IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Life After Death

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here I am sending to all this text again, because I have left a mistake and at least the most of the readers have not understood the sense of this sentence I have amended. The wrong sentence is written in italics. The correct text is written below it in bold. The highlighted part is the amended part of the sentence.

Sorry about the mistake

Yannisioannis Tsoucas <itsoucas wrote:

Blablabla, Peter,

Easter is called in Western Europe languages. In the Orthodox countries we say: Pas-ha = Passover.

We Christians have put Christmas as well into the date of a pagan feast, so people have to decide, either they celebrate something what is for and from the only living God, the God of the Christians or they do something else.

The sense is something else: Are you with the living God or are you against the living God. In the second case you are the loser, because this world has been created by God.

That here on this earth not much is working it is properly and according to the plans of God, this the work of us human beings, because we have gone far away from God.

That here on this earth not much is workign properly, it is not according to the plans of God, this is the work of us human beings, because we have gone far away from God

Most people put other things in the place number one, the don't put God there and this is not logical.

But God is showing us the way, for example His celebration of the Resurrection in Jerusalem. Here it happens every time, and every one with good will can look at it, can take so much information as (s)he wants and decide: With God or against God.

YannisPeter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Yannis

> It is not much to explain if you look into the proposed website www.holyfire.org, but I want to write some words about. Tomorrow is Easter.

> What is Easter?

Actually, Easter is the celebration of the Celtic Goddess Eostre (hence the name Easter!) - it's an ancient fertility festival, hence the fertility symbols such as bunny rabbits and eggs. Unfortunately, when the Christians nicked it, they decided to change it from a solar festival to a lunar one for some unknown reason, but they kept all the rest of the festivities the same, and just super-imposed a little bit of their own mythology onto it!

BB

PeterTo send an email to -

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now To send an email to -

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

Hi Peter,

In your sense your maths teacher was dangerous as well, because, (s)he told you: If you don't agree that 1+1 = 2, that would be 100% wrong.

I never was interested to make things myself as I would like them. I only was interested to know what is true and what is wrong.Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Yannis

> The sense is something else: Are you with the living God or are you against the living God. In the second case you are the loser, because this world has been

> created by God. That here on this earth not much is working it is properly and according to the plans of God, this the work of us human beings, because we have

> gone far away from God. Most people put other things in the place number one, the don't put God there and this is not logical.

> But God is showing us the way, for example His celebration of the Resurrection in Jerusalem. Here it happens every time, and every one with good will can look

> at it, can take so much information as (s)he wants and decide: With God or against God.

You seem to have some very dangerous views - the same as those which led to the torture and burning of heretics... "either you believe what I believe or you are wrong".

What do you really know about Jesus and were you ever interested to learn about?

I still find it intriguing that the story of Jesus is near enough a direct copy of stories which predated Jesus by several centuries - why do you celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, rather than that of Dionysus? People were celebrating that story for centuries before Christians thought of joining in.

It seems to me that there is a real upsurge in Christian fundamentalism lately, and this is very worrying for those of us who follow other religions.

Tell the following first to your maths teacher as me and (s)he are only interested to know what is true and what is wrong, fully independent from feelings.

Yannis... why can't you just accept that you believe one thing and that others believe something else, without telling everyone else that they are wrong and must believe the same as you "or else"?

BB

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now

Guest guest

Hi Jo,

As I have written already in my previous e-mail: It is not much to explain if you look into the proposed website www.holyfire.org. But if you refuse to go into the proposed website, why and what should I write here??????? All the information is in this other website. If you don't want to read this other website, sorry, I don't want to re-write the other website here.

Yannis

Heartwork <Heartwork wrote:

Hi Ioannis

I don't want to go and look at another website - you have bought the subject to this list - presumably for discussion.

I don't agree with what you say. I appreciate your right to believe whatever you like, but you must realise that we don't all believe the same thing - and just as you may think we are wrong - we may think you are wrong. While I realise that what you have said must make perfect sense to you you must realise that it doesn't to me. I do not believe in God, heaven, hell or the need for forgiveness of sins.

In your previous mail you gave the impression that you thought the lighting of the candles or holy fire was a miracle, and I wondered if you could explain why you thought this.

Jo

It is not much to explain if you look into the proposed website www.holyfire.org, but I want to write some words about. Tomorrow is Easter.

