IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Murali_Mohan_das

It's Semi-Oficial: Gurudev is Coming to California

Rate this topic

Still no announcement on the main Math site (http://www.scsmath.com), but Brajeshwar Prabhu has announced it on his site:

http://www.undereternityblue.com/

Sripad B.P. Janardan Maharaj asked me to mention that His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Sundar dev Goswami Maharaj will be visiting California soon! Srila Gurudeva will be here in California from Halloween till the last week of November. Please visit the California centers for more information. Gurudeva ki jaya!

Sri Caitanya Saraswat Seva Ashram

2900 North Rodeo Gulch Road

Soquel, CA 95073, U.S.A.

Phone: (831) 462-4712

Fax: (831) 462-9472

http://california.scsmath.org

The last time Gurudev visited, the stated objective was for rest and recuperation (though, as always, Gurudev is giving constant nourishment and encouragement to his dear associates), and there was not so much emphasis on public programs.

I don't know what opportunities there will be for darshan this time, but I implore all sincere seekers who wish a connection with Sri Guru take this opportunity to be in the presence of a cent-per-cent dedicated servitor of the Lord!!!!

Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaja ki jai!!!!

The last time Gurudev visited, the stated objective was for rest and recuperation

Well, that fresh pacific air of Santa Cruz is definitly an invigorating and refreshing climate.

Frankly, Santa Cruz never really got hot enough for me.

Even in the summer Santa Cruz is fresh and crisp compared to this humid Florida climate that I actually like.

Don't get me wrong though, Santa Cruz is like a chakra of the USA and I really appreciated that part of the country when I lived there back in the mid-80s.

But, I prefer the warm Caribbean currents here in Florida.

I just regret that there isn't a Matha affiliate temple here in the local area, because I don't foresee that I will ever move back to Santa Cruz or Soquel.

I liked Santa Cruz more back in the early 80's before the earthquake destroyed the old downtown area.

Now, Santa Cruz is probably all developed and I probably wouldn't even recognize it.

Is it really that bad?

Now, Santa Cruz is probably all developed and I probably wouldn't even recognize it.

Is it really that bad?

Well, besides spending summers here in Santa Cruz during high school and college, I've lived here for almost 10 years now.

Since I've been here, there has been quite a bit of change.

There's been a lot of growth and development, but due to the nature of local politics, the growth has been very controlled and measured.

Since I've been here we've gone through a tech boom, the crash, and now a resurging boom. I've seen the median home price rise steadily to $750,000 meaning my best hopes for home ownership are to buy a condo or a mobile home for $250,000 or so.

Borders Books announced a plan a few years ago to open a store in Downtown. Bookshop Santa Cruz responded by starting a campaign to "Keep Santa Cruz Weird".

On the bright side, there are a number of excellent Farmer's Markets, many pristine natural environments in which to go for Japa walks, and many good-hearted people with which to discuss life, the universe and everything.

Oh, and the surf is still great in the winter-time.

As for the weather, having spent a week recently back East, I'm happy to be back in Santa Cruz, where it never gets all that hot--I like the fog and the mist!!! I can say with pride that I've never turned on the air conditioning in my car (well, except maybe for driving through the San Juaquim Valley on the way to LA)!!

Of course, when Gurudeva is present here, everything become surcharged with Krishna Bhakti!!! In addition to his glorious self, Vaishnavas from around the globe flock here to feel the cooling rays of his merciful glance.

I can say with pride that I've never turned on the air conditioning in my car (well, except maybe for driving through the San Juaquim Valley on the way to LA)!!

Why wouldn't you take Highway 1 to L.A. and enjoy the coastal scenery?

You must have had some business over in the Valley on your way to L.A.

After I left the temple, I drove Cab in San Jose for a couple of years before moving over the hill to Santa Cruz.

Actually, I liked that job.

It was not that bad.

I trained up a couple of other devotees to drive Cab with the same company.

Why wouldn't you take Highway 1 to L.A. and enjoy the coastal scenery?

We took the 101 all the way down on Saturday since I didn't want to be in the Central Valley in the heat. It's not quite as picturesque as the 1, but then, it doesn't take 12 hours either!!

Sunday was Ratha Yatra in Venice Beach (Jai Jaganatha!!!). I don't have any vacation time left, so we had to drive back from L.A. at 7:30 PM that night. I didn't want to get in too late, so I took the 5. I made it back by 12:30 AM--5 hours!!

