IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

New here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome, Saabit. Good to have you here. Any questions?

Maureen

Saabit Kulibali <kingsaabit Sent: Wed, November 4, 2009 6:35:59 PM new here

hi members,

am new here and need to connect with others members for updates etc

cheers

All new Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

Guest guest

welcome Patricia Squyres

(714) 299-6468

(714) 974-7055 Fax--- On Wed, 11/4/09, Saabit Kulibali <kingsaabit wrote:Saabit Kulibali <kingsaabit new here Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 6:35 PM

hi members,

cheers

Guest guest

Hi Maureen,

i have three questions for you:

1] is there any activity like meetings etc that the group undertake?

2] where can i get guidance as to how to prepare basic healthy meals in Winnipeg?

3] I want to make vegan/vegetarian friends, is there a site to help me with?

cheers

saabit

maureen smith <maureensgardengrotto Sent: Wed, November 4, 2009 9:17:59 PMRe: new here

Welcome, Saabit. Good to have you here. Any questions?

Maureen

Saabit Kulibali <kingsaabit (AT) (DOT) ca>Wed, November 4, 2009 6:35:59 PM new here

hi members,

cheers

Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

Guest guest

Hi Saabit,

I have not been to any meetings with the group and do not know if they have any. but, i have seen meetup.com have meetings for vegan, vegetarian, etc... when searched for local groups by topic.

basic vegan meal preparation on youtube.com or asking those in this group for help with meal preparation. i read cookbooks when i want to get ideas on how to fix meals.

i am not sure what other site helps with making vegan friends. i look on the internet all the time about groups. most groups are helping people with vegetarian living like PETA.com, and other non profit vegetarian websites. PETA helps save animals and has a free starter kit and little tiny free cookbook that has some basics in it. but, once on this list, they are looking for donations to help them save animals and they do sell shirts and other things. But, they are helping to promote a veg diet more than many other organizations, but some think their ways are offensive. I think their heart is in the right place although their methods are shocking at times. also PCRM, physicians committee for responsible medicine has website and materials to scientifically promote a vegan diet.

I like books by john mcdougal, caldwell esselstyn - heart attack proof and the china study by T. colin campbell. These are scientifically based books by medical doctors and one is a dr. like a professor of teaching college kind of doctor. most libraries have these books.

good luck with your adventure in fat free vegan living

maureen

Guest guest

If I’m not mistaken, Vegan Dad is in Canada — he might be able to offer advise on what’s available there. His blog is vegan, not fat-free, but many of the recipes could be adapted to be fat-free. Check his site out at http://vegandad.blogspot.com.

The site I rely on most often for recipe ideas is, of course, http://www.blog.fatfreevegan.com/

Glad to have you with us, I’m sure you’ll make plenty of friends right here! :)

Anna

On 6/11/09 10:27 AM, " Saabit Kulibali " <kingsaabit wrote:

Hi Maureen,

i have three questions for you:

1] is there any activity like meetings etc that the group undertake?

2] where can i get guidance as to how to prepare basic healthy meals in Winnipeg?

3] I want to make vegan/vegetarian friends, is there a site to help me with?

cheers

saabit

Guest guest

On every site including www.fatfreevegan.com, there are additional LINKS for friendly, like minded blogs and web sites that cater to the vegan lifestyle. Many of these have daily or weekly newsletters that you can sign up for to receive recipes and updated news and from these there are always additional resources. Each blog or web site opens up additional favorite links --so that if you are not careful could keep you glued to the computer all day !!! :>} not recommended--- Here are some: *meatlessmonday.com *vegetarian.guide *dairyfreecooking.guide *godairyfree.org *vegweb.com *vegnews.com

(vegan) *vegfamily.com *PCRM with Neal Barnard MD (vegan) *McDougall, John

(vegan) *veganchef.com (vegan) *healthybitchdaily.com ( from the skinny bitch bunch)

(vegan) *vegan.com *vegancooking.com *veganstreet.com *vegetarian resource group

vrg.org (vegan) *Engine2Diet.com by Rip Esselstyn (son of Caldwell) (vegan)Even the non vegetarian big recipe sites have lots of vegan recipes or vegetarian that allows for substitutions of ingredients. Whole Foods, Epicurious, Recipezaar, and on and on......Many of these sites also advocate reduced fat cooking as much as possible especially PCRM and McDougall. Once you know the ways to eliminate or substitute for fats, you can expand your recipe repertoire too. As a gluten free vegan, I have had to use the internet for help alot since- -until just recently --there was not much out there in cookbooks etc to help me. Patricia Squyres

(714) 299-6468

(714) 974-7055 Fax

Guest guest

Hi Carol,

I am new here as well. You are just the person I needed to read about today...

