Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

thanxfernuthin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi carolyn,

you are very well informed, I didn't know that walmart was

their eight largest trading partner.

I buy plants sometimes from them, I won't go there again.

thanks

, " Carolyn MFEMF " <wordwerks wrote:

>

> Yup, shit certainly does happen, and a lot of people have a hard

time connecting the effects of their behavior to anything happening

outside their own backsides. E.g., I recently got one of those

damnable chain e-mails from a person I used to work with. It trashed

France, China, and any other country that didn't/doesn't support the

US invasion of Iraq, and it ended on that old, familiar note: If you

aren't down with what our president is doing in Iraq, why don't you

move to China, where you'll be welcomed with open arms (or something

to that effect). It was just old, worn-out, meaningless drivel (they

still had Mexico's president as Vicente Fox), and I should have

deleted it and forgotten about it. But nooooooooooooooo--I couldn't do

that. Knowing that my buddy practically lives at Walmart, I wrote back

and asked her why doesn't she boycott Walmart, China's eighth largest

trading partner? I didn't get an answer, and I'm sure she's still

shopping at Walmart. So........I wasted my time and she didn't change

her behavior. Plus now, I've probably alienated her. But China bashing

by Walmart shoppers--does that make any sense at all?

> carolyn

>

>

Guest guest

here it is the same way,

begging cannot happen, and feeding the homeless is illegal.

Homeless people cannot be seen. If someone sees a homeless person

they call the cops and they remove them from the streets.

there are designated " homeless areas " but away from

public sight.

, " Carolyn Hogan " <wordwerks wrote:

>

> I haven't been back to Chicago for several years, but begging's

probably illegal there too by now--stupid. It's like if you can't see

them, they aren't there.

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Anouk

That is very sad.

Jo

, " flower child " <zurumato wrote:

>

> here it is the same way,

> begging cannot happen, and feeding the homeless is illegal.

> Homeless people cannot be seen. If someone sees a homeless person

> they call the cops and they remove them from the streets.

> there are designated " homeless areas " but away from

> public sight.

>

> , " Carolyn Hogan " <wordwerks@> wrote:

> >

> > I haven't been back to Chicago for several years, but begging's

> probably illegal there too by now--stupid. It's like if you can't see

> them, they aren't there.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Yeh, I know what you mean. I never met a bookstore that didn't get some of my hard-earned money.

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:16 PM

Re: thanxfernuthin

i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!!

:)

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting--good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM

i keep telling myself

"one day a week i'm going to walk to work"

then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly

and that 7 miles just seems impossible..

so just pull the covers back over my head..

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian," I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

History repeats itself

Guest guest

e-mail me off site anouk

i can deluge you with why wal-mart is a n evil $#%$^%^%$^ and should be wiped

from the earth

>flower child <zurumato

>Nov 15, 2006 6:58 PM

>

> Re: thanxfernuthin

>

>hi carolyn,

>

>you are very well informed, I didn't know that walmart was

>their eight largest trading partner.

>I buy plants sometimes from them, I won't go there again.

>

>thanks

>

>

> , " Carolyn MFEMF " <wordwerks wrote:

>>

>> Yup, shit certainly does happen, and a lot of people have a hard

>time connecting the effects of their behavior to anything happening

>outside their own backsides. E.g., I recently got one of those

>damnable chain e-mails from a person I used to work with. It trashed

>France, China, and any other country that didn't/doesn't support the

>US invasion of Iraq, and it ended on that old, familiar note: If you

>aren't down with what our president is doing in Iraq, why don't you

>move to China, where you'll be welcomed with open arms (or something

>to that effect). It was just old, worn-out, meaningless drivel (they

>still had Mexico's president as Vicente Fox), and I should have

>deleted it and forgotten about it. But nooooooooooooooo--I couldn't do

>that. Knowing that my buddy practically lives at Walmart, I wrote back

>and asked her why doesn't she boycott Walmart, China's eighth largest

>trading partner? I didn't get an answer, and I'm sure she's still

>shopping at Walmart. So........I wasted my time and she didn't change

>her behavior. Plus now, I've probably alienated her. But China bashing

>by Walmart shoppers--does that make any sense at all?

