any rate, these are all related issues. If you want to know something,

it's best to ask, though. Also, this group isn't a major recipe

exchange, as the raw foods movement, in truly pursuing health as a

goal, revolves around a lot of fresh whole foods. If you want recipes,

go to www.rawfreedcommunity.info for the largest online raw recipe

book, and for free. Don't hang out too much, though, there's a lot of

misinformation about eating animals on it, which is very shameful. erica

Guest guest

Ummm... I think it's akin to Horse Poo ! LMAO!

On Oct 15, 2007, at 11:40 AM, Erica wrote:

> Hi! I'm not sure what codswallop is, so I cannot really comment.

Guest guest

hi erika

welcome!

i don't know anything about hypoglycemia, so i hope my suggestions are

still helpful. great plant sources of protein include nuts, seeds,

tofu, tempeh, tahini and other nut/seed butters, beans, seitan. plant

proteins don't contain all the amino acids we need all in one hit

(which animal protein does) but so long as you eat a varied plant-based

diet, you'll get everything you need and your body will put it all

together and thrive!

animal proteins are very hard for our bodies to digest, and put them

under enormous stress.

i highly recommend the book 'becoming vegan' for lots of info and

suggestions. the site www.pcrm.org also has lots of good info.

one thing to avoid is just removing the meat from your diet without

introducing new foods. if you do that, you might find yourself rather

tired and unwell and blame the plant-based diet. get some vegan

cookbooks - actually there's several years worth of recipes just on

www.fatfreevegan.com - and try some new foods. see if you can find some

other vegans/vegetarians in your area, and learn from them.

what most helped me become vegan was opening my eyes to the way 'food'

animals are treated. once i'd taken an honest look at what goes on,

there was no way i'd be tempted by any of my old favourites.

best wishes

alice

On 26 Nov 2007, at 07:13, Erika Pride wrote:

>

> Hi, I am Erika I am new here and wouldn't classify myself as a total

> vegetarian but I am not a huge meat fan.

> I could easily go 90% of the time w/out meat. I have been interested

> for quite sometime but didn't know where to begin.

> I am hypoglycemic to so a big concern is getting enough protein to

> balance out the diet.

> Please forgive the ignorance but I just don't know enough about

> vegetarianism. Hopefully you don't mind the questions.

> Erika

Guest guest

Thanks Alice for the friendly welcome! I joined another list at the same time & lets just say they weren't too friendly with people who "didn't think like them"

I will take a better look at the website and see what I can come up with. Can you tell me what tempeh & tahini are?

My dh used to work for a major meat packer, it's scary how they process it.

Erika

Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Connect now!

Guest guest

Hi Erika,

I have been vegan for about 6 weeks. And it turned out to be easier than I thought it would be - especially me being a meat-lover up until that point for nearly 1/2 a century!!!

I have diabetes and so must look at blood sugars too. What I've found is to keep vegan, low fat, plus keep to unrefined plant foods (including eating nuts, seeds, avocados and olives - but in moderation; and enjoying pulses) is what is helping me the most. I'm also hoping to get off insulin. I can but try!

Teresa

-

Erika Pride

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:13 AM

New here

Hi, I am Erika I am new here and wouldn't classify myself as a total vegetarian but I am not a huge meat fan.I could easily go 90% of the time w/out meat. I have been interested for quite sometime but didn't know where to begin.I am hypoglycemic to so a big concern is getting enough protein to balance out the diet.Please forgive the ignorance but I just don't know enough about vegetarianism. Hopefully you don't mind the questions.Erika

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Power up!

