IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Why did Srila Prabhupada promote the fairytale?

Rate this topic

This understanding is no fairytale, the real fairytale is the mundane dreams you are having in the material world, like the one you’re right having now. :D

Srila Prabhupada - "ww are dreaming life after life. As human being, as animal, as tree, as aquatics. Jalaja nava-laksani sthavara laksa-vimsati. This evolutionary process is going on". <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Bombay</st1:place></st1:City>, <st1:date Month="12" Day="27" Year="1972">December 27, 1972</st1:date>

Srila Prabhupada - "You are right when you say our past life is a dream only. Just like at night we see so many dreams and in daytime we forget everything. Similarly we forget everything of our past life and as such so long we do not be reposed to our spiritual factual life, all these changes of lives one after another are considered to be dreams" Letter to Nandakisora, <st1:date Month="12" Day="24" Year="1967">Sunday, December 24, 1967</st1:date>

Srila Prabhupada - "Just as a dreamer dreams his being fast asleep and dreaming of things (friends, relations, business, etc.), which are really inside him, and when he wakes up from this dream to the original one, imagines himself awake though he is still dreaming, even so the perceiver should realise this waking (state) as a mere dream created by Maya, the jiva’s own deluding power. 69-07-24. Letter: Rupanuga

Srila Prabhupada - "When the dream is finished, we come to another dream: "Oh, this is my house. This is my family. This is my bank balance." This is going on. Dream, One dream at night, one dream at daytime.. But who is dreaming? That is the living entity. So his business is different. Not dreaming, daytime dreaming and nighttime dreaming. He has to come to the actual platform. That is Krsna consciousness. If he takes to Krsna consciousness, that is his actual life. Otherwise, he's in the dreamland" <st1:City><st1:place>Bombay</st1:place></st1:City>, <st1:date Month="12" Day="27" Year="1972">December 27, 1972</st1:date>

This understanding is no fairytale, the real fairytale is the mundane dreams you are having in the material world, like the one you’re right having now. :D

<st1:date month="12" day="27" year="1972"></st1:date>

Obviously, you don't study shastra.

The material world is only a dream to dreamers like you.

For the pure devotee of Krishna the material world is not an illusion or material.

For the pure devotee, the whole material world is the kingdom of God.

It is a dream world to you because you are obviously in illusion and incoherent with the shastric siddhanta.

Krishna converts the material energy into spiritual energy for his pure devotee.

For devotees like Srila Prabhupada this material world is no different than Vrindavan.

For devotees like you, it is all just a fairytale land.

It is a dream world to you because you are obviously in illusion...

Yes Guruvani, now you got it. This world is a dream to the illusioned or it could be said, this world is an illusion to the dreamer. That has been the whole point all along, but hey, better late than never.

Yes Guruvani, now you got it. This world is a dream to the illusioned or it could be said, this world is an illusion to the dreamer. That has been the whole point all along, but hey, better late than never.

You don't get the point.

The material energy gets transformed into internal energy for the pure devotee.

That doesn't mean that we are in Goloka.

We aren't.

We are in the material world, but for special devotees Krishna can make the material energy work like spiritual energy.

That doesn't mean that we are in Goloka and dreaming.

It's quite amuzing to see you struggle to defend the myth, even though you claim that you aren't a r to the myth.

You are in the fairytale camp.

But, you just won't admit it.

Ok I see you are still confused. Oh well.

And, as usual, you are Mr. Answerman who has it all figured out.

I don't run on myths.

I study the books.

Vigraha has built a whole new Gaudiya siddhanta off of some letters that Srila Prabhupada wrote to some goofs who were writing him and whining about things they couldn't understand.

You don't get it.

The pure devotee is in Goloka consciousness.

So, wherever he is he is in Goloka consciousness.

You are guys are trying to say that Goloka becomes the material world for pure liberated devotees who rebel against Krishna.

You guys are very confused.

You are silly Guruvani. You don't even understand what you are railing on against. Anyway, good luck on slaying that big bad dragon before you.

You wouldn't even admit I was right even if you knew I was.

It's against your policy to ever let me be right.

Anyway, there are others on this forum that have the same understanding as I do about the issue in question.

So, even if you won't admit that I am right, it really doesn't matter to me.

You have made it your ambition to make sure you never agree with me on anything.

So, your mind is closed and the shopkeeper is out to lunch!:D

It's not personal Guruvani. I have numerous times been in agreement with some position or other that you have presented and have posted my support. But on this issue you have repeatedly denied myself and others the basic courtesy of taking the time to properly understand what our position is let alone agree with it. Disagree all you want that is no problem in the slightest, but stop setting up strawmen in others names and then railing against them. It makes conversation impossible.

You wouldn't even admit I was right even if you knew I was.

It's against your policy to ever let me be right.

Anyway, there are others on this forum that have the same understanding as I do about the issue in question.

So, even if you won't admit that I am right, it really doesn't matter to me.

You have made it your ambition to make sure you never agree with me on anything.

So, your mind is closed and the shopkeeper is out to lunch!:D

:D Theist out to lunch doesnt make sense - rather he would be out to distribute books:

http://www.stabroeknews.com/index.pl/article_general_news?id=56529951

Hindu religious books donated to National Library

Saturday, September 29th 2007

pix.gif <table border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="5">pix.gif</td> <td> The National Library said it recently benefited from a donation of religious books from AC Bhaktivedanta swami Srila Prabhupad.

According to a press release one set of the Srimad Bhagwatam, six Bhagavad-Gita and six beyond birth and death from Arjunanath Das, were handed over on behalf of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. The donation was facilitated by the Sri Sri Gaura Nitai Ashirvad Mandir, Hare Krishna Temple located at Nouville Flanders, Crane Old Road.

11j1aas.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>