IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Life After Death

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/19/04 3:11:31 AM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

About meat eating, that was not so at the begin of the human existance:Read the bible (very first chapter, Old Testament). At the end not only meatwill be not "necessary", but just any food. Til then we have a long way andthe arrival of the Lord Jesus Christ a second time, before. (To Jesus Christyou don't make any thoughts, maybe as opposition to everything what isrelated to the Church). But I want to repet: Never say NO ONE.>

I agree with this. Several agnostic have said no one knows what happens after death. I disagree with that. If you look deeper, study the yogi's, near death experiences and out of body experiences...you would see that there are humans who do INDEED know exactly what will happen after death. You can look at Tibetan spirituality, or yogic spirituality ...there is alot on this. But you have to look...sincerely to find it. You shall find it if you want to.

Guest guest

>I agree with this. Several agnostic have said no one knows what happens after death. I disagree with that. If you look deeper, study the yogi's, near death experiences and out of body experiences...you would see that there are humans who do INDEED know exactly what will happen after death. You can look at Tibetan spirituality, or yogic spirituality ...there is alot on this. But you have to look...sincerely to find it. You shall >find it if you want to.

I think all that near death/out of body experiences suggest is what may happen in the first few moments after death. No spirit which has returned to its body has ever reached the place it seemed to be going, it just had a short part of a journey. Despite your optimism I feel there is no proof of what happens after death.

BB

Jo

Guest guest

Hi

> I agree with this. Several agnostic have said no one knows what happens after death. I disagree with that. If you look deeper, study the yogi's, near death experiences

> and out of body experiences...you would see that there are humans who do INDEED know exactly what will happen after death. You can look at Tibetan spirituality, or

> yogic spirituality ...there is alot on this. But you have to look...sincerely to find it. You shall find it if you want to.

Having had a near death experience... I can tell you that you're no nearer to knowing what happens! The only thing a near death experience gives you knowledge of is that there is something beyond this life (although some people even argue that it's just hallucination brought on by low level brain activity!)

BB

Peter

Guest guest

-

lv2breathe

Cc: Lv2breathe

Wednesday, March 24, 2004 12:28 AM

Re: Life After Death

I agree with this. Several agnostic have said no one knows what happens after death. I disagree with that. If you look deeper, study the yogi's, near death experiences and out of body experiences...you would see that there are humans who do INDEED know exactly what will happen after death. You can look at Tibetan spirituality, or yogic spirituality ...there is alot on this. But you have to look...sincerely to find it. You shall find it if you want to.>

When we talk of immediate..some ppl might be able to experience near death or even possibly minutes into death. When talking of " eternal life " after death...Could anyone have that kind of knowledge?..as not even Jesus Christ (according to the Bible) tells us what happens to us eternally in anykind of detail.

Simon

Guest guest

A slight correction in my post.

-

simonpjones

Thursday, March 25, 2004 11:46 AM

Re: Re: Life After Death

-

lv2breathe

I agree with this. Several agnostic have said no one knows what happens after death. I disagree with that. If you look deeper, study the yogi's, near death experiences and out of body experiences...you would see that there are humans who do INDEED know exactly what will happen after death. You can look at Tibetan spirituality, or yogic spirituality ...there is alot on this. But you have to look...sincerely to find it. You shall find it if you want to.>

When we talk of immediate..some ppl might be able to experience near death or even possibly minutes into death. When talking of " eternal life " after death...Could anyone have that kind of knowledge?..as not even Jesus Christ (according to the Bible) claims to know what happens to us eternally in any kind of detail.

Simon

To send an email to -

Guest guest

I will post on this topic again as I think a important point has to be made.

When ppl talk of knowing what happens after death..usually they mean directly after death... When we talking about eternally...we are talking about an unlimited amout time, and if there is eternal life for our spirits after death..It's could be journey of continous change. Someone claiming to know what happens after death and go into any great detail about ,I would be too skepical in believing such claims.

I hope that makes sense.

