IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kulapavana

List of Srila Prabhupada's sannyasa disciples?

Rate this topic

How come Trivikrama Maharaja (Swami) gets no respect, how can we leave him out? He's the bald headed guy (to the left of Prabhupada) with his hair growing out showing his profile.

CT70-063.JPG

How come Trivikrama Maharaja (Swami) gets no respect, how can we leave him out?

That is a very valid point. Out of these 50+ sannyasis initiated by Prabhupada only a very small group (about 10%) has kept their sannyasa vows. Tripurari Maharaja is very much in that category.

When Madhudvisa came to Australia in 1972, he was already a sannyasy. I travelled with him on a travelling Temple program for six months in 72. He took sannyas in 70 or 71

There is only one Madhudvisa dasa intiated by Prabhupada

San Francisco

8/1968

There is another Madhudvisa that is oftened confused with the one Prabhupada initiated

The list of Iskcon Sannyasis are like a list of Great-Uncles --even the ones who've strayed.

We should have baseball card-like cards with picture/zone/languages spoken/Stats/Home run averages/favorite bhajans, etc. [like the hasidam have of their rebbis]

I thought Yasodananda and Gurukripa took sannyasa around the same time. They used to travel together and also led a team of brahmacaris over to Japan sometime around '75 or so for a huge "collect-a-thon."

I found this link re the famous Gurukripa/Yasodananda Japan collection party: http://www.isvara.org/manonatha/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3457

Scroll about 1/4 down the page.

Thank you, prabhu! I changed my database accordingly.

I am looking for pre 1973 Vyasa-puja books. Even just xeroxed copies of the text. I also have an extra 1975 Vyasapuja book in very good condition to trade. These old Vyasapuja books provide a lot of information about the number and location of temples and individual devotees, as well as the total number of books printed. By 1977 there were over 60 million of Prabhupada's books printed in many, many languages. Amazing!

Thank you, prabhu! I changed my database accordingly.

I am looking for pre 1973 Vyasa-puja books.

You're very welcome. It's probably going to be hard to find Vyasa-puja books pre 1973. Don't think I've ever even seen one before. They're probably collector's items by now, the few that are still around. I take it they aren't in the "folio" (or Vedabase), whatever it's called these days? Kind of a shame if they aren't, as they do provide considerable information.

You're very welcome. It's probably going to be hard to find Vyasa-puja books pre 1973. Don't think I've ever even seen one before. They're probably collector's items by now, the few that are still around. I take it they aren't in the "folio" (or Vedabase), whatever it's called these days? Kind of a shame if they aren't, as they do provide considerable information.

I have to check with the Bhaktivedanta Archives. They have the best collection of documents and books (various editions). Actually it would be a good project to digitize all of that stuff so it is searchable. I will talk to them about it. They are just down the road from my house. The Vyasapuja books started to be made in 1970 if I'm not mistaken. Too bad BBT is so hard to get through as far as old records. After all they published all of these Vyasapuja books.

I have to check with the Bhaktivedanta Archives. They have the best collection of documents and books (various editions). Actually it would be a good project to digitize all of that stuff so it is searchable. I will talk to them about it. They are just down the road from my house. The Vyasapuja books started to be made in 1970 if I'm not mistaken. Too bad BBT is so hard to get through as far as old records. After all they published all of these Vyasapuja books.

But what you want to point out with all this?

But what you want to point out with all this?

that there is a lot of very interesting data in these Vyasapuja books, worth making it available to all devotees, and the way to do it is perhaps by getting the Archives or BBT to digitize all these books.