for> > the> > > > > answer! Speaking for healthy people (people> > > whose> > > > > health are compromised may have different> > > needs)I> > > > > believe people are relying too heavily on> > > > > vaccinations> > > > > (some are lifesaving, polio, for example> > during> > > the> > > > > epidemics)however; I prefer to consider offers> > >

of> > > > > vaccinations for myself on an as-they-come-up> > > basis.> > > > >> > > > > I think people should research the pros and> > cons> > > and> > > > > then decided. However, I feel that the flu> > > viruses> > > > > mutate so rapidly that what you may be> > protected> > > for> > > > > this week just may not be valuable next week.> > I> > > > > prefer to think that it's possible to improve> > > your> > > > > own> > > > > natural immunity enough to fight off most (if> > > not> > > > > all)infections (again, I am talking about> > > healthy> > > > > people). One thing I've decided to do towards> > > that> > > > > step is to

remove all the amalgum fillings in> > my> > > > > mouth> > > > > due to the mercury. One book I read that> > > influenced> > > > > my decision was The Mercury in Your Mouth.> > > Research> > > > > was cited, but there were also anecdotal> > stories> > > as> > > > > well (which are something to think about if> > not> > > rely> > > > > upon). There were examples of people with MS> > > > > improving substantially after having the> > > amalgams> > > > > removed and some other examples as well.> > Anyway,> > > > > there are steps we can take to help improve> > our> > > > > immune> > > > > systems. I tend to think that what I was born> > > with> >

> > > is> > > > > probably all the tools I need to live my life> > if> > > I> > > > > try> > > > > to take care of those tools. It's really a new> > > way> > > > > of> > > > > looking at things, what's old is new again!> > > > > Simplicity is looking more and more inviting.> > > > > Currently, I do not get the flu vaccine and I> > > plan> > > > > not> > > > > to renew my Tetnus vaccine. I think the risk> > is> > > > > greater to get them than to not. For myself,> > > that> > > > > is.> > > > > Susan> > > > >> > > > > --- herbvalerian wrote:> > > > >> > > > > > I don't see why healthy people need

flu> > jabs.> > > > > > And more to the point, does anyone?> > > > > >> > > > > > , peter> > hurd> > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Why would you need flu shots anyway, are> > you> > > > > > elderly, very young or have a serious> > > > > > medical condition which lessens you bodies> > > imune> > > > > > system in some way?> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam> > > > > protection around> > > > > > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > To send an email to> > > > > - > > > > >

Guest guest

Hi Sandi,

Please don't toss it! The landfills are full enough!

Return it, recycle it, freecycle it, donate or give it away! Someone

can and will use it. It is unfortunate an animal had to die to make

it, but now that it is done, at least keep it out of the garbage. :)

Nikki

, sandi gordon

<sandisweeti13132001> wrote:

>

> I make sure to tell all family and friends for gifts no animal

products,if they do then I will return it/toss it

>

Guest guest

I agree! She's eating meat then because it is in the stew. She may

not be biting into it, but it is still cooked into it.

Nikki

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx@e...> wrote:

> *blinks*

> ok..thats just gross....sorry....

>

>

>

>

> jo

> Nov 30, 2005 2:19 PM

>

> Re: Re: Dining out-rant

>

>

> She actually cooks it all in the same pot, and then just removes

the lumps of meat from her dish and gives them to the rest of the

family. Strange really.

>

> Jo

Guest guest

---I haven't tossed anything out in like 6yrs. now people know

better to waste their money on an animal product for me.

In , " earthstrm " <earthstorm@c...> wrote:

>

> Hi Sandi,

>

> Please don't toss it! The landfills are full enough!

>

> Return it, recycle it, freecycle it, donate or give it away!

Someone

> can and will use it. It is unfortunate an animal had to die to

make

> it, but now that it is done, at least keep it out of the

garbage. :)

>

> Nikki

>

> , sandi gordon

> <sandisweeti13132001> wrote:

> >

> > I make sure to tell all family and friends for gifts no animal

> products,if they do then I will return it/toss it

> >

>

Guest guest

Maybe I move in a different world but most of the people I know are vegetarian,

vegan, or

very sympathetic to vegetarianism and trying to eat less meat. In the past

when I have

known people who were actively promoting meat eating, I gradually veered away

from

them.

Perhaps a certain sort of person is more likely to be vegetarian than others.

I don't mix much with the others.

, sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001>

wrote:

>

> I have to say I think by me being a vegan it has made it harder for a meat

eater to be my

friend for socializing sake,I think its foolish but others might feel uncomfy

hanging out w/

me cause they think I might try to change them(I wouldn't do that),but I can

something get

preachy if asked some questions though,so no family has disowned me,but I have

to say I

might of lost a few friends or not made friends due to it-there loss.