Guest guest

Dear Teresa,I have heard studies of the vegan diet reversing diabetes. Here's an article I thought you might find interesting from the PCRM website:Diabetes: Can a Vegan Diet Reverse Diabetes? By Andrew Nicholson, M.D. Diabetes is not necessarily a one-way street. Early studies suggest that persons with type 2 diabetes can improve and, in some cases, even reverse the disease by switching to an unrefined, vegan diet. Unfortunately, none of these studies included a comparison group. So the Diabetes Action and Research Education Foundation provided a grant to PCRM to perform a carefully controlled test. Working with Georgetown University, we compared two different diets: a high-fiber, low-fat, vegan

diet and the more commonly used American Diabetes Association (ADA) diet. We invited persons with non-insulin-dependent diabetes and their spouses or partners to follow one of the two diets for three months. Caterers prepared take-home lunches and dinners, so participants could simply heat up the food at home. The vegan meals were made from unrefined vegetables, grains, beans, and fruits, with no refined ingredients, such as vegetable oil, white flour, or white pasta. These meals averaged just 10 percent fat (as a percentage of calories) and 80 percent complex carbohydrate. They also offered 60-70 grams of fiber per day and had no cholesterol at all. The comparison (ADA) diet contained somewhat more plant-based ingredients than

the average American diet, but still relied on the conventional chicken and fish recipes. This diet was 30 percent fat and 50 percent carbohydrate. It provided about 30 grams of fiber and 200 milligrams of cholesterol per day. Participants in both groups came to the University two evenings per week for group sessions covering nutrition, cooking, and support. There were several challenges in planning the study. Would persons with diabetes—and their partners—volunteer for the study? Would they change their eating habits and maintain the study program for the full three months? Could we find caterers who would dependably prepare and deliver attractive vegan and ADA meals? The first of these worries was quickly

dispelled. On the very first day that our advertisement appeared in the newspaper, more than 100 people responded. The participants who were accepted for the study threw themselves into it with enthusiasm. One said, “I was amazed at how powerful the vegan diet was right from the beginning. The blood sugars and weight just started falling off.” Some subjects were pleasantly surprised at how well they adapted to the experimental diet. One said, “If anyone had told me 12 weeks ago that I would be satisfied with a totally vegetarian diet, I would not have believed it.” Another participant needed more time to adjust: “In the beginning, it’s not an easy diet. But I managed to lose, at last count, 17 pounds. I am no longer on medication for diabetes, and

I am no longer on medication for blood pressure. So, actually, it’s been a very, very positive result for me.” Some found unexpected benefits: “My asthma has really improved. I’m not taking as much asthma medicine because I can breathe better. The overall mental outlook on how I feel about myself as a diabetic is much more hopeful now, as I am self-sufficient with a diet that makes sense for me.” Both groups did an overall great job in adhering to their prescribed diets. However, the vegan group clearly had the edge in many of the results. Fasting blood sugars decreased 59 percent more in the vegan group than in the ADA group. And, while the vegans needed less medication to control their blood sugars, the ADA group needed just

as much medicine as before. The vegans were taking less medicine, but were in better control. While the ADA group lost an impressive 8 pounds, on average, the vegans lost nearly 16 pounds. Cholesterol levels also dropped more substantially in the vegan group compared to the ADA group. Diabetes can cause serious damage to the kidneys, resulting in protein loss in the urine. Several of our subjects already had significant protein loss at the beginning of the study, and the ADA group did not improve in this respect. In fact, their protein losses actually worsened somewhat over the 12 weeks of the study. The vegan group, on the other hand, had a large reduction in protein losses. Encouraged by the strong

results of this pilot study, we are planning a much larger study for next year. We all owe a great debt to these volunteers who generously gave their time to help us learn how to improve our treatments for diabetes. Updated 02/15/05Teresa <teresaj wrote: Hi Erika, I have been vegan for about 6 weeks. And it turned out to be

easier than I thought it would be - especially me being a meat-lover up until that point for nearly 1/2 a century!!! I have diabetes and so must look at blood sugars too. What I've found is to keep vegan, low fat, plus keep to unrefined plant foods (including eating nuts, seeds, avocados and olives - but in moderation; and enjoying pulses) is what is helping me the most. I'm also hoping to get off insulin. I can but try! Teresa - Erika Pride Monday, November 26, 2007

7:13 AM New here Hi, I am Erika I am new here and wouldn't classify myself as a total vegetarian but I am not a huge meat fan.I could easily go 90% of the time w/out meat. I have been interested for quite sometime but didn't know where to begin.I am hypoglycemic to so a big concern is getting enough protein to balance out the diet.Please forgive the ignorance but I just don't know enough about vegetarianism. Hopefully you don't mind the questions.Erika Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Power up!

