IndiaDivine.org

thanxfernuthin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It would be great during the day, but I don't think I'd like the dark.

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:39:05 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

I like madness..... ......... ......

You ought to try living in the middle of nowhere!, at least theres plenty of greenery.... .......sheep. ......... ...greenery. ......... ........sheep. ......... ...oooh a cow!

The Valley Vegan....... .....fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com> wrote:

cuz the Bay Area is a strip of civilization surrounded by a sea of madness...

:)

as is often said, the midwest starts at the last BART station

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable!

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

well, welcome comrade left coast East Bayer....

there use to be a few bay area folks on here

but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout. ...

:(

been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads.. .

cheers

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Live in San Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area.

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!!

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM

Re: thanxfernuthin

i keep telling myself

"one day a week i'm going to walk to work"

then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly

and that 7 miles just seems impossible..

so just pull the covers back over my head..

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

Sorry to hear that, I guess weve all been on the recieving end of some sort of justice or another. Serve and Protect who? Funny thing is, that a mate of mine that I grew up with from the age of 5 to 17, whos father was a police officer retired, and always looked down his nose at me being scum and all, went on to join the boys in blue. Didnt see much of him after that, he moved away and got married. But on the odd occaision when I did bump in to him, he was like an alien, like we had no history at all? wierd eh?it was like being talked down to by special branch! Anyways he passed away 2 years ago so what the hay. The Valley Vegan...........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote: Yeah, been there! My oldest son is 26, and he could not walk down the street in the town where we lived at the time without the cops stopping him, searching him, generally harrassing him. I started out trying to complain to the PD, but one of the officers took me aside and told me they didn't need to actually find drugs on him to arrest him for dealing, all they needed was somebody to say they saw the deal go down. I took that as the threat it was. They did actually end up getting us

evicted, which was the nicest thing they ever did for us. This all stemmed actually from him being present when a person pushed a police officer down the stairs, and the police insisted that my son must know the identity of the person who did it, and my son insisted he did not. From then on it was unending harrassment. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, November

20, 2006 12:10:24 PMRe: thanxfernuthin i'm actually VERY worried about being on some no-fly list er other.... not to mention the way i dress heck...way back in the 80's, i was put on a watch list because i got labled a "gang member" umm..i wasn't...but. .southern california was over reacting to gang violence back then, so i got sucked up in the net.... Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 2:51 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Well, they'd have to let him on the plane first. Do you think those

Homeland Security folks are gonna let an animal rights activist through? Remember that "t" word. They are probably listening right now....... j/k I think. I heard that the Humane Society has started a legislative arm that supports or fights against candidates for office based on their position on animal rights. Well

it can't hurt. Nobody seems to think the Humane Society is made up of crazy tree huggers, so maybe they will listen. I don't think you even need to be a vegetarian to belong, do you? Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comMonday, November 20, 2006 11:24:12 AMRe: thanxfernuthin I wouldnt let in my shed........ ....... far too draughty, too many windows broken, but always a floor available - just had new carpets and underlay.... ......... . I dont think you

will have any problems leaving the USA and entering GB, but they might not let you back in!!!!!!!!!! ! The Valley Vegan....... .......fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com> wrote: i think i want to just moat off my neck of the woods.... we'll see when i return to merry ol england next spring might have to just hide in yer shed Peter VV assuming i ever get tix and i'm allowed on a plane....... ......... .. peter VV Nov 18, 2006 11:33 AM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Plenty of room over here you two! a bit more geologically (if not politically ) stable too! The Valley Vegan....... ......... .Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable! Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin well, welcome comrade left coast East Bayer.... there use to be a few bay area folks on here but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout. ... :( been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads.. . cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Live in San

Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin Same Oakland.... work in Berkeley cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re:

thanxfernuthin Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area. fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!! :) Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re:

thanxfernuthin Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!! carolyn - fraggle @gro ups.com Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM Re: thanxfernuthin i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back over my head.. someday i hope i hope i hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts,

and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do

it now... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

For a long time after that experience I had a very negative reaction every time I ran into a police officer. Then I went to work where I do, at a large public high school, and we have members of the sheriff's department who are based on our campus. It took a long, long time to warm up to these guys, but they are so different from the other PD. They actually treat the kids with respect. Surprise! Went back to the other town awhile back. Was driving through the parking lot at the shopping center, saw a police car cruising slowly through, and sure enough there was a teenage boy they were cruising after, who they stopped, took to the ground and searched. I guess they do not know that they only promote rebellion by treating the kids this way. They surely do not make them want to obey the law. One of the ills in the world. Sigh. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 wrote: Sorry to hear that, I guess weve all been on the recieving end of some sort of justice or another. Serve and Protect who? Funny thing is, that a mate of mine that I grew up with from the age of 5 to 17, whos father was a police officer retired, and always looked down his nose at me being scum and all, went on to join the boys in blue. Didnt see much of him after that, he moved away and got

married. But on the odd occaision when I did bump in to him, he was like an alien, like we had no history at all? wierd eh?it was like being talked down to by special branch! Anyways he passed away 2 years ago so what the hay. The Valley Vegan...........Sharon Murch <compassion2grace > wrote: Yeah, been there! My oldest son is 26, and he could not walk down the street in the town where we lived at the time without the cops stopping him, searching him, generally harrassing him. I started out trying to complain to the PD, but one of the officers took me aside and told

me they didn't need to actually find drugs on him to arrest him for dealing, all they needed was somebody to say they saw the deal go down. I took that as the threat it was. They did actually end up getting us evicted, which was the nicest thing they ever did for us. This all stemmed actually from him being present when a person pushed a police officer down the stairs, and the police insisted that my son must know the identity of the person who did it, and my son insisted he did not. From then on it was unending harrassment. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 12:10:24 PMRe: thanxfernuthin i'm actually VERY worried about being on some no-fly list er other.... not to mention the way i dress heck...way back in the 80's, i was put on a watch list because i got labled a "gang member" umm..i wasn't...but. .southern california was over reacting to gang violence back then, so i got sucked up in the net.... Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 2:51 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Well, they'd have to let him on the plane first. Do you think those Homeland Security folks are gonna let an animal rights activist through? Remember that "t" word. They are probably listening right now....... j/k I think. I heard that the Humane Society has started a legislative arm that supports or fights against candidates for office based on their position on animal rights. Well it can't hurt. Nobody seems to think the Humane Society is made up of crazy tree huggers, so maybe they will listen. I don't think you even need to be a vegetarian to belong, do you? Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comMonday, November 20, 2006 11:24:12 AMRe: thanxfernuthin I

wouldnt let in my shed........ ....... far too draughty, too many windows broken, but always a floor available - just had new carpets and underlay.... ......... . I dont think you will have any problems leaving the USA and entering GB, but they might not let you back in!!!!!!!!!! ! The Valley Vegan....... .......fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com> wrote: i think i want to just moat off my neck of the woods.... we'll see when i return to merry ol england next spring might have to just hide in yer shed Peter VV assuming i ever get tix and i'm allowed on a plane....... ......... .. peter VV Nov 18, 2006

11:33 AM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Plenty of room over here you two! a bit more geologically (if not politically ) stable too! The Valley Vegan....... ......... .Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote: Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable! Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin well, welcome comrade left coast East Bayer.... there use to be a few bay area folks on here but they all seem to have gone walk-a-bout. ... :( been here in oakland meself the last..17 yrs..egads.. . cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 3:01 PM @gro ups.com

Re: thanxfernuthin Live in San Leandro, work in Castro Valley here. My daughter works in Berkeley. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin Same Oakland.... work in Berkeley cheers fraggle Sharon Murch Nov 15, 2006 8:35 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Where are you fraggle? I'm in the east San Francisco Bay area. fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can

be a bad thing!!! :) Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 3:11 PM @gro ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!! carolyn - fraggle @gro ups.com Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:42 PM Re: thanxfernuthin i keep telling myself "one day a week i'm going to walk to work" then i wake up..its still dark out..its chilly and that 7 miles just seems impossible.. so just pull the covers back over my head.. someday i hope i hope i hope... Carolyn MFEMF Nov 15, 2006 1:19 PM @gro

ups.com Re: thanxfernuthin Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-) carolyn History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H The all-new Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from your Internet provider.

