IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

thanxfernuthin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn

Unfortunately it happens. Here in the UK begging has been made illegal - after all we can't have people upset by people worse off than themselves!!! I cannot imagine making it illegal to ask for help.

Jo

-

Carolyn MFEMF

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:46 PM

Re: thanxfernuthin

I just joined the vegan chat list a few days ago, but I had to chime in on this one. I'm a member of another list in which I mentioned in a recent post (responding to another vegan's lament) that one of the things I really hate about "thanksgiving" is seeing little kids, namely my nieces, tearing at the body parts of a poor chemical-and hormone-laced turkey mutant. Then, I mentioned the wild turkeys that live on our land and how magnificent they are, how they can even fly, etc. It was a pretty innocuous post as posts go, but I got flamed pretty viciously in private for even mentioning the word "vegan." So these good people will go ahead and have their chemical butterballs and try to forget about my evil, inconveniently truthful post......it reminds me of this woman my sister went to school with who announced one day that seeing a homeless person digging through a garbage can had spoiled her whole afternoon....

Carolyn

-

peter VV

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 1:55 PM

Its that time of year again where intensively produced turkeys are shitting themselves, in anticipation of the mass slaughter to follow their short lifespans.

What I dont understand is this traditional nonsense, where no-one buys turkey for 11 months a year, then everybody has a corpse for chrimbo, why?

Sadly my complaints ( and those of my daughters ) fall on deaf ears with my wife..............sigh.............

The Valley Vegan..............

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

Yes I agree, but most people say they aint too fussy on turkey, and only buy it at chrimbo, just seems daft to me................ The Valley Vegan............jo <jo.heartwork wrote: Hi Peter Usually the people who buy a turkey for Chirstmas are spending the rest of the year buying other animals to eat. It's not like they are veggie/vegan all year

and then decide to have a turkey. Jo - peter VV Tuesday, November 14, 2006 6:55 PM Re: thanxfernuthin Its that time of year again where intensively produced turkeys are shitting themselves, in anticipation of the mass slaughter to follow their short lifespans. What I dont understand is this traditional nonsense,

where no-one buys turkey for 11 months a year, then everybody has a corpse for chrimbo, why? Sadly my complaints ( and those of my daughters ) fall on deaf ears with my wife..............sigh............. The Valley Vegan.............. Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Thanks--it's great to be here, and I definitely think you're right. Just after I went vegan in 1998, I lost a lot of weight and a person I worked with wanted to know how I had done it. I started my explanation with "why" I had gone from "vegetarian" to vegan, and when I came to the horrific parts, she told me she didn't want to hear it. She actually put her fingers in her ears and started singing! Sad.........

-

fraggle

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:24 PM

welcome carolyn

its a sad truth that people get wrapped up in their own worlds, and hate to have anything "rock the boat"

if something comes along that questions or makes them look at their belief systems, they generally get all up in arms

few like to be questioned..........

Guest guest

It does seem as if people see "different from me" as a threat. It had been a couple of years since I was exposed to that reaction, and I was a little taken aback. I feel like I'm learning all the time too and believe it's out there for the taking if you're open to it.

-

flower child

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:55 PM

hi carolyn, i get that all the time in other gruopsI belong to a gardening one and an earth mommmy one.they claim to be liberal and acepting but when I say anything that is questioning or different, they want to kill me.I try being super polite but they still hate me. now I say nothing. I think that vegans get that all the time, in life or online.because I have taken a stand to not hurt other beings, they believe that I am a walking statement of "I am morally superior"but really, I am just a person who is learning all the timenot superior. -anouk

Guest guest

I haven't been back to Chicago for several years, but begging's probably illegal there too by now--stupid. It's like if you can't see them, they aren't there.

-

jo

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:28 AM

Hi Carolyn

Unfortunately it happens. Here in the UK begging has been made illegal - after all we can't have people upset by people worse off than themselves!!! I cannot imagine making it illegal to ask for help.

Jo

-

Carolyn MFEMF

I just joined the vegan chat list a few days ago, but I had to chime in on this one. I'm a member of another list in which I mentioned in a recent post (responding to another vegan's lament) that one of the things I really hate about "thanksgiving" is seeing little kids, namely my nieces, tearing at the body parts of a poor chemical-and hormone-laced turkey mutant. Then, I mentioned the wild turkeys that live on our land and how magnificent they are, how they can even fly, etc. It was a pretty innocuous post as posts go, but I got flamed pretty viciously in private for even mentioning the word "vegan." So these good people will go ahead and have their chemical butterballs and try to forget about my evil, inconveniently truthful post......it reminds me of this woman my sister went to school with who announced one day that seeing a homeless person digging through a garbage can had spoiled her whole afternoon....

Carolyn

-

peter VV

Its that time of year again where intensively produced turkeys are shitting themselves, in anticipation of the mass slaughter to follow their short lifespans.

What I dont understand is this traditional nonsense, where no-one buys turkey for 11 months a year, then everybody has a corpse for chrimbo, why?

Sadly my complaints ( and those of my daughters ) fall on deaf ears with my wife..............sigh.............

Peter H

All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine

Guest guest

So far being vegan has not resulted in any weight loss here. :-( I suppose one could consider that to be a testament to the fact that there is no shortage of good food to be had on a vegan diet, huh?

But since I would like to lose some weight, is it too simplistic to ask what you were eating?

Sharon

Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:09:59 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Thanks--it's great to be here, and I definitely think you're right. Just after I went vegan in 1998, I lost a lot of weight and a person I worked with wanted to know how I had done it. I started my explanation with "why" I had gone from "vegetarian" to vegan, and when I came to the horrific parts, she told me she didn't want to hear it. She actually put her fingers in her ears and started singing! Sad.........

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

welcome carolyn

its a sad truth that people get wrapped up in their own worlds, and hate to have anything "rock the boat"

if something comes along that questions or makes them look at their belief systems, they generally get all up in arms

few like to be questioned.. ........

Guest guest

Yup, shit certainly does happen, and a lot of people have a hard time connecting the effects of their behavior to anything happening outside their own backsides. E.g., I recently got one of those damnable chain e-mails from a person I used to work with. It trashed France, China, and any other country that didn't/doesn't support the US invasion of Iraq, and it ended on that old, familiar note: If you aren't down with what our president is doing in Iraq, why don't you move to China, where you'll be welcomed with open arms (or something to that effect). It was just old, worn-out, meaningless drivel (they still had Mexico's president as Vicente Fox), and I should have deleted it and forgotten about it. But nooooooooooooooo--I couldn't do that. Knowing that my buddy practically lives at Walmart, I wrote back and asked her why doesn't she boycott Walmart, China's eighth largest trading partner? I didn't get an answer, and I'm sure she's still shopping at Walmart. So........I wasted my time and she didn't change her behavior. Plus now, I've probably alienated her. But China bashing by Walmart shoppers--does that make any sense at all?

carolyn

-

peter VV

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:21 AM

Hi Carolyn,

Reality sucks and so does striking a chord no matter how small with peoples conciences. Shit happens, accpet it and deal with it and try and do something about it, unfortunately a alot of people are too far up their own backsides to care about anything other than their own consumer driven lifestyles............mindsets are strange things.

The Valley Vegan.................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:

Carolyn

-

peter VV

Peter H

Peter H

Guest guest

I agree, if you dont feel any empathy from these people, then why hang out with them? I hope you get a lot more from us vegans. The Valley Vegan.................Carolyn Hogan <wordwerks wrote: It does seem as if people see "different from me" as a threat. It had been a couple of years since I was exposed to that reaction, and I was a little taken aback. I

feel like I'm learning all the time too and believe it's out there for the taking if you're open to it. - flower child Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:55 PM Re: thanxfernuthin hi carolyn, i get that all the time in other gruopsI belong to a gardening one and an earth mommmy one.they claim to be liberal and acepting but when I say anything that is questioning

or different, they want to kill me.I try being super polite but they still hate me. now I say nothing. I think that vegans get that all the time, in life or online.because I have taken a stand to not hurt other beings, they believe that I am a walking statement of "I am morally superior"but really, I am just a person who is learning all the timenot superior. -anouk Peter H

