IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guruvani

Seeds of Spiritual Sparks

Rate this topic

Śrīmad Bhāgavatam 1.1.1 purport.

This is the beginning of Srimad Bhagavatam.

This is from the first verse purport.

It explains how God impregnates matter with "seeds" of "spiritual sparks".

Please note that these spiritual sparks are classified as "seeds".

We know that all plants start as seeds.

Here, God appears to be like a great farmer growing a crop of living beings for his own pleasure and entertainment.

It is said in the sruti-mantras that the all-perfect Lord threw a glance over matter and thus created all living beings. The living beings are parts and parcels of the Lord, and He impregnates the vast material creation with seeds of spiritual sparks, and thus the creative energies are set in motion to enact so many wonderful creations.

Nice!! This is along the lines of what I wanted to post to the "Intelligent Designer" discussion a while back.

While the Lord is planting the seeds and setting creation in motion, the universe is unfolding somewhat autonomously (by the Sweet Will of the Lord, of course).

Nice!! This is along the lines of what I wanted to post to the "Intelligent Designer" discussion a while back.

While the Lord is planting the seeds and setting creation in motion, the universe is unfolding somewhat autonomously (by the Sweet Will of the Lord, of course).

This is where I got my idea that the material world is like a greenhouse where God, the supreme farmer, grows a cash crop of future gopis, cowherd boys and assorted other devotees who expand and increase his eternal pleasures.

This concept can be a little risky though, because with this idea we could possibly start to blame God for our suffering.

The fall from Goloka theory disarms the suffering souls and puts all the blame on them so that they don't get offensive and blame their suffering on Krishna.

So, I understand the fall-from-grace conception, but I also understand that it is a preaching device to protect neophytes from removing the blame for their suffering from themselves and placing the blame on the Lord and thereby stiffling their spritiual advancement.

However, the Krishna consciousness movement can't live on pablum forever.

Sooner or later the movement has to grow up and get off the baby food diet.

Truth is that we suffer for Krishna's pleasure.

When we grow up we will be very pleased about that.

That is the meaning of autocrat, despot and liar.:D

Excerpt: Sri Vyasa Puja Address

by Sri Srimad B. R. Sridhara Deva Goswami Maharaja, Nov. 9, 1982

One who cannot tolerate another's position is a jealous person. This Bhagavatam is only meant for those that are free from jealousy so that they can understand that there is only one principal Who is all in all. He is autocrat and He is all in all. He is our master and He can make or mar. Only those who have no jealousy can come to such a level as to inquire about truth. Whereas the jealous cannot admit that there is God and that the whole creation is designed and destined by Him. There is the land of the Lord and if we can enter into that plane then we can be really happy by giving and not by exerting. To sacrifice for Him will bring for us both quantity and, especially, quality. If we can have entrance into that plane we shall be able to swim in the pool of nectar. It is very much appreciable.