IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Swaminarayan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Swaminarayan,

It is clear that you have great difficulty in debating as you fail to address the main points within a post. So I will make it easier for you by adopting the quote and reply method, I hope you can adhere to this to make things easier to understand.

Quote : Manidr bata, masjid bati bat liya girjaghar ko ab mat bato insano ko.

Reply : Question is not about division, but realization.

Quote : When shriji maharaj left him home as a nilkanth varni he carried with him gutka of all the shastras. This gutkas arrived from what scriptures. All the scriptures of the swaminarayan sampraday are not beyond such scriptures. Please read the original scriptures and try to arrive that the scriptures of swaminaryan are originated from what.

Reply: We know what the swaminarayan sampraday scriptures have originated from, the Aath Sat-Shastras mentioned within the shikshapatri. I do not understand you point what are you trying to get at? We accept those scriptures.

Quote : Don't try to be agent of selling moksha. Based on my posts you are trying to judge the strength of BAPS is just your showing that how poor you are in interpreating the things and still you claim that your interpretation of scriptures are true. According to your philosophy all the gopies were not met the moksha even after the meeting lord krishna as they have not read and followed the scriptures of swaminarayan sampraday and convenienced you.

Reply: No one is trying to be an agent selling moksha but a devotee advising another potential devotee on what they believe according to the scriptures is true practice. You may regard that as selling but I see it as helping/assisting. I would think you interpretation of scriptures are poor as you have not been able to refute any of the quotes provided. Instead you talk about things on a general basis without the use of references. Judging by the comment about the gopis it is clear that you do not know my intentions or my thoughts. Gopis existed at a time where there were no swaminarayan scriptures and also Swaminarayan Bhagwan was not their Ishtadev so this argument does not apply to their example. Those who regard Swaminarayan Bhagwan as their Ishtadev must follow the rules prescribed by him. Those who regard Krishna to be their Ishtadev must do the same. I am not implying that only devotees of Swaminarayan receive moksha this is just your misconception.

Quote : When you have judge something you need to understaning two things -

1. Letter of the script and

2. The intention behind the writing of such letter.

You have went deep into lateral mening of the scripture and not touched the intention part of it.

Reply : Maharaj states in the shikshapatri that I have written this book for sarva jiva hitavaha for all souls(Slokh 8) Now explain to me how have I gone into deep lateral meaning? Maharaj clearly states by following this shikshapatri you receive moksha and if you do not then you will not receive moksha (Note this only applies if you regard Bhagwan Swaminarayan as your Ishtadev). It is you who is trying to wriggle out of following maharajs Aagna not me.

Quote : If I take the scriptures in lateral meaning I found that the entire sampraday is not fitting into the compliance of the orders of the lord swaminarayan. Everybody is trying to take the meaning which is most convenient to it. Whole world is aware about the disputes in the different parts of the swaminarayan followers and also within the sampraday particularly in vadtal gadi. The followers of vadtal gadi are not competent enough to explain and convenience the scriptures to their own followers and keep their action in line. Rather their disputes are burden to the society. There are good satsangis also but they also have no dare to clean the things within the sampraday.

Reply : Explain to me how the whole of Swaminarayan Sampraday does not fit the compliance of orders? Fact is BAPS does not fit the compliance so why do you follow such? I think you are taking meaning to which is most convenient by accepting some parts and disregarding other parts of the shikshapatri, Vachanamrut, Satsangi Jeevan etc. Disputes are no reason to alter upaasna, ignore aagna etc. Yes there are disputes within the vadtal gadi, but does that mean that maharaj no longer resides in the murti in vadtal? Or by following vadtal gadi you will not receive moksha as stated by maharaj? How do you know that action has not been taken, I can say that action is being taken but it takes a while to sort out problems. Disputes have nothing to do with path of moksha, as maharaj has stated no other way for moksha apart from the Murtis established by himself and acharayas(note not baps mandirs), scriptures established by himself and authenticated by acharyas(note not baps scriptures) Acharyas established by himself(Note not gunatit parampara), Saints initiated by acharays(note not baps saints) and if a devotee takes initiation from a acharaya as prescribed in the shikshaptri and accepts the 4 above only then can he receive moksha, note these are not my words but maharajs and who are we to refute them or try to say that is not what he is trying to get at. This is just a ploy to substantiate you false claims, but you can never go wrong with following scriptures. Those who try to refute scriptures will fall from satsang!

Quote : The whole purpose of swaminarayan bhagwan's establishing the seperate sampraday is that during his vichran he has seen that there are many bad things within the followers of the other sampradays. Now, if the same things will happen within the swaminarayan sampraday also then how you say that shriji maharaj will be happy by that? Which scriptures you will go and explain to him to claim your views are right.