Guest guest

Yeah that kind of crap has been around for ages, doesnt have any imagination or poetic liscence does it, just regurgitate another bigots views. Some minds are so closed you`d be wasting your time replying to them. You had to mention Walmart didnt you!, I bet Fraggles alarm is ringing! The Valley Vegan................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks wrote: Yup, shit certainly does happen, and a lot of people have a hard time connecting the effects of their behavior to anything happening outside their own backsides. E.g., I recently got one of those damnable chain e-mails from a person I used to work with. It trashed France, China, and any other country that didn't/doesn't support the US invasion of Iraq, and it ended on that old, familiar note: If you aren't down with what our president is doing in Iraq, why don't you move to China, where you'll be welcomed with open arms (or something to that effect). It was just old, worn-out, meaningless drivel (they still had Mexico's president as Vicente Fox), and I should have deleted it and forgotten about it. But nooooooooooooooo--I couldn't do that. Knowing that my buddy practically lives at Walmart, I wrote back and asked her why doesn't she boycott Walmart, China's eighth largest trading

partner? I didn't get an answer, and I'm sure she's still shopping at Walmart. So........I wasted my time and she didn't change her behavior. Plus now, I've probably alienated her. But China bashing by Walmart shoppers--does that make any sense at all? carolyn - peter VV Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:21 AM Re: thanxfernuthin Hi Carolyn, Reality sucks and so does striking a

chord no matter how small with peoples conciences. Shit happens, accpet it and deal with it and try and do something about it, unfortunately a alot of people are too far up their own backsides to care about anything other than their own consumer driven lifestyles............mindsets are strange things. The Valley Vegan.................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote: I just joined the vegan chat list a few days ago, but I had to chime in on this one. I'm a member of another list in which I mentioned in a recent post (responding to another vegan's lament) that one of the things I really hate about "thanksgiving" is seeing little kids, namely my nieces,

tearing at the body parts of a poor chemical-and hormone-laced turkey mutant. Then, I mentioned the wild turkeys that live on our land and how magnificent they are, how they can even fly, etc. It was a pretty innocuous post as posts go, but I got flamed pretty viciously in private for even mentioning the word "vegan." So these good people will go ahead and have their chemical butterballs and try to forget about my evil, inconveniently truthful post......it reminds me of this woman my sister went to school with who announced one day that seeing a homeless person digging through a garbage can had spoiled her whole afternoon.... Carolyn - peter VV

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 1:55 PM Re: thanxfernuthin Its that time of year again where intensively produced turkeys are shitting themselves, in anticipation of the mass slaughter to follow their short lifespans. What I dont understand is this traditional nonsense, where no-one buys turkey for 11 months a year, then everybody has a corpse for chrimbo, why? Sadly my complaints ( and those of my daughters ) fall on deaf ears with my wife..............sigh............. The Valley Vegan.............. Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger. Peter H

Guest guest

You know vegan dieting is no different to any other, plenty of exercise would be beneficial, and also eat more salads. But please dont take it too far, some people just cant loose weight, just be sensible. The Valley Vegan...............Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: So far being vegan has not resulted

in any weight loss here. :-( I suppose one could consider that to be a testament to the fact that there is no shortage of good food to be had on a vegan diet, huh? But since I would like to lose some weight, is it too simplistic to ask what you were eating? Sharon Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:09:59 AMRe:

thanxfernuthin Thanks--it's great to be here, and I definitely think you're right. Just after I went vegan in 1998, I lost a lot of weight and a person I worked with wanted to know how I had done it. I started my explanation with "why" I had gone from "vegetarian" to vegan, and when I came to the horrific parts, she told me she didn't want to hear it. She actually put her fingers in her ears and started singing! Sad......... - fraggle @gro ups.com Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:24 PM Re: thanxfernuthin welcome carolyn its a sad truth that people get wrapped up in their own worlds, and hate to have anything "rock the boat" if something comes along that questions or makes them look at their belief systems, they generally get all up in arms few like to be questioned.. ........ . Peter H

Guest guest

i'm that bad huh?

*pout*

peter VV Nov 15, 2006 11:47 AM Re: thanxfernuthin

Yeah that kind of crap has been around for ages, doesnt have any imagination or poetic liscence does it, just regurgitate another bigots views. Some minds are so closed you`d be wasting your time replying to them.

You had to mention Walmart didnt you!, I bet Fraggles alarm is ringing!

