IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Ahara Vimaladvaita

Ganesa Form

Rate this topic

Interesting. But if i go few posts back i have a quaestion about forms of Ganesa and mantra. My quaestion is if i can use mantra Om Gam Ganapataye Namah with any of those 32 forms? And if it's ok if i visualizate any of those forms in my meditation on ganesh with that same Ganapati mantra?

No. You can not. Ganapathyam or the worship of Ganesa as the Supreme Diety was one of the sects along with Saivism, Vaishnavism, Saktham, Souryam (worship of the sun) and Kaumaram (worship of Skanda). It declined later. But the different forms of Ganesa do exist. Ganapathyam had a a number of Tantrik texts laso. Most of the Ganapathyam texts have been lost.

Ganesa is a Vaidic deity. The Ganapathy Atharvaseersham that I mentioned earlier is from the Atharva Veda.

Many of the 32 forms like Heramba Ganapathy, Ucchista ganapthy are Tantrik. I am sending you the link to an article by p.m. Please see that. That is an authoritative article.

The books written now are about the popular worship of Ganesa.

So you need to be careful about your choice.

Books on specific Tantras, Puranas etc. are available in English. And recent research on subjects in Hinduism. But when it comes to specific worship (Upasana) of a particular Deity, not many books are available in English. Such books are available in Hindi, Bangla, Tamil and other Indian languages. And originals in Sanskrit. Some of them do get translated to English. But with limited copies.

Since your question is about Upasana, let me check up my library. I have collected thousands of books in all languages over the years. I think I have a book on Ganapathi Upasana.

I will get back to you within a week.

I have one more quaestion :)! Tell me if my meditation is correct?? When i meditate on Ganesa mantra (Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha) i concentrate on Ajna when i say Om, on Muladhara when i say Gam, on Anahata when i say Ganapataye and when i say Namah i concentrate only on mantra. I would concentrate on image of Ganesh too, but i don't know what form do i have to use to visualaze. Can you hellp me? :)

Thanks to all for patience!

I feel you are talking about three types of meditation here.

1. Mantra/Sound Meditation.

2. Form Meditation.

3. Kundalini Meditation.

From my experience I have found that the sound meditation is the best when you meditate on a Mantra. The Mantra becomes the Deity. The sound of the Mantra reverberates throughout you.

Meditation on Image can be combined with this. But when you are overwhelmed by the mantra it is difficult to concentrate on the form.

I would leave the Chakras alone. Your Kundalini will automatically arise as you progress in your Upasana. This is a natural process with little side effects.

Japa can be combined with Pranayama. 1:4:2

I feel you are talking about three types of meditation here.

1. Mantra/Sound Meditation.

2. Form Meditation.

3. Kundalini Meditation.

From my experience I have found that the sound meditation is the best when you meditate on a Mantra. The Mantra becomes the Deity. The sound of the Mantra reverberates throughout you.

Meditation on Image can be combined with this. But when you are overwhelmed by the mantra it is difficult to concentrate on the form.

I would leave the Chakras alone. Your Kundalini will automatically arise as you progress in your Upasana. This is a natural process with little side effects.

Japa can be combined with Pranayama. 1:4:2

Many thanks to you!!!!! Now i will use only the power of the sound (mantra).

But i don't understand what you mean with those numbers: 1:4:2. I wil repeat only mantra now but hot to breathe when i maditate and how i use mantra with breath? Is it like this: When i breath in I utter mantra (om gam ganapataye namah) at the same time or how (how is with breath here) :). Because i think that with right usage of mantra and breath one becomes more concentrated and so on.

1:4:2 refers to Pranayama. One mantra on Inhalation, Four Mantras during retention and Two during exhalation. I thought you were familiar with Pranayama. You can get a fundamental Pranayama class from one of the Yogic teachers in Slovenia. One single visit should do.

Slovenia seems to have an acute shortage of Yoga teachers. I could locate only one.

http://www.suryasakti.org/pricelist.html

The Sound meditation is taught by the Transcendental Meditation people. They have a center in Slovenia. T.M is done with a single Mantra. Otherwise the technique is the same. A course in T. M would be beneficial.