What is Easter?

God is a Trinity, i.e. God is one and in the same time three; Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Therefore we humans are a trinity as well, as we are the picture of God: Soul, Spirit, Body.

Because the first humans as described in the bible did not do what God told them, therefore they had to leave the paradise, i.e. the life with God. But God has loved His created Human Being so much, so he has put on the way the Salvation for the Human Being: He sent His Son to be born by the virgin Mary, i.e. without a human man involved: The Lord Jesus Christ has no human father. This Lord Jesus Christ had to take all the sins of us human beings on himself voluntarily and for that to die on the Cross. As He himself has done not even one little sin, he has been risen by God on the third day. On this way, for every one, who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, the death has lost all his power. This resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ is being celebrated every year at Easter (Easter = celebration of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the death and los of power of the death for the human beings who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and follow Him). The separa! tion

between body, and soul/spirit, which usually is called death is not a real death, because the soul/spirit continues to live and to be conscious and this is a state for a time only, until every one will see the Lord Jesus Christ in His Glory in the future.

This celebration of the resurrection is not celebrated by the Christians only, but it is celebrated by God as well and off course.

The way we see with our human eyes how God is celebrating the resurrection is: Without any natural means, God is lighting the candles of the Orthodox Christians during the celebration, i.e. today night.

More questions are wellcome.

Happy Resurrection to all

YannisHeartwork <Heartwork wrote:

Hi Ioannis

I'm sorry - but what you've said doesn't explain what is supposed to happen. Would you like to explain what you are talking about.

Jo

Here is something from the living God:

How God is celebrating the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ every time at Easter with the Orthodox Christians, in Jerusalem in lighting their candles:

1) www.holyfire.org

2) via my own website: www.geocities.com/itsoucas

What happens in Jerusalem at Easter in the Holy Sepulchre, when the Orthodox Christians celebrate the Resurrection cannot be something natural. It only can be the work of God, because:

Natural phenomenons happen regurally, when the physical conditions allow it. But the Holy Fire (others call it Holy Light) is given once a year at the celebration of the resurrection by the Orthodox Christians. This celebration is not only once a year, it is not at the same date of the year as well. So no one can say seriously it is a rare natural phenomenon, that happens once a year. But it is allways at the date and time of the celebration of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ by the Orthodox Christians

The celebation is in this year 2004 at the same day with other Christians, but usually it is not at the same day. The calculation of the date is different by the Orthodox Christians than by other Christians.

In the past, other Chistians have thrown out of the Church the Orthodox Christians via the way of political power and violence. But God gave His Holy Fire to the Orthodox Christians, standing outsite of the Church.

Any more serious contradictions???

Yannissimonpjones <simonpjones wrote:

He preached the way he thought God wanted us to live.And the first thing God is quoted as saying to humanity in the bible is avegan diet for human and non human species..."everything with the breath oflife in it"> I disagree. It stands to reason that all these ideas must have beenaround> before. Jesus didn't invent anything new. He just preached the way he> thought everybody should live. With regard to veganism - there werevegans> before Jesus (who wasn't vegan). I believe one of the oldest skeletonshad> tests done on it that proved he was a vegan.>> Jo> > I'm sure the teachings were around before Christ..but am not sure they> would> > of been embraced unless Christ embraced them first...I've not heard of> > anyone or group that practiced such teachings before

Christ....Jesus is> > quoted in the new testament reading from the old testament...I'm surehe> > would of embraced a vegan diet as well. The Vatican should release allthe> > written papers it has from that era. I'm sure if Jesus was alive todayhe> > would be knocking on the Vaticans door wanting an explanation.>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Passover (Pas-ha) is for the Jews the liberation from Egypt at the times of the Pharaos (Pharao = King, Emperor in the classic Egyptian times) and through this liberation their freedom to worship the only living God.

Passover (Pas-ha) is for the Christians the liberation from the death through the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

If someone is apathetic and desinterested in "my" God, this is up to her/him. I didn't say anything against. And I didn't say anything that comes from me as well. I only said what I know. What everyone makes, I cannot, and I don't want to influence him/her.

Bush is a war criminal. Myself I have refused even to do military service.

And Bush is a so called "born again Christian", something like a fanatical and blind so-called "Christian" sect.

Other questions about Bush? Ask his American voters. I am not American and people like me never vote for any Bushes.

Heartwork <Heartwork wrote:

Ioannis

Blablabla, Peter, ???

I thought Passover was a Jewish festival. Why do you assume that people are either with your god or against your god? Had you not thought that we could be simply apathetic and disinterested in you god?

I feel that the way you talk is a little dangerous - just as George Bush using the phrase 'with us or against us' was dangerous - and somewhat warlike! Maybe you could ponder on the point that people who do not believe the same as you are neither with you or against you but merely alongside you.

Jo

Easter is called in Western Europe languages. In the Orthodox countries we say: Pas-ha = Passover.

We Christians have put Christmas as well into the date of a pagan feast, so people have to decide, either they celebrate something what is for and from the only living God, the God of the Christians or they do something else.

The sense is something else: Are you with the living God or are you against the living God. In the second case you are the loser, because this world has been created by God. That here on this earth not much is working it is properly and according to the plans of God, this the work of us human beings, because we have gone far away from God. Most people put other things in the place number one, the don't put God there and this is not logical.

But God is showing us the way, for example His celebration of the Resurrection in Jerusalem. Here it happens every time, and every one with good will can look at it, can take so much information as (s)he wants and decide: With God or against God.

YannisPeter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Yannis

> It is not much to explain if you look into the proposed website www.holyfire.org, but I want to write some words about. Tomorrow is Easter.

> What is Easter?

Actually, Easter is the celebration of the Celtic Goddess Eostre (hence the name Easter!) - it's an ancient fertility festival, hence the fertility symbols such as bunny rabbits and eggs. Unfortunately, when the Christians nicked it, they decided to change it from a solar festival to a lunar one for some unknown reason, but they kept all the rest of the festivities the same, and just super-imposed a little bit of their own mythology onto it!

BB

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now To send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

Wrong!

We Christians have changed the weekly celebration day from Sabbath (Saturday) to Sunday, because our Lord Jesus Christ has been resurrected at that day.

In other languages we don't use pagan names for the days of the week. In Greek, Italian, French, Spanish, Portugese and more languages we use words meaning: the day of the Lord (Jesus Christ).

And what would you say if we had kept Sabbath (Saturday)? The word Saturday means the day of Saturn, a pagan god.

In the languages Greek Italian and French the name for Saturday is means Sabbath.simonpjones <simonpjones wrote:

This is the problem Constantine people (The Vatican) caused...It changed the Sabbath from saturday to sunday( the pagans worship day) and helped mix pagan traditions with Christs message.

I think the Seventh Day Adventist are the only Christian gathers that keep to the saturday and encourage a veggie/vegan diet.

Simon

---- Original Message -----

Peter

Saturday, April 10, 2004 5:25 PM

Re: Re: Life After Death

Hi Yannis

> Any more serious contradictions???

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, but you might want to look into the story of Dionysus... it pre-dates the Jesus story by several centuries, but apart from the names of people and places, the story is identical.. so, are they celebrating the story of Jesus in Jerusalem, or the original?

BB

PeterTo send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/12/04 2:57:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time, metalscarab writes:

Surely it doesn't make any difference *which* day you count as the seventh one?

i'm sure wars have started over less....

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/12/04 2:57:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, metalscarab writes:

I blame whoever it was who invented the layout of the modern keyboard.... what idiot was it who put the 4 next to the 5? :-)

sounds like a conspiracy!! freemasons er rosecrucians no doubt...

er maybe flat earthers..

the mind reels...

Guest guest

In the languages English, Dutch, German and others the word God comes from the word for "good".

But to turn the word God into the word Good this is not sufficient, because God is good, but good is not God, even if we should be always good.

Yannissimonpjones <simonpjones wrote:

What I do is turn the word God into the word Good. Good is something most of us want.

In that context it is not so fundmental..more likely something to be embraced if you are seeking the common good.

Simon

-

Peter

Saturday, April 10, 2004 6:45 PM

Hi Yannis

> The sense is something else: Are you with the living God or are you against the living God. In the second case you are the loser, because this world has been

> created by God. That here on this earth not much is working it is properly and according to the plans of God, this the work of us human beings, because we have

> gone far away from God. Most people put other things in the place number one, the don't put God there and this is not logical.

> But God is showing us the way, for example His celebration of the Resurrection in Jerusalem. Here it happens every time, and every one with good will can look

> at it, can take so much information as (s)he wants and decide: With God or against God.

