IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Absorbing Sins

Rate this topic

The conditioned souls (i.e. neophyte devotees) are FORBIDDEN to try to absorb the sins of others. And Srila Prabhupada says those who try to artificially act in that capacity will meet with odious results, as we are

seeing practically.

Are there any sastric reference to this?

"On the whole you may know that he (Bon Maharaja) is not a liberated person, and therefore he cannot initiate any person to Krishna Consciousness. It requires special benediction from higher authorities." (Srila Prabhupada Letter to Janardana, 26/4/68)

"On the whole you may know that he (Bon Maharaja) is not a liberated person, and therefore he cannot initiate any person to Krishna Consciousness. It requires special benediction from higher authorities." (Srila Prabhupada Letter to Janardana, 26/4/68)

But the western devotees with ten years in the movement were liberated siddhas and so they can be regular gurus.:eek4:?

But the western devotees with ten years in the movement were liberated siddhas and so they can be regular gurus.:eek4:?

SRILA PRABHUPADA: "Your so-called disciple, the jackal named Ananta Vasudeva, disobeyed your final instructions to keep the mission united (by forming a Governing Body), and thereby created a scandalous fiasco. The result of this philosophical deviation is evident to this day as imitative sahajiyas are being worshiped as gurus in your temples. ... Is there a single temple to be found where your instructions are still being followed?

As it is said: "punar musiko bhava"- Everyone has "again become a mouse." The lion's food has been stolen away by the deceptive tricks of the jackal.

Now caught in Maya's mighty clutches everyone is reduced to wailing and weeping."

When I was a Vajrayana Buddhist we practice a thing called Tong-Len. We meditated on someone we cared about and sucked all their negative sufferings then transformed it to positive and sent it back.

Is this not acceptable?

When I was a Vajrayana Buddhist we practice a thing called Tong-Len. We meditated on someone we cared about and sucked all their negative sufferings then transformed it to positive and sent it back.

Is this not acceptable?

Well wishing, forgiveness or giving one's blessings to others is surely a Vaishnava quality. Concerning to absorb the karmas of others - this seems only possible by great liberated pure devotees.

Sir William Duke

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/srila_bhaktivinoda_thakura.htm

In the year 1908 just three months before Thakura Bhaktivinoda took sannyasa, one of his sons, who at that time was working at the writer’s building in Calcutta, came home one day and informed his father that Sir William duke, who was the Chief Secretary to the governor, was in Calcutta. Thakura Bhaktivinoda had worked under this gentleman when he was a magistrate. The next day Bhaktivinoda made an appointment with him and went down to the writer’s building to see him. Just outside the building Sir William Duke met Thakura Bhaktivinoda personally and taking him into his office with folded hands, he made a plea to the Thakura: “My dear Kedaranatha, when you were District Magistrate I wanted to take you out of the office. I thought that if there were many men as qualified as yourself in Bengal, then the English would have to leave.” Sir William Duke used to read the judgments that Thakura Bhaktivinoda would make on his court cases and he always became amazed. He would also come to the house of Thakura Bhaktivinoda and study his actions. He saw that he was always writing. At that time he was writing the Caitanya-siksamrita. Bhaktivinoda Thakura’s wife, Bhagyavati, would feed Sir William Duke with puris, luchi and sweets every time he came to their house. William Duke was always so amazed at how Bhaktivinoda was so active.

In this way Sir William Duke admitted that he wanted to do some harm to Bhaktivinoda without letting the Thakura know, but now he was begging for the Thakura’s forgiveness. The English custom is that when a man becomes aged he would approach anyone who he had committed some offense to beg their pardon so that when he died he could pass away very peacefully. After Thakura Bhaktivinoda heard this apology he said, “I consider you to be a good friend and well-wisher all along.” The Thakura admitted later that he was astonished that this man was seeking the opportunity to harm him. Because of Sir William Duke’s noble and honest conduct Thakura Bhaktivinoda became very much pleased with him and gave William Duke all his blessings.