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $310,000 Mortgage for $999/mo - Calculate new house payment

hear stories all the time how this activist or that lecturer wasn't allowed on a plane

i can just picture me arriving at SFO (san francisco airport) and then getting hussled into a room fer 8 hours....

before..security use to just laugh when i'd come thru....

peter VV Nov 20, 2006 2:24 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

I wouldnt let in my shed...............

far too draughty, too many windows broken, but always a floor available - just had new carpets and underlay..............

I dont think you will have any problems leaving the USA and entering GB, but they might not let you back in!!!!!!!!!!!

The Valley Vegan..............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

i think i want to just moat off my neck of the woods....

we'll see when i return to merry ol england next spring

might have to just hide in yer shed Peter VV

assuming i ever get tix and i'm allowed on a plane..................

peter VV Nov 18, 2006 11:33 AM Re: thanxfernuthin

History repeats itself

and each time the price gets higher

do you have a fear of the dark sharon??

i'd often freak myself out while camping, but staring up at the night sky

there'\s soooo many stars when you are away from the city

its enormous

it often feels like i'm falling upward

and..since i have a fear of falling, its exhilearting and terrifying....

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 3:56 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

You ought to try living in the middle of nowhere!, at least theres plenty of greenery.... .......sheep. ......... ...greenery. ......... ........sheep. ......... ...oooh a cow!

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM @gro ups.com

History repeats itself

Hi Peter

I like the ocean - when I'm on the shore.

Jo

-

peter VV

Monday, November 20, 2006 7:54 PM

I am not too fond of the ocean, since I foresaw my death in it years ago............

The Valley Vegan...............Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote:

Perhaps. The desert has its own beauties, though. My favorite place of all is the ocean, but the desert is generally less expensive!

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 12:45:50 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

I think I would miss all the greenery.

The valley Vegan....... .......Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote:

Ah, that is my daughter's dream ... to move to England. She actually searches out properties for sale through the internet. She is 12 year old, by the way. But if my dogs can't go, I can't go. I've been thinking maybe the desert. I dunno why, but in my more mature years I have developed a real love for the desert.

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>@gro ups.comSaturday, November 18, 2006 8:33:06 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Plenty of room over here you two! a bit more geologically (if not politically ) stable too!

The Valley Vegan....... ......... .Sharon Murch <compassion2grace@ > wrote:

Been hereabouts since 1968 myself. My parents moved me here, of course. I thought it was a great idea at the time, but I've since come to wonder just why anybody would choose to live on a major fault PLUS pay way more to do it than you would pay somewhere else more stable!

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comFriday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comThursday, November 16, 2006 12:04:04 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, November 15, 2006 4:16:14 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

i go fer a walk generally at lunch..but always seem to end up at Cody's bookstore..which trust..it can be a bad thing!!!

Ironically, I don't get as much exercise now that we've moved to the stix, but in Minneapolis, I used to love to do the long walk on the pedestrian bridge over the Mississippi, then along the bank, then back over and back to my office. If I didn't have any issues to deal with at work, I would go out walking at lunch no matter how cold or nasty it was, but it would be nearly impossible for me to do what you're attempting-- good luck!!!

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

Well, it was more a matter of what I stopped eating when I went from vegetarian to vegan. As a "vegetarian, " I was eating lots and lots of ice cream, pizza, milk, buttermilk, cottage cheese, donuts, and huge greasy cheese omelets. Otherwise, my diet was pretty good--fruits, veggies, whole grains, hummus, lentils, beans, nuts, nut butters, etc., so when I subtracted all the dairy and eggs, pounds fell off. Oh, and I did start walking 2-3 miles a day several days a week at about the same time, so I'm sure that had a big impact too. There are lots of good vegan things around now to eat, but mostly they're expensive processed foods. I treat myself once in a while, but mostly, I try to eat close to the plant, if you know what I mean ;-)

carolyn

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets

higher

Peter H

Copy addresses and emails from any email account to Mail - quick, easy and free. Do it now...