You seem to have some very dangerous views - the same as those which led to the torture and burning of heretics... "either you believe what I believe or you are wrong".

I still find it intriguing that the story of Jesus is near enough a direct copy of stories which predated Jesus by several centuries - why do you celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, rather than that of Dionysus? People were celebrating that story for centuries before Christians thought of joining in.

It seems to me that there is a real upsurge in Christian fundamentalism lately, and this is very worrying for those of us who follow other religions.

Yannis... why can't you just accept that you believe one thing and that others believe something else, without telling everyone else that they are wrong and must believe the same as you "or else"?

BB

Guest guest

Hi Yannis

> In your sense your maths teacher was dangerous as well, because, (s)he told you: If you don't agree that 1+1 = 2, that would be 100% wrong.

Actually, my Maths teacher showed me how to prove that 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2. Unfortunately I can't remember how it worked now as it's not all that important!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi,

On the top of the page, at the very left side, you can see the word "English". It is written with different letters than the words for other languages. If you click on the word "English" with the mouse, then you will see the text in English.

The question is here not in the polemic sense as:

"My religion is correct", "your religion is wrong", but: What is correct? What is wrong? Every one who can say something correct is welcome.shahara97 wrote:

first of all, the site holyfire.org doesn't appear to be offered in English, and i don't have the desire to wade thru it in German at the moment...secondly, the statement and sort of beliefs stated below are presumptous and racist (*my* religion is right, yours is wrong) and is the main reason we have no peace on earth...nothing to do with a god, but with the people who made him up to follow him and do damage to others in 'his' name for their own gain.just feel the energy this sort of discussion breeds :::shudder:::my 2 £,~shahara lefay

Are you with the living God or are you against the living God. In the second case you are the loser, because this world has been> created by God.www.terrasoluna.orgTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Yannis

> Wrong!

> We Christians have changed the weekly celebration day from Sabbath (Saturday) to Sunday, because our Lord Jesus Christ has been resurrected at that day.

Actually, it was changed by the Emperor Constantine in the early 5th century - up until then, the Sabbath was still celebrated on Saturday. Constantine's reason... although he officially converted to Christianity, he remained a high priest of Sol Invictus, a sun worshipping religion, and wanted to co-incide the Christian day of worship with the one for Sol Invictus.

Aside from anything else, it seems highly unlikely that Jesus was resurrected on a Sunday... if that were the case, then taking the time line in the Bible, he was crucified on Friday.. and then, supposedly, buried on Friday evening. No way. Sorry, but Jesus was Jewish, and there is no way that his Jewish family or friends would have buried him after dark on the Sabbath! Far more likely that Jesus was crucified mid week.

> In other languages we don't use pagan names for the days of the week. In Greek, Italian, French, Spanish, Portugese and more languages we use words meaning:

> the day of the Lord (Jesus Christ).

I can't comment on most of those languages, but French...

Mardi = Mars Day

Mercredi = Mercury Day

Jeudi = Juno / Jupiter Day

> And what would you say if we had kept Sabbath (Saturday)? The word Saturday means the day of Saturn, a pagan god.

What do you think the Sun is?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Can you explain what you mean in the following:-

Every one who can say something correct is welcome.

Guest guest

My understanding is contantine wanted to convert the sun worshipping people to his form of Christianity...and as they worshipped on Sundays...(all over the world the Sun was the most worshipped god...worshipping statues. idols etc) he ignored the biblical teachings...and as most people then couldn't read or at least couldn't read latin, he built the catholic churches.

By the way in ST Peters in Rome has a statue or Mary cradling a little sun in her arms. The Sabbath was given as a holy day..if you respected that you wouldn't change the day at all

.. The brief reason I have given for the day change in the correct one.

The Vatican can't tell the worlds churches the real reason for the change...as the day would have to be put back to saturday.

Simon

ioannis Tsoucas

Monday, April 12, 2004 7:31 PM

Wrong!

We Christians have changed the weekly celebration day from Sabbath (Saturday) to Sunday, because our Lord Jesus Christ has been resurrected at that day.

In other languages we don't use pagan names for the days of the week. In Greek, Italian, French, Spanish, Portugese and more languages we use words meaning: the day of the Lord (Jesus Christ).