How do you make mac and cheese without cheese? I am changing from vegetarian to

vegan. I need to get rid of the fat in my diet for health reasons and weight.

My husband will never be a vegetarian either. What do you use instead of oil

when baking cakes or anything?

Thanks for your help

Edith

, carol sobczak <cpsobczak wrote:

>

> Hi

> I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Carol.

I live in NY and have been vegan for quite a while. I recently started using

the McDougall plan and consequently have gone fat free. I have 3 children who

are vegetarian. One of them is vegan and one is near vegan. Unfortunately, my

husband will never be veg. We have several companion animals that share our

home. I am a bakeri and have my own business. I do vegan baking too. I guess

that's me in a nut shell. I look forward to getting to know you all and

participating in discussions.

>

>

>

> Carol Sobczak

> owner Jewels of the Earth Vegan Baking

> vegetarian baked goods for all occasions

> jewelsoftheearthveggiebaking

>

>

>

> Brings words and photos together (easily) with

> PhotoMail - it's free and works with Mail.

>

Guest guest

Hi new people!One of my favourite aspects of this lovely email group is that new people keep turning up and introducing themselves.I believe that one day we'll see a vegan world, and each new person who realises that there are better alternatives than eating animal products is an important step towards that world!Carol, I too ran a vegan bakery! I was wholesaling and wasn't able to grow it to the size it needed to be, so I now concentrate on distribuitng vegan goodies here in New Zealand, and teaching cooking classes.Edith, I would highly recommend just going without cheese subs for a while so your tastebuds can adjust. Have you checked out the wealth of recipes at www.fatfreevegan.com?Best wishesaliceOn 10/11/2009, at 5:20 AM, kattssmith wrote: Hi Carol, I am new here as well. You are just the person I needed to read about today... How do you make mac and cheese without cheese? I am changing from vegetarian to vegan. I need to get rid of the fat in my diet for health reasons and weight. My husband will never be a vegetarian either. What do you use instead of oil when baking cakes or anything? Thanks for your help Edith , carol sobczak <cpsobczak wrote: > > Hi > I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Carol. I live in NY and have been vegan for quite a while. I recently started using the McDougall plan and consequently have gone fat free. I have 3 children who are vegetarian. One of them is vegan and one is near vegan. Unfortunately, my husband will never be veg. We have several companion animals that share our home. I am a bakeri and have my own business. I do vegan baking too. I guess that's me in a nut shell. I look forward to getting to know you all and participating in discussions. > > > > Carol Sobczak > owner Jewels of the Earth Vegan Baking > vegetarian baked goods for all occasions > jewelsoftheearthveggiebaking > > > > > > > > > > > Brings words and photos together (easily) with > PhotoMail - it's free and works with Mail. >

Guest guest

I agree. Go without for a while and just keep in the back of your mind how the cheese is made and where it comes from.What I have found is there are so many great recipes out there to try, put the old away. Instead of mac and cheese, have mac and marinara sauce with maybe some kidney beans added, and of course some purple onion and garlic. Cheeseless pizza is the best! You can enjoy all the savory flavors of the veggies. Have fun and enjoy...Vegan is not easy but well worth the effort. The internet is full of information and recipes. I found delicioustv.com and love Toni's podcasts. They are so simple and easy to do. cheersAlice Leonard <alice Sent: Mon, November 9, 2009 10:28:27 AMRe: Re: new here