You must have had some business over in the Valley on your way to L.A.

No business. I *did* note the stench, though--when I was younger, there were only a couple of places where the smell of cow dung (and worse) was bad. This time, it seemed like the hole valley reeked like a manure pit!!

Sunday was Ratha Yatra in Venice Beach (Jai Jaganatha!!!).

Those Venice Beach Rathyatras are really great.

I was in a Hare Krishna rock band back in the mid-90s and we played at the Venice Beach Rathayatra one time.

It was a blast.

I don't know if the legacy of ROCK OM lingered long in California, but we had a decent following around Three Rivers and Badger back in the mid-90s.

I played guitar and sang most lead vocals and wrote the majority of songs for the band.

We played some HARD ROCK music that had all KC themes.

The famous ISKCON artist Ramadas Abhirama das was the other main pillar of the band.

We were outragious that is for sure.

I would have loved to have caught one of your shows. I liked seeing TK Prabhu and his band around that same time.

This year in L.A., there *was* a blues-based rock band playing some pretty catchy music on the second stage. Their music was great, but I never caught their name.

Later, there was some techno-inspired music with live kirtan over it on the second stage.

I missed one of my favorite Bhajan/Kirtan groups, As Kindred Spirits, but I heard they were very good.

Karnamrita was just about to go on on the main stage when we were leaving.

Those Venice Beach Rathyatras are really great.

I was in a Hare Krishna rock band back in the mid-90s and we played at the Venice Beach Rathayatra one time.

It was a blast.

I don't know if the legacy of ROCK OM lingered long in California, but we had a decent following around Three Rivers and Badger back in the mid-90s.

I played guitar and sang most lead vocals and wrote the majority of songs for the band.

We played some HARD ROCK music that had all KC themes.

The famous ISKCON artist Ramadas Abhirama das was the other main pillar of the band.

We were outragious that is for sure.

I would have loved to have caught one of your shows. I liked seeing TK Prabhu and his band around that same time.

Yep, TK jammed with our band in Badger at the Rathayatra there.

He was definitely in a higher calibre of guitar player than myself.

When he jammed with us he played lead guitar.

When he wasn't jamming with us I faked it as the lead guitar player.

But, playing lead guitar and singing lead vocals was a little too much for me.

I played a percussive style of rhythm guitar, but I could fake some lead licks when I had to.

the band members thought I was ok on lead, but I thought I was very lacking.

I played mrdanga with Danavir's band when he was in Badger.

I kinda have a knack for mridanga as well.

I also played trap set for a band I was in here in Florida with a couple of younger devotee guys.

I really enjoyed the musical thing but when my little wife left me for my drummer I sold all my instruments and devoted myself to raising my kids alone.

I haven't played any music since then.

I really miss it, but it's too late now.

Songwriting is like therapy for me (which might explain why so many of my songs are depressing)! It helps keep me sane.

We've got a room at home for the musical toys. There are a couple of amps in there and a really cheap trap set. I do some informal recording.

The thing about "calibres" of guitar players I've come to realize is: it's not about chops so much as it is about soul. It's one thing to blow people away with amazing technique, but how much more satisfying must it be to *move* people with music. David Gilmour isn't the fastest or most flashy guitar player, but he is one of my favorite because of what he has to *say* with the guitar. Eddie Van Halen doesn't do much for me at all.

Bringing things back to Gurudeva's visit: he has the most amazing singing voice (in addition to his sweet speaking voice). I hope his health is good so he can lead many bhajans/kirtans!!

Yep, TK jammed with our band in Badger at the Rathayatra there.

He was definitely in a higher calibre of guitar player than myself.

When he jammed with us he played lead guitar.

When he wasn't jamming with us I faked it as the lead guitar player.

But, playing lead guitar and singing lead vocals was a little too much for me.

I played a percussive style of rhythm guitar, but I could fake some lead licks when I had to.

the band members thought I was ok on lead, but I thought I was very lacking.

I played mrdanga with Danavir's band when he was in Badger.

I kinda have a knack for mridanga as well.

I also played trap set for a band I was in here in Florida with a couple of younger devotee guys.

I really enjoyed the musical thing but when my little wife left me for my drummer I sold all my instruments and devoted myself to raising my kids alone.

I haven't played any music since then.