And what would you say if we had kept Sabbath (Saturday)? The word Saturday means the day of Saturn, a pagan god.

In the languages Greek Italian and French the name for Saturday is means Sabbath.simonpjones <simonpjones wrote:

This is the problem Constantine people (The Vatican) caused...It changed the Sabbath from saturday to sunday( the pagans worship day) and helped mix pagan traditions with Christs message.

I think the Seventh Day Adventist are the only Christian gathers that keep to the saturday and encourage a veggie/vegan diet.

Simon

Peter

Saturday, April 10, 2004 5:25 PM

Hi Yannis

> Any more serious contradictions???

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, but you might want to look into the story of Dionysus... it pre-dates the Jesus story by several centuries, but apart from the names of people and places, the story is identical.. so, are they celebrating the story of Jesus in Jerusalem, or the original?

BB

Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> 4th century actually..he died in 337 CE..but..close enough> :)

I blame whoever it was who invented the layout of the modern keyboard.... what idiot was it who put the 4 next to the 5? :-)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Simon et al

> The Vatican can't tell the worlds churches the real reason for the change...as the day would have to be put back to saturday.

Y'know, maybe it's just that I'm not Christian, but I can't quite understand what difference it makes which day. I understand that Christians and Jews (and Muslims?) have a "day of rest" in honour of their belief that God rested on the 7th day... but who's to say that God started work on a Monday. As far as I remember, the bible just says days one to seven. Surely it doesn't make any difference *which* day you count as the seventh one?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

whoa. my faulty logic alarm forced an interjection: mathematics and faith can't be compared like that. math teachers have ample, sturdy reasoning behind their "only truth." no religion can boast such certainty. faith is not a science. (yannis, this is not just for you) i'd like to say that again: faith is not a science. it's speculative and subjective; felt but not proven. if anything is not logical, it's religion* ~~brii

*well, it's logical in that it has a psychological niche as a comfort mechanism (not that any religious beliefs are totally invented; the cause of the comfort may not be specious, but i just ...don't...know.)

>ioannis Tsoucas <itsoucas > > >Re: Re: Life After Death >Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:53:27 +0100 (BST) > >Hi Peter, > >In your sense your maths teacher was dangerous as well, because, (s)he told you: If you don't agree that 1+1 = 2, that would be 100% wrong. >I never was interested to make things myself as I would like them. I only was interested to know what is true and what is wrong. > >Peter <metalscarab wrote: >Hi Yannis > > > The sense is something else: Are you with the living God or are you against the living God. In the second case you are the loser, because this world has been > > created by God. That here on this earth not much is working it is properly and according to the plans of God, this the work of us human beings, because we have > > gone far away from God. Most people put other things in the place number one, the don't put God there and this is not logical. > > But God is showing us the way, for example His celebration of the Resurrection in Jerusalem. Here it happens every time, and every one with good will can look > > at it, can take so much information as (s)he wants and decide: With God or against God. > >You seem to have some very dangerous views - the same as those which led to the torture and burning of heretics... "either you believe what I believe or you are wrong". > >What do you really know about Jesus and were you ever interested to learn about? > >I still find it intriguing that the story of Jesus is near enough a direct copy of stories which predated Jesus by several centuries - why do you celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, rather than that of Dionysus? People were celebrating that story for centuries before Christians thought of joining in. > >It seems to me that there is a real upsurge in Christian fundamentalism lately, and this is very worrying for those of us who follow other religions. > >Tell the following first to your maths teacher as me and (s)he are only interested to know what is true and what is wrong, fully independent from feelings. > >Yannis... why can't you just accept that you believe one thing and that others believe something else, without telling everyone else that they are wrong and must believe the same as you "or else"? > >BB >Peter > > >To send an email to - > > >

Guest guest

hi all

actually sunday is the first day.....saturday is the seventh day according to jewish and muslim tradition.....

the romans changed the sabbath to the sunday to coincide with previous festivals

catherine

>"Peter" <metalscarab > > >Re: Re: Life After Death >Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:54:35 +0100 > >Hi Simon et al > > > The Vatican can't tell the worlds churches the real reason for the change...as the day would have to be put back to saturday. > >Y'know, maybe it's just that I'm not Christian, but I can't quite understand what difference it makes which day. I understand that Christians and Jews (and Muslims?) have a "day of rest" in honour of their belief that God rested on the 7th day... but who's to say that God started work on a Monday. As far as I remember, the bible just says days one to seven. Surely it doesn't make any difference *which* day you count as the seventh one? > >BB >Peter Have more fun with your phone - download ringtones, logos, screensavers, games more. Click here to begin!