The Valley Vegan................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks wrote:

Yup, shit certainly does happen, and a lot of people have a hard time connecting the effects of their behavior to anything happening outside their own backsides. E.g., I recently got one of those damnable chain e-mails from a person I used to work with. It trashed France, China, and any other country that didn't/doesn't support the US invasion of Iraq, and it ended on that old, familiar note: If you aren't down with what our president is doing in Iraq, why don't you move to China, where you'll be welcomed with open arms (or something to that effect). It was just old, worn-out, meaningless drivel (they still had Mexico's president as Vicente Fox), and I should have deleted it and forgotten about it. But nooooooooooooooo--I couldn't do that. Knowing that my buddy practically lives at Walmart, I wrote back and asked her why doesn't she boycott Walmart, China's eighth largest trading partner? I didn't get an answer, and I'm sure she's still shopping at Walmart. So........I wasted my time and she didn't change her behavior. Plus now, I've probably alienated her. But China bashing by Walmart shoppers--does that make any sense at all?

carolyn

-

peter VV

Hi Carolyn,

Reality sucks and so does striking a chord no matter how small with peoples conciences. Shit happens, accpet it and deal with it and try and do something about it, unfortunately a alot of people are too far up their own backsides to care about anything other than their own consumer driven lifestyles............mindsets are strange things.

The Valley Vegan.................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:

Carolyn

-

peter VV

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

Guest guest

stop it , or yer face will stay like that........... The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: i'm that bad huh? *pout* peter VV Nov 15, 2006 11:47 AM Re: thanxfernuthin Yeah that kind of crap has been around for

ages, doesnt have any imagination or poetic liscence does it, just regurgitate another bigots views. Some minds are so closed you`d be wasting your time replying to them. You had to mention Walmart didnt you!, I bet Fraggles alarm is ringing! The Valley Vegan................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote: Yup, shit certainly does happen, and a lot of people have a hard time connecting the effects of their behavior to anything happening outside their own backsides. E.g., I recently got one of those damnable chain e-mails from a person I used to work with. It trashed France, China, and any other country that didn't/doesn't support the US invasion of Iraq, and it ended on that old, familiar note: If you aren't down with what our president is

doing in Iraq, why don't you move to China, where you'll be welcomed with open arms (or something to that effect). It was just old, worn-out, meaningless drivel (they still had Mexico's president as Vicente Fox), and I should have deleted it and forgotten about it. But nooooooooooooooo--I couldn't do that. Knowing that my buddy practically lives at Walmart, I wrote back and asked her why doesn't she boycott Walmart, China's eighth largest trading partner? I didn't get an answer, and I'm sure she's still shopping at Walmart. So........I wasted my time and she didn't change her behavior. Plus now, I've probably alienated her. But China bashing by Walmart shoppers--does that make any sense at all? carolyn - peter

VV Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:21 AM Re: thanxfernuthin Hi Carolyn, Reality sucks and so does striking a chord no matter how small with peoples conciences. Shit happens, accpet it and deal with it and try and do something about it, unfortunately a alot of people are too far up their own backsides to care about anything other than their own consumer driven lifestyles............mindsets are strange things. The Valley Vegan.................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote: I just joined the vegan chat list a few days ago, but I had to chime in on this one. I'm a member of another list in which I mentioned in a recent post (responding to another vegan's lament) that one of the things I really hate about "thanksgiving" is seeing little kids, namely my nieces, tearing at the body parts of a poor chemical-and hormone-laced turkey mutant. Then, I mentioned the wild turkeys that live on our land and how magnificent they are, how they can even fly, etc. It was a pretty innocuous post as posts go, but I got flamed pretty viciously in private for even mentioning the word "vegan." So these good people will go ahead and have their chemical butterballs and try to forget about my evil, inconveniently truthful post......it reminds me of this woman my sister went to school with who announced one day that seeing a homeless person digging through a garbage can had spoiled her whole

afternoon.... Carolyn - peter VV Tuesday, November 14, 2006 1:55 PM Re: thanxfernuthin Its that time of year again where intensively produced turkeys are shitting themselves, in anticipation of the mass slaughter to follow their short lifespans. What I dont understand is this traditional nonsense,

where no-one buys turkey for 11 months a year, then everybody has a corpse for chrimbo, why? Sadly my complaints ( and those of my daughters ) fall on deaf ears with my wife..............sigh............. The Valley Vegan.............. Peter H All new Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Guest guest

KEWL!!!!!!

*crosses eyes and sticks out tongue*

here's to hoping

peter VV Nov 15, 2006 12:38 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

stop it , or yer face will stay like that...........

The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i'm that bad huh?