>> carolyn

>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>To send an email to -

>

Guest guest

a 7 mile walk just to get to work? are you nuts or something? what time do you think you would have to get up to get there on time? The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back over my head.. someday i hope i hope i hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian," I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk,

buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

thats telling me! The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: only on my good days i'm so deleting you from my myspace account now peter VV Nov 15, 2006 1:13 PM Re:

thanxfernuthin You mean you dont always look like that? The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: KEWL!!!!!! *crosses eyes and sticks out tongue* here's to hoping peter VV Nov 15, 2006 12:38 PM Re: thanxfernuthin stop it , or yer face will stay like that........... The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: i'm that bad huh? *pout* peter VV Nov 15, 2006 11:47 AM Re: thanxfernuthin Yeah that kind of crap has been around for ages, doesnt have any imagination or poetic liscence does it, just regurgitate another bigots views. Some minds are so closed you`d be wasting your time replying to them. You had to mention Walmart didnt you!, I bet Fraggles alarm is ringing! The Valley Vegan................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote: Yup, shit certainly does happen, and a lot of people

have a hard time connecting the effects of their behavior to anything happening outside their own backsides. E.g., I recently got one of those damnable chain e-mails from a person I used to work with. It trashed France, China, and any other country that didn't/doesn't support the US invasion of Iraq, and it ended on that old, familiar note: If you aren't down with what our president is doing in Iraq, why don't you move to China, where you'll be welcomed with open arms (or something to that effect). It was just old, worn-out, meaningless drivel (they still had Mexico's president as Vicente Fox), and I should have deleted it and forgotten about it. But nooooooooooooooo--I couldn't do that. Knowing that my buddy practically lives at Walmart, I wrote back and asked her why doesn't she boycott Walmart, China's eighth largest trading partner? I didn't get an answer, and I'm sure she's still shopping at Walmart. So........I wasted my time and she didn't

change her behavior. Plus now, I've probably alienated her. But China bashing by Walmart shoppers--does that make any sense at all? carolyn - peter VV Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:21 AM Re: thanxfernuthin Hi Carolyn, Reality sucks and so does striking a chord no matter how small with peoples conciences. Shit happens, accpet it and deal with it and try and do something about

it, unfortunately a alot of people are too far up their own backsides to care about anything other than their own consumer driven lifestyles............mindsets are strange things. The Valley Vegan.................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote: I just joined the vegan chat list a few days ago, but I had to chime in on this one. I'm a member of another list in which I mentioned in a recent post (responding to another vegan's lament) that one of the things I really hate about "thanksgiving" is seeing little kids, namely my nieces, tearing at the body parts of a poor chemical-and hormone-laced turkey mutant. Then, I mentioned the wild turkeys that live on our land and how magnificent they are, how they can even fly, etc. It was a pretty innocuous

post as posts go, but I got flamed pretty viciously in private for even mentioning the word "vegan." So these good people will go ahead and have their chemical butterballs and try to forget about my evil, inconveniently truthful post......it reminds me of this woman my sister went to school with who announced one day that seeing a homeless person digging through a garbage can had spoiled her whole afternoon.... Carolyn - peter VV Sent:

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 1:55 PM Re: thanxfernuthin Its that time of year again where intensively produced turkeys are shitting themselves, in anticipation of the mass slaughter to follow their short lifespans. What I dont understand is this traditional nonsense, where no-one buys turkey for 11 months a year, then everybody has a corpse for chrimbo, why? Sadly my complaints ( and those of my daughters ) fall on deaf ears with my wife..............sigh............. The Valley Vegan.............. Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Guest guest

me too, this is getting spooky! ( the walking I mean, not the ending up at the bookstore!) The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!! :) Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM To:

Re: thanxfernuthin Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would

be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting--good luck!!! carolyn - fraggle Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM Re: thanxfernuthin i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back

over my head.. someday i hope i hope i hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian," I was eating

lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Guest guest

Be Careful Anouk, you may need a few hours ............. The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: e-mail me off site anouki can deluge you with why wal-mart is a n evil $#%$^%^%$^ and should be wiped from the earth>flower child <zurumato (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>>Nov 15, 2006 6:58 PM> > Re: thanxfernuthin>>hi carolyn, >>you are very well informed, I didn't know that walmart was >their eight largest trading partner. >I buy plants sometimes from them, I won't go there again. >>thanks>>> , "Carolyn MFEMF" <wordwerks wrote:>>>> Yup, shit certainly does happen, and a lot of people have a hard>time connecting the effects of their behavior to anything happening>outside their own backsides. E.g., I recently got one of those>damnable chain e-mails from a person I used to work with. It trashed>France, China, and any other country that didn't/doesn't support the>US invasion of Iraq, and it ended on that old, familiar note:

If you>aren't down with what our president is doing in Iraq, why don't you>move to China, where you'll be welcomed with open arms (or something>to that effect). It was just old, worn-out, meaningless drivel (they>still had Mexico's president as Vicente Fox), and I should have>deleted it and forgotten about it. But nooooooooooooooo--I couldn't do>that. Knowing that my buddy practically lives at Walmart, I wrote back>and asked her why doesn't she boycott Walmart, China's eighth largest>trading partner? I didn't get an answer, and I'm sure she's still>shopping at Walmart. So........I wasted my time and she didn't change>her behavior. Plus now, I've probably alienated her. But China bashing>by Walmart shoppers--does that make any sense at all? >> carolyn>> >>>>>>>To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area.

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!!

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

never said i was mentally balanced

prolly about 5:30am..leave by 6...at work between 8:30...

we'll see

took me two and half-to three hours to walk home a couple times

peter VV Nov 16, 2006 12:59 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

a 7 mile walk just to get to work? are you nuts or something? what time do you think you would have to get up to get there on time?

The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian," I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn

I think town dwellers get much more exercise than people who live in the middle of nowhere. A mile doesn't seem as far in town :-) We live between two villages - there's no point in walking to them because there's nothing there. The nearest town is about five miles away, and it takes too long to walk that regularly. It is nice, however, to go for a walk to see the countryside once in a while.

Jo

-

Carolyn MFEMF

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:11 PM

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting--good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

Guest guest

wow you are going to be fit as a fiddley thing you keep doin that. Seems like a bit of a waste of 5 hours plus a day though? Still good on you, you will keep that beer gut at bay...... The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: never said i was mentally balanced prolly about 5:30am..leave by 6...at work between 8:30... we'll see took me two and half-to three hours to walk home a couple

times peter VV Nov 16, 2006 12:59 PM Re: thanxfernuthin a 7 mile walk just to get to work? are you nuts or something? what time do you think you would have to get up to get there on time? The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back over my head.. someday i hope i hope i

hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian," I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage

cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Jo

>I think town dwellers get much more exercise than people who live in the middle of nowhere. A mile doesn't seem as far in town :-) We live between two villages - there's

> no point in walking to them because there's nothing there. The nearest town is about five miles away, and it takes too long to walk that regularly.

I can vouch for that. When I lived in the country, I would never have thought of walking for an hour to get into town. Now I live in town, I wouldn't dream of taking a car to get across to the other side of town, as it's only an hour's walk....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

sadly...that beer gut is already here

and..already wasting a half hour going home most of the time anyways....

takes me between 7 and ten minutes to get to work..and a half hour to get home

so unfair

i might just walk in the morn, and figure out another way home...

peter VV Nov 16, 2006 4:26 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

wow you are going to be fit as a fiddley thing you keep doin that. Seems like a bit of a waste of 5 hours plus a day though? Still good on you, you will keep that beer gut at bay......

The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

never said i was mentally balanced

prolly about 5:30am..leave by 6...at work between 8:30...

we'll see

took me two and half-to three hours to walk home a couple times

peter VV Nov 16, 2006 12:59 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

a 7 mile walk just to get to work? are you nuts or something? what time do you think you would have to get up to get there on time?

The Valley Vegan................fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Hi Peter

It's strange how it feels different when walking in towns. If you walk here you hardly see anyone at all, and it is not nice to walk after dark as it is pitch black with branches and brambles overhanging what footpaths there are. It is easier walking in towns.

BBJo

-

Peter

Thursday, November 16, 2006 10:32 PM

Hi Jo

>I think town dwellers get much more exercise than people who live in the middle of nowhere. A mile doesn't seem as far in town :-) We live between two villages - there's

> no point in walking to them because there's nothing there. The nearest town is about five miles away, and it takes too long to walk that regularly.

I can vouch for that. When I lived in the country, I would never have thought of walking for an hour to get into town. Now I live in town, I wouldn't dream of taking a car to get across to the other side of town, as it's only an hour's walk....