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

my God , its full of stars............ The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: do you have a fear of the dark sharon?? i'd often freak myself out while camping, but staring up at the night sky there'\s soooo many stars when you are away from the city its enormous it often feels like i'm falling upward and..since i have a fear of falling, its exhilearting and

terrifying.... Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 3:56 PM Re: thanxfernuthin It would be great during the day, but I don't think I'd like the dark. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>To:

Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:39:05 AMRe: thanxfernuthin I like madness..... ......... ...... You ought to try living in the middle of nowhere!, at least theres plenty of greenery.... .......sheep. ......... ...greenery. ......... ........sheep. ......... ...oooh a cow! The Valley Vegan....... .....fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com> wrote: cuz the Bay Area is a strip of civilization surrounded by a sea of madness... :) as is often said, the midwest starts at the last BART station :) Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM @gro

ups.com History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal

Hi Peter

I like Madness too - especially Baggy Trousers. I also like Welsh sheep - they are very friendly.

Jo

-

peter VV

Monday, November 20, 2006 7:39 PM

I like madness....................

You ought to try living in the middle of nowhere!, at least theres plenty of greenery...........sheep.............greenery..................sheep.............oooh a cow!

The Valley Vegan............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 2:32:07 PMRe: thanxfernuthin

cheers

fraggle

Sharon

Same

Oakland....

work in Berkeley

cheers

fraggle

carolyn

-

fraggle

@gro ups.com

i keep telling myself

someday

i hope i hope i hope...

carolyn

History repeats itself and each time the price gets higherHistory repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Hi Fraggle

We always see the stars here because we live in the countryside with no street lighting. It is lovely - and so vast. I like your description of falling upward - that's exactly right. We were supposed to have Leonids last night, but it was thick cloud. When our daughter stayed here for a while she went out into the garden in the early hours, just to look at the sky. She lives in London, so never sees the stars.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, November 20, 2006 10:33 PM

its enormous

Sharon

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM @gro ups.com

History repeats itself

I'm sorry Dave, i really can't do that.....

peter VV Nov 20, 2006 5:52 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

my God , its full of stars............

The Valley Vegan.............fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

its enormous

Sharon

peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:39:05 AMRe: thanxfernuthin

Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM @gro ups.com History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Peter H

Try the all-new Mail . "The New Version is radically easier to use" The Wall Street Journal

History repeats itself

Well, I must admit I haven't seen too much of it. But I imagine it could be scary. One of the most harrowing trips of my life was when I was driving home from Lake Tahoe (on I-50?) in the dark. The headlights of my car illuminated one side of the narrow, winding road, which was a sheer rock wall. On the other side was ... nothing. Just a big black dark nothing, and with not much between me and it. It was very scary. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: do you have a fear of the dark sharon?? i'd often freak myself out while camping, but staring up at the night sky there'\s soooo many stars when you are away from the city its enormous it often feels like i'm falling upward and..since i have a fear of falling, its exhilearting and terrifying.... Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 3:56 PM Re: thanxfernuthin It would be great during the day, but I don't think

I'd like the dark. Sharon peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 11:39:05 AMRe: thanxfernuthin I like madness..... ......... ...... You ought to try living in the middle of nowhere!, at least theres plenty of greenery.... .......sheep. ......... ...greenery. ......... ........sheep. ......... ...oooh a cow! The Valley Vegan....... .....fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.com> wrote: cuz the Bay Area is a strip of civilization surrounded by a sea of madness... :) as is often said, the midwest starts at the last BART station :) Sharon Murch Nov 17, 2006 8:59 PM @gro ups.com History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new house payment

hi peter,

I feel the same. I am not fond of deep waters.

I never learned to swim and I drown in my own bathtub.

when I was a little girl I live in the caribeean for a while

and my older cousins would dump me in the beach, I don't like beaches.

my husband has a fear of driving on a bridge. nobody's perfect.