I really miss it, but it's too late now.

Bringing things back to Gurudeva's visit: he has the most amazing singing voice (in addition to his sweet speaking voice). I hope his health is good so he can lead many bhajans/kirtans!!

There was one recording of Srila Sridhar Maharaja singing a bhajan and when he got the the part where he had to sing the name of "Radhe" his voiced cracked and you could tell he was holding back some deep emotions.

That showed me how deep his spiritual emotions were.

It wasn't just singing the song but is was a deep emotional prayer.

I heard that Srila Prabhupada went into trance in front of a temple room full of devotees once when he was singing one of his favorite bhajans "jaya Radha Madhava kunjabihari"....................

then he came back out and said "chant Hare Krishna"!!

It's officialy official:

23rd World Tour imminent of Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj. Accepting the invitations of the devotees, His Divine Grace is starting on an ambitious tour of seven countries in four months. Srila Govinda Maharaj has repeatedly pointed out that he is going on a "meeting the devotees tour" and "especially those who cannot come to India."

He is due to visit Thailand, Russia, Italy, Venezuela, Mexico, USA and UK. For further information, kindly enquire from the tour organisers in each country, listed on our World Tours web-page.

http://www.scsmath.com/

Since Gurudev says, "he is going on a 'meeting the devotees tour' and 'especially those who cannot come to India'", I'm assuming guests and new visitors will be more welcome than on the last tour when Gurudeva's stay in California was stated to be for the purpose of rest and recuperation.

Since Gurudev says, "he is going on a 'meeting the devotees tour' and 'especially those who cannot come to India'", I'm assuming guests and new visitors will be more welcome than on the last tour when Gurudeva's stay in California was stated to be for the purpose of rest and recuperation.

I am glad to hear that.

When I joined the movement in L.A. in 1975 Srila Prabhupada came to New Dwaraka a few months later.

Even though I joined ISKCON and was giving my life to the temple and to Srila Prabhupada and the movement I was not allowed to meet Srila Prabhupada.

There were "scholars" and so-called intellectuals that were brought in to meet Srila Prabhupada and get personal time with him, but none of the several new brahmacaries that were in the temple at that time were brought in to meet Srila Prabhupada.

I personally think the policy of keeping new devotees from meeting Srila Prabhupada when they had a good chance and opportunity, but were kept away by the big guns, was a heinous atrocity.

That is why Tamal and so many of the senior ISKCON men were so despised because they built walls around Srila Prabhupada and wanted to keep themselves in the center and as many others as they could on the outside.

I honestly hate them for that and I will NEVER forgive those that kept me away from Srila Prabhupada when I had a good opportunity to meet him and get a word of instruction from him.

I cannot forgive them.

Young men coming to give their lives to Srila Prabhupada were kept out while mundane scholars and religionists were given personal darshan.

At least I got to hear some lectures and get some prasadam from his hand.

I also got some Maha Maha from his plate because I worked in the kitchen when his plate was brought down for washing.

Still, I despise the way the ISKCON heirarchy operated and I will hate them forever for their selfish ways.

This is an e-mail invitation that was sent out to the Seva Ashram mailing list (I got permission to post it here--I'll try to preserve as much of the formatting as possible, but it looks like I'll have to post in several parts):

<table style="border: 2px solid black;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="620"><tbody><tr><td style="border-right: 1px solid white; border-bottom: 1px solid white; font-size: 70%; font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color: rgb(61, 36, 31);" width="75%"> maroon%20boarder%20flt.jpgmaroon%20boarder%20flt.jpg</td> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" bgcolor="#76453c" valign="bottom" width="25%"> <table bgcolor="#76453c" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid white; font-weight: bold; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color: rgb(118, 69, 60);" align="right" valign="bottom">August 14, 2007</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="padding: 17px 0px 0px 15px; font-size: 300%; vertical-align: text-bottom; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 65%; font-family: Times New Roman; background-color: rgb(92, 54, 47); font-variant: small-caps;">

All Glories to Sri Sri Guru & Gauranga

His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda-Dev Goswami Maharaj Begins His

23rd World Tour

</td> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" align="right" bgcolor="#5c362f">04lotus_50x34.gif</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td style="padding-right: 10px; padding-left: 10px; font-size: 70%; font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" width="70%">

The Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Seva Ashram

Santa Cruz - San Jose

<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="5" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%">

Dear Murali Mohan Prabhu,

Srila Gurudev Arrives in Thailand!