Simon

lv2breathe

In a message dated 3/19/04 3:11:31 AM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

About meat eating, that was not so at the begin of the human existance:Read the bible (very first chapter, Old Testament). At the end not only meatwill be not "necessary", but just any food. Til then we have a long way andthe arrival of the Lord Jesus Christ a second time, before. (To Jesus Christyou don't make any thoughts, maybe as opposition to everything what isrelated to the Church). But I want to repet: Never say NO ONE.>

I agree with this. Several agnostic have said no one knows what happens after death. I disagree with that. If you look deeper, study the yogi's, near death experiences and out of body experiences...you would see that there are humans who do INDEED know exactly what will happen after death. You can look at Tibetan spirituality, or yogic spirituality ...there is alot on this. But you have to look...sincerely to find it. You shall find it if you want to.To send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi Simon

I do know what you mean, and I agree with you.

There is no need to terminate this conversation, so feel free to post.

Jo

I will post on this topic again as I think a important point has to be made.

When ppl talk of knowing what happens after death..usually they mean directly after death... When we talking about eternally...we are talking about an unlimited amout time, and if there is eternal life for our spirits after death..It's could be journey of continous change. Someone claiming to know what happens after death and go into any great detail about ,I would be too skepical in believing such claims.

I hope that makes sense.

Guest guest

I don't usually double check my posts, I did this one and have seen a few mistakes..so a slight correction here.

-

Heartwork

Friday, March 26, 2004 6:18 PM

Hi Simon

I do know what you mean, and I agree with you.

There is no need to terminate this conversation, so feel free to post.

Jo

When ppl talk of knowing what happens after death..usually they mean directly after death... When talking about the eternal...we are talking about an unlimited amount of time (obviously)......and if there is eternal life for our spirits after death..It's could be journey of continous change, no change etc....forever.

And if someone claiming to know what happens to us after death eternally, and goes into any great detail about it...would have to be someone immensely special, even then I would probably be too skepical in believing such claims.

I hope that makes sense.To send an email to -

Guest guest

Dear Simon,

How can you write about what Jesus Christ said about life after "death", if you oppose this Jesus Christ and don't know the bible (you don't want to know the bible)?

Jesus Christ gave a lot of information about life after "death", i.e. the eternal life: ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE.

Yannissimonpjones <simonpjones wrote:

-

lv2breathe

When we talk of immediate..some ppl might be able to experience near death or even possibly minutes into death. When talking of " eternal life " after death...Could anyone have that kind of knowledge?..as not even Jesus Christ (according to the Bible) tells us what happens to us eternally in anykind of detail.

SimonTo send an email to -

WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Mail Internet Cafe Awards

Guest guest

Jesus Christ....talks of treasures in heaven.etc...but as I have already said "no great detail" of what these treasures are!.

Simon

ioannis Tsoucas

Friday, March 26, 2004 9:48 PM

Dear Simon,

How can you write about what Jesus Christ said about life after "death", if you oppose this Jesus Christ and don't know the bible (you don't want to know the bible)?

Jesus Christ gave a lot of information about life after "death", i.e. the eternal life: ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE.

-

lv2breathe

WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Mail Internet Cafe Awards To send an email to -

Guest guest

Dear Simon,

can you tell us where have you seen that in the bible?

Just to for everyone to kno where it is.

Jesus Christ....talks of treasures in heaven.etc...but as I have already said "no great detail" of what these treasures are!.

Simon

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

-

lv2breathe

WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Mail Internet Cafe Awards To send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/26/04 2:14:04 PM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

When ppl talk of knowing what happens after death..usually they mean directly after death... When we talking about eternally...we are talking about an unlimited amout time, and if there is eternal life for our spirits after death..It's could be journey of continous change. Someone claiming to know what happens after death and go into any great detail about ,I would be too skepical in believing such claims.I hope that makes sense.

With near death experiences I would agree, that they only know a little bit. But with the case of the yogi's, via meditation they have actually gone to know other worlds and where we go after death. I am reading a book by a Tibetan monk who has many centers all over the world, and yes, they have an in depth explanation of what happens after death. It's quite interesting once you look into it.

I you don't put much credence in these things, that is fine. But I do. I think the yogi's are real and what they can do are real. I sense from their words and their powers that they are special and they do indeed know something beyond this world.

By the way... my beliefs are not a form of "optimism". I don't think these things because I have a fear of death or because I want to believe something "good" (by the way, not all of it is good!)..because actually I don't have a fear of death - never had - only the way in the which I would die. I just feel on an intuitive level I feel what they say is true.

Be a sceptic, that's fine...but I am not one in this case, at least having to do with the yogi's.

