IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Milly

Who is Ammachi?

Rate this topic

I went to see Amma this year when she came to Australia. It was a very special day for me.

Some key highlights: The venue was full of gentle loving people, full of light and goodness. The music was great, lots of Krsna bhajanas which I liked very much.

New-comers to see Amma receive her embrace. She is famous as the hugging saint. She sees people on very deep levels, and for me to receive her embrace without need for words was sufficient. She called me her son over and over, and kissed me on the forehead several times. I will never forget her. It was a fully healing experience for me, and for two weeks after tears, shivering, and other symptoms of love of God manifested all through my body.

I am a Hare Krsna devotee so my philisophical mind is a different approach to Amma...but I honored her love, for it is much greater than I possess.

The next day after I saw her I was doing Jaap meditation and received darshan of Lord Sri Krsna. I was unaware of my body, and was over-whelmed by the fragrance of my Lord's body...tears flowing uncontrollably.

Since meeting Amma my life has actualized further, fears have left me, my devotion to Lord GaurangaKrishna has increased...a deeper understanding of my soul has manifested.

I was offering her incense some time ago (just after I saw her), and in the hand I was offering the incense a long black curly hair manifested entwined around my fingers. It was the blackest piece of head hair I have ever seen. In my heart I heard a voice, 'throw the hair on the ground...do not be attached to the material way of life'. I threw it on the ground in my puja room, looked for it a few days later and it was gone.

Some on this forum criticized me harshly for saying I love Amma. They do not know me and my devotion to Guru and Gauranga!

........ width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUcnTRdMe0o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Bishadi on this forum always calls me to be honest motivated by compassion.

Milly, the greatest love and joy I have ever found is Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Srila Prabhupada. As I am growing in understanding of the Holy Name of Krsna, with internal meditation on His form, qualities, and pastimes...the joy is incomparable to any fleeting joy in this world.

To have an internal vision of God and His personality, of super-soul, and brahman....is beyond words. That is where I repose my faith, where I have found my soul...and in all honesty that is where I would tell all people to go....the Holy Name of Sri Krsna.

In that vision my heart has room for all things, because the absolute tattva (summum bonum) contains all.

Below is the Diety of Sri Sri Radha-Krsna in London installed by Srila Prabhupada at the Iskcon centre (click it):

[ATTACH]1831[/ATTACH]

y.s. bija

post-5757-138274056411_thumb.jpg

It’s easy to criticize what you don’t know. Loving her doesn’t make your devotion to Krishna any less pure so don't let anyone be the judge of your devotion.

That was a very emotional video and I already feel that I like her. I am just a bit afraid as to what I would say. And I’m also a bit afraid because she hugs people, and I never do hugs. I know this will make me sound sad, but even when people have tried to hug me, I have resisted. I don’t know why. I don’t want her to think that I think badly of her. I love people but find it hard to express my emotions. But she sounds so lovely, I want to meet her.

I’ll see if I can pick up the book from the library so thanks for the suggested reading. And now that you have reminded me, I already had made plans to go to the Iskcon temple tomorrow. I have been there many times and whenever I go there I come out with a completely refreshed mind. Its my favorite place :D

Dear Milly,

She is a true saint. She did rigorous spiritual sadana in her early years and realised god, by intense bhakti and tapas. Her God of devotion is Siva. But she is universal like any truely realised mystic. Apart from her hug, which comes from her realization that all souls are devine, you can ask any spiritual doubt you have . She is a realised person and She can answer any spirritual question and guide you properly. Though she is illetrate you will be stunned at her ability to clarify on spiritual matters . Dont miss that opportunity. Ask her your spiritual questions and concernes.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Have a lovely time Milly.

Now! Go get that hug! Good hugs (I recommend)...Amma has plenty of practice:) .

I'll be brave this time, lol :)

Dear Milly,

She is a realised person and She can answer any spirritual question and guide you properly. Though she is illetrate you will be stunned at her ability to clarify on spiritual matters . Dont miss that opportunity. Ask her your spiritual questions and concernes.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Yes!! I think I might have a few questions. I'm just wondering if she speaks English or Gujarati, or does she have a translator?

I heard that she is coming to the UK, London in October. I just want to know who she is and should I go and visit her? What do I say to her if I do?

do you know when she's coming to London? I would really like to see her too.

<div>........ width="420" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k2Nbhza5gXWSgvbXfm&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k2Nbhza5gXWSgvbXfm&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="336" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1p2ks_amma-bhajan-chant-a-la-mere-divine_events">Amma bhajan chant à la mère divine</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/x--japan">x--japan</a></i></div>

Amma's interview with Alan Steinfeld

<param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>