IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

How the Hare Krsna movement is spread

Rate this topic

CC Madhya 7.95: Almost like a mad lion, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went on His tour filled with ecstatic love and performing sankirtana, chanting Krishna's names as follows.

CC Madhya 7.96: The Lord chanted:Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! heKrishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! heKrishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! raksha mamKrishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! pahi mamThat is, "O Lord Krishna, please protect Me and maintain Me." He also chanted:Rama! Raghava! Rama! Raghava! Rama! Raghava! raksha mamKrishna! Kesava! Krishna! Kesava! Krishna! Kesava! pahi mamThat is, "O Lord Rama, descendant of King Raghu, please protect Me. O Krishna, O Kesava, killer of the Kesi demon, please maintain Me."

CC Madhya 7.97: Chanting this verse, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, known as Gaurahari, went on His way. As soon as He saw someone, He would request him to chant "Hari! Hari!"

CC Madhya 7.98: Whoever heard Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu chant "Hari! Hari!" also chanted the holy name of Lord Hari and Krishna. In this way they all followed the Lord, very eager to see Him.

CC Madhya 7.99: After some time the Lord would embrace these people and bid them return home, having invested each of them with spiritual potency.

CC Madhya 7.100: Each of these empowered persons would return to his own village, always chanting the holy name of Krishna and sometimes laughing, crying and dancing.

CC Madhya 7.101: Such an empowered person would request everyone and anyone -- whomever he saw -- to chant the holy name of Krishna. In this way all the villagers would also become devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

CC Madhya 7.102: People from different villages who came to see such an empowered individual would become like him simply by seeing him and receiving the mercy of his glance.

CC Madhya 7.103: When each of these newly empowered individuals returned to his own village, he also converted the villagers into devotees. And when others came from different villages to see him, they were also converted.

CC Madhya 7.104: In this way, as empowered men went from one village to another, all the people of South India became devotees.

CC Madhya 7.105: Thus many hundreds of people became Vaishnavas when they passed the Lord on the way and were embraced by Him.

CC Madhya 7.106: In whatever village Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stayed to accept alms, many people came to see Him.

CC Madhya 7.107: By the mercy of the Supreme Lord, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, everyone became a first-class devotee. Later they became teachers or spiritual masters and liberated the entire world.

CC Madhya 7.108: In this way the Lord went to the extreme southern part of India, and He converted all the provinces to Vaishnavism.

CC Madhya 7.109: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not manifest His spiritual potencies at Navadvipa, but He did manifest them in South India and liberated all the people there.

CC Madhya 7.110: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's empowering of others can be understood by one who is actually a devotee of the Lord and who has received His mercy.

CC Madhya 7.111: If one does not believe in the uncommon transcendental pastimes of the Lord, he is vanquished both in this world and in the next.

CC Madhya 7.112: Whatever I have stated about the beginning of the Lord's tour should also be understood to hold for as long as the Lord toured South India.

What nobody running my life telling me how to think from a vyasasan?

Can it be that simple? Naaahhh. Where's the opportunity for all that chastising and self torture which is so good for the soul?

Can it be that simple? Naaahhh. Where's the opportunity for all that chastising and self torture which is so good for the soul?

Yes it is that simple. The keyword is empowerment from the Lord passing from one soul to the next.

Man, I really feel sorry for you guys but we were young, stupid and naiive so we let the GBC and bogus Zonal gurus get away with it. And of course, what goes on today isn't a whole hell of alot better in ISKCON. But you have to remember that some of us had the experience of Srila Prabhupada on the Vyasasan. Maybe you should avoid ISKCON temples altogether if going there just messes with your mind.

CC Madhya 7.95: Almost like a mad lion, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went on His tour filled with ecstatic love and performing sankirtana, chanting Krishna's names as follows.

CC Madhya 7.96: The Lord chanted:Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! heKrishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! heKrishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! raksha mamKrishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! pahi mamThat is, "O Lord Krishna, please protect Me and maintain Me." He also chanted:Rama! Raghava! Rama! Raghava! Rama! Raghava! raksha mamKrishna! Kesava! Krishna! Kesava! Krishna! Kesava! pahi mamThat is, "O Lord Rama, descendant of King Raghu, please protect Me. O Krishna, O Kesava, killer of the Kesi demon, please maintain Me."

CC Madhya 7.97: Chanting this verse, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, known as Gaurahari, went on His way. As soon as He saw someone, He would request him to chant "Hari! Hari!"

CC Madhya 7.98: Whoever heard Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu chant "Hari! Hari!" also chanted the holy name of Lord Hari and Krishna. In this way they all followed the Lord, very eager to see Him.

CC Madhya 7.99: After some time the Lord would embrace these people and bid them return home, having invested each of them with spiritual potency.

CC Madhya 7.100: Each of these empowered persons would return to his own village, always chanting the holy name of Krishna and sometimes laughing, crying and dancing.

CC Madhya 7.101: Such an empowered person would request everyone and anyone -- whomever he saw -- to chant the holy name of Krishna. In this way all the villagers would also become devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

CC Madhya 7.102: People from different villages who came to see such an empowered individual would become like him simply by seeing him and receiving the mercy of his glance.