Hi new people!One of my favourite aspects of this lovely email group is that new people keep turning up and introducing themselves.I believe that one day we'll see a vegan world, and each new person who realises that there are better alternatives than eating animal products is an important step towards that world!Carol, I too ran a vegan bakery! I was wholesaling and wasn't able to grow it to the size it needed to be, so I now concentrate on distribuitng vegan goodies here in New Zealand, and teaching

cooking classes.Edith, I would highly recommend just going without cheese subs for a while so your tastebuds can adjust. Have you checked out the wealth of recipes at www.fatfreevegan.com?Best wishesaliceOn 10/11/2009, at 5:20 AM, kattssmith wrote: Hi Carol, I am new here as well. You are just the person I needed to read about today... How do you make mac and cheese without cheese? I am changing from vegetarian to vegan. I need to get rid of the fat in my diet for health reasons and weight. My husband will never be a vegetarian either. What do you use instead of oil

when baking cakes or anything? Thanks for your help Edith , carol sobczak <cpsobczak@. ..> wrote: > > Hi > I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Carol. I live in NY and have been vegan for quite a while. I recently started using the McDougall plan and consequently have gone fat free. I have 3 children who are vegetarian. One of them is vegan and one is near vegan. Unfortunately, my husband will never be veg. We have several companion animals that share our home. I am a bakeri and have my own business. I do vegan baking too. I guess that's me in a nut shell. I look forward to getting to know you all and participating in discussions. > > > > Carol

Sobczak > owner Jewels of the Earth Vegan Baking > vegetarian baked goods for all occasions > jewelsoftheearthveg giebaking@ ... > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --- > Brings words and photos together (easily) with > PhotoMail - it's free and works with Mail. >

Guest guest

Carol, you have a lovely website and gorgeous food pictures there. I wish you great success. It must be interesting - especially at the holidays - with a husband who prefers non vegan foods. Does he eat what you prepare? Does he eat from your bakery products? Do you have to keep a dual eating home kitchen going? My husband has not switched to a vegan lifestyle as I have but alteast he is a vegetarian eater (dairy and eggs) and eats all vegan foods that I prepare. I would say he is 80% vegan 20% vegetarian because he does not cook.Does anyone in the group have a funny story to tell about your being a vegan and having non vegan family members that share Thanksgiving meals with you? Do you have recipes that are accepted by others at the table to become part of the family tradition?I have to hold my tongue yearly and it

can be so uncomfortable sometimes - I stopped preaching as it does no good and upsets my 83yr old mother who will never change. I just bring food that my husband, niece and I can eat calling them "side dishes" and make sure it is something that others will try atleast once.. I've become a coward for harmony.Patricia Squyres

(714) 299-6468

(714) 974-7055 Fax--- On Mon, 11/9/09, Alice Leonard <alice wrote:Alice Leonard <aliceRe: Re: new here Date: Monday, November 9, 2009, 10:28 AM

Hi new people!One of my favourite aspects of this lovely email group is that new people keep turning up and introducing themselves.I believe that one day we'll see a vegan world, and each new person who realises that there are better alternatives than eating animal products is an important step towards that world!Carol, I too ran a vegan bakery! I was wholesaling and wasn't able to grow it to the size it needed to be, so I now concentrate on distribuitng vegan goodies here in New Zealand, and teaching cooking classes.Edith, I would highly recommend just going without cheese subs for a while so your tastebuds can adjust. Have you checked out the wealth of recipes at www.fatfreevegan. com?Best wishesaliceOn 10/11/2009, at 5:20 AM, kattssmith wrote: Hi Carol, I am new here as well. You are just the person I needed to read about today... How do you make mac and cheese without cheese? I am changing from vegetarian to vegan. I need to get rid of the fat in my diet for health reasons and weight. My husband will never be a vegetarian either. What do you use instead of oil when baking cakes or anything? Thanks for your help Edith , carol sobczak <cpsobczak@. ..> wrote: > > Hi > I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Carol. I live in NY and have been vegan for quite a while. I recently started using the McDougall plan and consequently have gone fat free. I have 3 children who are vegetarian. One of them

is vegan and one is near vegan. Unfortunately, my husband will never be veg. We have several companion animals that share our home. I am a bakeri and have my own business. I do vegan baking too. I guess that's me in a nut shell. I look forward to getting to know you all and participating in discussions. > > > > Carol Sobczak > owner Jewels of the Earth Vegan Baking > vegetarian baked goods for all occasions > jewelsoftheearthveg giebaking@ ... > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --- > Brings words and photos together (easily) with > PhotoMail - it's free and works with Mail. >