>

> peter hurd <swpgh01@t...> wrote: Welcome to the art of compasion. Love will

find its

way, as you said you cant disown your family just because you disagree with

them, and

change your lifestyle.

> Sorry, as everyone knows I am just a big softy!

>

> The Valley Vegan...............

>

> Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote:

> Someone at work asked me if I'd date someone who ate

>

> --- earthstrm wrote:

>

> > Hi Jo

> >

> > situation of living

> > Father who is my

> > soul nearby who is

> >

> > BB

> >

> > , " jo "

> > wrote:

> > >

> > animals - NO.

> > animals - NO.

> > part company over

> > different? Would I

> > >

> > shouldn't rob

> > >

> > vixens - you

> > whether I am right

> > most people think

> > because you like

> > >

> > eating meat -

> > unfaithful or use

> > people have

> > eaters do.

> > >

> > > Jo

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> ________

> DSL – Something to write home about.

> dsl.

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

Who decides what to cook? If you cook, maybe you could convert him to at least a

few days

each week vegetarian by cooking him some veggie meals he just can't resist.

There are

also meat substitutes you could use so he doesn't even know. A while back we

" tricked " a

meat eater friend into eating vegan cheese, we grated it and put it on his baked

potato,

and he went back for second helpngs and did not know it was vegan cheese!

, sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001>

wrote:

>

> My first hubby when I met him ate everything then after the 2year mark he

became a

lacto/ovo veg.,the hubby I am married to now is a full on meat eater(will never

change-

sure he does have 2-3days a week he eat no meat)I never thought I would ever

fall in love

w/ a meat eater,but I have found a great/carring man that loves and respects my

eating as

I him,so why be alone in life if you don't have to be.

>

> Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote: Someone at work asked me if I'd date

someone

who ate

>

> --- earthstrm <earthstorm@c...> wrote:

>

> > Hi Jo

> >

> > situation of living

> > Father who is my

> > soul nearby who is

> >

> > BB

> >

> > , " jo "

> > <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:

> > >

> > animals - NO.

> > animals - NO.

> > part company over

> > different? Would I

> > >

> > shouldn't rob

> > >

> > vixens - you

> > whether I am right

> > most people think

> > because you like

> > >

> > eating meat -

> > unfaithful or use

> > people have

> > eaters do.

> > >

> > > Jo

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> ________

> DSL – Something to write home about.

> dsl.

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hahhaha,actually we are both not cooks,but he has offered to make me anything vegan I would like(I never do though),he is only home sat./sun. night for dinner,but since we have been together(4yrs.)we always make our own meals,but I have to admit he is eating a whole mot healthier since we are together(he needs to lose 50+pounds)he has his vegetarian days(but too much darn cheese though).herbvalerian <herbvalerian wrote: Who decides what to cook? If you cook, maybe you could convert him to at least a few days each week vegetarian by cooking him some veggie meals he just can't resist. There are also meat substitutes you could use so he doesn't even know. A while back we "tricked" a meat eater friend into eating vegan cheese, we grated it and put it on his baked potato, and he went back for second helpngs

and did not know it was vegan cheese! , sandi gordon <sandisweeti13132001> wrote:>> My first hubby when I met him ate everything then after the 2year mark he became a lacto/ovo veg.,the hubby I am married to now is a full on meat eater(will never change-sure he does have 2-3days a week he eat no meat)I never thought I would ever fall in love w/ a meat eater,but I have found a great/carring man that loves and respects my eating as I him,so why be alone in life if you don't have to be.> > Susan <oceanfest_2000> wrote: Someone at work asked me if I'd date someone who ate> meat. That's a good question and I'm still thinking> about it. I'm inclined to think not, because this> value is so important to me; however, I'm not really> sure to be honest with you (I don't want to get> married again, so that wasn't an issue). My

extended> family are all omnivors to varying extents and I> haven't disowned any of them. I'd hate to think that> what someone ate was the only thing I valued about> them. It doesn't feel peaceful to me to discriminate> on this, so I still need to figure this one out. I> think my value for nondiscrimination is stronger than> my value about being vegan, or maybe the two values> are equally as strong. I hope I figure it out before> I die and it won't matter anymore. :-) Susan> > --- earthstrm <earthstorm@c...> wrote:> > > Hi Jo> > > > Very well said, thank you! As someone in the> > situation of living > > with two carnivores whom I love very much, has a> > Father who is my > > role model and a carnivore and who knows not one> > soul nearby who is > > a vegan, I can completely relate