Guest guest

hi all

i read somewhere that the christians were still part of the jewish tradition until about 89AD

catherine

>"Peter" <metalscarab > > >Re: Re: Life After Death >Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:31:33 +0100 > >Hi Simon > > > No I haven't read that. Christianity was being distorted while Christ was on the earth.Christianity is basically loving what is good and right and one another. > >At the risk of seeming particularly picky... Christianity didn't exist while Jesus was around, so it can't have been distorted during that time. Christianity really didn't start until something like 30 years after Jesus' crucifixion, and it was very different then to what it became of the next few centuries. > >BB >Peter Stay in touch better and keep protected online with MSN’s NEW all-in-one Premium Services. Find out more here.

Guest guest

whats a rosecrucian??

catherine

>EBbrewpunx > > >Re: Re: Life After Death >Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:34:01 EDT > >In a message dated 4/12/04 2:57:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, >metalscarab writes: > > > > > > I blame whoever it was who invented the layout of the modern keyboard.... > > what idiot was it who put the 4 next to the 5? :-) > > >sounds like a conspiracy!! freemasons er rosecrucians no doubt... >er maybe flat earthers.. >the mind reels... Stay in touch better and keep protected online with MSN’s NEW all-in-one Premium Services. Find out more here.

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/13/04 1:58:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time, cait2 writes:

hi all

i read somewhere that the christians were still part of the jewish tradition until about 89AD

more er less true

and even longer in some cases...

it wasn't until the mass uprisings of 115 and 132 CE that caused most of the early x-tians to flee judea..

this seperation from their Judiac homeland caused a break to appear, and allowed new ideas and beliefs to creep in.....

Guest guest

i'd watch out for the reptilian gestapo from middle earth!!!! (this is not my invention; i READ it!)~brii

>EBbrewpunx > > >Re: Re: Life After Death >Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:34:01 EDT > >In a message dated 4/12/04 2:57:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time, >metalscarab writes: > > > > > > I blame whoever it was who invented the layout of the modern keyboard.... > > what idiot was it who put the 4 next to the 5? :-) > > >sounds like a conspiracy!! freemasons er rosecrucians no doubt... >er maybe flat earthers.. >the mind reels... Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security.

Guest guest

rosicrucian...another one of those esoteric orders...the rose cross...into searchin fer spiritual enlightenment..

they have a pretty big egyptian museum just south of me in San Jose...

fraggle

whats a rosecrucian??

catherine

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/13/04 6:40:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time, itsoucas writes:

So how can someone connect the change from Sabbath to Sunday as the weekly holiday with the pagans????????????????

because when the day was changed, the world was Roman...ie latin..spanish, french etc sprung up as languages after sunday had become a christian day of sabbath..

Kyriakê is modern greek..the days use to be numbered...and Paraskeuê is now there friday(it means preparation, as in preparation for the sabbath), it kinda shows the fact how things use to be different...

in latin, the day is solis dies...literally day of the sun...the christians later made it Dominicus dies..day of the lord...this is a later invention....

and i find it interestin to note that in modern italian domenica is feminized...

Guest guest

-

Peter

Monday, April 12, 2004 6:31 PM

Hi Peter

> No I haven't read that. Christianity was being distorted while Christ was on the earth.Christianity is basically loving what is good and right and one another.

At the risk of seeming particularly picky... Christianity didn't exist while Jesus was around, so it can't have been distorted during that time. Christianity really didn't start until something like 30 years after Jesus' crucifixion, and it was very different then to what it became of the next few centuries.>

I know Christianity wasn't wide spread. But Christianity has to start with Jesus Christ much like Marxism had to start with Karl Marx, soism had to start with so and so etc.

SimonTo send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/13/04 7:12:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time, itsoucas writes:

If you think it the name of the day of the week for Sunday was changed to "day of the sun" or something else pagan, why don't you tell us when it has been changed back to the "day of the Lord" again?

i did

in the orginal latin, it was SOLIS DIES...

french, spanish et al sprung up as later languages...you know, romance languages, after the boot of christianity intolerence (sorry simon)had been laying on the area for years...