Guest guest

Patricia, seems to be common. In my household I am the vegan, my husband calls himself a reluctant vegetarian and my 18 years old daughter, says I don't eat normal food. We came up with the plan that my husband and daughter will make the main course and if it is chicken or other meat it has to come from a responsible place, i.e., free range, grass fed and organic source. We have lots in our area. I make the salad and other side dishes. My daughter also informed me she is going to her boyfriends house for a "normal" Thanksgiving meal. No tofurkey for her. Not making that anyway but LOL, Food Inc will be arriving courtesy of Netflix which we will watch as a family. While I love they made this movie I wasn't going to watch because I know already

and don't need to see the cruelty but my daughter needs to get a visual. She loves animals so I hope this will help put it in perspective. I just don't understand how there are so many in the world that think it is ok to treat animals the way they do. Just doesn't register. My heart breaks for them. If you can't farm the humane and natural way, then why do they do it at all. Greed - what goes around, comes around.I love that more and more are turning to vegan. Too bad it is usually when the damage is done. cheersPatricia A Squyres

<p.squyres Sent: Mon, November 9, 2009 10:53:50 AMRe: Re: new here

Carol, you have a lovely website and gorgeous food pictures there. I wish you great success. It must be interesting - especially at the holidays - with a husband who prefers non vegan foods. Does he eat what you prepare? Does he eat from your bakery products? Do you have to keep a dual eating home kitchen going? My husband has not switched to a vegan lifestyle as I have but alteast he is a vegetarian eater (dairy and eggs) and eats all vegan foods that I prepare. I would say he is 80% vegan 20% vegetarian because he does not cook.Does anyone in the group have a funny story to tell about your being a vegan and having non vegan family members

that share Thanksgiving meals with you? Do you have recipes that are accepted by others at the table to become part of the family tradition?I have to hold my tongue yearly and it

can be so uncomfortable sometimes - I stopped preaching as it does no good and upsets my 83yr old mother who will never change. I just bring food that my husband, niece and I can eat calling them "side dishes" and make sure it is something that others will try atleast once.. I've become a coward for harmony.Patricia Squyres

(714) 299-6468

(714) 974-7055 Fax--- On Mon, 11/9/09, Alice Leonard <alice wrote:Alice Leonard <aliceRe: Re: new here Date: Monday, November 9, 2009, 10:28 AM

Hi new people!One of my favourite aspects of this lovely email group is that new people keep turning up and introducing themselves.I believe that one day we'll see a vegan world, and each new person who realises that there are better alternatives than eating animal products is an important step towards that world!Carol, I too ran a vegan bakery! I was wholesaling and wasn't able to grow it to the size it needed to be, so I now concentrate on distribuitng vegan goodies here in New Zealand, and teaching cooking classes.Edith, I would highly recommend just going without cheese subs for a while so your tastebuds can adjust. Have you checked out the wealth of recipes at www.fatfreevegan. com?Best wishesaliceOn 10/11/2009, at 5:20 AM, kattssmith wrote: Hi Carol, I am new here as well. You are just the person I needed to read about today... How do you make mac and cheese without cheese? I am changing from vegetarian to vegan. I need to get rid of the fat in my diet for health reasons and weight. My husband will never be a vegetarian either. What do you use instead of oil when baking cakes or anything? Thanks for your help Edith , carol sobczak <cpsobczak@. ..> wrote: > > Hi > I just joined the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Carol. I live in NY and have been vegan for quite a while. I recently started using the McDougall plan and consequently have gone fat free. I have 3 children who are vegetarian. One of them

is vegan and one is near vegan. Unfortunately, my husband will never be veg. We have several companion animals that share our home. I am a bakeri and have my own business. I do vegan baking too. I guess that's me in a nut shell. I look forward to getting to know you all and participating in discussions. > > > > Carol Sobczak > owner Jewels of the Earth Vegan Baking > vegetarian baked goods for all occasions > jewelsoftheearthveg giebaking@ ... > > > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --- > Brings words and photos together (easily) with > PhotoMail - it's free and works with Mail. >

Guest guest

Not yet but thank you for the information. Â I need all the help I can get. Â I

am just switching over. Â It is a little scary, but I am determined to do it. Â

Maybe when my hubby sees how good I Â look and the advantage of better health,

maybe he will change his mine.  No... probably not.  If he does not have meat

at every meal it is not a meal to him.