Govinda%20M%20and%20Group%20of%20devotees.jpgGovinda%20M%20%20in%20Thailand.jpg

Group%20In%20Thailand.jpgParmananda.jpg

Yudha%20in%20Thailand.jpg

Above Pictures by Jamuna Priya Devi Dasi

More pictures can be seen at: http://verandaviews.com

<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="5" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%">

23rd World Tour Begins!

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%">Over the last sixteen years, His Divine Grace has traveled around the world over twenty times, visiting with his friends, disciples, and others interested in the teachings of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. With his affectionate mood and deep spiritual insight, he has inspired thousands of spiritual seekers all over the world.</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" valign="top" width="100%"> Accepting the invitations of his friends, His Divine Grace has started on an ambitious tour of seven countries in four months to meet with the devotees, especially those who cannot come to India.

Thanks to Jamuna Priya Devi Dasi, above are some recent pictures of Srila Govinda Maharaj in Thailand, meeting with devotees from Thailand, China, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, and several other countries.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="5" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%">All Glories to Sri Guru Gauranga </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%"> <table cellpadding="5" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"> Mahananda%20pic.jpg

</td> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" width="100%"> Please accept my humble obeisances.

There will probably be many visitors, local and from abroad during the tour. However, Srila Govinda Maharaj stresses his health is particularly delicate and that he is going for meeting with the devotees, not for giving lectures, etc.

</td></tr></tbody></table>Mahananda Prabhu </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" valign="top" width="100%"> Srila Gurudev has repeatedly pointed out in the last few days that he is going on a "meeting with the devotees tour"- especially those who cannot come to India-and not a preaching to the devotees tour.

Everyone will need to take extra special care with arrangements so as to maintain Srila Govinda Maharaj's health, peacefulness and well-being, while as far as possible giving everyone the opportunity for spiritual nourishment from our Divine Guide.

Some hours must be set aside for Srila Gurudev's personal and resting time. His Divine Grace many times says that rest is the best medicine for him- and we've seen its benefits.

We must keep in the front of our minds the words of his senior doctor, who said after his stroke: "Krishna has been merciful to Gurudev that He has given this warning so steps can be taken to reduce the chances of recurrence."

Humbly, at your service,

-Mahananda das B.R.

Visit The World Tour Updates

http://scsmath.com/worldtour<wbr>/index.html

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" align="right" valign="bottom" width="100%">Back to Top </td> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" rowspan="2" align="right" valign="bottom">Rhythmic_Plums_Newsletter_i03.gif</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" align="right" background=" Rhythmic_Plums_Newsletter_i07.gif" valign="bottom">Rhythmic_Plums_Newsletter_i04.gif</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%">

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%">

Invitation to the Santa Cruz Seva Ashram on the Occasion of Srila Govinda Maharaj's Visit

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%"> <table cellpadding="5" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" valign="top" width="100%"> munayah sadhu prsto ham

bhavadbhir loka-mangalam

yat krtah krsna-samprasno

yenatma suprasidati

Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.5

"O sages. I have been justly questioned by you. Your questions are worthy because they relate to Lord Krishna and so are of relevance to the world's welfare. Only questions of this sort are capable of completely satisfying the self."

</td> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">

Janardan1.jpg

Sripad B.P. Janardan Maharaj

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" valign="top" width="100%"> In his purport to this verse, Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad comments: "The whole world is full of questions and answers. The birds, beasts, and men are all busy in the matter of perpetual questions and answers. In the morning the birds in the nest become busy with questions and answers, and in the evening also the same birds come back and again become busy with questions and answers. The human being, unless he is fast asleep at night, is busy with questions and answers...Although they go on making such questions and answers for their whole lives, they are not at all satisfied. Satisfaction of the soul can only be obtained by questions and answers on the subject of Krishna."

We are so fortunate that we can ask pertinent questions to the proper person. And foremost among persons who may answer the questions of our very soul is Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda-Dev Goswami Maharaj.

For a long time persons have asked me, "When will Srila Govinda Maharaj again visit our Seva Ashram in Santa Cruz, California?" Fortunately, at this time I have an answer to this question. Srila Govinda Maharaj has said that he is embarking upon an extensive tour to visit the many devotees throughout the world who are not able to come and visit him in India.

