IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Murali_Mohan_das

It's Semi-Oficial: Gurudev is Coming to California

Rate this topic

Prabhu, no doubt, your service and dedication during those years in San Jose have helped to spread the Mercy of Mahaprabhu to countless thousands of eager souls. You certainly have *my* eternal grattitude.

Well, I didn't bring my camera (though there were many cameras present), but Gurudeva's arrival in Soquel was ecstatic. Almost as sweet as seeing the affection on Gurudeva's face was seeing the ecstasy his presence awakened in all of the assembled Vaishnavas.

Now, I pray that I can avail myself of this wondrous and rare opportunity to have the association of a pure Vaishnava and his exalted associates..

That is where it all started as far as the international mission of Srila Sridhar Maharaja.

I was the head pujari and head cook at the original San Jose temple from the very early days.

Before I arrived there was no regular program, no regular deity worship and no regular cook to serve the devotees and the deities.

We started by worshipping Sri Govardhana sila.

I was the first official pujari in a western temple of Srila Sridhar Maharaja.

All the devotees were very pleased by my cooking and my deity service.

I can say that I really loved those days.

It was awesome, beautiful and ecstatic.

I would love to do it all over again and try to do it better next time.

I still have the utmost respect and love for Sripad Bhakti Sudhir Maharaja who was my mentor and good friend.

He was one of the most influential devotees on me in my days as a practicing devotee.

His humor and genius never ceased to impress me.