IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sandhu.jp

Indian Astrology Remedies-Do They Really Work?

Rate this topic

Indian Astrology Remedies-Do They Really Work?Pt.P.K.Bhardwaj What Are Vedic Astrology Remedies?Human beings in their life face a lot of pain, misery and troubles, which affect them both emotionally as well as physically. To avoid pain and to seek pleasure has been one of the major objectives of our lives. The other major objective for a select few of us is to know our true self and to know the ultimate reality and be one with it. Whether the objective is material or spiritual, as per one's destiny there could be a lot of hurdles. Vedic (Indian) astrology has not only given us tools to determine what's destiny has in store for us but also ways to avoid the hurdles in achieving our material or spiritual goals. These ways as suggested by the astrological principles are called remedies. All these remedies attempt to correct one of the two situations as depicted in your chart. They are making good planets stronger or making effect of bad planets weaker. Doubts About Vedic Astrology Remedies?A number of people who believe in Indian astrology refuse to believe the efficacy of the remedial measures it offers. Here are some of many questions I have received in the past. "The underlying assumption of astrology being karma theory and planets being just 'soochakas' rather than 'karakas' (signals rather than doers), is there a justification for remedy at all?All of life events are something that I feel are destined. If they are destined and my astrological charts are telling me this, how can I change something written in my chart and hence in my destinyIf my chart is predicting an unfavorable event in my life, and by remedies if I am able to stop that event from happening, wouldn’t that invalidate what’s written in my chart" Why Remedies Do Not WorkAll of the above are excellent questions. But there is valid theory behind the concept of remedies. Just like when a drug company introduces a new drug, it goes through clinical trials for several years before it is released for the consumption of common public, similarly these remedies are tried and tested by years of practice of our ancient seers. However just as a drug is not suitable for everyone and only a very experienced doctor can tell if a drug is right under certain conditions, similarly only a very experienced Indian astrologer can tell the right remedy for the right person valid under certain conditions. Majority of the so-called astrologers do not follow the rules correctly and hence give a bad name to these remedies. What is the Astrological Basis of Remedies?Planets move in the skies in a pre determined way. The permutations and combinations they form are all predetermined and are being governed by natural laws. Reasoning then suggests that the only way destiny can control your next birth based on your karmas is by choosing a time for your birth when the certain planetary combinations suited to give you the results based on your past karmas are present. So destiny does it role by choosing that moment and giving you a life as per the planetary combinations and their natural effects. Now destiny's role is done and planets take over to give you the results based on the combinations present at the time of your birth. But what if the man learns to alter the effects of planets to some extent now.. can he alters his predefined life now.... the answer is obviously.. if we understand how planets effect us to begin with to give the life destiny handed over to us.. we can surely alter those effects to make them work for us. That's what remedies are all about. They are our attempt to alter the natural effects of planets. We do that by experimenting with gems (which use electromagnetic radiations), Mantras. (Which use sound waves) and Yantras (which use geometrical and mathematical shapes). Correct Way Of Determining RemedyA doctor needs to determine your health and other drug history before prescribing a medicine. he does that to make sure that there are no unwanted interactions with other drugs you are taking, your body will be able to take the side effects and the drug will be effective given your age, weight, blood pressure etc. An astrologer pretty much needs to do a similar analysis. e.g. Let's say that a native comes to you with a problem of not able to gain a lot wealth. Now the problem has two parts, he must be able to make a lot of money as well as he must be able to accumulate a lot of wealth by proper savings or investments. What if you suggest a remedy, which will help him, earn a lot of money by making a particular planet stronger? But what if that planet is bad for accumulating wealth? By suggesting that remedy you just made sure that he will earn a lot of money but will not be able to save or invest it properly. That person will obviously come back later on and say that the remedy never worked. The correct way of suggesting the remedy is as follows. First Determine the overall bad and good effects of all planets in the chart.Next determine the strength of all those planets.Next determine what is causing the trouble. A weak but good planet or a strong but malefic planet.If both of the above cases are present then choose the weak but the good planet for remedy.If weak but good panet is picked for remedy, determine if that planet is capable of producing bad effects for any house. Check the strength of that house, if the house is otherwise strong proceed, otherwise also include in your remedy the good planet for that chart to protect that house.If strong but malefic planet is picked up for remedy, determine if that planet (specially the houses on which that planet lords over) is good for any house. Repeat the same check as explained above to make the affected house stronger.Finally check the dasha scheme, check the relationship of the planet with the dasha lord and see if they are compatible. If not compatible then suggest a remedy for the dasha lord instead of the planet in question.As you can see the results will really vary chart to chart. That's why no remedy works the same way for all the poople. Remedies do work, but determine the right remedy takes real skill and years of experience.