Japa precedes Meditation. Japa is done loud or silent etc. The idea is that you take a vow to do so many rounds of Japa of the Mantra every day. One round is 108 done with Japa Mala. After finishing the Japa you proceed to Meditation. Here there is no count of Mantras. Japa is done with Pranayama.

Many thanks again. I will get in touch with that center soon. I have visited the Tara Yoga Center in Ljubljana but only the Beginners class. I will go in next class as soon as i could!!!... In the beginners class we have worked more on asanas as on pranayamas.

O and there is more. I don't think that i can hold my brath for so long that i will repeat mantra for 4 times :)!... Is it ok if i say om gam when i inhale and during retention i say ganapataye and when i exhale i say namah... Or is it beter to go like 1 (one mantra - om gam ganapataye namaha):1(one mantra - om gam ganapataye namaha):1(one mantra - om gam ganapataye namaha)???

I understand. That is why I said that you should take Pranayama classes. Till you can hold the breath (It is possible. I tried it now) leave the Pranayama part. It will come with practice of Pranayama. Concentrate on the Mantra now.

1. Importance of flowers in puja ritual

There are subtle frequencies of deities active in the atmosphere. These frequencies are attracted towards certain flowers. These frequencies are then emitted back into atmosphere and are then known as ‘
pavitrak
’. Before we come to the topic of spiritual benefits of offering flowers, let us first see the difference between frequencies and
pavitraks

• The subtle principle of deities attracted to a flower from space is called frequencies while the same deity principle when gets emited into atmosphere is called as
    pavitrak

• The frequencies are subtle most and comparatively more unmanifest (
    nirgun
    ) form of deity principle while a
    pavitrak
    is the subtle and manifest form of the same deity principle.

Let us now see the subtle drawing of a Hibiscus flower

1237720872_jaswand.jpg

• The Ganesh principle present in the universe gets attracted towards the central space of the red coloured Hibiscus flower and is emitted in the form of circles.

• The Ganesh principle which is absorbed by the stem of the flower gets emitted through the petals in the atmosphere.

• The stamen of the flower absorbs the Ganesh principle present in the atmosphere and emits the particles which donate vital energy or
    pranshakti

• The Hibiscus flower is of
    raja-sattva
    nature. As a result divine energy (
    shakti
    ) and divine consciousness (
    chaitanya
    ) are emitted from its petals.

Thus this subtle drawing must have made it clear to our viewers as to how the frequencies of deity principles are attracted towards flower and how through the medium of various parts of flower the same deity frequencies are emitted in the atmosphere in the form of
pavitraks
. Thus it is quite clear that the emission or projection of deity principles and
pavitraks
is a process taking place at a spiritual level. The effect of this process is multifold. One of this is reduction in the strengh of
raja-tama
principle present in the atmosphere.

The negative energies present in the atmosphere get distressed due to the deity principle
pavitraks
projected by the
sattvik
flowers. Their
tama
component dominated energy or what we call as black energy is either reduce or gets destroyed. In short the
sattvik
flowers fight with the negative energies present in the atmosphere by emitting frequencies of deity principles. Such flowers when brought into contact with a person suffering from the distress of negative energy then the negative energy which has entered the person subsides.

To understand this topic clearly will have to first know the distinction between ‘Negative energy’ and ‘black energy’. There are some distressing energies in the atmosphere which trouble us. They are subtle in nature. They are called ‘negative energies’. The energy of deities is known by the terms such as
chaitanya
(divine consciousness), bliss(
ananda
) and
shanti
(peace) while the energy of negative energies is known as ‘black energy’. The deities are
sattva
predominant while the negative energies are
tama
predominant!

A deity looks after our welfare whereas negative energies does us harm. When a person is severely affected by the negative energy distress, his control over his mind, body and intellect is reduced and that of negative energy is increased. This affects the thoughts, emotions etc of the person. Such an affected person when come in contact with an atmosphere predominant in
sattva
component then there is friction between the positive
sattva
atmosphere and negative energy. This can manifest in various forms. This may be in the form of a simple thought of leaving the place or a violent reaction. Sometimes these destructive thoughts can become manifest on a physical level. Under such circumstances the negative energy may manifest grossly in the form of sudden burst of anger, shouting, throwing of objects and not only this, it may take any form of destruction such as plundering and breaking of surrounding things.

