IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

How the Hare Krsna movement is spread

Rate this topic

CC 7.128 purport:

The real purpose of human life is to attain the spiritual platform and return to Godhead. That is the summum bonum of spiritual realization. The Krsna consciousness movement is trying to elevate human society to the perfection of life by pursuing the method described by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in His advice to the brahmana Kurma. That is, one should stay at home, chant the Hare Krsna mantra and preach the instructions of Krsna as they are given in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam.

CC Madhya 7, 109 purport:

In Navadvipa all the learned scholars are followers of the smrti-sastra, and Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not attempt to convert them. Therefore the author has remarked that the spiritual potency Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not manifest at Navadvipa was by His grace manifest in South India. Thus everyone there became a Vaisnava.

Guest guest

Also, many great devotees are travelling far & wide propagating the holy names. IN the ISKCON internal forums, there is a nectarian report about Indradyumna Manahraja's latest dieary entry. I would recommend that everyone please read it. I can't post URls, so I'll attempt to do with spaces. please remove spaces and paste in the addess filed.

audarya-fellowship . com/forums/iskcon-internal/435379-volume-7-chapter-19-a.html

This is how Krsna consciousness is spread.

Also, many great devotees are travelling far & wide propagating the holy names.

Yes and to the extent that they are empowered and others are receptive to that bhakti-shakti the transcendental Krsna Consciousness is spread.

Thanks for the URL to Indrayumna Swami's diary entries.

Just yesterday I met a wonderful devotee from Mathura in downtown Berkeley who is traveling around in a van selling books and teaching the maha-mantra. His name is Jiva and is a close disciple of Narayana Maharaja. He had set up a booktable and was making friends for Krsna.

We can really mine the gold in these verses if we stay focused.

TRANSLATION

Such an empowered person would request everyone and anyone -- whomever he saw -- to chant the holy name of Krishna. In this way all the villagers would also become devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

PURPORT

In order to become an empowered preacher, one must be favored by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu or His devotee, the spiritual master. One must also request everyone to chant the maha-mantra. In this way, such a person can convert others to Vaishnavism, showing them how to become pure devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

CC Madhya 7.128: "Instruct everyone to follow the orders of Lord Sri Krishna as they are given in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam. In this way become a spiritual master and try to liberate everyone in this land."

CC Madhya 7.129: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu further advised the brahmana Kurma, "If you follow this instruction, your materialistic life at home will not obstruct your spiritual advancement. Indeed, if you follow these regulative principles, we will again meet here, or, rather, you will never lose My company."

CC Madhya 7.130: At whosever house Sri Caitanya accepted His alms by taking prasadam, He would convert the dwellers to His sankirtana

movement and advise them just as He advised the brahmana

named Kurma.

----------

This is how Krsna consciousness is spread.

Regarding this famous quote from Mahaprabhu "By My order become guru."

We can obviously take the negative view and criticise everyone outside Srila Prabhupad, who is endeavouring to spread KC to the world at large or we can appreciate the many efforts that have extended to the environment in the last 500 years, and the last 40 of our life.

There are so many wonderful developments of Mahaprabhu's movement pouring forth a continual variagated rain of mercy to the waves of jivas taking birth thru the human form, from generation to generation. Just like the beauty of each single snowflake that falls, each and every soul that takes to this Nam sankirtan movement starts to develop a special unique place in the sweet heart of Sri Gauranga as He gives them the opportunity to become purified thru His transcendental Names and Siksastakam.

Just like dried fruit placed back in water they take their full bloomed form.

Srila Sridhara Maharaj and Krsna das Kaviraj explain that distribution like so:

To bring Sri Gauranga nearer to our soul is to get, even unconsciously, a guarantee of our achievement in krsna-lila. For the fallen souls it is more useful to cultivate devotion for Sri Gauranga. That will give us the complete fulfillment of life with the least trouble. Devotion to Gauranga will not lead us to any haphazard or misconceived Krsna consciousness, but real Krsna consciousness. We can have full Krsna consciousness by the help of Gaura consciousness. By developing devotion to Sri Gauranga, we will be able to feel that Sri Gauranga consciousness also includes Krsna consciousness—plus something more. What is that? The distribution of Krsna consciousness.