Kristina

Guest guest

Hi Kristina

> With near death experiences I would agree, that they only know a little bit. But with the case of the yogi's, via meditation they have actually gone to know other worlds

> and where we go after death. I am reading a book by a Tibetan monk who has many centers all over the world, and yes, they have an in depth explanation of what

> happens after death. It's quite interesting once you look into it.

I do quite a lot of Shamanic Journeying, and visit realms which are not in the physical world. Personally, I believe that the places I go are the places where we all go to after we "die" in the physical world, but nobody *knows* that this is the case. The yogis know no more than anyone else on this issue. They go to non-physical realms and make assumptions.... it doesn't make either them or me right, though.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

In the Gospels Jesus speaks of heaven on many occasions. But If you know of any occasion in any Bible..where Jesus goes in to any detail about what heaven will be like..of what we will exactly be doing for eternity..please let me know .

Thanks

Simon

-

ioannis Tsoucas

Friday, March 26, 2004 10:50 PM

Dear Simon,

Simon

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

-

lv2breathe

WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Mail Internet Cafe Awards To send an email to - To send an email to -

WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Mail Internet Cafe Awards To send an email to -

Guest guest

My belief is we do not know what happens after death until we actually die...we are very capable of believing all sorts are real on all kinds of levels....I wouldn't disregard any teachings that have none harming practices.

Do the yogis have any written discriptions about the planets they visit... ie the planets that have physically been looked at..Mars etc?

Simon

-

lv2breathe

Saturday, March 27, 2004 4:00 PM

When ppl talk of knowing what happens after death..usually they mean directly after death... When we talking about eternally...we are talking about an unlimited amout time, and if there is eternal life for our spirits after death..It's could be journey of continous change. Someone claiming to know what happens after death and go into any great detail about ,I would be too skepical in believing such claims.I hope that makes sense.

With near death experiences I would agree, that they only know a little bit. But with the case of the yogi's, via meditation they have actually gone to know other worlds and where we go after death. I am reading a book by a Tibetan monk who has many centers all over the world, and yes, they have an in depth explanation of what happens after death. It's quite interesting once you look into it.

I you don't put much credence in these things, that is fine. But I do. I think the yogi's are real and what they can do are real. I sense from their words and their powers that they are special and they do indeed know something beyond this world.

By the way... my beliefs are not a form of "optimism". I don't think these things because I have a fear of death or because I want to believe something "good" (by the way, not all of it is good!)..because actually I don't have a fear of death - never had - only the way in the which I would die. I just feel on an intuitive level I feel what they say is true.

Be a sceptic, that's fine...but I am not one in this case, at least having to do with the yogi's.

KristinaTo send an email to -

Guest guest

Dear Simon,

From your reply I see, you don't know the bible. You only oppose blindly everything what is related to the Christian Churches. Therefore you did not tell me where in the bible is written, that Jesus does not know much about what happens after "death".

Today I don't have enough time, sorry about that. But in the next few days, I want to tell you where Jesus goes into details about what heaven will be like.

In the Gospels Jesus speaks of heaven on many occasions. But If you know of any occasion in any Bible..where Jesus goes in to any detail about what heaven will be like..of what we will exactly be doing for eternity..please let me know .

Thanks

Simon

-

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

Simon

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

-

lv2breathe

Guest guest

Unless the bibles I have read have invisible ink...there is nowhere in the bible where Jesus goes into any detail of what heaven is like..concerning what form we will take,...... where we will live..what we will eat..if we will eat at all...how our relationships will be..so many questions to ask...Thats the detail I'm talking about.

Simon

-

ioannis Tsoucas

Saturday, March 27, 2004 10:14 PM

Dear Simon,

From your reply I see, you don't know the bible. You only oppose blindly everything what is related to the Christian Churches. Therefore you did not tell me where in the bible is written, that Jesus does not know much about what happens after "death".

Today I don't have enough time, sorry about that. But in the next few days, I want to tell you where Jesus goes into details about what heaven will be like.

Thanks

Simon

-

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

Simon

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

-

lv2breathe

Guest guest

Yogis do not know where we go after death any more than the rest of us. When you meditate your mind/spirit goes off in many directions - doesn't mean that's where you go when you die though.