I however, love heights and love to be in planes and the tallest

buildings I love to look down and pretend that I fly. As a kid,I would

save up money

to ride up mountains on those little wire cars.

I once applied as a window washer but my husband talked me out of it.

anouk

, peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Well none around where I live but when we do venture near the coast

on hols, I tend to stick to swimming pools.

>

> The Valley Vegan.................

>

> Sharon Murch <compassion2grace wrote:

> Well that's not pleasant. It is a terrifying force,

the ocean, but I think that is part of its beauty. As much as I'd

love to live there, I wouldn't buy a house there simply because the

ocean is always reclaiming its ground bit by bit, and sometimes major

chunks at a time. Of course, I'd love to see a volcano erupt too.

>

> So you avoid the ocean altogether?

>

> Sharon

Hi Sharon

>but one of the officers took me aside and told me they didn't need to actually find drugs on him to arrest him for dealing, all they needed was somebody to say they saw the deal go down.

My suspicion is that they were trying it on. The police tend to work on the basis that people don't know the law, so can get away with making statements like that. I don't know American law, but I know that if they arrested someone for drug dealing without any firm evidence (like having drugs on them), they'd be opening themselves up to being sued for wrongful arrest. A witness statement is only any good if it is backed up by evidence.

BB

Peter

Hi Sharon

>The headlights of my car illuminated one side of the narrow, winding road, which was a sheer rock wall. On the

> other side was ... nothing. Just a big black dark nothing, and with not much between me and it.

>It was very scary.

I just can't help thinking of the Twilight Zone movie.... " Do you wanna see something really scary? "

BB

Peter

several years ago, i found out the hard way that my partner at the time had a fear of cliffs

we just happened to be driving on the 50 by Tahoe...

lets jsut say it wasn't very pleasant....

Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 5:31 PM Re: thanxfernuthin

Well, I must admit I haven't seen too much of it. But I imagine it could be scary. One of the most harrowing trips of my life was when I was driving home from Lake Tahoe (on I-50?) in the dark. The headlights of my car illuminated one side of the narrow, winding road, which was a sheer rock wall. On the other side was ... nothing. Just a big black dark nothing, and with not much between me and it.

It was very scary.

Sharon

fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

its enormous

History repeats itself

I think you are right, Peter, except that from what I know, the juvenile courts here can kind of run on their own steam. I know a child who was made a ward of the state because an ex-husband claimed something happened to her which the child herself said did not, and which did not. Any court that will take the word of an ex-husband against all evidence ... well, they don't play by the same rules as the rest of us. And I also figured that if they wanted to, they could create some evidence. Anyway, they had me scared. SharonPeter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote: Hi Sharon >but one of the officers took me aside and told me they didn't need to actually find drugs on him to arrest him for dealing, all they needed was somebody to say they saw the deal go down. My suspicion is that they were trying it on. The police tend to work on the basis that people don't know the law, so can get away with making statements like that. I don't know American law, but I know that if they arrested someone for drug dealing without any firm evidence (like having drugs on them), they'd be opening themselves up to being sued for wrongful arrest. A witness statement is only any good if it is backed up by evidence. BB Peter

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $310,000 Mortgage for $999/mo - Calculate new house payment

Dirving on 50 by Tahoe is a good way to DEVELOP a fear of cliffs!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: several years ago, i found out the hard way that my partner at the time had a fear of cliffs we just happened to be driving on the 50 by Tahoe... lets jsut say it wasn't very pleasant.... Sharon Murch Nov 20, 2006 5:31 PM To:

Re: thanxfernuthin Well, I must admit I haven't seen too much of it. But I imagine it could be scary. One of the most harrowing trips of my life was when I was driving home from Lake Tahoe (on I-50?) in the dark. The headlights of my car illuminated one side of the narrow, winding road, which was a sheer rock wall. On the other side was ... nothing. Just a big black dark nothing, and with not much between me and it. It was very scary. Sharon fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: do you have a fear of the dark sharon?? i'd often freak myself out while camping, but staring up at the

night sky there'\s soooo many stars when you are away from the city its enormous it often feels like i'm falling upward and..since i have a fear of falling, its exhilearting and terrifying.... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates near 39yr lows. $510,000 Mortgage for $1,698/mo - Calculate new house payment

doesn't really matter on a lot of accounts....

harrassment is very common here, and even if you know your rights..