Krsnadasa Kaviraja Goswami, the giver of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta, the most valuable theological literature that has ever seen the light of day, has written:

krsna-lila amrta-sara, tara sata sata dhara,

dasa-dike vahe yaha haite

se caitanya-lila haya sarovara aksaya,

mano-hamsa caraha' tahate

"What is krsna-lila? It is the real essence of nectar. It is the gist of sweetness, happiness, and ecstasy. The sweetness of the sweetest thing that can ever be conceived is represented in krsna-lila. Then what is caitanya-lila? In caitanya-lila, that sweet nectar of krsna-lila is flowing in all ten directions in hundreds of streams as if from a fountain. That fountain is caitanya-lila." Although caitanya-lila appears later than krsna-lila, caitanya-lila is the source, the foundation. We see that Krsna appeared in Dvapara-yuga, in the previous age, and then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared later, in Kali-yuga. Still, Their lila is eternal. First there is the giver, then the gift. And the gift of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is that in all the ten directions, He is distributing unlimited streams of sweet krsna-lila to the world.

Krsnadasa Kaviraja Goswami concludes, "0 devotees, come! Like so many swans, you must swim in the lake of Caitanya Mahaprabhu's pastimes. From that lake krsna-lila is flowing to the world in different streams. Devotees, like clouds, take nectar from that lake, and distribute that nectar freely to the fortunate souls. Come and live in that lake. Ask the swan of your mind to take shelter in that lake. May that swan swim in the nectarine lake of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's life and precepts, from where so many hundreds of streams of nectar are flowing in all directions. O devotees, I offer this humble prayer to you."

And furthermore

The Gaudiya vaisnavas are trying to remove that fundamental difficulty of misconception and mixed conceptions at the root of all this world of disturbance, the general populous does not know what is their goal, that whom they are searching for is ffice:smarttags" />, the Supreme Lord of Love, or how to reach that goal. The only necessity is to connect the fallen souls, to show them that what they really need in their myriad searches for happiness is the actual reservoir of pleasure and He is Krishna, without Him nothing can satisfy fully, neither Allah, Jehovah, Buddha, Narayana or Lord Ramachandra can give the inner fulfillment that all are searching after.

<FONT face=Arial><FONT size=3>Only Akhila-rasamrta-murttih - that person who embodies all different types of rasa, all the inner demands of our heart, of every heart, it is common to all the jivas. Even though all the names of God have different attracting potencies and we have respect for all of them. Still <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:place>[font=Krishna</st1:place]<font face=" /><st1:place>Krishna</st1:place> is the all-attractive one who is complete in beauty, fame, knowledge, wealth, renunciation, that everyone needs. He is sweetness, beauty, charm, mercy, harmony, affection personified. And consciously or unconsciously your thirst is only for Him. He is not being thrust upon you, like a burden. All honest scientific and theistic searching will culminate in the conclusion that <st1:place>Krishna</st1:place> consciousness is the ultimate satisfying principle to remove all ignorance, doubt and desire for anything else.

CC Madhya 7.135: When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left, the brahmana Kurma followed Him a great distance, but eventually Lord Caitanya took care to send him back home.

CC Madhya 7.136: There was also a brahmana named Vasudeva, who was a great person but was suffering from leprosy. Indeed, his body was filled with living worms.

CC Madhya 7.137: Although suffering from leprosy, the brahmana Vasudeva was enlightened. As soon as one worm fell from his body, he would pick it up and place it back again in the same location.

CC Madhya 7.138: Then one night Vasudeva heard of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's arrival, and in the morning he came to see the Lord at the house of Kurma.

CC Madhya 7.139: When the leper Vasudeva came to Kurma's house to see Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he was informed that the Lord had already left. The leper then fell to the ground unconscious.

CC Madhya 7.140: When Vasudeva, the leper brahmana, was lamenting due to not being able to see Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord immediately returned to that spot and embraced him.

CC Madhya 7.141: When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu touched him, both the leprosy and his distress went to a distant place. Indeed, Vasudeva's body became very beautiful, to his great happiness.

CC Madhya 7.142: The brahmana Vasudeva was astonished to behold the wonderful mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and he began to recite a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam, touching the Lord's lotus feet.

CC Madhya 7.143: He said, "'Who am I? A sinful, poor friend of a brahmana. And who is Krishna? The Supreme Personality of Godhead, full in six opulences. Nonetheless, He has embraced me with His two arms.'"