Dear all.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="93%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">Q. Do remedies work?

Sure. Remedial Measure is a very important part of Vedic Astrology (Jyotish) and like other principles of Jyotish, it always work. Ever since I have been starting doing different remedies, it has been my constant experience that they work. Not only do they work but they do work in a systematic way.

Q. What do you mean by 'A systematic way'?

Systematic way means that the remedies would work as suggested by the horoscope itself. As an example, if Sun is found in your second house being the lord of the fifth house, doing a remedy to Sun would cause changes in your life regarding your finance, children, diet, creativity and other areas of life ruled by houses second and fifth. It will not affect any other fields of life that Sun is not connected with, in your chart.

Q. How do remedies work?

It is impossible to explain in a worldly way. It is a divinity. According to Jyotish teaching, the negative karma you have is for the immoral deeds you performed in your past births. Remedial measure means seeking the divine grace either with prayers and worshipping such as chanting mantras, wearing yantras etc., or with doing good deeds such as serving others, donating to the poor etc. Fasting is also a good remedy which works in the way of penance or self-discipline. Remedies pay off the negative karma through the good deeds instead of making you suffer as the result, and so balance the karmic energies.

Q. How would I know what is the best sort of remedy for me?

It mostly depends upon you. Does not matter what remedies are suggested, it has to be considered if you are able to perform it or not. Because all the remedies take some physical or financial efforts to perform. Such as, chanting mantras would not need any financial means but only physical and mental works, whereas donating to a yajna would not need much physical effort but a lot of financial pay off. That is why, first it has to be focused upon what is convenient for you.

Q. What are considered to be strong remedies?

Depends. Generally, mantras and yajnas are considered to be the strongest. Gemstones and fasting do not work much strong for a few. Yantras are also good remedies.

Q. Why you say gemstones do not work strong for all?

It depends on the chart itself and varies from person to person. There are certain stuff to be looked at in the chart to verify this. Some people are strongly and quickly affected by remedies and some need much effort and time to see the changes. As an example, I personally am very much sensitive about any remedies.

Q. How would I know how would remedies work for me?

The best way surely is to get your chart checked by a good Vedic Astrology. Another way is to try different remedies, which is often risky or difficult for most, otherwise you know this Sastra well.

Q. Someone told me that it is not going to work unless I have very strong faith. What would you say?

Opinions vary. But this is not correct. Theoretically, and even practically, remedies would work for anyone and everyone. It does not depend on faith. Like Jyotish, remedial measure is also the laws of nature and you can not ignore them if you just do not trust them. Everyone is under this divine law. Anyone doing a correct remedy in a correct way would get the benefit and anyone messing with this divine law even without knowing would be troubled. I can give innumerable examples of it. However to get a remedial measure work positively you will have to do it with respect.