A they are being eroded anyways on a daily basis

b. going up against "city hall" is expensive

Peter Kebbell Nov 21, 2006 4:31 AM Re: thanxfernuthin

Hi Sharon

>but one of the officers took me aside and told me they didn't need to actually find drugs on him to arrest him for dealing, all they needed was somebody to say they saw the deal go down.

My suspicion is that they were trying it on. The police tend to work on the basis that people don't know the law, so can get away with making statements like that. I don't know American law, but I know that if they arrested someone for drug dealing without any firm evidence (like having drugs on them), they'd be opening themselves up to being sued for wrongful arrest. A witness statement is only any good if it is backed up by evidence.

BB

Peter

History repeats itself

what is odd, is that i have a fear of falling

yet the 50 and its cliffside don't scare me at all

neither does highway 1 down in big sur....

but stick me on the roof of a building..er try and get me to go up (or down!) a ladder, and i'm doomed

Shhhhh Nov 21, 2006 9:37 AM Re: thanxfernuthin Dirving on 50 by Tahoe is a good way to DEVELOP a fear of cliffs!fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

several years ago, i found out the hard way that my partner at the time had a fear of cliffs

lets jsut say it wasn't very pleasant....

History repeats itself

Hmmm. Do you have an inordinate trust in the automobile? I totally distrust them myself. I have dreams of falling. More to the point, I have dreams of flying ... sometimes at the end of a rope or something, and I go higher and higher and higher, and it is exhilerating but frightening because I know of the fall that is inevitably to come. And it does. I get the full sensation in my dreams. There was a time I just went out and started riding roller coasters just to tame the fear. It did help. But highway 50 ... I see that as the possibility of actual death! sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote: what is odd, is that i have a fear of falling yet the 50 and its cliffside don't scare me at all neither does highway 1 down in big sur.... but stick me on the roof of a building..er try and get me to go up (or down!) a ladder, and i'm doomed Shhhhh Nov 21, 2006 9:37 AM Re: thanxfernuthin Dirving on 50 by Tahoe is a good way to DEVELOP a fear of cliffs!fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote: several years ago, i found out the hard way that my partner at the time had a fear of cliffs we just happened to be driving on the 50 by Tahoe... lets jsut say it wasn't very pleasant.... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

considering all the times i've been hit by them, and all the accidents i've been in, absolutely not!

i don't even drive....

i ride a motorcyle..and thats all i'll do....

refuse to drive ever again...

as for flying in dreams...

i call those nightmares.....

Shhhhh Nov 21, 2006 11:01 AM Re: thanxfernuthin

Hmmm. Do you have an inordinate trust in the automobile? I totally distrust them myself.

I have dreams of falling. More to the point, I have dreams of flying ... sometimes at the end of a rope or something, and I go higher and higher and higher, and it is exhilerating but frightening because I know of the fall that is inevitably to come. And it does. I get the full sensation in my dreams. There was a time I just went out and started riding roller coasters just to tame the fear. It did help. But highway 50 ... I see that as the possibility of actual death!

sharonfraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

what is odd, is that i have a fear of falling

yet the 50 and its cliffside don't scare me at all

neither does highway 1 down in big sur....

but stick me on the roof of a building..er try and get me to go up (or down!) a ladder, and i'm doomed

Shhhhh Nov 21, 2006 9:37 AM Re: thanxfernuthin Dirving on 50 by Tahoe is a good way to DEVELOP a fear of cliffs!fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) com> wrote:

lets jsut say it wasn't very pleasant.... History repeats itself and each time the price gets higher

Sponsored LinkMortgage rates as low as 4.625% - $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro-*Terms

History repeats itself