IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
indulekhadasi

Hari Hari Kabe More

Rate this topic

This song is so beautiful...even the most hard hearted person (me) will cry.

Narottam das Thakur is unparalleled. Narottam das Thakur ki Jaya!

(1)

hari hari! <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>kobe</st1:place></st1:City> mora hoibe sudina?

bhajibo se rādhā-kṛṣṇa hoiyā premādhīna

(2)

suyantra miśāiyā gābo sumadhura tāna

ānande koribo dońhāra rūpa guṇa gāna

(3)

'rādhikā govinda' boli kāńdibo uccaiḥ svare

bhijibe sakala ańga nayanera nīre

(4)

ei bāra karuṇā koro rūpa sanātana

raghunātha dāsa mora śrī jīva jīvana

(5)

ei bāra karuṇā koro lalitā viśākhā

sakhya bhāve mora prabhu subalādi sakhā

(6)

sabe mili koro doyā pūruk mora āśa

prārthanā koroye sadā narottama dāsa

TRANSLATION

1) When will I directly worship Sri Sri Radha and Krsna? When will I be overwhelmed with love for the Divine Couple? O Lord Hari, when will that auspicious day be mine?

2) When, accompanying myself on a musical instrument, will I happily sing sweet songs describing the beautiful forms and qualities of the Divine Couple.

3) When will I loudly call out "O Radhika, O Govinda," the tears from my eyes wetting my entire body.

4) O Srila Rupa Gosvami, O Srila Sanatana Gosvami, O Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, O Srila Jiva Gosvami, my life and soul, please be merciful to me this one time.

5) O Lalita, O Visakha, O Sridama, O Subala and other friends of Lord Krsna, please be merciful to me this one time.

6) All of You please be merciful to me and fulfill my desire. This is the constant prayer of Narottama dasa.

The very best of songwriters. I am affected always by one of Srila Prabhupadas most recorded Narottama das song, "Hare Haraya Namah".

Srila Bhaktivinodes "Kabe Habe bol a si din amore" is another that bursts this hard heart.

The very best of songwriters. I am affected always by one of Srila Prabhupadas most recorded Narottama das song, "Hare Haraya Namah".

Srila Bhaktivinodes "Kabe Habe bol a si din amore" is another that bursts this hard heart.

Oh yes, I love "Kabe Habe bolo sei dina amara". Also "Atma Nibedana tuwa pade kori", "Nibedana kori prabhu tomara charane", "Sri krishna chaitanya prabhu jibe doya kori", and " Amar Bolite Prabhu ara kichu nai." Bhaktivinode Thakura is also such a great composer.

Other songs that I love by Narottam das Thakur are: "Gauranga Bolite Habe", "Vrindavana Ramya Sthana", "Hari Hari Biphale Janame Gonainu", and "Gaura Panhu." My favorite is "Nitai Pada Kamala."

Lochan das Thakura's "Nitai guna moni" is wonderful.

My favorite song is by Vrindavan das Thakur- "Jaya Jaya Nityananda Rohini Kumar". I always cry when I hear it. It may be my sentimental emotions just acting up, because I am far from the stage of crying for Lord Nityananda, but this song takes a special place in my heart.

We shall be eternally indebted to these Vaishnava acharyas for their valuable songs.

such inspiration, thanks. Another one goes like this "Radhe jaya jaya madhava dayite". And the great "Syama Syama Syama"

Some of the arrangements themselves are quite profound. Speaking of "Hare Haraya Namah", Ill never forget the recording where Srila Prabhupada, full of transcendental emotion when praising the six goswamis, utters "Ananda Bolo hari bhaja Vrndavan, Hare Guru vaisnava pada majaiya mana." This particular song and verse never leaves my mind, for thirty some years now (closer to forty, you aging wonder). I call this verse and the way he sings it my personal lifeline, thin as a hair, but strong as titanium cables of massive thickness. Its my hand that has to grasp, he never lets go of His end. Thats the deal I must come to really appreciate.

Hare Krsna, again, thanks for all your endeavor to get us to remember the nectar for which we are anxious for. ys, mahaksadasa

(1)

`āmāra’ bolite prabhu! āre kichu nāi

tumi-i āmāra mātra pitā-bandhu-bhāi

(2)

bandhu, dārā, suta, sutā—tava dāsī dās

sei to’ sambandhe sabe āmāra prayās

(3)

dhana, jana, gṛha, dāra `tomāra’ boliyā

rakhā kori āmi mātro sevaka hoiyā

(4)

tomāra kāryera tore uparjibo dhan

tomāra saḿsāre-vyaya koribo vahan

(5)

bhālo-manda nāhi jāni sevā mātro kori

tomāra saḿsāre āmi viṣaya-praharī

(6)

tomāra icchāya mora indriya-cālanā

śravana, darśana, ghrāna, bhojana-vāsanā

(7)

nija-sukha lāgi’ kichu nāhi kori ār

bhakativinoda bole, tava sukha-sār

TRANSLATION

1) Nothing remains “mine”. Father, friend, brother — You are even these to me.

2) Those whom I called friends, wife, sons, and daughters are all Your servants and maidservants. Whatever care I take for them is only as it relates to You.

3) If I continue to maintain my wealth, family members, home, and wife, it is because they are Yours. I am a mere servant.

4) For Your service I will earn money and bear the expense of Your household.

5) I know neither good nor bad. I merely serve. I am but a watchman who guards the properties in Your household.

6) The exercising of my senses — hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, touching — is done according to Your desire.

7) I no longer do anything for my own pleasure. Bhakativinoda says, “Your happiness is the essence of everything”.

This is my favorite Bhaktivinode Thakura song. I wish I could put up the song with the prabhuji who was singing it from Mayapura so you all could hear it, but that may have to wait for now. This is from Saranagati under the section of Atma Nibedana.