This must have definitely introduced you to the topic of distressing or negative energies. So let us move back to the original topic where we are going to see the effect of
sattvik
flowers on negative energies.

Let us see the effect of hibiscus flower on the woman suffering from distress of negative energy in the subtle dimension with the help of a subtle drawing.

1237720920_jaswand_effect.jpg

• Shri Ganesh principle frequencies present in the universe get attracted to the Hibiscus flower.

• The attracted frequencies get converted into
    shakti
    and
    chaitanya
    and are emitted in the atmosphere.

• The emitted energy is of destroyer type that it reduces the covering of black energy generated by the negative energy around the woman.

• There is formation of
    chaitanya
    in the heart of the woman as a result of emitted
    chaitanya

• The subtle particles of destroyer form of energy are projected in the atmosphere.

This subtle drawing must have helped you to understand the importance of
sattvik
flowers. When we offer such
sattvik
flowers to a deity during
puja
then the deity frequencies are emitted from the flowers on a large scale. This not only benefits the worshipper but also makes the surrounding atmosphere
sattvik

sant, we call the hibiscus flower " gumamela ". she comes with a variety of colors, red ones, yellow-orange, orange, yellow,etc. my father dr. mario c. mabalay, a dermatologist, pathologist, and family physician has turned our front lawn into a jungle of gumamela plants. i always wondered why. now, i know. thanks!

Be very careful of fangus which is seen widely on these plants with a look out of white soft tissues attached on branches,a caution note based on health science.

family physician has turned our front lawn into a jungle of gumamela plants

Be very careful of fangus which is seen widely on these plants with a look out of white soft tissues attached on branches,a caution note based on health science.

my family physician father regular prunes the branches of his gumamela plants maybe looking for parts with fungal infection of the twigs and leaves( he`s a dermatologist). anyway, thanks for the feedback, hindustani.

I have one more quaestion :)! Tell me if my meditation is correct?? When i meditate on Ganesa mantra (Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha) i concentrate on Ajna when i say Om, on Muladhara when i say Gam, on Anahata when i say Ganapataye and when i say Namah i concentrate only on mantra. I would concentrate on image of Ganesh too, but i don't know what form do i have to use to visualaze. Can you hellp me? :)

Thanks to all for patience!

Please take the Mahaganapathi form. Stick to the Vaidic form rather than the Tantrik one.

The invocation

Stick to the Vaidic form rather than the Tantrik one.

sir may i ask why.

generally why do people stop others from doing tantra or tantric mantras

Sorry. I should have explained. The Tantrik forms have different Mantras associated with them. Normally you choose a form and then find the Mantra for that form. But these are done only for specific Siddhis.

Since Ahara Vimaladvaita has already chosen a Mantra and the worship is pure devotion it is better to stick to the Vaidic form.

Pujas are of three kinds

1. Vaidic

2. Tantric

3. Pouranic

The Vaidic Puja is simpler and easier to follow.

The Vaidic Puja is simpler and easier to follow.

but did you notice that vaidic homa is so tougher than tantric homa . i mean a homa for kalipuja (tantric) is so easy compared to one in durgapuja(vaidic) .

did you notice that ?

The popular Durga Puja in Bengal is Pauranic and not Tantric. Kali Puja on Deepavali night is generally Tantrik.

Tantra is much more ritualistic than Vedic practices. The daily Puja of the Vaidic Brahmin is a very simple one.

Another important factor is that the Vedic Puja rituals are available freely on the net and in books. Tantric rituals change not only from region to region to region, but also from sampradhaya to sampradhaya.

And we are not talking about Homa here.

Tantrik rituals have to be learnt from a proper Guru.

My advice here is as a layman. May be a teacher. I am neither an Acharya nor a Guru as far this forum is concerned.

I am sure Vigneswara will send a proper guru to Ahara Vimaladvaita as and when he reaches that stage in his Upasana.