Guest guest

Thanks for this. Am about to read it ... :-)

Teresa

-

cacophonous_joy

Monday, November 26, 2007 3:15 PM

Re: New here

Dear Teresa,I have heard studies of the vegan diet reversing diabetes. Here's an article I thought you might find interesting from the PCRM website:

Diabetes: Can a Vegan Diet Reverse Diabetes?

By Andrew Nicholson, M.D.

Diabetes is not necessarily a one-way street. Early studies suggest that persons with type 2 diabetes can improve and, in some cases, even reverse the disease by switching to an unrefined, vegan diet. Unfortunately, none of these studies included a comparison group. So the Diabetes Action and Research Education Foundation provided a grant to PCRM to perform a carefully controlled test.

Working with Georgetown University, we compared two different diets: a high-fiber, low-fat, vegan diet and the more commonly used American Diabetes Association (ADA) diet. We invited persons with non-insulin-dependent diabetes and their spouses or partners to follow one of the two diets for three months. Caterers prepared take-home lunches and dinners, so participants could simply heat up the food at home.

The vegan meals were made from unrefined vegetables, grains, beans, and fruits, with no refined ingredients, such as vegetable oil, white flour, or white pasta. These meals averaged just 10 percent fat (as a percentage of calories) and 80 percent complex carbohydrate. They also offered 60-70 grams of fiber per day and had no cholesterol at all.

The comparison (ADA) diet contained somewhat more plant-based ingredients than the average American diet, but still relied on the conventional chicken and fish recipes. This diet was 30 percent fat and 50 percent carbohydrate. It provided about 30 grams of fiber and 200 milligrams of cholesterol per day.

Participants in both groups came to the University two evenings per week for group sessions covering nutrition, cooking, and support.

There were several challenges in planning the study. Would persons with diabetes—and their partners—volunteer for the study? Would they change their eating habits and maintain the study program for the full three months? Could we find caterers who would dependably prepare and deliver attractive vegan and ADA meals?

The first of these worries was quickly dispelled. On the very first day that our advertisement appeared in the newspaper, more than 100 people responded. The participants who were accepted for the study threw themselves into it with enthusiasm. One said, “I was amazed at how powerful the vegan diet was right from the beginning. The blood sugars and weight just started falling off.”

Some subjects were pleasantly surprised at how well they adapted to the experimental diet. One said, “If anyone had told me 12 weeks ago that I would be satisfied with a totally vegetarian diet, I would not have believed it.” Another participant needed more time to adjust: “In the beginning, it’s not an easy diet. But I managed to lose, at last count, 17 pounds. I am no longer on medication for diabetes, and I am no longer on medication for blood pressure. So, actually, it’s been a very, very positive result for me.”

Some found unexpected benefits: “My asthma has really improved. I’m not taking as much asthma medicine because I can breathe better. The overall mental outlook on how I feel about myself as a diabetic is much more hopeful now, as I am self-sufficient with a diet that makes sense for me.”

Both groups did an overall great job in adhering to their prescribed diets. However, the vegan group clearly had the edge in many of the results. Fasting blood sugars decreased 59 percent more in the vegan group than in the ADA group. And, while the vegans needed less medication to control their blood sugars, the ADA group needed just as much medicine as before. The vegans were taking less medicine, but were in better control.

While the ADA group lost an impressive 8 pounds, on average, the vegans lost nearly 16 pounds. Cholesterol levels also dropped more substantially in the vegan group compared to the ADA group.