CC Madhya 7.103: When each of these newly empowered individuals returned to his own village, he also converted the villagers into devotees. And when others came from different villages to see him, they were also converted.

CC Madhya 7.104: In this way, as empowered men went from one village to another, all the people of South India became devotees.

CC Madhya 7.105: Thus many hundreds of people became Vaishnavas when they passed the Lord on the way and were embraced by Him.

CC Madhya 7.106: In whatever village Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stayed to accept alms, many people came to see Him.

CC Madhya 7.107: By the mercy of the Supreme Lord, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, everyone became a first-class devotee. Later they became teachers or spiritual masters and liberated the entire world.

CC Madhya 7.108: In this way the Lord went to the extreme southern part of India, and He converted all the provinces to Vaishnavism.

CC Madhya 7.109: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not manifest His spiritual potencies at Navadvipa, but He did manifest them in South India and liberated all the people there.

CC Madhya 7.110: Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's empowering of others can be understood by one who is actually a devotee of the Lord and who has received His mercy.

CC Madhya 7.111: If one does not believe in the uncommon transcendental pastimes of the Lord, he is vanquished both in this world and in the next.

CC Madhya 7.112: Whatever I have stated about the beginning of the Lord's tour should also be understood to hold for as long as the Lord toured South India.

That puts things in perspective. Good post.

I had encouraged a co-worker to read Siddhartha. As we pulled it up from the net, I read aloud the first paragraph. When I reached Siddhartha's friend's name, it was my "Govinda" I said. My friend's face glowed and he smiled. And I knew that this is how the sankirtana movement is spread.

[

And that's the way the sankirtan movement spreads.

Ethnic cultured village people are so simple and clean hearted they take to the Truth whenever it manifests, ther're not cluttered so much with philosophy and knowledge.

It doesn't matter where.... the Philipines, Indonesia, Thailand, South- West- North- and East India. Even if a common bhakta chants in these places publicly a crowd will immediately gather with interest and much of the time they will join in. It's like when you do Kirtan around Navadwipdham the villagers will come out and spread yoghurt or flowers or spread water on the path, do full dandavats and then get up and dance, this is their life. and they have such respect for those that are glorifying the Holy Names.

They recognize the pulse of divinity because they are closer to it. I sincerely feel we are the losers when we are separated from such a life.

What to speak of Mahaprabhus's kirtan.

I can understand why Sripad Narasinga Maharaj and others have such success in the south with such a pious fertile field. With no disrespect to the preachers that take the Name there. Obviously it is Gauranga choosing them to spread the benediction rays, the right devotees in the right place.

I can't imagine being embraced by Lord Chaitanya! What a sublime feeling something like instant enlightenment.

Is this a prophecy of the present or future? Could it be that we have pure devotees in our midst unbeknown to us?

What happened to such a wave of conversion in the south, these days there is more converting to IT than to KC?

And yet Navadwip is a madhouse of Krsna Bhakti in some areas that is.

CC Madhya 7.110: Lord Sri Caitanya http://caitanyacaritamrta.com/m/mahaprabhu"]Mahaprabhu's empowering of others can be understood by one who is actually a devotee of the Lord and who has received His mercy.

Guess that's where the statement, 'It takes one to know one' comes from.

Grant me unshakable Sraddha and divine vision to live in such Gaura Consciousness my Sweet Lord.

GAURA PREMANANDI HARI HARI BOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I say ISKCON? There are many instances of the same outside of that organization.

Man, I really feel sorry for you guys but we were young, stupid and naiive so we let the GBC and bogus Zonal gurus get away with it. And of course, what goes on today isn't a whole hell of alot better in ISKCON. But you have to remember that some of us had the experience of Srila Prabhupada on the Vyasasan. Maybe you should avoid ISKCON temples altogether if going there just messes with your mind.

You can hide your head in the sand if you like, but the whole guru thing is not 'other' stuff. And it's not just specific to ISKCON. The Indian invasion into Western culture is a catalogue of guru scandals. The quotes brought to this thread are surprising in that they manage to side step that usually ubiquitous requirement.

This thread has potential to go somewhere other than SOUTH please don't bring the other stuff into it?

GAUra HARI

Guest guest

Theist starts a fantastic thread subject and guess what ... you come barging in here with your useless anti-guru or anti-ISKCON propaganda. Why don't you just start your own thread and pour all your grief there rather than spoil every thread with your ranting?

You can hide your head in the sand if you like, but the whole guru thing is not 'other' stuff. And it's not just specific to ISKCON. The Indian invasion into Western culture is a catalogue of guru scandals. The quotes brought to this thread are surprising in that they manage to side step that usually ubiquitous requirement.

It is hardly irrelevant or useless. The guru thing is actually a big deal. It's absence from this thread is noteworthy. Your undue emphasis on my having mentioned it once is useless.