Join With Us

Srila Govinda Maharaj will be visiting the Seva Ashram in Santa Cruz, California and his visit is tentatively scheduled for the first three weeks of November. We would like to cordially invite all the devotees to join with us, and to make their lives successful in the presence of Srila Govinda Maharaj.

We would like to ask that devotees who plan to visit, please let us know the details of your arrival and stay.

We would humbly request that visitors kindly contribute to both Srila Govinda Maharaj and to the Seva Ashram. Naturally, in order to be able to provide for Srila Govinda Maharaj and our visitors, we will need help and contributions from those who are able to help with the many expenditures.

We would also like to express our deep thanks and appreciation to those devotees who have helped with the expense of the airplane tickets of Srila Govinda Maharaj and the illustrious visitors who comprise his entourage. You have all been so kind and generous, and now let us all unite and prepare for the arrival of our most beloved Spiritual Guardian

Contact Info:

(831) 462-0133

bpjanardan@gmail.com

<table style="width: 448px;" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="5" width="448"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%">Srila Gurudev is Coming! </td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%"> <table cellpadding="5" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">

hasyapriya%20pic.jpg

Hasyapriya Prabhu

</td> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" width="100%">We feel extremely fortunate to again have the opportunity to host His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda-Dev Goswami Maharaj's upcoming visit to our Ashrams in Santa Cruz and San Jose California. We expect many devotees will come for His holy darshan and we are trying to make preparations to accommodate everyone who wishes to come. </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" valign="top" width="100%"> As many of you know, in the past we have only been able to offer very simple (and sometimes austere) accommodations for those devotees and guests who have visited here at the Santa Cruz Seva Ashram. We are very sorry that this continues to be the situation. Our prayer is that, in the future, we will be able to build guest accommodations to serve the needs of all those who wish to visit. Until that time, we pray for your continued patience and tolerance.

We will have some facilities for guests to stay here at the Ashram. Since space at the Ashram is limited, if you are planning on traveling here from out of town, we ask that as much as possible, contact some of the householder devotees in our community to arrange to stay with them. But please do not allow this to prevent you from coming. We are happy to provide whatever we have for your needs.

Preparations

Over the next three months, we will be doing gardening, cleanup, painting, repairs and other projects to prepare for the visit of Srila Gurudev and his associates. Please help us! If you have some time to help, please contact us to coordinate your assistance with these projects. In addition, donations are always welcome to help with these projects.

We will try to send out regular updates on the progress of Srila Govinda Maharaj's Tour. As we get more information, we will make it available.

Contact Info:

(831) 462-9471

Hasyapriya@SevaAshram.org

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2"> <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" align="right" valign="bottom" width="100%">

</td> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" rowspan="2" align="right" valign="bottom">Rhythmic_Plums_Newsletter_i03.gif</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" align="right" background=" Rhythmic_Plums_Newsletter_i07.gif" valign="bottom">Rhythmic_Plums_Newsletter_i04.gif</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%">

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%">

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" width="100%"> <table cellpadding="5" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" valign="top" width="100%"> Dear Devotees and Friends of the Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Seva Ashram

Since it is our very grand fortune that Srila Govinda Maharaj will grace us with his visit in November, please begin planning to come for as long as possible. It is with great excitement that we encourage all sincere seekers to come gain connection.

</td> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">

kumkum%20pic.jpg

Srimati Kumkum Devi

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" colspan="2" valign="top" width="100%"> For those single women who are interested, we would like to invite you to stay here at the San Jose Ashram. This is located about 30 miles from His Divine Grace's quarters in Soquel and takes about 40 minutes to travel by car. If you have a car, you can help in organizing shuttles.

All of your lodging donations, whether made to San Jose or Soquel, will contribute directly to the tour fund managed by Soquel Ashram. Our natural connection is through service, whether that is in the form of donations of your funds or your time and energy in the service to the devotees.

To have even a moment's association with a purely transcendental person from the land of perfect mercy is hard to believe; his traveling all the way to our own shore is incredible indeed. This will be a life-defining event! Please do not miss this experience of the heart.

Contact Info:

(408) 655-3004

Kumkumdd@gmail.com

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" rowspan="1" align="right" valign="bottom">

</td></tr> </tbody></table> <table cellpadding="5" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">

sushilamodel.jpg

Sushila Devi

</td> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" width="100%">Mailing List

If you know anyone else who would like to receive updates on the progress of Srila Govinda Maharaj's Tour, please send me their email information.