Diabetes can cause serious damage to the kidneys, resulting in protein loss in the urine. Several of our subjects already had significant protein loss at the beginning of the study, and the ADA group did not improve in this respect. In fact, their protein losses actually worsened somewhat over the 12 weeks of the study. The vegan group, on the other hand, had a large reduction in protein losses.

Encouraged by the strong results of this pilot study, we are planning a much larger study for next year. We all owe a great debt to these volunteers who generously gave their time to help us learn how to improve our treatments for diabetes.

Updated 02/15/05Teresa <teresaj (AT) kol (DOT) co.nz> wrote:

Hi Erika,

I have been vegan for about 6 weeks. And it turned out to be easier than I thought it would be - especially me being a meat-lover up until that point for nearly 1/2 a century!!!

I have diabetes and so must look at blood sugars too. What I've found is to keep vegan, low fat, plus keep to unrefined plant foods (including eating nuts, seeds, avocados and olives - but in moderation; and enjoying pulses) is what is helping me the most. I'm also hoping to get off insulin. I can but try!

Teresa

-

Erika Pride

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:13 AM

New here

Hi, I am Erika I am new here and wouldn't classify myself as a total vegetarian but I am not a huge meat fan.I could easily go 90% of the time w/out meat. I have been interested for quite sometime but didn't know where to begin.I am hypoglycemic to so a big concern is getting enough protein to balance out the diet.Please forgive the ignorance but I just don't know enough about vegetarianism. Hopefully you don't mind the questions.Erika

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Power up!

Guest guest

hi erika

tempeh is vaguely like tofu, except it's made from whole soybeans and

is fermented. it's tasty, but not everybody likes it

tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds. it's an excellent

source of calcium, as well as protein. you can add it to sauces,

dressings. it's traditionally added to hummus, too.

cheers

alice

On 26 Nov 2007, at 13:24, Erika Pride wrote:

> Thanks Alice for the friendly welcome! I joined another list at the

> same time & lets just say they weren't too friendly with people who

> " didn't think like them "

> I will take a better look at the website and see what I can come up

> with. Can you tell me what tempeh & tahini are?

> My dh used to work for a major meat packer, it's scary how they

> process it.

> Erika

Guest guest

I’ve only tried tempeh once and just hated it! Maybe I just didn’t get a good brand? I don’t know if I should give it another try, or are they all pretty much the same and I just don’t like it?

Anna

On 26/11/07 2:37 PM, " Alice Leonard " <alice wrote:

hi erika

tempeh is vaguely like tofu, except it's made from whole soybeans and is fermented. it's tasty, but not everybody likes it

tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds. it's an excellent source of calcium, as well as protein. you can add it to sauces, dressings. it's traditionally added to hummus, too.

cheers

alice

On 26 Nov 2007, at 13:24, Erika Pride wrote:

Thanks Alice for the friendly welcome! I joined another list at the same time & lets just say they weren't too friendly with people who " didn't think like them "

I will take a better look at the website and see what I can come up with. Can you tell me what tempeh & tahini are?

My dh used to work for a major meat packer, it's scary how they process it.

Erika

Guest guest

Did you steam your tempeh first? Once I started

steaming (or cooking it) to get the bitterness out, I

really began to love tempeh...

Arine

--- Coop <rodstruelove wrote:

> I¹ve only tried tempeh once and just hated it!

> Maybe I just didn¹t get a

> good brand? I don¹t know if I should give it

> another try, or are they all

> pretty much the same and I just don¹t like it?

>

> Anna

>

>

> On 26/11/07 2:37 PM, " Alice Leonard "

> <alice wrote:

>

> > hi erika

> > tempeh is vaguely like tofu, except it's made from

> whole soybeans and is

> > fermented. it's tasty, but not everybody likes it

> > tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds.

> it's an excellent source of

> > calcium, as well as protein. you can add it to

> sauces, dressings. it's

> > traditionally added to hummus, too.