Theist starts a fantastic thread subject and guess what ... you come barging in here with your useless anti-guru or anti-ISKCON propaganda. Why don't you just start your own thread and pour all your grief there rather than spoil every thread with your ranting?

Guest guest

Forums are organized into differnet threads to keep discussions to a specific subject. If it is a big deal, why don't you start a new thread about it and leave it off this thread?

It is hardly irrelevant or useless. The guru thing is actually a big deal. It's absence from this thread is noteworthy. Your undue emphasis on my having mentioned it once is useless.

It is a big deal in connection with the matter of gaudiya vaisnavism which this thread quotes. It is hardly off topic. If you're so disgruntled by the connection why don't you start a thread.

Forums are organized into differnet threads to keep discussions to a specific subject. If it is a big deal, why don't you start a new thread about it and leave it off this thread?

Guest guest

Start a new thread so you can come and post your guru stuff there as well? You just don't seem to get the point. Forget it.

It is a big deal in connection with the matter of gaudiya vaisnavism which this thread quotes. It is hardly off topic. If you're so disgruntled by the connection why don't you start a thread.

Is this a prophecy of the present or future? Could it be that we have pure devotees in our midst unbeknown to us?

Yes I had the same reaction. Perhaps it's both. This we see in the preaching efforts of Srila Prabhupada and so many that he inspired. Thing is to eventually go beyond the academic and religious side and become an empowered instrument of Lord Caitanya.

As you brought up, the more dense the mind has become, from those simple villagers to modern mis-thinking the harder it is to break through. Perhaps that is why Srila Prabhupada emphasised sticking to the basics. It's a fact that the western world is the core of density. So it may appear to slow down but it will break through if we keep chipping away. That will mean more and more empowered & enlightened devotees producing more of the same.

One thing to note is that there was no one running after all these empowered devotees trying to line up their names on an official list. How would it be possible with such an exponential explosion of Krsna consciousness to document it in that way. The Lord knows and that should be good enough for us tiny souls.

I had encouraged a co-worker to read Siddhartha. As we pulled it up from the net, I read aloud the first paragraph. When I reached Siddhartha's friend's name, it was my "Govinda" I said. My friend's face glowed and he smiled. And I knew that this is how the sankirtana movement is spread.

Govinda's name is all-attractive.

The thing is cbrahma it is a question of net etiquette. If you would look a little closer at the cure instead of the disease you would find it helpful. Constant complaining is the negative side, taking the cure is the positive side. A common thing. Once the diagnosis is in then it is time to apply the proper cure.

We want this thread to be about the cure.

What difference does it make who starts the thread then? You'll come and post your self-righteous admonitions as well.

Your point must be that there should be a moratorium on the topic althogether.

Start a new thread so you can come and post your guru stuff there as well? You just don't seem to get the point. Forget it.

It's rude to point out important correlations? Hmmm. Beside I didnt' realize you were proposing a cure. Some people might consider the omission of guru 'rude'. Negative depends on your belief system.

The thing is cbrahma it is a question of net etiquette. If you would look a little closer at the cure instead of the disease you would find it helpful. Constant complaining is the negative side, taking the cure is the positive side. A common thing. Once the diagnosis is in then it is time to apply the proper cure.

We want this thread to be about the cure.

CC Madhya 7.121: In one village there was a Vedic brahmana named Kurma. He invited Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to his home with great respect and devotion.

CC Madhya 7.122: This brahmana brought Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to his home, washed His lotus feet and, with his family members, drank that water.

CC Madhya 7.123: With great affection and respect, that Kurma brahmana made Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu eat all kinds of food. After that, the remnants were shared by all the members of the family.

CC Madhya 7.124: The brahmana then began to pray, "O my Lord, Your lotus feet are meditated upon by Lord Brahma, and these very lotus feet have come into my home.

CC Madhya 7.125: "My dear Lord, there is no limit to my great fortune. It cannot be described. Today my family, birth and riches have all been glorified."

CC Madhya 7.126: The brahmana begged Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "My dear Lord, kindly show me favor and let me go with You. I can no longer tolerate the waves of misery caused by materialistic life."

CC Madhya 7.127: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Don't speak like that again. Better to remain at home and chant the holy name of Krishna always.

CC Madhya 7.128: "Instruct everyone to follow the orders of Lord Sri Krishna as they are given in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam. In this way become a spiritual master and try to liberate everyone in this land."

CC Madhya 7.129: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu further advised the brahmana Kurma, "If you follow this instruction, your materialistic life at home will not obstruct your spiritual advancement. Indeed, if you follow these regulative principles, we will again meet here, or, rather, you will never lose My company."

CC Madhya 7.130: At whosever house Sri Caitanya accepted His alms by taking prasadam, He would convert the dwellers to His sankirtana

movement and advise them just as He advised the brahmana

named Kurma.

----------

This is how Krsna consciousness is spread.

Guest guest

I had to strip out the links as I can't post URLs.

This is nectarian! Exactly the kind of stuff we should be discussing. Refreshing and never dull. Thank you for that and I hope you will keep them coming.

This is how Krsna consciousness is spread.