IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Delete

Mantras for Naga and Nagini Worship

Rate this topic

Hello Delete,

Sorry I dont have any mantras to offer. But I am curious to know what benefits are to be gained by worshippping nagas / naginis. Just curious and I am interested in the topic of nagas / naginis.:)

Nitai Das.

I did not find any mantras for manasa mata but had the opportunity to gain some insight on who she was.

However, fortunately I was able to retrieve some stuff from a similar thread entitled naga panchami.

Yes Manasa is beautiful.

I have a concern here: Usually Shesha Naga is worshipped along with his consort who is usually acknowledged as Nagini Mata. I have read and heard stories about the Shesha Naga but never about his consort, yet many worship them both side by side.

Can any one tell me more about Shesha naga's consort?

Hello Delete,

There is a mantra for nagini worship which is a common one for all snake deities and hence can be used for naga (Male) too . The source is Boodha Damara Tantra.

The Mantra is: Om Puuh Swaahaa

"Puuh" is the beeja for Naga and Nagini in general. Specific Names of naga or nagini could be added to this beeja to make specific mantra . For example One of the 8 naginis is Padmavati, Her mantra then is:

Om Puuh Padmaavati Swaahaa .

Regards,

K.Ravindran

The Eight Nagini Mantras are:

Om Puuh Anantamukhii Swaahaa

Om Puuh Karkodamukhii Swaahaa

Om Puuh Padminii Swaahaa (Padmavati)

Om KaalaJiihvaa Puuh Swaahaa

Om Mahaapadminii Swaahaa

Om Vaasukiimukhii Swaahaa

Om Hum Hum Puurvabhuupamukhii Swaahaa

Om Shankhni Vaayumukhii Hum Hum

Note Hum is pronunced as in english 'who' but short.

Every 'aa' ' ii ' and 'uu' is is prounced long.

Source Buudadaamara Tantra.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

Dear Delete ,

Booda damara tantra -the sourse that i ahave quoted does not have gayatries for the deities.

there are other forms of snake deities like sesha the Vishnus bed, Nagaraja ,Siva's necklace, Akshobia the Tara's hair clip, and other forms of nagas associated with raghu and kethu ect. They all have different mantras and will have associated gayatries. I dont know them.

For other mantras and worship methods you may look at a posting on Naga Panjami - rictuals mantras and strotras by Srinath Ram Atrea in the forum Shakti sadana.

Regards,

K.Ravindran

I finally found a gayatri mantra for naga devta:

Om Nagadevathaya Vidhmahe

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:place w:st=Jwala Malaya</st1:place> Dhimahi

Tanno Ananda Prachodayat

Can someone please translate it in english please.

Thanks

hi Delete!

the following mantra can be used for the worship of naag devta

NAMASTE DEV DEVESHA, NAMASTE DHAARANI-DHARA, NAMASTE SARV NAGENDRA NAMASTE PURUSHOTTAMA.

ANANTAM VASUKIM SHESHAM PADMANAABHAM CHA KAMBALAM SHANKHAPAALAM DHRITARASHTRAM TAKSHAKAM KAALIYAM TATHA, ETAANI NAV NAAMANI NAAGAANAM CHA MAHAATMANAM, PRATAH KAALE PATHE NITYAM SAAYAM KAALE VISHESHATAHA. TASYA VISH BHAYAM NAASTI SARVATRA VIJAYI BHAVET..