IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

thanxfernuthin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

well, welcome comrade left coast East Bayer....

there use to be a few bay area folks on here

but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout....

:(

been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads...

cheers

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Live in San Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area.

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!!

:)

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM

Re: thanxfernuthin

i keep telling myself

"one day a week i'm going to walk to work"

then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly

and that 7 miles just seems impossible..

so just pull the covers back over my head..

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:23:38 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

don't sweat

i just loathe their return policy

all the chains do it..

pain in the *ss to work with

you'd sell books, and then 6 months later you'd get half of back....

helluva way t o run a business

plus, on a personal level..i like to hold the book i'm buying...

i like to read it a bit...

i'm odd that way

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:09 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Dare I ask why?

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 11:02:08 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

sadly...i have a bias against Amazon...

which is bad, considering they constitute a large portion of my companies business....

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Oh well, I'm glad they weren't doing something really bad. I don't deal with return policies because I love books. I love to hold them, look at them, I love the way they feel and the way they smell (the new ones anyway ... don't really like used ones).

Thanks for clearing it up. I'd hate to have to give up my addiction.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:23:38 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

don't sweat

i just loathe their return policy

all the chains do it..

pain in the *ss to work with

you'd sell books, and then 6 months later you'd get half of back....

helluva way t o run a business

plus, on a personal level..i like to hold the book i'm buying...

i like to read it a bit...

i'm odd that way

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:09 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Dare I ask why?

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 11:02:08 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

sadly...i have a bias against Amazon...

which is bad, considering they constitute a large portion of my companies business....

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable!

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout. ...

been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads.. .

cheers

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!!

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Hey fraggle, do you know what beast is in pig latin?

east baaaaaaay!

haha

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Plenty of room over here you two! a bit more geologically (if not politically ) stable too! The Valley Vegan.................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come

to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable! Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin well, welcome comrade left coast East Bayer.... there use to be a few bay area folks on here but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout. ... :( been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads..

.. cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Live in San Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro

ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin Same Oakland.... work in Berkeley cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area. fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comSent:

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!! :) Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!! carolyn - fraggle @gro ups.com Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM Re: thanxfernuthin i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back over my head.. someday i hope i

hope i hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close

to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Guest guest

Ah, that is my daughter's dream ... to move to England. She actually searches out properties for sale through the internet. She is 12 year old, by the way. But if my dogs can't go, I can't go. I've been thinking maybe the desert. I dunno why, but in my more mature years I have developed a real love for the desert.

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:33:06 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Plenty of room over here you two! a bit more geologically (if not politically ) stable too!

The Valley Vegan....... ......... .Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote:

Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable!

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Guest guest

I think I would miss all the greenery. The valley Vegan..............Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: Ah, that is my daughter's dream ... to move to England. She actually searches out properties for sale through the internet. She is 12 year old, by the way. But if my dogs can't go, I

can't go. I've been thinking maybe the desert. I dunno why, but in my more mature years I have developed a real love for the desert. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:33:06 AMRe: thanxfernuthin Plenty of room over here you two! a bit more geologically (if not politically ) stable too! The Valley Vegan....... ......... .Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable! Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November

17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin well, welcome comrade left coast East Bayer.... there use to be a few bay area folks on here but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout. ... :( been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads.. . cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Live in San Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin Same Oakland.... work in Berkeley cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area. fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!! :) Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to

do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!! carolyn - fraggle @gro ups.com Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM Re:

thanxfernuthin i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back over my head.. someday i hope i hope i hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so

when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Hi Peter / Sharon

Me too. I love trees - the more the better.

Jo

-

peter VV

Sunday, November 19, 2006 8:45 AM

I think I would miss all the greenery.

The valley Vegan..............Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote:

Ah, that is my daughter's dream ... to move to England. She actually searches out properties for sale through the internet. She is 12 year old, by the way. But if my dogs can't go, I can't go. I've been thinking maybe the desert. I dunno why, but in my more mature years I have developed a real love for the desert.

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:33:06 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Plenty of room over here you two! a bit more geologically (if not politically ) stable too!

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Peter H

Guest guest

Perhaps. The desert has its own beauties, though. My favorite place of all is the ocean, but the desert is generally less expensive!

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 12:45:50 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

The valley Vegan....... .......Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote:

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 8:33:06 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

Peter H

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

Guest guest

cuz the Bay Area is a strip of civilization surrounded by a sea of madness...

as is often said, the midwest starts at the last BART station

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

i think i want to just moat off my neck of the woods....

we'll see when i return to merry ol england next spring

might have to just hide in yer shed Peter VV

assuming i ever get tix and i'm allowed on a plane..................

peter VV Nov 18, 2006 11:33 AM Re: thanxfernuthin

The Valley Vegan.................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote:

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

I had friends who were into the annual Beast music fest here...