(MUCH excessive quoting deleted by moderator)

>Have you checked out the wealth of recipes at www.fatfreevegan. com?Best

wishesalice

Guest guest

Scary is not making the change.Food sources are not like they were years ago. And there there is the other evil...Monsanto! Watch for the GMO's in your food, especially corn.Your husband might get it someday when his doctor gives him some unpleasant news. Because, for most, it is not if but when...Katts Smith <kattssmith Sent: Mon, November 9, 2009 12:31:12 PMRe: Re: new here

Not yet but thank you for the information.  I need all the help I can get.  I am just switching over.  It is a little scary, but I am determined to do it.  Maybe when my hubby sees how good I  look and the advantage of better health, maybe he will change his mine.  No... probably not.  If he does not have meat at every meal it is not a meal to him.(MUCH excessive quoting deleted by moderator)>Have you checked out the wealth of recipes at www.fatfreevegan. com?Best wishesalice---Check out our recipe files at http://www.fatfreevegan.com .

Guest guest

Welcome, Kat.

I like this resource for vegan recipes;

http://www.fatfreevegan.com/

She's a mom and cooks a lot of delicious food.

" Nutritional Yeast " is an ingredient some use for the " cheese " taste.

There are a lot of free vegan cooking demonstrations at YouTube.

I would encourage you to cook 100% vegan and encourage your husband to sprinkle

whatever animal product he wants on the top :-)

Be in touch.

Teresa M.

Guest guest

The books by Esselstyn, Fuhrman, Barnard, Ornish, and McDougall will all help

you with recipes too.

Our group files have lots of great recipes;

Teresa M.

Guest guest

My husband finally got it after a few years of my making him watch/read

everything by Howard Lyman and John Robbins ;

Diet for a New America

Mad Cowboy

Now, DH is onboard 80%.

Change takes time...

Hugs,

Teresa M.

Guest guest

............and your son should be impressed that Rip E. is a triathlete and swimmer who did the Alcatraz competition in shark infested waters, winning for years, a vegan and an Olympic contender.Patricia Squyres

(714) 299-6468

(714) 974-7055 Fax--- On Thu, 11/12/09, tjay1302000 <t-jay130 wrote:tjay1302000 <t-jay130 Re: new here Date: Thursday, November 12, 2009, 3:48 PM

Engine 2 is the name of Rip Esselstyn's book and website.

What a hunk!

http://www.theengin e2diet.com/ the-diet/

Great recipes and support.

He's the son of Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn.

Hugs,

Teresa M.

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

I've just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Lee and I live in

Sydney. I've only recently become vegan so I'm still learning.

Looking forward to getting to know you :)

Cheers,

Lee

Guest guest

Hi Lee -

Welcome to Vegan UK. A good way to introduce yourself is to fill out the

(optional) questionnaire that goes out to all new members, with a few details

about yourself

Cheers,

Paul

On 16 Nov 2009, at 03:50, Lee wrote:

> Hi everyone,

>

> I've just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Lee and I live

in Sydney. I've only recently become vegan so I'm still learning.

>

> Looking forward to getting to know you :)

>

> Cheers,

> Lee

>

Guest guest

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the welcome...where do I find the questionaire? Would be more than

willing to check it out.

Best,

Lee

, Paul Russell <prussell wrote:

>

> Hi Lee -

>

> Welcome to Vegan UK. A good way to introduce yourself is to fill out the

about yourself

>

> Cheers,

>

> Paul

>

> On 16 Nov 2009, at 03:50, Lee wrote:

>

> > Hi everyone,

> >

> > I've just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Lee and I live

> >

> > Looking forward to getting to know you :)

> >

> > Cheers,

> > Lee

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Lee -

It should have been sent out automatically in an email but these things are not

always as reliable as they might be. Here's the welcome message and

questionnaire that is supposed to go out - feel free to answer any/all of the

questions and mail it back to the group.

