IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
akhil_kapoor

Correct pronunciation of Mantra

Rate this topic

Can someone please tell me if the following mantra is correctly written. I want to check whether I am pronouncing it correctly or not

Patnim Manoramam Dehi Manovritanusarineem, Tareneem Durgasansar Sagarasye Kulodbhavam.

It'll be great if someone can point be to the Sanskrit version of this mantra.

The confusion I have is that, at some places it is written Durgasansar while at some other places it is written Durgasamsar

Please guide me. Thank You.

Can someone please tell me if the following mantra is correctly written. I want to check whether I am pronouncing it correctly or not

Patnim Manoramam Dehi Manovritanusarineem, Tareneem Durgasansar Sagarasye Kulodbhavam.

The confusion I have is that, at some places it is written Durgasansar while at some other places it is written Durgasamsar

You can say samsar/sansar in either way. But if we want be be extremely faithful to the sanskrit then samsar is the better way to go.

Thanks a lot for replying. Also, on some sites I found this Mantra starting with Om. Can you please let me know if it should be

Om Patnim Manoramam Dehi Manovritanusarineem, Tareneem Durgasansar Sagarasye Kulodbhavam.

or should it be like the one I posted above.

I don't know if I'm understanding correctly or not, but it sounds like you can get a membership at that site and then pay them to do the mantra for you.

Thank You but I would prefer to do it on my own, so looking for correct pronunciation.

Thanks a lot for replying. Also, on some sites I found this Mantra starting with Om. Can you please let me know if it should be

Om Patnim Manoramam Dehi Manovritanusarineem, Tareneem Durgasansar Sagarasye Kulodbhavam.

Yes, say the Om first.

Durgasansara - There is an inherent a sound and 'n' is correct. Also why do you have an 'e' at the end it's Sagarasya. Hope this helps.

Please read Durga saptasati. It's there.

Om Namo Bhagbate Vasudevaya

Dear Akhilji,

You can get the pronunciation / उच्चार correct from the Anuradha Paudwal's audio casssette from T-Series "Chandi Paath", or also from M.S.Subhalakhsmi's recital cassette of the paath.

Further, you may chant this mantra only if you have a doubt on your spouse or vice-a-versa which may have made your relationship unhappy. As this Durga Maa mantra is specifically empowered in case of marital disturbance due to doubts in integrity or breach in integrity from either of the member. You have to be reciting the mantra extremly piously, after a bath and clean clothes (preferrably red clothes/pitamber) time of Japa/जप to be same and regular everday.

If you/affected person donot have any of the problem(s), better not to experiment with shakti/ शकित and better stick to advise from other learned members.

Hello

can someone tell me if this mantra is pronounced as I have interpreted in parathenses, or if there are changes to the way it should sound?

Om Purnam Adah Purnam Idam(om purnam uddah purnam I-dam)

Purnat Purnam Udachyate (purnat purnam udashyeat)

Purnasya Purnam Adaya (Purnas-ya purnam ad-aya)

Purnam Evavashishyate(Purnam ev-vashish-yeat)

Thanks!

K

For correct pronunciation of Veda mantras, you can buy the book Mantra Pushpam Published by the Ramakrishna Mission. You may be able to order it through one of their web sites.

This book has Swara marks which are important for Vedic recitation.

Do not go by the cassettes released by popular singers. That is definitely not the way to recite the Vedic mantras. You do get cassettes of recitation by the Vedic Pundits of Banares.

Shanti Mantras have to be said correctly to get the effect of the mantra.

Om as prefix to ur mantra is called as PALLAV. It accelerates the power and purpose for which u r chanting said mantra. When OM is at the end of the mantra it is called BEEJJ which will have a different effect. When it is prefixed and suffixed and mantra is kept in between, it is called as SAMPUT. When we have no alternative and chanting the mantra with SAMPUT, it means 101% our work will be done in our favor because we r binding the Bhagavati till she hear our prayer and problem and give us the fruits as per our desire. This mantra u referred above is to be chant for getting a wife of one's desire and like. Jagadamb is prayed for a nice wife who will take the ship of Sansar from the Bhavasagar to its other end with love and success.