IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

The Second Coming of Prabhupada

Rate this topic

Quote:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0">

There is absolutely no shastric basic to support that guru's murti is alive just like Vishnu tattva Deities are alive. </td></tr></tbody></table>

I seriously doubt that you are so familiar with all the shastra that you can make such a claim.

The best you can do is say that there is nothing you know of in shastra about it.

To make a claim that there is NOTHING in all the shastra about it is of course an unqualified claim as you will have to admit that you don't know Sanskrit or Bengali or ALL the shastra of the Gaudiyas.

The whole idea od murti is that stone, paint, paper, etc is utilized to enable one to have intimate relationship with the supreme lord./

Without the relationship, there is only stone.

Idols in a temple of religionists who do not abandon religion in favor of surrendering to the Supreme Lord, are just that, idols.

A devotee can see if Krsna is present or absent. Non-devotees cannot.

Now, if devotees are mcaring for the murti, then Krsna is preswent, even to onlookers. But if there is no acknowledgement of the personality of Prabhupada, there is no murti. These dudes would never act the way they do in front of Srila Prabhupada, so the statue is not a murti.

I always thing of Radha Ramana, when I chant rama, but I also think of Sesa Balarama, the Sri Guru of Sri Guru and Sri Gauranga. Whenever I chant Jaya Jaya Sita Rama, I go off into ayodhya, outer space.

I must be a Ramavadi.

mahaksadasa

These dudes would never act the way they do in front of Srila Prabhupada, so the statue is not a murti.

Thank you!! This point cannot be emphasized enough!!!

The beauty of Sri Guru incarnate is that we can attempt to do some practical service to his lotus feet and know *definitively* whether our attempt at service is accepted, or if some correction is necessary.

To those who wish to accept the murti (or whatever word you wish to use) as Sri Guru, there is no such assurance, only the speculation of their own minds.