Jo

-

lv2breathe

Saturday, March 27, 2004 4:00 PM

KristinaTo send an email to -

Guest guest

I don't know anything about the Bible but wondered if Simon and Iouannis are reading different versions - maybe the content is different.

BBJo

-

simonpjones

Saturday, March 27, 2004 11:53 PM

Unless the bibles I have read have invisible ink...there is nowhere in the bible where Jesus goes into any detail of what heaven is like..concerning what form we will take,...... where we will live..what we will eat..if we will eat at all...how our relationships will be..so many questions to ask...Thats the detail I'm talking about.

Simon

-

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

Thanks

Simon

-

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

Simon

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

-

lv2breathe

Guest guest

I' ve read a few versions of the Gospels Mat,Mark,Luke,John,( I'm no expert in bibical history etc, I am taking the writings at face valve) And none of the reputed quotes from Jesus Chris explain what heaven will be like. Only that it is a better place than earth..it's basically left to our imagination.

Heartwork

Sunday, March 28, 2004 1:11 AM

I don't know anything about the Bible but wondered if Simon and Iouannis are reading different versions - maybe the content is different.

BBJo

-

simonpjones

Saturday, March 27, 2004 11:53 PM

Simon

-

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

Thanks

Simon

-

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

Simon

ioannis Tsoucas

Dear Simon,

-

lv2breathe

WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Mail Internet Cafe Awards To send an email to - To send an email to - To send an email to -

Guest guest

hey guys..

lets try and keep the recriminations and anger to a dull roar, ok???

try and keep the "you are this er that" under wraps..

k?

fraggle

*secondary listmom*

ok..so i'm a boi..so wot...

Guest guest

Here is something from the living God:

How God is celebrating the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ every time at Easter with the Orthodox Christians, in Jerusalem in lighting their candles:

1) www.holyfire.org

2) via my own website: www.geocities.com/itsoucas

What happens in Jerusalem at Easter in the Holy Sepulchre, when the Orthodox Christians celebrate the Resurrection cannot be something natural. It only can be the work of God, because:

Natural phenomenons happen regurally, when the physical conditions allow it. But the Holy Fire (others call it Holy Light) is given once a year at the celebration of the resurrection by the Orthodox Christians. This celebration is not only once a year, it is not at the same date of the year as well. So no one can say seriously it is a rare natural phenomenon, that happens once a year. But it is allways at the date and time of the celebration of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ by the Orthodox Christians

The celebation is in this year 2004 at the same day with other Christians, but usually it is not at the same day. The calculation of the date is different by the Orthodox Christians than by other Christians.

In the past, other Chistians have thrown out of the Church the Orthodox Christians via the way of political power and violence. But God gave His Holy Fire to the Orthodox Christians, standing outsite of the Church.

Any more serious contradictions???

He preached the way he thought God wanted us to live.And the first thing God is quoted as saying to humanity in the bible is avegan diet for human and non human species..."everything with the breath oflife in it"> I disagree. It stands to reason that all these ideas must have beenaround> before. Jesus didn't invent anything new. He just preached the way he> thought everybody should live. With regard to veganism - there werevegans> before Jesus (who wasn't vegan). I believe one of the oldest skeletonshad> tests done on it that proved he was a vegan.>> Jo> > I'm sure the teachings were around before Christ..but am not sure they> would> > of been embraced unless Christ embraced them first...I've not heard of> > anyone or group that practiced such teachings before

Christ....Jesus is> > quoted in the new testament reading from the old testament...I'm surehe> > would of embraced a vegan diet as well. The Vatican should release allthe> > written papers it has from that era. I'm sure if Jesus was alive todayhe> > would be knocking on the Vaticans door wanting an explanation.>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Hi Ioannis

I'm sorry - but what you've said doesn't explain what is supposed to happen. Would you like to explain what you are talking about.

Jo

How God is celebrating the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ every time at Easter with the Orthodox Christians, in Jerusalem in lighting their candles:

1) www.holyfire.org

What happens in Jerusalem at Easter in the Holy Sepulchre, when the Orthodox Christians celebrate the Resurrection cannot be something natural. It only can be the work of God, because:

Natural phenomenons happen regurally, when the physical conditions allow it. But the Holy Fire (others call it Holy Light) is given once a year at the celebration of the resurrection by the Orthodox Christians. This celebration is not only once a year, it is not at the same date of the year as well. So no one can say seriously it is a rare natural phenomenon, that happens once a year. But it is allways at the date and time of the celebration of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ by the Orthodox Christians

The celebation is in this year 2004 at the same day with other Christians, but usually it is not at the same day. The calculation of the date is different by the Orthodox Christians than by other Christians.