Cheers,

Paul

=== member profile ===

Welcome to . In order to introduce yourself to the other members of the

list it would be appreciated if you can complete and post a copy of the

following profile. Your responses to the questions may be as brief or full as

you wish, this is only meant as an introduction, any subject can be raised for

discussion at a later stage.

To post your profile reply to this email answering the following 14 questions,

and please change the sending address to before sending,

do not use the address offered by default or it will not be sent to the list.

Please note that your profile may be placed on the group web site.

=== Questions about you ===

1/ What is your name (or what do you like to be called)?

2/ How old are you (a rough idea will do)?

3/ Do you know many vegans in real life?

4/ How long have you been a vegan, and how long vegetarian before that?

5/ Why did you become vegetarian/vegan (if you are neither it would be useful to

explain why you joined this list)?

=== Questions about your area ===

6/ Whereabouts do you live?

7/ How good a place is it for vegans?

=== Questions for fun ===

8/ Which is your favourite type of bean?

9/ What is your favourite country, or region, to visit?

10/ What types of film do you like?

11/ What was the last meal you ate?

12/ Are you a morning, evening or night person?

=== Questions for dull administrative purposes ===

13/ How did you find out about this list?

=== Other comments ===

14/ If there is anything else you want to add to the above please feel free to

do so.

Thank you for completing a profile.

BEFORE REPLYING PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE CHANGED THE ADDRESS AS NOTED ABOVE.

On 16 Nov 2009, at 11:49, Lee wrote:

> Hi Paul,

>

> Thanks for the welcome...where do I find the questionaire? Would be more than

willing to check it out.

>

> Best,

> Lee

>

> , Paul Russell <prussell wrote:

>>

>> Hi Lee -

>>

>> Welcome to Vegan UK. A good way to introduce yourself is to fill out the

about yourself

>>

>> Cheers,

>>

>> Paul

>>

>> On 16 Nov 2009, at 03:50, Lee wrote:

>>

>>> Hi everyone,

>>>

>>> I've just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Lee and I live

>>>

>>> Looking forward to getting to know you :)

>>>

>>> Cheers,

>>> Lee

>>>

>>

>

>

>

>

> ---

>

> ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,

> there may be another side to the story you have not heard.

> ---------------------------

> Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>

> Un: send a blank message to -!

Groups Links

>

>

>

Guest guest

>

> Hi Lee -

>

> It should have been sent out automatically in an email but these things are

not always as reliable as they might be. Here's the welcome message and

>

> Cheers,

>

> Paul

>

> === member profile ===

>

> Welcome to . In order to introduce yourself to the other members of the

>

> To post your profile reply to this email answering the following 14 questions,

>

>

> Please note that your profile may be placed on the group web site.

>

>

> === Questions about you ===

>

> 1/ What is your name (or what do you like to be called)? Lee

>

> 2/ How old are you (a rough idea will do)? 46

>

> 3/ Do you know many vegans in real life? None

>

> 4/ How long have you been a vegan, and how long vegetarian before that?

Vegetarian for about 6 months, vegan for about a month.

>

> 5/ Why did you become vegetarian/vegan (if you are neither it would be useful

to explain why you joined this list)? I found I could sustain my eating habits

without having to eat anything that had been killed.

>

>

> === Questions about your area ===

>

> 6/ Whereabouts do you live? Sydney

>

> 7/ How good a place is it for vegans? I'm still hunting out the best.

>

>

> === Questions for fun ===

>

> 8/ Which is your favourite type of bean? Baked

>

> 9/ What is your favourite country, or region, to visit? UK - Birmingham, cause

all my in-laws are there.

>

> 10/ What types of film do you like? I'm a bit of a movie buff so I like all.

>

> 11/ What was the last meal you ate? A salad for lunch.

>

> 12/ Are you a morning, evening or night person? Definitaly a night person.

>

>

> === Questions for dull administrative purposes ===

>

> 13/ How did you find out about this list? Searched .

>

>

> === Other comments ===

>

> 14/ If there is anything else you want to add to the above please feel free to

do so. Nope, just looking forward to meeting other vegans.

>

>

>

>

>

> Thank you for completing a profile.

Guest guest

Hi Lee -

I'm envious that you're in Sydney - I had a fun time there visiting friends many

years before heading up to Cairns to do all the usual stuff. At that time I was

only vegetarian rather than vegan so I don't really remember what the vegan

dining options were like, and it was such a long time ago that I expect things

have changed by now.