Reply : Remember you believe this bhagwan to by antaryaami (all-knowing), don’t you think he would have advised us that if there is bad happenings within the sampraday then form another one. Fact is you have not split from the sampraday due to bad things but have split due to doctrinal differences so get your facts right.

Quote : Earlier somebody has rightly posted that santo moksh nu dwar che. If it is that what you achiev by doing the ninda of pramukh swami maharaj.

Reply : Note a saint of swaminarayan must receive diksha from an acharya as per his instructions. Pramukh Swami has not received diksha from an acharaya so he cannot be that sant described by maharaj who is an ekantik sant. In fact he is deceiving innocent souls, maharaj has stated I can tolerate those who ruin their own moksha but those who ruin others moksha I cannot tolerate.

Quote : Other guest has suggested that Islam is also surviving since long. Now, you only say that you belive in scriptures only and go by the lateral meaning of the same. Now, have you read the scriptures of Islam or just blindly making ninda of kuran. Why you forget that swaminarayan bhagwan has not given any agna for making ninda of anyother religion.

Reply : A core dharma for all believers of the santan dharma is ahimsa, something which islam do not adhere to. Yes I can provide a reference to this within the quran if you require it. You see we do not make blind claims but back it up with reference and accept all agnas. Whereas as you in this case state the following of aagna but when we ask of your compliance of aagna you dodge it. You can see how this may be perceived to be hypocritical on your behalf.

Quote : So far as the Gadhda Madhya Nu 35th Vachnamrut is concerned I mention as under:

Shriji Maharaj clearly mentioned that-

1.Jyare Shri Krishna Ni Murti ma dhyan kare tyare atma dekhvo kathin nathi.

2.Kalyan of Jiv is not difficult if -

(a) Bhagwan na charitra Gava

(b) Bhagwan na charitra sambhalva

( c ) Nam Smran Karvo ne

(d ) Pota na dharma ma rehvo

Reply : Please look at point d again as your dharma have been stated in shikshapatri yet you do not comply to all.

Quote : This is only the point what I wanted to say you. If any woman or man is doing the above then they are also able to see the atma like shriji maharaj and their kalyan is here ensured by shriji maharaj. In fact shriji maharaj also mentioned that it is difficult to see the atma by any other method.

Reply: I totally agree, provided that the charitra are of authentic source, smaran is done correctly not like baps (Swaminarayan is split into two Swami – Gunatitanand and Narayan – Shreeji Maharaj) This is not correct smanaram. Note I have found this on the baps website which suggests your upaasna is dual Dvaita which does not comply with maharajs chosen philosophy of vishitaadvait. Note philosophy and upaasna is critical for moksha, baps do not follow it correctly yet you follow this sanstha, and disregard maharajs own sampradaya which follow it correctly.

Quote : I don't know how many swaminarayan satsangi's are ready and rathar allowed by the dominant people to do the dhyan of shri krishna. In am witness of the incidences in which the attempt was made to show the krishna inferior then shriji mahraj by the so called satsangis of swaminaryan and that to in the presence of the big satsangis and santos. But no body has even uttared a signle word that what is going on is wrong. If this is not politics then what. Any way nothing will happen to image of lord krishna by saying anything of such type of people.

Reply : I can say this with sincerity that both saints and devotees of swaminarayan sampradaya and baps do ninda of Krishna bhagwan and consider him inferior. Note not all but there is a segment in each group. I do not agree with them and I believe they are those which maharaj describe as kusang within satsang. However this has nothing to do with the debate.

Quote : Further, the man hoi changa to kathrot ma ganga is not proper is mentioned with reference to dealings between man and woman. If you want to see the atma it is right that you don't listen the akha and kabir because there is possibilities that you take the wrong meaning of the thing. The pad of Kabir and Akha are not for atma darshan it is for those people who don't know the way to atma darshan and went deep into the text of scriptures without reading the scriptures as a whole. You cannot use the scriptures on peace meal basis. That is why shriji maharaj has also prepared gutka of all shastras before van vichran.

Reply : I really do find it difficult to understand your point. I provided a direct reference in which is states that we should not listen to the works of aakha and kabir, yet you cannot accept this. If you cannot accept the words of your own ishtadev then perhaps you need to look elsewhere. The reason why maharaj says not to listen to their work is because they describe bhagwan to be nirakaar in their work. Yet baps still refer to their work and have published audio cds with their work sang. Compliance of aagna is once again questioned.

Quote : Furhter, shriji maharaj clearly states in the said vachnamrut that make varta of the Shrimad Bhagwat and other granths mentioned. Then why are you not quote the things from the shrimad bhagwat and other granths recommended by the maharaj in the said vachnamrut.

Reply : It is because I have not yet studied them fully. This does not mean I disregard them, and what does the fact that I do not refer to them have to do with this debate? As the essence of shrimad bhagwat and other granths can be found in shikshapatri, vachanamrut, satsangi jeevan etc. Yet I still have started to read bhagwad gita and have read parts of the ramayan also.