CC Madhya 7.144-145: The brahmana Vasudeva continued, "O my merciful Lord, such mercy is not possible for ordinary living entities. Such mercy can be found only in You. Upon seeing me, even a sinful person goes away due to my bad bodily odor. Yet You have touched me. Such is the independent behavior of the Supreme Personality of Godhead."

CC Madhya 7.146: Being meek and humble, the brahmana Vasudeva worried that he would become proud after being cured by the grace of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

CC Madhya 7.147: To protect the brahmana, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu advised him to chant the Hare Krishna mantra incessantly. By doing so, he would never become unnecessarily proud.

CC Madhya 7.148: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also advised Vasudeva to preach about Krishna and thus liberate living entities. As a result, Krishna would very soon accept him as His devotee.

CC Madhya 7.149: After instructing the brahmana Vasudeva in that way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu disappeared from that place. Then the two brahmanas, Kurma and Vasudeva, embraced each other and began to cry, remembering the transcendental qualities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.

[url="http://caitanyacaritamrta.com/madhya/7/150/en1"]

CC Madhya 7.148 Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu also advised Vāsudeva to preach about Kṛṣṇa and thus liberate living entities. As a result, Kṛṣṇa would very soon accept him as His devotee.

BG 18.68: For one who explains this supreme secret to the devotees, pure devotional service is guaranteed, and at the end he will come back to Me.

BG 18.69: There is no servant in this world more dear to Me than he, nor will there ever be one more dear.

--

We can see the absence of formalized rituals here. Simply preach/explain Krsna conscious which will liberate others and one becomes most dear to Krsna and He will take us person home.

BG 18.68: For one who explains this supreme secret to the devotees, pure devotional service is guaranteed, and at the end he will come back to Me.

BG 18.69: There is no servant in this world more dear to Me than he, nor will there ever be one more dear.

--

We can see the absence of formalized rituals here. Simply preach/explain Krsna conscious which will liberate others and one becomes most dear to Krsna and He will take us person home.

I don't really want to harp on this formality thing but in the instance of Mahaprabhu's living presence, I think our lives may just be a wee bit different from those times, circumstances and personalities of that particular era.

If you were to meet God face to face, feed him with your own hands, give your hospitality, take prasadam with Him, wash his feet and drink that caranamritam and then listen to His fully illuminating instruction, I'd probably agree there would be no need for any formal process, it all comes quite natural to a fully developed personality, it's spontaneous, like if ever you've been invited to a Brijabasis home this is their natural serving ettiquette, call it the perfect arati.

I remember being with Srila Govinda Maharaj once in Krsna Vallabha's home (a Brijabhasi)at seva kunj with about fifty devotees. They provided a garland for every devotee and some gift of cloth chada and a second garland for every devotee to offer to Maharaj then provided unbelievable hospitality and a feast straight from the pages of the Mahabharat. It is just normal hospitality to them. It's their life that is why they are Brijabhasis. To us it may appear ritualistic but actually it is just a very high level of service, respect and affection for guests who are considered sadhus. The royal jelly of all Indian.... nay proper vaisnava culture, and this is the way we should try to give to others in our humble abode according to our means. This is Krsna conscious honor to the extreme.

And I might just add that it was from this Krsna Vallabha Prabhu that Srila Govinda Maharaj was given Krsna Das Kaviraj's Bhajan Kutir where he may well have written these very revelations we are hearing here.

But that wasn't even paramatma dharsan. This is full blown... first person... Swayam Bhagavan in your face, your Lord in the heart, on the outside talking back to you. Pause for a moment and consider what that means. The very source of your soul in all his most concentrated mercy. Sri Sri Radha and Govinda combined, the very ultimate destination of the jiva right in front of you and you have the opportunity to serve Him/them.

If any of us ever reach such a graceful dharsan then please by all means spread your blessings around to us all. This is not just hearing some vague voice from within. It is the infinite coming to the finite through this external environment. The nirguna wave turning inside out to the saguna shore.

So of course it will be a little different from the process that our latter day gurus have shown and exemplified. Even tho we are to consider them to be servant of the servant of the gopis.... simultaneousy one with yet different from the Lord, yet we are led to believe they are still as good as a connection with God Himself. This probably explains why some of us feel such revelation in their presence. Because they are thousands of times more developed in everthing we aspire for.

That's all very nice but I fail to see how it relates to transcendental knowledge and divine revealation not being dependent on formailities by on receiving the mercy of the Supreme Lord and as the above verses describe how it spreads form one empowered jiva to the to the fallen jiva and thus empowering him and so on.