*pout*

Yeah that kind of crap has been around for ages, doesnt have any imagination or poetic liscence does it, just regurgitate another bigots views. Some minds are so closed you`d be wasting your time replying to them.

The Valley Vegan................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:

carolyn

-

peter VV

Hi Carolyn,

Carolyn

-

peter VV

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

weightloss depends on so many factors...age..metabolsim..diet...exercise...

me..i slowly gain wieght year after year

doesn't help that i sit on my *ss all day in an office job driving a desk...

bleh!

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 9:50 AM Re: thanxfernuthin

So far being vegan has not resulted in any weight loss here. :-( I suppose one could consider that to be a testament to the fact that there is no shortage of good food to be had on a vegan diet, huh?

But since I would like to lose some weight, is it too simplistic to ask what you were eating?

Sharon

Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:09:59 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

welcome carolyn

History repeats itself

Guest guest

my god , its like looking in mirror............me too..... The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: weightloss depends on so many factors...age..metabolsim..diet...exercise... me..i slowly gain wieght year after year doesn't help that i sit on my *ss all day in an office job driving a desk... bleh! fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 9:50 AM Re: thanxfernuthin So far being vegan has not resulted in any weight loss here. :-( I suppose one could consider that to be a testament to the fact that there is no shortage of good food to be had on a vegan diet, huh? But since I would like to lose some weight, is it too simplistic to ask what you were eating? Sharon Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:09:59 AMRe: thanxfernuthin Thanks--it's great to be here, and I definitely think you're right. Just after I went vegan in 1998, I lost a lot of weight and a person I worked with wanted to know how I had done it. I started my explanation with "why" I had gone from "vegetarian" to vegan, and when I came to the horrific parts, she told me she didn't want to hear it. She actually put her fingers in her ears and started singing! Sad......... ----- Original

Message ----- fraggle @gro ups.com Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:24 PM Re: thanxfernuthin welcome carolyn its a sad truth that people get wrapped up in their own worlds, and hate to have anything "rock the boat" if something comes along that questions or makes them look at their belief systems, they generally get all up in arms few like to be questioned..

......... . History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Guest guest

sorta sad when "love of one's country" is equaled to blind obediance to a leader...

don't question..

don't think

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 10:11 AM Re: thanxfernuthin

carolyn

-

peter VV

Hi Carolyn,

Carolyn

-

peter VV

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian," I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

-

Sharon Murch

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 12:50 PM

Sharon

Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:09:59 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

welcome carolyn

Guest guest

many US cities are making it illegal to panhandle

heck..at one time i use to spange just to pay my rent..............

Carolyn Hogan Nov 15, 2006 8:29 AM Re: thanxfernuthin

I haven't been back to Chicago for several years, but begging's probably illegal there too by now--stupid. It's like if you can't see them, they aren't there.

-

jo

Hi Carolyn

Jo

-

Carolyn MFEMF

Carolyn

-

peter VV

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

only on my good days

i'm so deleting you from my myspace account now

peter VV Nov 15, 2006 1:13 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

You mean you dont always look like that?

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

KEWL!!!!!!

*crosses eyes and sticks out tongue*

here's to hoping

peter VV Nov 15, 2006 12:38 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

stop it , or yer face will stay like that...........

The Valley Vegan..................fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

i'm that bad huh?

*pout*

The Valley Vegan................Carolyn MFEMF <wordwerks (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:

carolyn

-

peter VV

Hi Carolyn,

Carolyn

-

peter VV

Peter H

Peter H

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

i keep telling myself

"one day a week i'm going to walk to work"

then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly

and that 7 miles just seems impossible..

so just pull the covers back over my head..

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian," I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting--good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

Guest guest

there were some very interesting, clever panhandlers in Chicago; had their own groupies too.

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:24 PM

-

jo

Hi Carolyn

Jo

-

Carolyn MFEMF

Carolyn

-

peter VV

Peter H

History repeats itself

Guest guest

i applaud em when they have that sort of ingenuity

sounds like NYC and berkeleyuse to have the Hate Man on telegraph in berkeley..he had quite a following for awhile there...

Carolyn Hogan Nov 15, 2006 3:12 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

there were some very interesting, clever panhandlers in Chicago; had their own groupies too.

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:24 PM

History repeats itself

Guest guest

i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!!

:)

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting--good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself

Guest guest

Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area.

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!!

:)

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

History repeats itself

History repeats itself