> > cheers

> > alice

> >

> > On 26 Nov 2007, at 13:24, Erika Pride wrote:

> >

> >> Thanks Alice for the friendly welcome! I joined

> another list at the same

> >> time & lets just say they weren't too friendly

> with people who " didn't think

> >> like them "

> >> I will take a better look at the website and see

> what I can come up with.

> >> Can you tell me what tempeh & tahini are?

> >> My dh used to work for a major meat packer, it's

> scary how they process it.

> >> Erika

> >

>

>

>

______________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make your home page.

http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

I don’t recall specifically what it was, I was following a recipe ... But I know it wasn’t steamed.

On 26/11/07 8:47 PM, " Arine Mentink " <arinementink wrote:

Did you steam your tempeh first? Once I started

steaming (or cooking it) to get the bitterness out, I

really began to love tempeh...

Arine

--- Coop <rodstruelove <rodstruelove%40dodo.com.au> > wrote:

> I’ve only tried tempeh once and just hated it!

> Maybe I just didn’t get a

> good brand? I don’t know if I should give it

> another try, or are they all

> pretty much the same and I just don’t like it?

>

> Anna

>

Guest guest

Hello and welcome to the group. There is a lot of great recipies here, and I

can't wait to try more of them. My name is Erika I live in Arizona with my

three kids (ages 10, 8 also a vegge and my daughter just turned 5 a couple days

ago) and our three cats. I read your email and I have always been interested

in solar cooking, since there is a lot of run going on in Arizona. I want to

get away from cooking with propain. My bill a couple months ago was un real.

I have a couple tomato plants growing but will do a lot more next year. I

always had a garden growing up and its been a few years since I had one at my

place. Did you buy or make your own solar power cooking thing?

Erika

**************Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car

listings at AOL Autos.

(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)

Guest guest

Hi Jean,

Nice to have you with us and you do need to eat a healthier diet. You will find

many recipes to help you. Plenty are dairy free since you have lactose

intolerance.

Donna

--- On Sat, 5/24/08, Jean Laing <purplepersephone wrote:

Jean Laing <purplepersephone

New here

Saturday, May 24, 2008, 8:05 PM

I have been in this group for a week or so and I wanted to introduce myself.

I've been a vegetarian for a few years, but until recently, I was pretty much a

junk food vegetarian, eating a lot of pizza and mac & nbsp; & amp; cheese and fries

and & nbsp;frozen veggie burgers and sweets. My cholesterol is a bit high and I am

lactose intolerant, so I have cut out most dairy and eggs, and I'm learning to

eat more beans and fruit and veggies and whole grains. The recipe files here are

amazing and people are so friendly and helpful. I'm glad to be here.

& nbsp;

Jean

Guest guest

Hi Marylin, welcome. I've been here quite a while, but mostly as a

lurker. I use my crockpot for beans on a regular basis, and to makes

chilis and stews. Also, I have a cookbook called Fresh from the

Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson, it's a great resource,

definitely worth the purchase price. (Though it says vegetarian, I'm

not certain, but I think all of the recipes are vegan.)

When the weather is cooler I regularly make steel cut oats or spelt

brries for breakfast in the crockpot,too.

Sue

In , " sahmomof8 " <sahmomof8 wrote:

>

> I am feeding a family of eight--myself, my husband, and six kids. I

> LOVE my crockpot, but until recently was only using it to make the

> traditional meat-based dishes. Now I am trying to feed my family

mainly

> vegan, and I am not quite sure how to make kid-friendly, super easy

> meals in my crockpot without resorting to using meat! I hope to get

> some ideas here. Marilyn

>

Guest guest

Wow. Congrats and kudos for making the change!

You will find some great recipes in this group :}

I am still fairly new and have been repeatedly impressed.

Welcome!