to your post.> > > > BB> > Nikki :)> > > > , "jo"> > <jo.heartwork@g...> wrote:> > >> > > Would I give up Colin if he went back to eating> > animals - NO. > > Would I expect him to give me up if I started eating> > animals - NO. > > Would Peter or our daughter expect Colin and I to> > part company over > > a change of diet, even if we wished it was> > different? Would I > > disown Peter if he became unvegan - NO.> > > > > > Being vegan might be the right thing to do, but it> > shouldn't rob > > us of our compassion and feeling for others. > > > > > > As you pointed out when you posted about the vegan> > vixens - you > > knew I wouldn't like it. Now it doesn't

matter> > whether I am right > > or wrong - most people think it is okay (just like> > most people think > > eating meat is okay). Should I not talk to you> > because you like > > something I think differently about? > > > > > > To me being unfaithful to a partner is as bad as> > eating meat - > > should I not mix with people who have been> > unfaithful, or insist > > that if they are in my house they will not be> > unfaithful or use > > different dishes to me? I think not, because these> > people have > > different ways of looking at things, just as meat> > eaters do.> > > > > > Jo> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

________ > DSL – Something to write home about. > Just $16.99/mo. or less. > dsl. > > > > To send an email to - > > > >

Guest guest

I think it is the attitude of the friend toward my being vegan that is the telling point. If they aren't respectful of it as I am of their meat eating then I just gradually cease to see them. It's the disrespect that is the telling factor. My dad was very disrespectful and taunting at first until I told him how hurtful it was to have my own father taunting me (this wasn't teasing, but taunting). I also explained to him that I wouldn't go out to eat with him anymore since it was also very embarrassing as he would taunt in front of the waitress or other family members. He stopped. However, I would never "date" a man that wasn't vegan due to the conflict in values that will submerge a marriage faster than anything. I do notice that there are a number of attitudes towards my being vegan...some could care less, never ask questions or anything like that and that is maybe the best. Then there are those that ask questions as to why I am a vegan and with those I answer bluntly and honestly. Another category are those people that just find it jolts their consciences and run like hell even though the topic never comes up. LOL And there is the final category...those like my dad that find veganism a source for taunting and ridiculing. Then I run like hell. LOL However since my life is taken up working in animal welfare and the rights of all sentient beings my circle of friends are also those that engage in the same value system and lifestyle. I don't have any hunters in my circle of friends. <grinning>

linda

"Whatever you do will be insignificant and it is very important that you do it."Mohandas Gandhi

linda's Growing Stitchery Projects: womyn47

-

herbvalerian Maybe I move in a different world but most of the people I know are vegetarian, vegan, or very sympathetic to vegetarianism and trying to eat less meat. In the past when I have known people who were actively promoting meat eating, I gradually veered away from them. Perhaps a certain sort of person is more likely to be vegetarian than others.I don't mix much with the others.

Guest guest

HI Nikki

She knows that - but she says she is buying enough meat for only three

people, not four - so she is not buying meat for her to eat.

Jo

-

Monday, December 05, 2005 1:16 PM

> I agree! She's eating meat then because it is in the stew. She may

> not be biting into it, but it is still cooked into it.

>

> Nikki

Guest guest

Just sharing the blood, broken down sinew etc.......and of course that lovely flavour of cadaver...................mmmmmmmmmm..........cadaver! The Valley Vegan.............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: HI NikkiShe knows that - but she says she is buying enough meat for only threepeople, not four - so she is not buying meat for her to eat.Jo-"earthstrm" Monday, December 05, 2005 1:16 PM Re: Dining out-rant> I agree! She's eating meat then because it is in the stew. She may> not be biting into it, but it is still cooked into it.>> Nikki

Guest guest

umm

yeah

i'm just gonna refrain from commenting

jo <jo.heartwork

Dec 5, 2005 10:41 AM

HI Nikki

She knows that - but she says she is buying enough meat for only three

people, not four - so she is not buying meat for her to eat.

Jo

-

Monday, December 05, 2005 1:16 PM

> I agree! She's eating meat then because it is in the stew. She may

> not be biting into it, but it is still cooked into it.

>

> Nikki

To send an email to -

Guest guest

Would you rather she buy meat for four than three - are you missing the

tiny amount of good that has come from her action or do people have to be

perfect in

your eyes to be worthy of any encouragement?

Jo

-

" fraggle " <EBbrewpunx

Monday, December 05, 2005 8:05 PM

> umm

> yeah

> i'm just gonna refrain from commenting

>

>

> jo <jo.heartwork

> Dec 5, 2005 10:41 AM

>

> Re: Re: Dining out-rant

>

> HI Nikki

>

> She knows that - but she says she is buying enough meat for only three

> people, not four - so she is not buying meat for her to eat.

>

> Jo

> -

> " earthstrm " <earthstorm

>

> Monday, December 05, 2005 1:16 PM

> Re: Dining out-rant

>

>

> > I agree! She's eating meat then because it is in the stew. She may

> > not be biting into it, but it is still cooked into it.

> >

> > Nikki

>

>

>

>

>

> To send an email to -

>