In your post I detect a tone of trying to present a contray view but yet I don't see how your post does anything but confirm what has been previously posted.

Sorry for the dullness but could you straighten me out here?

CC Madhya 7.96: The Lord chanted:Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! heKrishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! heKrishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! raksha mamKrishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! Krishna! pahi mamThat is, "O Lord Krishna, please protect Me and maintain Me." He also chanted:Rama! Raghava! Rama! Raghava! Rama! Raghava! raksha mamKrishna! Kesava! Krishna! Kesava! Krishna! Kesava! pahi mamThat is, "O Lord Rama, descendant of King Raghu, please protect Me. O Krishna, O Kesava, killer of the Kesi demon, please maintain Me."

CC Madhya 7.97: Chanting this verse, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, known as Gaurahari, went on His way. As soon as He saw someone, He would request him to chant "Hari! Hari!"

CC Madhya 7.98: Whoever heard Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu chant "Hari! Hari!" also chanted the holy name of Lord Hari and Krishna. In this way they all followed the Lord, very eager to see Him.

CC Madhya 7.99: After some time the Lord would embrace these people and bid them return home, having invested each of them with spiritual potency.

CC Madhya 7.100: Each of these empowered persons would return to his own village, always chanting the holy name of Krishna and sometimes laughing, crying and dancing.

CC Madhya 7.101: Such an empowered person would request everyone and anyone -- whomever he saw -- to chant the holy name of Krishna. In this way all the villagers would also become devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

CC Madhya 7.102: People from different villages who came to see such an empowered individual would become like him simply by seeing him and receiving the mercy of his glance.

CC Madhya 7.103: When each of these newly empowered individuals returned to his own village, he also converted the villagers into devotees. And when others came from different villages to see him, they were also converted.

CC Madhya 7.104: In this way, as empowered men went from one village to another, all the people of South India became devotees.

From this I see the Lord's mercy in those whom He empowered and to those that they in turn empowered and on and on. Clearly it happened in an informal way as to rituals and such. I am not sure why this seems to bother so many devotees.

Now I am not against rituals and rites of passage of any tradition. What I am against is the idea that these rites and rituals are the substance themselves or is somehow a requirement to receive the substance. This substance is the mercy of the Lord. I believe this to be a wrong emphasis.

Yes there is an absense of formalized ritual, but what i was trying to express is that in the full blown reality of Mahaprabhu's presence everything is spontaneous because the jiva has reached the feet of the Lord in person. It's different from devotion in preparation.

Bhaktivinode Thakur describes how our vaidi or sadhana which can also be seen as ritual becomes raganuga spontaneous devotion, the same activities like fanning, offering flower garlands offering light, cusions for rest etc are just a natural part of a properly adjusted servitor on that plane of real KC.

And the empowerment from the Lord is considerably different from that of the Jivas even tho it may be the same currant it can't be the same voltage

because the Lord in person is like the power station.

As far as straightening you out, I just don't know if I'm up to it.;)

Besides I'm not even sure where you are crooked.:confused: Help me out!

The contraryness is only in relation to the rituallistic statement because I believe that learning how to do things first ritualisticly and regulated eventually prepares one to perfect our service activities, like learning music or chanting formally then we can let our heart go to it's full spontaneous expression, if that makes any sense, if not then straighten me out. Other than that I'm with right you. Waiting for the next installment.

It ain't a challenge, so chill out mate.Then again it may just be madmans talk.:crazy2:

Yes there is an absense of formalized ritual, but what i was trying to express is that in the full blown reality of Mahaprabhu's presence everything is spontaneous because the jiva has reached the feet of the Lord in person. It's different from devotion in preparation.

Bhaktivinode Thakur describes how our vaidi or sadhana which can also be seen as ritual becomes raganuga spontaneous devotion, the same activities like fanning, offering flower garlands offering light, cusions for rest etc are just a natural part of a properly adjusted servitor on that plane of real KC.

And the empowerment from the Lord is considerably different from that of the Jivas even tho it may be the same currant it can't be the same voltage

because the Lord in person is like the power station.