, " sahmomof8 " <sahmomof8

wrote:

>

> I am feeding a family of eight--myself, my husband, and six kids. I

> LOVE my crockpot, but until recently was only using it to make the

> traditional meat-based dishes. Now I am trying to feed my family

mainly

> vegan, and I am not quite sure how to make kid-friendly, super easy

> meals in my crockpot without resorting to using meat! I hope to get

> some ideas here. Marilyn

>

Guest guest

Hello Kath and WELCOME!  Yes I can appreciate the challenge of eating veg when

you live the in midwest with so many farms and " meat and potatoes " , but you

sound like you're doing well and I wish you luck in furthering your compassion

endeavors!  Glad you found us.  Hope you enjoy and get to try out some of the

recipes you see on here, and will let us know what you think once you try some!

--- On Sun, 1/18/09, kathef17 <kathef17 wrote:

kathef17 <kathef17

New here

Sunday, January 18, 2009, 3:54 PM

Hi! My name is Kath - I live in Indiana, and I stopped eating pigs and

cows totally (I was on and off before that) just three years ago; I

stopped eating poultry about a year ago, and I still eat fish about

once every two months or so. I do eat eggs, which I buy from a lady who

lets her chickens run free, and I try to limit my dairy (not as

successful there!). Living in the midwest, in the country, surrounded

by meat-eaters and farms.... I can feel a little out-of-place! I'm

anxious to communicate with like-minded people, so here I am...!

Kath

Guest guest

Welcome to the group, Kath. :)

~ PT ~

, " kathef17 " <kathef17 wrote:

>

> Hi! My name is Kath - I live in Indiana, and I stopped eating pigs and

> cows totally (I was on and off before that) just three years ago; I

> stopped eating poultry about a year ago, and I still eat fish about

> once every two months or so. I do eat eggs, which I buy from a lady who

> lets her chickens run free, and I try to limit my dairy (not as

> successful there!). Living in the midwest, in the country, surrounded

> by meat-eaters and farms.... I can feel a little out-of-place! I'm

> anxious to communicate with like-minded people, so here I am...!

> Kath

>

Guest guest

Thanks!!  I see there are lots of recipes, too, which is helpful.  My husband

still eats meat, but he's just happy someone cooks for him, so he doesn't mind

at all; I think he enjoys the new recipes...  I have to admit I'm a little

hesitant to let certain people in my family know of my vegetarianism - I'm just

not up for the reaction.  If someone does say something, I usually just say,

" It's a personal decision, " and let it go at that.

Kathy

" antcheek " <antcheek

Monday, January 19, 2009 10:29:36 AM

Hello Kath and WELCOME!  Yes I can appreciate the challenge of eating veg when

you live the in midwest with so many farms and " meat and potatoes " , but you

sound like you're doing well and I wish you luck in furthering your compassion

endeavors!  Glad you found us.  Hope you enjoy and get to try out some of the

recipes you see on here, and will let us know what you think once you try some!

--- On Sun, 1/18/09, kathef17 <kathef17 > wrote:

kathef17 <kathef17 >

New here

Sunday, January 18, 2009, 3:54 PM

Hi! My name is Kath - I live in Indiana, and I stopped eating pigs and

cows totally (I was on and off before that) just three years ago; I

stopped eating poultry about a year ago, and I still eat fish about

once every two months or so. I do eat eggs, which I buy from a lady who

lets her chickens run free, and I try to limit my dairy (not as

successful there!). Living in the midwest, in the country, surrounded

by meat-eaters and farms.... I can feel a little out-of-place! I'm

anxious to communicate with like-minded people, so here I am...!

Kath

Guest guest

Thanks!!

Kathy

~ PT ~ <patchouli_troll

Monday, January 19, 2009 11:21:24 AM

Welcome to the group, Kath. :)

~ PT ~

, " kathef17 " <kathef17@.. .> wrote:

>

> Hi! My name is Kath - I live in Indiana, and I stopped eating pigs and

> once every two months or so. I do eat eggs, which I buy from a lady who

> successful there!). Living in the midwest, in the country, surrounded

> Kath

>

Guest guest

Welcome Kath!

