IndiaDivine.org
Guest guest

what is shambhavi mahamudra

Rate this topic

Guest guest

> One of my friend who is member in ISHA yoga told me about shambhavi mudra

vijayji, shambhavi mudra is a very common Yogic technique, available in any book on Hatha Yoga. You can also find it online.

That said, its still better to learn it from someone else who has practiced it for some time, as there are many small details that are better explained in person.

Guest guest

Fundamentally Shambhavi mudra has come from the mudra which Lord shiva has.

Its from Shambhu (i.e. Lord shiva 's another name)

If you see the photograph of Lord shiva you " ll find his eyes are focused

upwards seeing nothing from the outside , but seeing inside from the centre of

eyes.

Thats shambhavi mudra.

Meditation is not possible without eyes are standstill, hence its shiva who is

the highest level meditator in the world, shows how to enter into meditation.

One look at his posture teaches a lot about it.

Looking from the eye energy source , which is behind the eyes, focused and

centered makes a person to achieve shambhavi mudra.

--- On Thu, 1/10/09, vijaykesavelu <vijaykesavelu wrote:

vijaykesavelu <vijaykesavelu

Thursday, 1 October, 2009, 1:23 PM

One of my friend who is member in ISHA yoga told me about

shambhavi mahamudra as a powerful kriya and he wa practising it for long and

life had changed due to that. he also told me to join the yoga and learn it. but

when i asked him to teach me he refused and told me to join the course. i dont

know whether he is speaking the truth or just to make me join the course he is

telling like that. if anyone know please tell me what is shambhavi mahamudra

what are its benefits.

life had changed due to that. he also told me to join the yoga and learn it. but

what are its benefits.

Hi.. Even I've done the Inner engineering program at Isha. thing is you must be initiated by a guru after you completely understand the importance of each component. Learning from anyone else will make it totally worthless for you n maybe even negative.

I wd say, do attend the program. It's a wonderful experience.

benefits depends on what problems you have right now. if depressions, etc this program will set u right.

Whatever your reason, please go with a mindset to experience fully whatever comes, and go without any expectations.

there's no need for anyone to publicize abt joining it.

and also, please don't just go there for fun.. coz in my group, there were few guys who had come just for fun, and were a bit of a distraction.

benefits of shambavi

1-consciousness expantion

2-ego deminishing

3-healthier lifestyle

4-extends your life beyond regular years.

and many other if continiuously practiced may bring many other benefits!

but i'll also like to mention if you do not recieve this practice from the proper source it will MESS YOU UP SERIOUSLY! that is why your friend told you to go to isha.

there are teachers at isha who have been practicing for over 10 years and still cannot give it..!

it happened like this.. a boy was interested in yoga but his parents told him it was nonesense and did not let him find a school. so he went to buy a book on yoga and started practicing asanas(fisical postures) each morning in the bathroom. One day he did not come out of the bathroom so his parents knocked in the door only to find him paralyzed on the floor. He luckily recovered before reaching the hospital..

so yoga like electricity has many benefits and are vital for humanity, but if you put your finger in a socket you will pay for it dearly!

I have been practising SM for the last 2 years. It gives you a completely different experience. Its an awesome feeling at the end of the it. The reason why you dont teach SM is cos its quite powerful and doing it incorrectly will harm the teacher and not the student.

Guest Guest

Fundamentally Shambhavi mudra has come from the mudra which Lord shiva has.

Its from Shambhu (i.e. Lord shiva 's another name)

If you see the photograph of Lord shiva you " ll find his eyes are focused

upwards seeing nothing from the outside , but seeing inside from the centre of

eyes.

Thats shambhavi mudra.

Meditation is not possible without eyes are standstill, hence its shiva who is

the highest level meditator in the world, shows how to enter into meditation.

One look at his posture teaches a lot about it.

Looking from the eye energy source , which is behind the eyes, focused and

centered makes a person to achieve shambhavi mudra.

--- On Thu, 1/10/09, vijaykesavelu <vijaykesavelu wrote:

vijaykesavelu <vijaykesavelu

Thursday, 1 October, 2009, 1:23 PM

what are its benefits.

Yes, he would be correct and he also refusing that to tell you because whatever learnt in the class should not tell to anyone. Thats a secret.

Dear Friend,

Namaskaram, what your friend has told is true, as this cannot be just like that though, as it has to be learned from the Guru or a teacher who is experienced to handle. So proceed without any doubts in mind, like a child who approaches to her mother without any questions in the mind. It is only possible to experience by self and cannot be explained. Try to attend the Inner Engineering or Isha with Saduguru.

Regards,

Ashwin Hemmad

AUM NAMAHA SHIVAYA

Your friend is absolutely right. While mastering the physical and mechanical nuances of it is a simple job and not much to worry about it but it is ABSOLUTELY necessary that u need to learn it from a guru. This need to be followed to the LETTER. And as for the process in itself is a life changing experience and it is sure to bring about a change in your outlook towards everyday life. I was a skeptical, Science believing 16 yer old kid when I walked into the program . Believe me Sadhguru slowly but steadily demolishes any misnomers by pure and solid logic. I wouldn't want to miss the program even if I can learn the Mudra by myself!!! It is too out of the world to miss. :)

Guest Amit

Guys can any tell me that "WHETHER SADHGURU HIMSELF IS GOING TO VISIT FOR INNER ENGINEERING PROCESS" ???

Conducted on Dec18th - 24th , 2013.

Guest Tiru

Hi m in Canada so iam willing to learn S M . Please can anyone teach me because I cannot come India a thus time it take two years after my studies. So if anyone teaches me it will helpful for me to relieve from stress depression

Guest Ram

Rubbish talk about keeping it secret!  If these guys and Sadguru actually stop being selfish, they will look for ways to spread it wide and benefit everyone who tries to learn it instead of scaring you off saying it will hurt if you try on your own.   And, yes I do not believe the story on the kid who had to be taken to hospital trying Yoga by himself.  Now there are so many books on Yoga teaching with detailed instructions and pictures so that anyone can benefit.  I see nothing special with this SM.  Stop this "learn it only from Sadguru" talk now.

Guest Marcia Pereira

Hello everyone,

I know it is difficult to understand that only a proper trained teacher and initiation is necessary for inner engineering . Please understand that yoga practices today ( generally practice as exercise ) is nothing like the Yoga Sadhguru teaches. Sadhguru is teaching a spiritual yoga which has been lost long ago and he is bring it back. He actually changed some aspects of the Shambhavi Mahamudra in order to be able to teach everybody, if you read the history , it wasn't for everybody just yogis. We are very luck that he is making this a possibility to everyone .

Namaste,

Marcia

Guest Bako

Rubbish talk about keeping it secret!  If these guys and Sadguru actually stop being selfish, they will look for ways to spread it wide and benefit everyone who tries to learn it instead of scaring you off saying it will hurt if you try on your own.   And, yes I do not believe the story on the kid who had to be taken to hospital trying Yoga by himself.  Now there are so many books on Yoga teaching with detailed instructions and pictures so that anyone can benefit.  I see nothing special with this SM.  Stop this "learn it only from Sadguru" talk now.

I fully agree with you Ram.  Shambhavi maha mudra is a simple process but very difficult for most people because, they cant control their mind from continuous mind chatter that most people live in. If you are past that, there is a video available on youtube explained by an enlightened being.  So, it is not a secret nor it needs to be tought by a guru.  Here is the link: