IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Definition Of Diksha

Rate this topic

For sure cbrahma. At some point the flow goes internally. Somewhere in our bhajan activities (which begin externally) the flow goes inward. Taste is an inner feeling. And steadiness is a deeper aspect of that inward experience.

If one does not have that inner flow, yep, all the robes and position will not maintain the appearance of advanced sadhu. What is in the heart will eventually bubble to the surface.

It is hard to tell what is in the devotees heart sometimes. Bhava may not very very visible. The heart can be grave or soft (according to sri-bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu-bindu). The grave heart is compared to a big ocean - and a spiritual emotion will not cause many waves. A soft heart is compared to a pond. Even a small pebble of emotion will be very visible in that pond.

The showman's tricks will eventually be exposed. Grossness can not be hidden for ever.

In realtion to George, who are we to say what spiritual emotions inwardly flowed in his heart. Maybe by some good fortune we may glimpse anubhava in another then we can be certain. But not all devotees are small soft ponds of love.

No doubt we don't what was in George's heart. What we can't say is that because he was not formally intiated he didn't experience sufficent bhakti to get Krsna's attention.

That is not true - The Beatles dropped TM long before George started chanting the Mahamantra. SRF or not he chanted regularly.

Of course the Beatles officially 'dropped' TM before George became a devotee (everyone knows that), however George did benefit concerts for the TM people long after he became a devotee.

;)

It's a fact George left money for SRF, he really loved Yogananda.

;)

What does that prove? I know he didn't leave any for ISKCON. Intelligent to the very end.

Madhurya Kadambini

Sixth Shower of Nectar

Ruci and Asakti

Ruci is the means to perfection, while asakti is the goal, the object of worship, and meditation. In the case of ruci, the devotee increases these symptoms of bhakti (innate in both ruci and asakti) by refining the process of devotional service. In the case of asakti, the devotee achieves the same by surrendering to the attarctions of the object (Krsna). In essence bothe the end and the means qualify to become one, so at a certain satge they are the same.

Brainwashed by George

(from his last album)

Brainwashed in our childhood

Brainwashed by the school

Brainwashed by our teachers

and brainwashed by their rules

Brainwashed by our leaders

By our Kings and Queens

Brainwashed in the open and brainwashed

behind the scenes

God God God

A voice cried in the wilderness

God God God

it was on the longest night

God God God

An eternity of darkness

God God God

Someone turned out the spiritual light

Brainwashed by the Nikkei

Brainwashed by Dow Jones

Brainwashed by the FTSE

Nasdaq and secure loans

Brainwashed us from Brussels

Brainwashing us in Bonn

Brainwashing us in Washington

Westminster in London

God God God

You are the wisdom that we seek

God God God

The lover that we miss

God God God

Your nature is eternity

God God God

You are Existence, Knowledge, Bliss

The soul does not love, it is love itself

It does not exist, It is existence itself

It does not know, It is knowledge itself

"How to Know God" Page 130*

They brainwashed my great uncle

Brainwashed my cousin Bob

They even got my grandma when she was

working for the mob

Brainwash you while you're sleeping

While you're in a traffic jam

Brainwash you while you're weeping

While still a baby in your pram

Brainwashed by the Military

Brainwashed under duress

Brainwashed by the media

You're brainwashed by the press

Brainwashed by computer

Brainwashed by mobile phones

Brainwashed by the satellite

Brainwashed to the bone

God God God

Won't you lead us through this mess

God God God

From the places of concrete

God God God

Nothing's worse than ignorance

God God God

I just won't accept defeat

God God God

Must be something I forgot

God God God

Down on Bullshit Avenue

God God God

If we can only stop the rot

God God God

Wish that you'd brainwash us too

Namah Parvati Pataye Hare Hare Mahadev

Namah Parvati Pataye Hare Hare

Shiva Shiva Shankara Mahadeva

Hare Hare Hare Hare Mahadeva

*taken from the book 'How to Know God - the yoga aphorism of Patanjali by Swami Prabhavananda'

What does that prove? I know he didn't leave any for ISKCON. Intelligent to the very end.

It simply shows he had affection for SRF and other spiritual teachings and was not 100% into being a devotee, he did not have 'nistha' for bhakti to Krishna.

It simply shows he had affection for SRF and other spiritual teachings and was not 100% into being a devotee, he did not have 'nistha' for bhakti to Krishna. posted by ***

How do you know that for sure?

Ok from a Gaudiya Vaisnava perspective you may possibly be quite correct.

But doesn't attraction for Sri Krsna go beyond the box though? Or is it an exclusive thing?

What is your definition of 'devotee'?

I don't know what was in George's heart for sure - do you?

It simply shows he had affection for SRF and other spiritual teachings and was not 100% into being a devotee' date=' he did not have 'nistha' for bhakti to Krishna.[/quote']

Yes from a religionist sectarian point of view.

How do you know that for sure?

Ok from a Gaudiya Vaisnava perspective you may possibly be quite correct.

But doesn't attraction for Sri Krsna go beyond the box though? Or is it an exclusive thing?

What is your definition of 'devotee'?

I don't know what was in George's heart for sure - do you?

I know George loved Krishna and Prabupada, but he also was into other types of spirituality, kinda speaks for itself and certainly shows he did not have nistha for Krishna Bhakti. I am not insulting him at all, I loved him, he was a great influence on my life, but I am not going to accept some fantasy about him.

Why continue to believe in the myth Iskcon made up about him for their own selfish motives, they used him in so many ways and he got real fed up with it, that is way he even went so far as considering to give the Manor to SRF (FACT)

:)

I think it might have something to do with the personality cult surrounding gurus and seeming pressure to take initiation from this or that guru when ultimately it seems that should be a personal decision and not be influenced by peer pressure etc. Just a guess on my part, don't know for sure.

the personality cult surrounding Prabhupada was (and still is) tremendous, but that is the fault of his groupie disciples, not the GV tradition. As it was said earlier by the prabhu quoting HBV:

"In this description the whole process is summarized by saying that the only necessary and indeed essential act in initiation, is the speaking or giving of the mantra, (not the Hare Krishna mantra which is referred to correctly as Hari nam and not mantra) but 'Klim Krishnaya Govindaya Gopijanavallabhaya Svaha', by the guru into the disciple's ear (Hari-bhakti-vilasa 2.243-6)"

That is the essence of diksa, not some book knowledge, or theoretical understanding of our philosophy. People who do not understand that point have much to learn and realize.

Why continue to believe in the myth Iskcon made up about him for their own selfish motives posted by***

Yep. I don't like how they made out stuff that is not real. Sure his dear friends from Iskcon were with him and chanted in the last hours (I could only wish for that grace) - but it is disappointing that Iskcon used such an intimate moment as propaganda. I dont like that:eek3:!! It's a turn off!

I read Tarot cards, am interested in shamanism...I dig Krsna consciousness lots. I might just go hang out in George's paradise...could you come over to OZ and chant for me in the final wee hours *** - please. (no hope for the hopeless:))

*I wish I could spell your name ***

Oh get off it and stop pretending that you know it all, you don't and don't fool me at all.

:P;):)

That is elementary. You have already betrayed your ignorance.

I know George loved Krishna and Prabupada, but he also was into other types of spirituality, kinda speaks for itself and certainly shows he did not have nistha for Krishna Bhakti. I am not insulting him at all, I loved him, he was a great influence on my life, but I am not going to accept some fantasy about him.

Why continue to believe in the myth Iskcon made up about him for their own selfish motives, they used him in so many ways and he got real fed up with it, that is way he even went so far as considering to give the Manor to SRF (FACT)

There are many non-Iskcon people such as myself who know that he was a devotee.

There are many non-Iskcon people such as myself who know that he was a devotee.

Of course he was devotee, no one is saying he was not, however there ARE various classifications of devotees, you know this of course right?

BTW, I'm not an Iskcon devotee myself, I left that scene many moons ago svamiji, long before many of you youngsters invented all this new stuff.

:P

♣♣♣

smarty pants;)

ps. if I am sitting in my computer/yoga room in twelve months from now talking to you all about 'prissy pietism' and devotee ratbags - please - could someone come over and ease my misery with a painless deathly dose of morphine.

Fortunately. A smile most of the time too - even if others can't see it behind this old worn out bean! It pays to have a tiny bit of lightness as a beginner in KC (eventually figured that out).

Fortunately. A smile most of the time too - even if others can't see it behind this old worn out bean! It pays to have a tiny bit of lightness as a beginner in KC.

Stay true to your lightness friend, it will help you, so many become hard in their so-called knowledge, it is just ego.

here is a photo of jagat-guru from my simple altar book shelf :P good pic hey! nice glow:).

cya...time for jaap walk to try and shake this lowsy cold.. (winter brrr)...:outta:

tn_prabhupafa_grin.jpg

Brainwashed by George

(from his last album)

Brainwashed in our childhood

Brainwashed by the school

Brainwashed by our teachers

and brainwashed by their rules

Brainwashed by our leaders

By our Kings and Queens

Brainwashed in the open and brainwashed

behind the scenes

God God God

A voice cried in the wilderness

God God God

it was on the longest night

God God God

An eternity of darkness

God God God

Someone turned out the spiritual light

Brainwashed by the Nikkei

Brainwashed by Dow Jones

Brainwashed by the FTSE

Nasdaq and secure loans

Brainwashed us from Brussels

Brainwashing us in Bonn

Brainwashing us in Washington

Westminster in London

God God God

You are the wisdom that we seek

God God God

The lover that we miss

God God God

Your nature is eternity

God God God

You are Existence, Knowledge, Bliss

The soul does not love, it is love itself

It does not exist, It is existence itself

It does not know, It is knowledge itself

"How to Know God" Page 130*

They brainwashed my great uncle

Brainwashed my cousin Bob

They even got my grandma when she was

working for the mob

Brainwash you while you're sleeping

While you're in a traffic jam

Brainwash you while you're weeping

While still a baby in your pram

Brainwashed by the Military

Brainwashed under duress

Brainwashed by the media

You're brainwashed by the press

Brainwashed by computer

Brainwashed by mobile phones

Brainwashed by the satellite

Brainwashed to the bone

God God God

Won't you lead us through this mess

God God God

From the places of concrete

God God God

Nothing's worse than ignorance

God God God

I just won't accept defeat

God God God

Must be something I forgot

God God God

Down on Bullshit Avenue

God God God

If we can only stop the rot

God God God

Wish that you'd brainwash us too

Namah Parvati Pataye Hare Hare Mahadev

Hare Hare Hare Hare Mahadeva

*taken from the book 'How to Know God - the yoga aphorism of Patanjali by Swami Prabhavananda'

Wow, gotta admit those are some great lyrics.