IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kulapavana

Jesus visited India twice in his life........

Rate this topic

Also .. if the magi "from the east" came to visit Jesus as infant, how long did they stay? Would they have been realized souls, devotees, having transcendental gifts? It would seem so.

....perhaps 15 years old to the east to seek out the "wise men", the magi.

Also a possibility ..

HerServant and yours.

Yes, in a Krsna conscious context, I've aways regarded the Magi or "Wise Men from the East" as advanced spiritualists or self-realized souls. Something else they didn't go too deeply into in Sunday school!

One of them is traditionally referred to as a "Hindoo". HS, do you have more background on their origins?

I've also read that the "Star in the East" was actually an astrological calculation that predicted and pinpointed the significance, time, and location of Jesus' birth.

Perhaps Jesus sought them out, as you suggest, or one or all of them returned to his homeland and brought him to India or other far eastern location.

Bogus!!!

Actually the depiction is quite different from the above statement. The scene is that as the cart of Jagannatha went by Jesus remarked that the...

It is the same principle that Sita was never touched by Ravanna.

Per the Bible, Jesus did preach against "vain repetiton" and showy public prayer, but in Krsna conscious context I take this to mean that he was admonishing his followers about avoiding the behavior of fanatical and unwashed local sects, not condemning the chanting of bonafide mantras and prayers.

The "vain repetition" passage makes great ammo for fundies when discussing the chanting of Hare Krsna mantra, or the Catholic rosary, for that matter. To them, Catholics and Vaisnavas are in much the same category.

I've never read the Aquarian Gospel, but remember it well from 60's-70's hippie store book racks.

Yes, in a Krsna conscious context, I've aways regarded the Magi or "Wise Men from the East" as advanced spiritualists or self-realized souls. Something else they didn't go too deeply into in Sunday school!

One of them is traditionally referred to as a "Hindoo". HS, do you have more background on their origins?

I've also read that the "Star in the East" was actually an astrological calculation that predicted and pinpointed the significance, time, and location of Jesus' birth.

Perhaps Jesus sought them out, as you suggest, or one or all of them returned to his homeland and brought him to India or other far eastern location.

Per the Bible, Jesus did preach against "vain repetiton" and showy public prayer, but in Krsna conscious context I take this to mean that he was admonishing his followers about avoiding the behavior of fanatical and unwashed local sects, not condemning the chanting of bonafide mantras and prayers.

The "vain repetition" passage makes great ammo for fundies when discussing the chanting of Hare Krsna mantra, or the Catholic rosary, for that matter. To them, Catholics and Vaisnavas are in much the same category.

I've never read the Aquarian Gospel, but remember it well from 60's-70's hippie store book racks.

Yes it all hinges on the word vain. Vain, to do something in vain. "God give me a new carGod give me a girlfriend", "God fix my back" these are vain prayers and so are prayers for pure devototion when offered in a mindless way. These are all done in vain. We can chant for millions of years and not taste love for Krsna. And people do it.People chant holding a desire to go to heaven, or to merge into the brahmajyoti. All chanting in vain even though they will get their desires fulfilled.

People also chant in sankirtana in vain. Just wanting to show off how they dance or play murdanga and not with the desire to distribute the Holy Name. Vain sankirtana. Public show and like Jesus said we when do that we have had our reward already.

So much hinges on our desire and intent, the consciousness in which we do things.

I was told, but have no referrence, that Gaura Kisore das Babaji refused to go to the Ratha Yatra saying it is all people just wanting to see others wives.

While I am thinking about sanatan have you ever read a little book called the Way of the Pilgram? Oh I love this book.