What are those animals that come down out of the trees in the park in the

evenings ? Wombats ?

Cheers,

Paul

On 17 Nov 2009, at 03:41, Lee wrote:

>

>

> , Paul Russell <prussell wrote:

>>

>> Hi Lee -

>>

>> It should have been sent out automatically in an email but these things are

>>

>> Cheers,

>>

>> Paul

>>

>> === member profile ===

>>

>> Welcome to . In order to introduce yourself to the other members of

the list it would be appreciated if you can complete and post a copy of the

>>

>> To post your profile reply to this email answering the following 14

questions, and please change the sending address to

before sending, do not use the address offered by default or it will not be sent

to the list.

>>

>>

>> Please note that your profile may be placed on the group web site.

>>

>>

>> === Questions about you ===

>>

>> 1/ What is your name (or what do you like to be called)? Lee

>>

>> 2/ How old are you (a rough idea will do)? 46

>>

>> 3/ Do you know many vegans in real life? None

>>

>> 4/ How long have you been a vegan, and how long vegetarian before that?

>>

>> 5/ Why did you become vegetarian/vegan (if you are neither it would be useful

>>

>>

>> === Questions about your area ===

>>

>> 6/ Whereabouts do you live? Sydney

>>

>> 7/ How good a place is it for vegans? I'm still hunting out the best.

>>

>>

>> === Questions for fun ===

>>

>> 8/ Which is your favourite type of bean? Baked

>>

>> 9/ What is your favourite country, or region, to visit? UK - Birmingham,

cause all my in-laws are there.

>>

>> 10/ What types of film do you like? I'm a bit of a movie buff so I like all.

>>

>> 11/ What was the last meal you ate? A salad for lunch.

>>

>> 12/ Are you a morning, evening or night person? Definitaly a night person.

>>

>>

>> === Questions for dull administrative purposes ===

>>

>> 13/ How did you find out about this list? Searched .

>>

>>

>> === Other comments ===

>>

>> 14/ If there is anything else you want to add to the above please feel free

to do so. Nope, just looking forward to meeting other vegans.

>>

>>

Guest guest

A man of good taste liking Birmingham:) Next time you come over theres a fab

(well I think it is) place just outside of Birmingham in Wolverhampton called

the City Bar. It does vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and meat dishes so I find

it a great place to eat out with other people as I'm the only vegan out of my

family and friends.

lee1963

Tue, 17 Nov 2009 03:41:33 +0000

Re: New here

>

> Hi Lee -

>

> It should have been sent out automatically in an email but these things are

>

> Cheers,

>

> Paul

>

> === member profile ===

>

> Welcome to . In order to introduce yourself to the other members of the

>

> To post your profile reply to this email answering the following 14 questions,

>

>

> Please note that your profile may be placed on the group web site.

>

>

> === Questions about you ===

>

> 1/ What is your name (or what do you like to be called)? Lee

>

> 2/ How old are you (a rough idea will do)? 46

>

> 3/ Do you know many vegans in real life? None

>

> 4/ How long have you been a vegan, and how long vegetarian before that?

>

> 5/ Why did you become vegetarian/vegan (if you are neither it would be useful

>

>

> === Questions about your area ===

>

> 6/ Whereabouts do you live? Sydney

>

> 7/ How good a place is it for vegans? I'm still hunting out the best.

>

>

> === Questions for fun ===

>

> 8/ Which is your favourite type of bean? Baked

>

> 9/ What is your favourite country, or region, to visit? UK - Birmingham, cause

all my in-laws are there.

>

> 10/ What types of film do you like? I'm a bit of a movie buff so I like all.

>

> 11/ What was the last meal you ate? A salad for lunch.

>

> 12/ Are you a morning, evening or night person? Definitaly a night person.

>

>

> === Questions for dull administrative purposes ===

>

> 13/ How did you find out about this list? Searched .

>

>

> === Other comments ===

>

> 14/ If there is anything else you want to add to the above please feel free to

do so. Nope, just looking forward to meeting other vegans.

>

>

>

>

>

> Thank you for completing a profile.

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/