Sharon Murch Nov 18, 2006 10:34 AM Re: thanxfernuthin

Hey fraggle, do you know what beast is in pig latin?

east baaaaaaay!

haha

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

i luv camping in the desert...

use to go to Death Valley and the mojave every year.

but, fer myself, dunno if i could actually LIVE there...

i'm too much of a city fraggle....

Sharon Murch Nov 18, 2006 7:50 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

History repeats itself

Guest guest

:-)

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 9:53:00 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

I wouldnt let in my shed............... far too draughty, too many windows broken, but always a floor available - just had new carpets and underlay.............. I dont think you will have any problems leaving the USA and entering GB, but they might not let you back in!!!!!!!!!!! The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i think i want to just moat off my neck of the woods.... we'll see when i return to merry ol england next spring might have to just hide in yer shed Peter VV assuming i ever get tix and i'm allowed on a plane.................. peter VV Nov 18, 2006 11:33 AM Re: thanxfernuthin Plenty of room over here you two! a bit more geologically (if not politically ) stable too! The Valley Vegan.................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote: Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable! Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin well, welcome comrade left coast East Bayer.... there use to be a few bay area folks on

here but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout. ... :( been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads.. . cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Live in San Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin Same Oakland.... work in Berkeley cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area. fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!! :) Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking

at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!! carolyn - fraggle @gro ups.com Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM Re: thanxfernuthin i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its

chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back over my head.. someday i hope i hope i hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There

are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets

higher Peter H Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Guest guest

I like madness.................... You ought to try living in the middle of nowhere!, at least theres plenty of greenery...........sheep.............greenery..................sheep.............oooh a cow! The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: cuz the Bay Area is a strip of civilization surrounded by a sea of madness... :) as is often said, the midwest starts at the last BART station :) Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM Re: thanxfernuthin Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable! Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin well, welcome comrade left coast East Bayer.... there use to be a few bay area folks on here but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout. ... :( been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads.. . cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Live in San Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin Same Oakland.... work in Berkeley cheers fraggle Sharon

Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area. fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!! :) Carolyn

MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!! carolyn - fraggle @gro ups.com Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM Re: thanxfernuthin i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back over my head.. someday i hope i hope i hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a

"vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Guest guest

Well, they'd have to let him on the plane first. Do you think those Homeland Security folks are gonna let an animal rights activist through? Remember that "t" word.

They are probably listening right now.......

j/k

I think.

I heard that the Humane Society has started a legislative arm that supports or fights against candidates for office based on their position on animal rights. Well it can't hurt. Nobody seems to think the Humane Society is made up of crazy tree huggers, so maybe they will listen. I don't think you even need to be a vegetarian to belong, do you?

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:24:12 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

I wouldnt let in my shed........ .......

far too draughty, too many windows broken, but always a floor available - just had new carpets and underlay.... ......... .

I dont think you will have any problems leaving the USA and entering GB, but they might not let you back in!!!!!!!!!! !

The Valley Vegan....... .......fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com> wrote:

assuming i ever get tix and i'm allowed on a plane....... ......... ..

peter VV Nov 18, 2006 11:33 AM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself and each time the price gets

higher

Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Guest guest

I am not too fond of the ocean, since I foresaw my death in it years ago............ The Valley Vegan...............Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: Perhaps. The desert has its own beauties, though. My favorite place of all is the ocean, but the desert is generally less expensive! peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 12:45:50 AMRe: thanxfernuthin I think I would miss all the greenery. The valley Vegan....... .......Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Ah, that is my daughter's dream ... to move to England. She actually searches out properties for sale through the internet. She is 12 year old, by the way.

But if my dogs can't go, I can't go. I've been thinking maybe the desert. I dunno why, but in my more mature years I have developed a real love for the desert. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 8:33:06 AMRe: thanxfernuthin Plenty of room over here you two! a bit more geologically (if not politically ) stable too! The Valley Vegan....... ......... .Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable! Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro

ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin well, welcome comrade left coast East Bayer.... there use to be a few bay area folks on here but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout. ... :( been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads.. . cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Live in San Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin Same Oakland.... work in Berkeley cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area. fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!! :) Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix,

but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!! carolyn - fraggle @gro ups.com Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM Re: thanxfernuthin i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back over my head.. someday i hope i hope i hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus,

lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets

higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Peter H

Guest guest

i guess it all depends on where you would want to live...

you could always live in namibia er somesuch..and have both!

Sharon Murch Nov 19, 2006 3:46 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Perhaps. The desert has its own beauties, though. My favorite place of all is the ocean, but the desert is generally less expensive!