THE AQUARIAN GOSPEL OF JESUS THE CHRIST

By Levi H. Dowling

Section VI: Vau: Life and Works of Jesus in India

Chapter 21

Chapter 22

Chapter 23

Chapter 24

Chapter 25

Chapter 26

Chapter 27

Chapter 28

Chapter 29

Chapter 30

Chapter 31

Chapter 32

Chapter 33

Chapter 34

Chapter 35

Section VII: Zain: Life and Works of Jesus in Tibet and Western India

Chapter 36

Chapter 37

<CENTER>THE MAGI -c-1995-mahaksadasa</CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER>

Two thousand years ago, three mystic travelers practicing worship of the Supreme Lord, became enlightened by this service. Through the science of astrological calculations, this Object of their worship led them from Kurdistan, Afghanistan, and India, to Bayt Lahm. Gathering spices, exotic resins, and gold for sacrificial offering, they were led to the birthsite of a simple newborn in very humble surroundings. Although a royal heir to both Davidian and Solomonic branches of the dynasty of Israel, this child was born in bondage to Rome. Yet, because these three travelers were devoted to the Lord, they were led to His most confidential servant, Lord Jesus Christ. Celebrating his birth with sweet honour, they returned to their homes, not at all deviating from the religion which satisfied their desires for redemption. They knew of NO King James, Aquinas, nor of Christian Coalitions, yet they practiced yoga, became unified in purpose and service to the one Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Many of today's so-called christians are very uncomfortable with a description of the Maji and their religious practices. They are more uncomfortable with historical data concerning Lord Jesus Christ's appearance, his Essene religious practice of healing arts, his travels between the ages of twelve to thirty, etc. For some strange reason, they say God incarnated as His son and studied carpentry for more than half his years on earth.

These same people have elevated a demoniac King James of England to a position of spiritual authority, thus impersonalizing the greatest of philosophers. Lord Jesus Christ never says that he IS his Father, and when his disciples tried to exalt his position, he always defers to his Father. By nullifying the Father, one nullifies the son and the wonderful relationship existing between Father and Son, the relationship Lord Jesus Christ tries to share with the world.

The present christianity espoused by the bigoted, unloving, uncaring materialists is not only useless, it is most offensive to those desiring to follow the precepts of Lord Jesus Christ. Using the banner of the cross (the weapon used to kill him), they villify the followers of Muhammed, Sri Chaitanya, and others who are not against their so-called lord. They say that Jesus is the absolute, only salvation, whereas Lord Jesus Christ admonishes his disciples' criticisms of outsiders, saying, "Those not against are with us."

Fanatics want to convert by force and coersion. Lord Jesus Christ converts by free choice and love. Those who think christians are better and more loved by God than others who are more oriented to His purpose and devoted to the Lord are offenders to the Holy Names and are rejected. Lord Jesus speaks of loving enemies, what to speak of loving his children who lovingly call Him by other Names.

Lord Jesus Christ is the son of David via Joseph, and the son of Solomon via the maternity of Mary, the Axumite Hebrew. Scripture concerning his early travels exist in Bengal, Tibet, Yucatan, Iraq, etc., yet King James hid them from his professional writers contracted to translate. A concoction called "trinity" has been placed in the minds of modern christians, frustrated into calling Him a "mystery".

Although trinity is clear, that is, three distinct and separate aspects of divinity, (internal, external, and marginal potencies), singular in purpose, an impersonalist hodgepodge philosophy which keeps all people away from the Lord is in place. If the son IS the Father, then neither can exist. The truth is clear, only the concoctions by the king are "mysterious".

Lord Jesus Christ teaches to develop our love with his Father, and the Father, via Paramatma (holy spirit), teaches us internally to love His son as His Own. Simple. Render to the king what is his, taxes, honour, etc., but spiritual authority placed on unworthy persons is eternal suicide.

Is the Aquarian Gospel better than the Bible?

I think so. I still don't know about the complete accuracy of the AQ but the the parts where Jesus is teaching the Jews when compared to what is in the Bible gives more light I believe.

Haven't read the Aquarian Gospel but I like the Urantia Book depiction of Jesus in regards to his interactions with his apostles etc. The Urantia Book says Jesus didn't go to India but he was influenced by Indian philosophy through the Greeks and that he had some Indian companions that he traveled with that wanted him to go to India with them but he didn't go.