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Yeah, Jo, it sure seems that way. We live 6.5 miles from the nearest town, and there are no streetlights, no sidewalks/footpaths, no neighbors within 1/4 mile, and no shoulder really on a hilly, curvy road, so walking or biking on it is dangerous. We have some trails in the woods and a couple of seasonal creek beds (that have some amazing limestone formations), but it's been raining nonstop for the past two days, and I don't want to tear up the fragile ground or get wet and miserable.......so I tell myself anyway.

Carolyn

-

jo

Thursday, November 16, 2006 4:13 PM

Hi Carolyn

I think town dwellers get much more exercise than people who live in the middle of nowhere. A mile doesn't seem as far in town :-) We live between two villages - there's no point in walking to them because there's nothing there. The nearest town is about five miles away, and it takes too long to walk that regularly. It is nice, however, to go for a walk to see the countryside once in a while.

Jo

-

Carolyn MFEMF

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:11 PM

carolyn

-

fraggle

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Maybe I missed some posts here - but I thought Fraggle said he did it

a couple of times.

Jo

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> wow you are going to be fit as a fiddley thing you keep doin that.

Seems like a bit of a waste of 5 hours plus a day though? Still good

on you, you will keep that beer gut at bay......

>

> The Valley Vegan................

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

> never said i was mentally balanced

>

> prolly about 5:30am..leave by 6...at work between 8:30...

> we'll see

> took me two and half-to three hours to walk home a couple times

>

>

>

>

> peter VV

> Nov 16, 2006 12:59 PM

>

>

> a 7 mile walk just to get to work? are you nuts or something?

what time do you think you would have to get up to get there on time?

>

> The Valley Vegan................

>

> fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

> i keep telling myself

> " one day a week i'm going to walk to work "

> then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly

> and that 7 miles just seems impossible..

> so just pull the covers back over my head..

> someday

> i hope i hope i hope...

>

>

>

>

> Carolyn MFEMF

> Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM

>

>

> Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went

from vegetarian to vegan. As a " vegetarian, " I was eating lots and

lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts,

and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--

fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut

butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds

fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a

week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too.

There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly

they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while,

but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I

mean ;-)

> carolyn

>

>

>

> History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

>

> Send instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger.

>

> History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

>

>

>

>

>

> Peter H

>

>

> Send instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger.

>

Guest guest

That sounds nice Carolyn. We are in the bottom of a little valley so

we have tiny lakes, streams and a little swamp nearby, and then some

sandy hills with good views.

Jo

, " Carolyn Hogan " <wordwerks

wrote:

>

> Yeah, Jo, it sure seems that way. We live 6.5 miles from the nearest

town, and there are no streetlights, no sidewalks/footpaths, no

neighbors within 1/4 mile, and no shoulder really on a hilly, curvy

road, so walking or biking on it is dangerous. We have some trails in

the woods and a couple of seasonal creek beds (that have some amazing

limestone formations), but it's been raining nonstop for the past two

days, and I don't want to tear up the fragile ground or get wet and

miserable.......so I tell myself anyway.

>

> Carolyn

Guest guest

amazon.com prime member here. One click shopping, free two-day shipping. I'm an addict. I have piles of books waiting to be read, because every time I hear of one I order it so I won't forget it!

Sharon

Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:35:58 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Yeh, I know what you mean. I never met a bookstore that didn't get some of my hard-earned money.

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

um, yeah--that would be moi. are you sure we weren't separated at birth?

Carolyn

-

Sharon Murch

Friday, November 17, 2006 10:48 AM

amazon.com prime member here. One click shopping, free two-day shipping. I'm an addict. I have piles of books waiting to be read, because every time I hear of one I order it so I won't forget it!

Sharon

Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:35:58 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

sadly...i have a bias against Amazon...

which is bad, considering they constitute a large portion of my companies business....

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 17, 2006 10:30 AM Re: thanxfernuthin

Carolyn

-

Sharon Murch

Sharon

Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:35:58 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Live in San Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area.

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Dare I ask why?

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 11:02:08 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

which is bad, considering they constitute a large portion of my companies business....

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 17, 2006 10:30 AM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Carolyn

-

Sharon Murch

@gro ups.com

Sharon

Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 6:35:58 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

don't sweat

i just loathe their return policy

all the chains do it..

pain in the *ss to work with

you'd sell books, and then 6 months later you'd get half of back....

helluva way t o run a business

plus, on a personal level..i like to hold the book i'm buying...

i like to read it a bit...

i'm odd that way

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:09 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Dare I ask why?

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 11:02:08 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

History repeats itself