Yes I understand now what you were saying and I was correct in assuming there was no disagreement. Bhativinode also used this example in Jaiva Dharma (can't remember where, it has been several years)of two beggars going to a householder and begging for rice. One beggar reveived a bowl of rice and another received a pot water and dried rice and a means to light a fire. Both are considered the mercy of the householder. Obviously the one who was given the implements to cook the rice was the one in vaidi-bhakti but if he carries through with cooking the rice he will arrive at the same point as the person who was given a bowl of already prepared rice. (Paraphrased of course)

I see the difference in empowerment in the receipents (us) adhikara to accept the mercy. The mercy is still as available as it was when Lord Caitanya was touring south India I believe it is just that we have to undergo so much more mental adjustments before we can accept it. IOW's we are more fallen that those villiagers.

As far as straightening you out, I just don't know if I'm up to it.;)
Yes that can be quite a chore ordinarily but in this case I was only you to clarify for me.

Besides I'm not even sure where you are crooked.:confused: Help me out!

Oh certainly I am crooked or I would not be living in forgetfullness of Krshna.

The contraryness is only in relation to the rituallistic statement because I believe that learning how to do things first ritualisticly and regulated eventually prepares one to perfect our service activities, like learning music or chanting formally then we can let our heart go to it's full spontaneous expression, if that makes any sense, if not then straighten me out. Other than that I'm with right you. Waiting for the next installment.

I never took it as a challenge mate so no need to chill as I am already. Besides I expect anyone reading what I post to be skeptical and to offer different opinons or angles on any topic, that is how we grow in knowledge by such philosophical speculation and afterall I am a highly conditioned soul who lives below the level of proper sadhana-yoga. So even I am suspect of my own views and am always challenging them so any help in this regard is welcome.

I do get angry when trolls jump in and step on others faith and sabotage that flow you spoke of.

Oh and don't wait for installments Sridas, post some more yourself.

If only I had the luxury of you full time bhaktas

Unfortuneately I'm still strugglin' to do a little duty

I booked a cheap ticket to India to kind of push myself into a pilgrimage.

Only now I have to find the cash to spend whilst there and I hear prices of everything are escalating.

Hence not all that much time at present.

I have time but I am no way a full time bhakta by a looong stretch. Spent much of the day watching two NFL football games. I'll post the installments as it gives me something Krsna conscious to do.

Pilgrimage is a golden thing. I heard the same about Indian inflation.

Here is a link to a neat Kumbha Mela video. I recall you saying you are going to this festival.

Also there is the link to the "Universal Teacher" video on the life of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Maharaja. Towards the end of the video there is real nectar footage of Srila Sridhara Maharaja that I mentioned.

http://www.devavision.org/videos.html

Hare Krsna Bija,

Like i mentioned I'm a little pressed for time right now, but I appreciate every nudge and friendly persuasion I can get. Thanks for the considerate thoughts.

I thought I'd try to get to Kumba mela if it fits into the itinerary but it's more Gaura purnima, Navadwip and guru seva I hope to focus on.

I personally find those mega festivals a bit daunting, just hope to meet some interesting souls in the sea of humanity. There are generally a lot of Gaudiya vaisnavas doing seva there.

C Madhya 9.42: There are many kinds of philosophers. Some are logicians who follow Gautama or Kanada. Some follow the Mimamsa philosophy of Jaimini. Some follow the Mayavada philosophy of Sankaracarya, and others follow Kapila's Sankhya philosophy or the mystic yoga system of Patanjali. Some follow the smriti-sastra composed of twenty religious scriptures, and others follow the Puranas and the tantra-sastra. In this way there are many different types of philosophers.

CC Madhya 9.43: All of these adherents of various scriptures were ready to present the conclusions of their respective scriptures, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu broke all their opinions to pieces and established His own cult of bhakti based on the Vedas, Vedanta, the Brahma-sutra and the philosophy of acintya-bhedabheda-tattva.

CC Madhya 9.44: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu established the devotional cult everywhere. No one could defeat Him.

CC Madhya 9.45: Being thus defeated by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all these philosophers and their followers entered into His cult. In this way Lord Caitanya made South India into a country of Vaishnavas.

CC Madhya 9.46: When the nonbelievers heard of the erudition of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they came to Him with great pride, bringing their disciples with them.

CC Madhya 9.47: One of them was a leader of the Buddhist cult and was a very learned scholar. To establish the nine philosophical conclusions of Buddhism, he came before the Lord and began to speak.

CC Madhya 9.48: Although the Buddhists are unfit for discussion and should not be seen by Vaishnavas, Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke to them just to decrease their false pride.