I'm a fellow Hoosier; I grew up in Tipton County, Indiana (~50mi. N.

of Indy). I love the people but the way they eat is soooo

disgusting! [i'm gonna move back there some day and get them to

change the " Pork Festival " to the " Soy Beast Festival!! " ] The truth

is they don't know any better; well actually they do know how

disgusting their eating habits are they just need reminding! I've

made a hobby of that. It can seem kinda lonely in the midst of all

those carnivores; just give 'em hell and try to have fun with it!

SeveralSpecies

, " kathef17 " <kathef17

wrote:

>

> Hi! My name is Kath - I live in Indiana, and I stopped eating pigs

and

> once every two months or so. I do eat eggs, which I buy from a lady

who

> successful there!). Living in the midwest, in the country,

surrounded

> Kath

>

Guest guest

You saying the Soy Beast Festival reminds me when I was a child, the town I grew

up in (Mexico, Mo) had an annual Soybean festival.  There is still a huge

soybean factory there and the whole town stinks!  Course growing up with it, Im

used to it. 

They would have things that would be foods made from soybeans, tho I never did

try any tofu anything as a kid.  (Was always told it tasted nasty, so of coruse

refursed to try it).  But they also had this one thing they would do, they would

do a HUGE sandbox filled with soybeans, and they would hide quarters in it, for

us kids to dig thru and find.

Even now they have the Soybean Festival, but the town is so delapidated now,

that its no more than just one day of stuff.  Back when I was a kid, it was like

3 or 4 days of stuff.

Okay, enough memory road for me today!

severalspecies01 <severalspecies01

Friday, January 23, 2009 10:46:07 AM

Welcome Kath!

SeveralSpecies

, " kathef17 " <kathef17@.. .>

wrote:

>

and

who

surrounded

> Kath

>

Guest guest

Thanks for the welcome!!

I live in Allen County, so that's pretty close!! 

I've never heard of the Pork Festival, but one of my favorite places to sample

coffee and wander around the veggie areas, Fresh Market, had a " Veal and Wine

Tasting Open House. "   UGH.  I've been boycotting them, so I expect them to go

under any day now.  I'm sure they miss my little visits for their veggie

roll-ups.....

Kath

severalspecies01 <severalspecies01

Friday, January 23, 2009 11:46:07 AM

Welcome Kath!

SeveralSpecies

, " kathef17 " <kathef17@.. .>

wrote:

>

and

who

surrounded

> Kath

>

__.._,_.___

Messages in this topic (11) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Calendar

MARKETPLACE

From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods

Change settings via the Web ( ID required)

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to

Traditional

Visit Your Group | Terms of Use | Un

Recent Activity

New Members

New FilesVisit Your Group

Search Ads

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Search.

Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Join people over 40

who are finding ways

to stay in shape.

Guest guest

debra.

welcome to the group. i love your blog. great pics of you. and the food pics are awesome. great color content. i really like the farm market bag. i did not see the info on how to get one, or did you make that. i would actually like as a hip carry all and gym bag, and for all our unschooling playdates and field trips. i don't usually revisit blogs , but i will yours...and congrats on your weight loss. i am down 34 and trying to go fat free to loose the last 45. i look forward to learning more from you and visiting your blog, Unita WalburnMulberry Island Station HomesteadBerefoot Books Stall Holdervisit my site @ www.mybarefootbooks.com/UnitaWalburn

teecups4me <debra Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 5:59:03 PM new here

sahm of 6, vegan for 4 months now. have lost 80 lbs, 50 since going vegan. We are a Christian family. I love helping others achieve health through a diet change. check out my blog for more recipes and reviews of great healthy living products. I am not completely fat free- and will be working at incorporating more ff recipes into our diet. We do a lot of smoothies- that are ff. http://veganfamilys tyle.blogspot. com blessings, debra

Guest guest

Unita, thank you so very much! I appreciate it. If you click on the picture of the farmers market bag it will take you to the website that I got it from. Barb is such a nice lady.