In the past, other Chistians have thrown out of the Church the Orthodox Christians via the way of political power and violence. But God gave His Holy Fire to the Orthodox Christians, standing outsite of the Church.

He preached the way he thought God wanted us to live.And the first thing God is quoted as saying to humanity in the bible is avegan diet for human and non human species..."everything with the breath oflife in it"> I disagree. It stands to reason that all these ideas must have beenaround> before. Jesus didn't invent anything new. He just preached the way he> thought everybody should live. With regard to veganism - there werevegans> before Jesus (who wasn't vegan). I believe one of the oldest skeletonshad> tests done on it that proved he was a vegan.>> Jo> > I'm sure the teachings were around before Christ..but am not sure they> would> > of been embraced unless Christ embraced them first...I've not heard of> > anyone or group that practiced such teachings before Christ....Jesus is> > quoted in the new testament reading from the old testament...I'm surehe> > would of embraced a vegan diet as well. The Vatican should release allthe> > written papers it has from that era. I'm sure if Jesus was alive todayhe> > would be knocking on the Vaticans door wanting an explanation.>>>>> To send an email to - >

Guest guest

Hi Yannis

> Any more serious contradictions???

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, but you might want to look into the story of Dionysus... it pre-dates the Jesus story by several centuries, but apart from the names of people and places, the story is identical.. so, are they celebrating the story of Jesus in Jerusalem, or the original?

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Hi Jo and all the others,

It is not much to explain if you look into the proposed website www.holyfire.org, but I want to write some words about. Tomorrow is Easter.

What is Easter?

God is a Trinity, i.e. God is one and in the same time three; Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Therefore we humans are a trinity as well, as we are the picture of God: Soul, Spirit, Body.

Because the first humans as described in the bible did not do what God told them, therefore they had to leave the paradise, i.e. the life with God. But God has loved His created Human Being so much, so he has put on the way the Salvation for the Human Being: He sent His Son to be born by the virgin Mary, i.e. without a human man involved: The Lord Jesus Christ has no human father. This Lord Jesus Christ had to take all the sins of us human beings on himself voluntarily and for that to die on the Cross. As He himself has done not even one little sin, he has been risen by God on the third day. On this way, for every one, who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, the death has lost all his power. This resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ is being celebrated every year at Easter (Easter = celebration of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the death and los of power of the death for the human beings who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and follow Him). The separation

between body, and soul/spirit, which usually is called death is not a real death, because the soul/spirit continues to live and to be conscious and this is a state for a time only, until every one will see the Lord Jesus Christ in His Glory in the future.

This celebration of the resurrection is not celebrated by the Christians only, but it is celebrated by God as well and off course.

The way we see with our human eyes how God is celebrating the resurrection is: Without any natural means, God is lighting the candles of the Orthodox Christians during the celebration, i.e. today night.

More questions are wellcome.

Happy Resurrection to all

YannisHeartwork <Heartwork wrote:

Hi Ioannis

I'm sorry - but what you've said doesn't explain what is supposed to happen. Would you like to explain what you are talking about.

Jo

1) www.holyfire.org

He preached the way he thought God wanted us to live.And the first thing God is quoted as saying to humanity in the bible is avegan diet for human and non human species..."everything with the breath oflife in it"> I disagree. It stands to reason that all these ideas must have beenaround> before. Jesus didn't invent anything new. He just preached the way he> thought everybody should live. With regard to veganism - there werevegans> before Jesus (who wasn't vegan). I believe one of the oldest skeletonshad> tests done on it that proved he was a vegan.>> Jo> > I'm sure the teachings were around before Christ..but am not sure they> would> > of been embraced unless Christ embraced them first...I've not heard of> > anyone or group that practiced such teachings before

Christ....Jesus is> > quoted in the new testament reading from the old testament...I'm surehe> > would of embraced a vegan diet as well. The Vatican should release allthe> > written papers it has from that era. I'm sure if Jesus was alive todayhe> > would be knocking on the Vaticans door wanting an explanation.>>>>> To send an email to - >