Q. If remedies work, why people are not ever happy?

Good question. The fact is that, remedy is not just a human effort, but it is a divine grace for the person who enjoys it's blessings. There always is certain direct or indirect indication in the horoscope itself for divine grace and the person performs this in the very period of a benefic planet declaring this, such as Jupiter, ninth lord, fifth lord, or other benefics strongly connected to them. It is the teaching of Jyotish and has been my personal experience from my life as well as others' lives. You can never succeed in getting appropriate remedy unless you are destined to do so. Planets are incomparably mightier than us and see and know whatever we think and do, and it is never possible for you to do something that they do not allow. Think, these days only very few people believe in astrology and very few of them come to know about Vedic Astrology seriously. Among them, again only few are interested in remedial measure seriously and among them only few are blessed with the opportunity to meet a good Vedic Astrologer and get good remedies. How many people around you believe in astrology (Vedic Astrology) and how many of them tried remedies seriously? I have sometimes tried very hard to make people believe in Jyotish, remedies etc., but in spite of hours of explanations and discussions with a lot of practical examples, I failed most of the times to make them believe or realize. That is why I have learnt that this is the decision of God whom he will grant vision and blessings.

Q. Does that mean it is preplanned by destiny who will do remedies successfully and who will not?

Yes, sure. Actually all the actions we perform throughout our lives are preplanned and controlled. We really do not do anything but the divinity makes us do all the things. It is very hard to believe, but a person blessed with consciousness see it always very clearly. We all perform preplanned actions that is why predictions about our lives come true. Whatever happens in your life must be caused by the actions that you and people around you perform willingly and unwillingly, and to make the event happen in a planned way all must work in a planned way, too.

Q. What is the point of trying to do remedies then? It would happen anyway, not so?

Yes, but it is very very difficult to yield it confidently, for it is always very hard to predict something with 100% confidence and guarantee. Divinity exposes itself to us only to that extent it wants. We can not see what the God does not wish to show us. For human limitation in predicting, a part of prediction is always uncertain and that is why there is a room for effort. We can not tell for sure before we try, and though we try or not, at end we always see that it happened as per the horoscope, which is very hard to tell before happening, most of the times.

Q. Should I chant mantras to a planet or wear a stone to propitiate it?

Most of the times, no. To understand remedies you will have to understand how planets work. Planets become either benefic or malefic towards you for your horoscope, a benefic means that generally is auspicious and blesses you with happiness and good stuff, while a malefic means that tries to cause harms and damages. Benefic planets should be strengthened with mantras, gemstones, colours etc., whereas malefic planets should be propitiated with charity, donation, fasting etc. There are mantas to propitiate planets, too. It is not possible to be covered here within short. You will have to understand with many charts in practice. There are also benefic planets and malefic planets as per nature, which is another scheme. So, this is all complex. Most of the Jyotishas (Vedic Astrologers) practicing today do not have a good knowledge on this. You should consult a truly skilled Vedic Astrologer to know and perform the right remedy for you, and the astrologer also must be very honest to guide you to the most effective remedy for you, rather than making money for his own, by selling gemstones or yantras grossly.

Q. I do not have the money to buy gemstones or to donate in a yajna. So mantras seem to be the easiest for me, right?

The answer can not be easily given. Mantras have great power in them that sometimes work in an unbelievably strong way. That is why it is never good to chant a mantra unless you are sure about what it is going to do to you. Because not all mantra is suitable for all. Which mantra would be suitable for you would be found by reading your horoscope. It is a matter of a careful judgment of the mantra considering the syllables, the starting letter, the sequence of letters etc. Only after judging all these, the mantra should be suggested. Or the mantra can be 'rectified' as per your horoscope. The topic is very vast and beyond the scope of this page. So please get your horoscope checked by a knowledgeable Vedic Astrologer for this. Also there are a strict procedure to be followed to chant the mantra. Please note that chanting an inappropriate mantra, or chanting a mantra in a wrong way can lead to very difficult and complicated situations. So this is all very relative.

To understand the core facts about remedies and astrology, please read my essay Necessity of astroilogy. It is very long, but once you read it all, I hope that you would understand that it was a good use of your time and energy to read this.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dear Sandhu Ji, Pranams

Your last para says "To understand the core facts about remedies and astrology, please read my essay Necessity of astroilogy. It is very long, but once you read it all, I hope that you would understand that it was a good use of your time and energy to read this."

Referring your advice to read your essay may I request you to make me know as to when that was posted so that I can trace to have the benefit.

Regards,

Anusha