Sushila@SevaAshram.org

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" align="right" valign="bottom" width="100%">

</td> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" rowspan="2" align="right" valign="bottom">

</td></tr> <tr> <td style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(118, 69, 60); font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;" align="right" background=" Rhythmic_Plums_Newsletter_i07.gif" valign="bottom">Rhythmic_Plums_Newsletter_i04.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>

Additional Tour Information

Milan, Italy:

If you are planning on traveling to Villa Govinda for the world tour please use the Milan Linate airport (30 km from Villa Govinda), not Milano Malpensa airport (80 km from Villa Govinda). If you are traveling from London or Europe use Milano Bergamo.

villagovinda_ashram@virgilio.it

Veracruz, Mexico:

The devotees at the ashram are waiting for high travel season to finish before they get hotel rates. They estimate it will be economical and sufficient so everyone can visit.

scsmathver@.mx

Madhuchanda@ver.megared.net.mx

Santa Cruz, California:

2900 North Rodeo Gulch Rd.

Soquel, CA 95073

Phone: (831) 462-9471

Fax: (831) 462-9472

BPJanardan@gmail.com

Hasyapriya@SevaAshram.org

San Jose, California:

269 East Saint James St.

San Jose, CA 95112

Phone: (408) 288-6360

KumkumDD@gmail.com

Gurudeva is scheduled to arrive in San Jose *tommorrow* on Halloween!! What a splendid treat!!

From what I heard, his flight arrives around 2 PM at San Jose International Airport, and he should be arriving at the Soquel Seva Ashram by 3:00 PM.

There are lots of video clips and picture galleries from the South/Central American leg of the tour at the Parama Karuna website.

http://www.paramakaruna.org.ve/pag-noticias.htm

Gurudeva is scheduled to arrive in San Jose *tommorrow*

That is where it all started as far as the international mission of Srila Sridhar Maharaja.

I was the head pujari and head cook at the original San Jose temple from the very early days.

Before I arrived there was no regular program, no regular deity worship and no regular cook to serve the devotees and the deities.

We started by worshipping Sri Govardhana sila.

I was the first official pujari in a western temple of Srila Sridhar Maharaja.

All the devotees were very pleased by my cooking and my deity service.

I can say that I really loved those days.

It was awesome, beautiful and ecstatic.

I would love to do it all over again and try to do it better next time.

I still have the utmost respect and love for Sripad Bhakti Sudhir Maharaja who was my mentor and good friend.

He was one of the most influential devotees on me in my days as a practicing devotee.

His humor and genius never ceased to impress me.

I can't help but take a jab at the nice young fellow who used to like to correct my spelling.

In the title of this topic "oficial" should actually be spelled "official".;)

But, don't start dogging me about my spelling again.

I am not or never have been an academic or a scholar of anything!:D

Wow!! I actually missed one of my own spelling errors.

Nice catch.

Today is the day!!!! I can't wait to leave early and head up to the ashram!

If I were more dedicated, I'd meet Gurudev at the airport and then race back to beat his party to the Ashram to greet him again.

Then again, the audio speaker isn't working in the kitchen, so I'd best get to the Ashram a little early and have a look at it.

I'm expecting a web-cam to arrive in a few days from Hong Kong. It's primarily for Gurudev to be able to watch the programs in the Temple Room when he's not coming down from his quarters.

I *will* see if I can distribute that video (live or archived) to a wider audience, though.

Jai Gurudev!! Srila Gurudeva's 23rd World Tour ki jai!!

I can't help but take a jab at the nice young fellow who used to like to correct my spelling.

In the title of this topic "oficial" should actually be spelled "official".;)

But, don't start dogging me about my spelling again.

I am not or never have been an academic or a scholar of anything!:D

8:04 PM last night. The biggest one since the Loma Prieta quake in '89.

We are about 20 miles from the epicenter, so it didn't feel too strong--moderate.

For my "significant other", being from New York, it was her first earthquake experience. She was very alarmed.

The rest of us were chuckling and enjoying the ride.

I pray Gurudev *does* shake up my complacency!

Wasn't there an Earthquake in San Jose in the last 24 hours?

Is Silicon Valley shaking in it's boots at the arrival of the sadhu?:D