IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Letting others know..

Rate this topic

Ahankara - the false-ego. You should know the Bhagavad-gita before you tell someone about Krsna.

Effectively, you let Krsna tell people about Krsna. Through you. If you do it on your own it will be from the mental platform, supporting your ego, and the result will be undesirable.

If people ask, keep it simple - Cause of all causes and all that is, type stuff. People can contend with quasi-religious schools that don't interfere with their unbridled worldly enjoyment. They are not ready for real religion. It is a very soft sell.

For me personally I think sometimes the concept of Bhakti Yoga is better to share because most can understand that with their current conception of God, I don't risk them offending Krsna directly, and in my own heart it is easier because I am thinking of service because I'm talking about service, so it is more likely to be service :) Sometimes telling those with no exposure about the little blue boy in Vrindavan playing a flute, with cows following Him around is a bit over the top.

Also, even if they don't want to hear too much more, they may walk away with a strengthened idea that they are servitors of the Lord, not beggars for material boons, and if they take that into the church of their choice it will still help them in their relationship with the Lord, which is my understanding of the goal from preaching, not necessarily to convert someone to our particular line.