CC Madhya 9.49: The scriptures of the Buddhist cult are chiefly based on argument and logic, and they contain nine chief principles. Because Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu defeated the Buddhists in their argument, they could not establish their cult.

CC Madhya 9.50: The teacher of the Buddhist cult set forth the nine principles, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu broke them to pieces with His strong logic.

CC Madhya 9.51: All mental speculators and learned scholars were defeated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and when the people began to laugh, the Buddhist philosophers felt both shame and fear.

CC Madhya 9.52: The Buddhists could understand that Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a Vaishnava, and they returned home very unhappy. Later, however, they began to plot against the Lord.

CC Madhya 9.53: Having made their plot, the Buddhists brought a plate of untouchable food before Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and called it maha-prasadam.

CC Madhya 9.54: When the contaminated food was offered to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, a very large bird appeared on the spot, picked up the plate in its beak and flew away.

CC Madhya 9.55: Indeed, the untouchable food fell upon the Buddhists, and the large bird dropped the plate on the head of the chief Buddhist teacher. When it fell on his head, it made a big sound.

CC Madhya 9.56: The plate was made of metal, and when its edge hit the head of the teacher, it cut him, and the teacher immediately fell to the ground unconscious.

CC Madhya 9.57: When the teacher fell unconscious, his Buddhist disciples cried aloud and ran to the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for shelter.

CC Madhya 9.58: They all prayed to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, addressing Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself and saying, "Sir, please excuse our offense. Please have mercy upon us and bring our spiritual master back to life."

CC Madhya 9.59: The Lord then replied to the Buddhist disciples, "You should all chant the names of Krishna and Hari very loudly near the ear of your spiritual master.

CC Madhya 9.60: "By this method your spiritual master will regain his consciousness." Following Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's advice, all the Buddhist disciples began to chant the holy name of Krishna congregationally.

CC Madhya 9.61: When all the disciples chanted the holy names Krishna, Rama and Hari, the Buddhist teacher regained consciousness and immediately began to chant the holy name of Lord Hari.

CC Madhya 9.62: When the spiritual master of the Buddhists began to chant the holy name of Krishna and submitted to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all the people who were gathered there were astonished.

CC Madhya 9.63: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the son of Sacidevi, then suddenly and playfully disappeared from everyone's sight, and it was impossible for anyone to find Him.

Regarding this famous quote from Mahaprabhu "By My order become guru."

We can obviously take the negative view and criticise everyone outside Srila Prabhupad, who is endeavouring to spread KC to the world at large or we can appreciate the many efforts that have extended to the environment in the last 500 years, and the last 40 of our life.

It cannot just be about Iskcon because Mahaprabhu gave that instruction over 500 years ago.

What is evident in the above verse is that from Mahaprabhu the empowerment went with the devotees in all directions back to their villiages and then from there who knows in which direction it was carried as people traveled and relocated.

I think it better to accept that we cannot accurately trace all the movements of the spread of Krsna consciousness so the claim of exclusivity is not viable. It then behooves us to appreciate and respect all efforts to spread Krsna consciousness no matter from which direction we become aware of it.

CC Madhya 9.44: Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu established the devotional cult everywhere. No one could defeat Him.

This is still happening today as Mahaprabhu's message continues to spread far outside of South India,

Guest guest

Thiest posted

CC Madhya 9.45: Being thus defeated by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all these philosophers and their followers entered into His cult. In this way Lord Caitanya made South India into a country of Vaishnavas.

It is no less than amazing to find one writing down such despicable lies and expecting to get away scott-free. He probably did too, with this used car salesman writing. It is impossible to imagine the nature of the audience he was addressing.

Guest guest

And what proof do you have that these are just lies?

Thiest posted

It is no less than amazing to find one writing down such despicable lies and expecting to get away scott-free. He probably did too, with this used car salesman writing. It is impossible to imagine the nature of the audience he was addressing.

Guest guest

And what proof do you have that these are just lies?

History. Any idiot who knows even a little about Indian history should know this is an outright lie. But that is not really important. The real point of interest is, knowing that this author wrote down blatant lies, how do you react to it?

History. Any idiot who knows even a little about Indian history should know this is an outright lie. But that is not really important. The real point of interest is, knowing that this author wrote down blatant lies, how do you react to it?

OK Mister Indian history expert, please show us any proof you have that what is told in Chaitanya Caritamrita is false.

You have nothing except hot air and a lot a bitter hatred.

You can't disprove anything.

All you can do is talk shit.