IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
indulekhadasi

Bhajans

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna!

Jai Nitai!

A few days ago we had a recording session with some friends. Here are two bhajans that I sang. One is by Vrindavan das Thakura and the other is by Bhaktivinoda Thakura.

http://iskconof.web.aplus.net/media/Jaya_Jaya_Nityananda.mp3

http://iskconof.web.aplus.net/media/Atma_Nivedana.mp3

Hare Krishna.

Your servant eternally,

indulekhadasi

Lovely performances!! I love that "blue" note in the chorus of "Jaya Jaya Nityananda".

I heard a couple of glitches during playback. Hopefully that was my laptop hiccupping and not glitches in the audio files themselves.

Keep up the great seva!!!!

No, they are due to malfunctioning in the computer during the actual recording so unfortunately they are permanent.

Doyal Nitai!

Please bless me so one day I may become a devotee of Lord Nityananda.

In Jaya Jaya Nityananda my favorite part is the last part. Nityananda prabhu just by saying "Ha Ha Gauranga!" immediately falls to the earth. He drenches the earth with the water of his tears. Vrindavan das says, "To me it seems like Mount Sumeru has fallen on the earth!"

My favorite parts of the second bhajan is when Bhaktivinoda Thakura says "I am yours and you are mine"- that was so sweet!

No, they are due to malfunctioning in the computer during the actual recording so unfortunately they are permanent.

Oh, darn!! Well, there's something to be said for using dedicated audio-recording equipment.

I've been recording to computers for over 10 years now, and have seen my fair share of glitches.

Still, the devotion comes through loud and clear!!!

Can anyone help me find a song called "Emon ki kore?"

I do not know who it is composed by, but I think it is probably Bhaktivinoda Thakura.

Guruvani prabhuji? Murali Mohan prabhuji? Theist prabhuji? Mahak prabhuji? And everyone else? Can someone find this please......

PS- Not emon durmati but emon ki kore

Sorry, but I do not know that one. Best of luck in finding it!!

Can anyone help me find a song called "Emon ki kore?"

I do not know who it is composed by, but I think it is probably Bhaktivinoda Thakura.

Guruvani prabhuji? Murali Mohan prabhuji? Theist prabhuji? Mahak prabhuji? And everyone else? Can someone find this please......

PS- Not emon durmati but emon ki kore

Nobody? :crying2:

Oh well, it looks like I will have to listen to the CD track over and over again and write the lyrics down that way. It is such a beautiful song about how which caste your born into doesn't matter, only bhakti matters.

Some examples they give:

-Hanuman was born as a monkey but he celebrated as the greatest Ram bhakta

-Vibhisan was born as a Rakshasa but he is also celebrated as a great Ram bhakta

-Prahlad was born as a Daitya but Lord Nrsmhadeva came personally to him bound by his devotion

-Candal Guhak who was a dear friend of the Lord despite being a candal

-The Lord ate at the house Vidura who was born as the son of a maidservant

This song is so beautiful...I can't believe the lyrics cannot be found even if you do a search on a search engine. When I finally manage to get the lyrics I will write them down here so that a search engine will pick it up, and everyone will have access to them.

JAI NITAI!

indulekhadasi

WOW your parents sound amazing!!!

I just had a listen to the bhajan. I am totally blown away!!!:pray:

I just closed my eyes for a few minutes and I could almost visualize Lord Chaitanya dancing in the dust of Vrindavan/Navadwip.

One of my favourite Bhajans is "Jaya Radha Madava Jaya Kunja Bihari...

so simple in four lines we have all the pastimes of Lord Krsna.

Everytime I hear that Bhajan I remember seeing a picture of Sirla Prabhupada sitting in Vrindavan and looking out towards Mother Jamuna.

You can almost see the longing look in Sirla Prabhupada's eyes.

Wow!!

Please Keep on singing the good sound vibration keeps the atmosphere clean from Kaliyugas influnce and reminds us about our eternal relationship to Lord Krsna/Krishna/Mahaprabhu.

Hare Krsna/Krishna

Gaura Haribol!!!

Jay Sirla Prabhupada

BTW if anyone wants to sing along with Jaya Jaya Nityananda, here are the lyrics:

Jaya Jaya Nityananda Rohini Kumara

Patita uddhara lagi dubaha pasara

Gada gada madhura madhura adha bol

Jare dhekhe tare preme dhori dey kol

Daga maga lochana ghuraye nirantara

Sonara kamale jano phiraye bhramar

Doyar thakura nitai para dukha jane

Harinamera mala gati dilo jaga jane

Papi pasandi jata korila dolon

Dina hina jane koila prema bitaron

Haha re gauranga boli pare bhumi tale

Sarira bhijilo nitai nayanera jale

Vrindavana das mane ei bicharilo

Dharani upare kiba sumeru porilo

I will post the translations as soon as I can.

And for Atma Nibedana (this has translations):

(1)

ātma-nivedana, tuwā pade kori’,

hoinu parama sukhī

duḥkha dūre gelo, cintā nā rohilo,

caudike ānanda dekhi

(2)

aśoka-abhoya, amṛta-ādhāra,

tomāra caraṇa-dwaya

tāhāte ekhona, viśrāma labhiyā

chāḍinu bhavera bhoya

(3)

tomāra saḿsāre, koribo sevana,

nāhibo phalera bhāgī

tava sukha jāhe, koribo jatana,

ho’ye pade anurāgī

(4)

tomāra sevāya, duḥkha hoya jato,

se-o to’ parama sukha

sevā-sukha-duḥkha, parama sampada,

nāśaye avidyā-duḥkha

(5)

pūrva itihāsa, bhulinu sakala,

sevā-sukha pe’ye mane

āmi to’ tomāra, tumi to’ āmāra,

ki kāja apara dhane

(6)

bhakativinoda, ānande ḍubiyā,

tomāra sevāra tare

saba ceṣṭā kore, tava icchā-mato,

thākiyā tomāra ghare

TRANSLATION

1) I have become supremely joyful by surrendering myself at Your holy feet. Unhappiness has gone away, and there are no more anxieties. I see joy in all directions.

2) Your two lotus feet are reservoirs of immortal nectar where one may live free from sorrow and fear. I have found peace there now and have given up the fear of worldly existence.

3) I shall render service in Your household and not endeavor to enjoy the fruits of that service, but rather I shall strive for whatever pleases You, fully devoted to Your lotus feet.

4) Troubles encountered in Your service shall be the cause of great happiness, for in Your devotional service joy and sorrow are equally great riches. Both destroy the misery of ignorance.

5) I have completely forgotten all past history by feeling great joy in my mind. I am most certainly Yours, and You are indeed mine. What need is there of any other treasure?

6) Bhaktivinoda, diving into the ocean of bliss, devotes all his efforts for Your service and dwells in Your house according to Your wishes.