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 12:45:50 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 8:33:06 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

i'm actually VERY worried about being on some no-fly list er other....

not to mention the way i dress

heck...way back in the 80's, i was put on a watch list because i got labled a "gang member"

umm..i wasn't...but..southern california was over reacting to gang violence back then, so i got sucked up in the net....

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 2:51 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Well, they'd have to let him on the plane first. Do you think those Homeland Security folks are gonna let an animal rights activist through? Remember that "t" word.

j/k

I think.

I heard that the Humane Society has started a legislative arm that supports or fights against candidates for office based on their position on animal rights. Well it can't hurt. Nobody seems to think the Humane Society is made up of crazy tree huggers, so maybe they will listen. I don't think you even need to be a vegetarian to belong, do you?

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:24:12 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

far too draughty, too many windows broken, but always a floor available - just had new carpets and underlay.... ......... .

I dont think you will have any problems leaving the USA and entering GB, but they might not let you back in!!!!!!!!!! !

Sharon

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

higher

Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Well that's not pleasant. It is a terrifying force, the ocean, but I think that is part of its beauty. As much as I'd love to live there, I wouldn't buy a house there simply because the ocean is always reclaiming its ground bit by bit, and sometimes major chunks at a time. Of course, I'd love to see a volcano erupt too.

So you avoid the ocean altogether?

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:54:07 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

I am not too fond of the ocean, since I foresaw my death in it years ago......... ...

The Valley Vegan....... ........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote:

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comSunday, November 19, 2006 12:45:50 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

Sharon

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets

higher

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

Guest guest

Well none around where I live but when we do venture near the coast on hols, I tend to stick to swimming pools. The Valley Vegan.................Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: Well that's not pleasant. It is a terrifying force, the ocean, but I think that is part of its beauty. As much as

I'd love to live there, I wouldn't buy a house there simply because the ocean is always reclaiming its ground bit by bit, and sometimes major chunks at a time. Of course, I'd love to see a volcano erupt too. So you avoid the ocean altogether? Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:54:07 AMRe: thanxfernuthin I am not too fond of the ocean, since I foresaw my death in it years ago......... ... The Valley Vegan....... ........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Perhaps. The desert has its own beauties, though. My favorite place of all is the ocean, but the desert is generally less expensive! peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comSunday, November 19, 2006 12:45:50 AMRe:

thanxfernuthin I think I would miss all the greenery. The valley Vegan....... .......Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Ah, that is my daughter's dream ... to move to England. She actually searches out properties for sale through the internet. She is 12 year old, by the way. But if my dogs can't go, I can't go. I've been thinking maybe the desert. I dunno why, but in my more mature years I have developed a real love for the desert. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 8:33:06 AMRe: thanxfernuthin Plenty of room over here you two! a bit more geologically (if not politically ) stable too! The Valley Vegan....... ......... .Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My

parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable! Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin well, welcome comrade left coast East Bayer.... there use to be a few bay area folks on here but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout. ... :( been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads.. . cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Live in San Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley. Sharon ----- Original Message

----fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin Same Oakland.... work in Berkeley cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area.

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!! :) Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly

impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!! carolyn - fraggle @gro ups.com Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM Re: thanxfernuthin i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back over my head.. someday i hope i hope i hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're

expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... Peter H Send

instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Peter H

Guest guest

Yeah, been there! My oldest son is 26, and he could not walk down the street in the town where we lived at the time without the cops stopping him, searching him, generally harrassing him. I started out trying to complain to the PD, but one of the officers took me aside and told me they didn't need to actually find drugs on him to arrest him for dealing, all they needed was somebody to say they saw the deal go down. I took that as the threat it was. They did actually end up getting us evicted, which was the nicest thing they ever did for us.

This all stemmed actually from him being present when a person pushed a police officer down the stairs, and the police insisted that my son must know the identity of the person who did it, and my son insisted he did not. From then on it was unending harrassment.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 12:10:24 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

i'm actually VERY worried about being on some no-fly list er other....

not to mention the way i dress

heck...way back in the 80's, i was put on a watch list because i got labled a "gang member"

umm..i wasn't...but. .southern california was over reacting to gang violence back then, so i got sucked up in the net....

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 2:51 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

j/k

I think.

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comMonday, November 20, 2006 11:24:12 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

higher

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

been there..done that mr petah

spent my winters in connecticut when i was a wee fraggle, in a town that at that point in time had more cows then people

went to college in Virginia (scarey...)

and then lived in north san diego county for 8 months (of pure hell) in 1998...

peter VV Nov 20, 2006 2:39 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

I like madness....................

You ought to try living in the middle of nowhere!, at least theres plenty of greenery...........sheep.............greenery..................sheep.............oooh a cow!

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

History repeats itself