My biggest advice to everyone regarding weight loss.. is more fiber! lots more. I eat gnu bars- from http://gnufoods.com they have 12 grams of fiber. I eat 1 to 3 a day depending on how busy I am (meaning- did I get a chance to sit down and eat- let's face it us mama's can get busy). They are low calorie 140 calories, 4 grams of fat, 12 grams of fiber. calories and fat depend on flavor, fiber is always the same. So get more fiber. I also love the Full Plate Diet book http://fullplatedietbeta.com/index.php right now they are offering their book for free as a digital download- I got an advanced copy and loved it. lots of great- ff vegan recipes that are high in fiber. Because of this book I have increased my fiber to almost 40 grams a day and I am more regular than I have been in a long time. It is making a difference.

Blessings, Debrahttp://veganfamilystyle.blogspot.com

-

unita walburn

Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:18 PM

Re: new here

debra.

welcome to the group. i love your blog. great pics of you. and the food pics are awesome. great color content. i really like the farm market bag. i did not see the info on how to get one, or did you make that. i would actually like as a hip carry all and gym bag, and for all our unschooling playdates and field trips. i don't usually revisit blogs , but i will yours...and congrats on your weight loss. i am down 34 and trying to go fat free to loose the last 45. i look forward to learning more from you and visiting your blog, Unita WalburnMulberry Island Station HomesteadBerefoot Books Stall Holdervisit my site @ www.mybarefootbooks.com/UnitaWalburn

teecups4me <debra (AT) myvintagehome (DOT) com> Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 5:59:03 PM new here

sahm of 6, vegan for 4 months now. have lost 80 lbs, 50 since going vegan. We are a Christian family. I love helping others achieve health through a diet change. check out my blog for more recipes and reviews of great healthy living products. I am not completely fat free- and will be working at incorporating more ff recipes into our diet. We do a lot of smoothies- that are ff. http://veganfamilys tyle.blogspot. com blessings, debra

Guest guest

the gnu foods look good, but my girls and I are allergic to wheat. i'll show it to a few friends though. Unita WalburnMulberry Island Station HomesteadBerefoot Books Stall Holdervisit my site @ www.mybarefootbooks.com/UnitaWalburn

Debra Garner <debra Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:43:05 PMRe: new here

Unita, thank you so very much! I appreciate it. If you click on the picture of the farmers market bag it will take you to the website that I got it from. Barb is such a nice lady.

My biggest advice to everyone regarding weight loss.. is more fiber! lots more. I eat gnu bars- from http://gnufoods. com they have 12 grams of fiber. I eat 1 to 3 a day depending on how busy I am (meaning- did I get a chance to sit down and eat- let's face it us mama's can get busy). They are low calorie 140 calories, 4 grams of fat, 12 grams of fiber. calories and fat depend on flavor, fiber is always the same. So get more fiber. I also love the Full Plate Diet book http://fullplatedietbeta.com/index.php right now they are offering their book for free as a digital download- I got an advanced copy and loved it. lots of great- ff vegan recipes that are high in fiber. Because of this book I have increased my fiber to almost 40 grams a day and I am more regular than I have been in a long time. It is making a difference.

Blessings, Debrahttp://veganfamilys tyle.blogspot. com

-

unita walburn

Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:18 PM

Re: new here

debra.

welcome to the group. i love your blog. great pics of you. and the food pics are awesome. great color content. i really like the farm market bag. i did not see the info on how to get one, or did you make that. i would actually like as a hip carry all and gym bag, and for all our unschooling playdates and field trips. i don't usually revisit blogs , but i will yours...and congrats on your weight loss. i am down 34 and trying to go fat free to loose the last 45. i look forward to learning more from you and visiting your blog, Unita WalburnMulberry Island Station HomesteadBerefoot Books Stall Holdervisit my site @ www.mybarefootbooks .com/UnitaWalbur n

teecups4me <debra@myvintagehome .com>Saturday, August 22, 2009 5:59:03 PM new here