Quote : I am not opposing your being with vadtal gadi or any other sanstha of swaminarayan but I wonder that being a satsangi how you have kept only one intention i.e. To oppose BAPS and do the ninda of saint like pramukh swami. No what ever niyam you will follow but in this way shriji maharaj will be never happy with you.

Reply : You cannot oppose me being with the swaminarayan sampraday as this is what is prescribed by bhagwan swaminarayan but I can oppose you being with baps as this is not what bhagwan swaminarayan prescribed. I am not doing ninda of pramukh swami, just stating the truth. He is not a swaminaraayn saint, but a baps saint. Finally maharaj states in the shikshapatri that if you adhere to this shikshapatri then you will become happy in this life and thereafter and receive his raajipo. You state out of the blue, I state with reference. Don’t jump to conclusions or blindly accept things all your life. Research and learn to read with an neutral unbiased view. As it seems that even if shreeji maharaj himself came down and said baps is false, even then I do not think you would be able to accept it. Fact is shreeji maharaj himself is already saying that as the scriptures are him yet you are not willing to accept this.

Premanand swami states –

Aeva agnaani guru na visvaas thi re lola,

jaasho narake vagaataa dhol narnaari

(Placing faith in a unknowledgeable teacher will lead to hell with a bang - a message to all males and females)

Guest guest

When shriji maharaj left him home as a nilkanth varni he carried with him gutka of all the shastras. This gutkas arrived from what scriptures. All the scriptures of the swaminarayan sampraday are not beyond such scriptures. Please read the original scriptures and try to arrive that the scriptures of swaminaryan are originated from what.

Your being foolish. Now you feel that the Swaminarayan Sampradays scriptures do not hold what the Vedas, Purans and\ upanishads do??

Is this because your way of philosophy and worship (in BAPS) goes against the Swaminarayan scriptures?

Wel truth is that even if you look at the Gutko of Swaminarayan Bhagwan (currently in Kalupur Swaminarayan Mandir Amdavad under the Nar Narayan Desh), you will come so see that such a type of worship is not mentioned in any scripture. Nor is it accepted by the Vishitadvait philosophy of Ramanauj. Read the Ramanuj Bhashya and you will see.

Do not be surprised by the title, I am a devout hindu and had an opportunity to get to know the swaminarayan sect from closely, as two of my close acquaitance are swaminarayan.I have been to their satsang sabhas, programme etc.I have a high respect for the enormous amount of Good work which the sect is doing and esepcially pramukh swami maharaj but there are couple of philosophical issue which stops me from "converting" to swaminarayan....

I am presenting it below :

1) Swaminarayan sect believes that only their god (Lord swaminarayan) is the only God who can give you moksha.i have seen many people who were worshipping usual hindu gods from generations and after convering the "Swaminarayan" you wont find a single hindu god/goddess picture in their home.Isnt this like following christianity or islam....

2) They say that the "Swaminarayan" mantra is the most powerful shloka in the world, even their book about bhajans (Kirtanvaali) mentions somewhere that the mantra is even superior then Gayatri mantra....

Comeon ....

3) On one side the swaminarayan devotees take pride in hindu heritage but the practices are such that it seems "Swaminarayan" is a whole together different religion and whenever you ask any follower which religion you follow they will say "We are swaminarayan".

4) Swaminaryan saints would only eat if the food is prepared by a "Brahmin"..are you kidding me..which centure are we living in ?.

5) I was recently watching the official DVD of Akshardham temple (Its really a wonderful place ) and all through the DVD they have not shown any video/shots of the "Ganpati" or "Radha krishna" murti...only one line of verbal that the temple also has the murti of so and so god....

I have many other points also..but later...again..I do not have any negative feelings, I have and would always have high respect for the "swaminarayan" religion but its some of these points which are standing as a HUGE wall in front of me....

btw..I have placed a small picture of Pramukh swami" in our temple and i do pray to him along with other "Hnidu gods"...

Hello my friend,

I read this post of yours and thought to give you some points about Swaminarayan:

1) Swaminarayan is not a separate religion, It belongs to Vedic Hindu religion.

2)Proper Swaminarayan followers who have attained a Staunch faith that, Lord Swaminarayan is the ParaBrahman and source of all incarnations. It is Lord Swaminarayan who has explained that there are 5 Entites: Jivas,Ishwaras,Maya,Brahman and ParaBrahman, They are never created, they exist since time immemorial(Anadi), except Maya. There are infinite Jivas and infinite Ishwaras. He said that Jivas and Ishwaras are all under Maya since existance. Only two entities remain above Maya i.e., Brahman and ParaBrahman, they have never been in contact with Maya. All Jivas, Ishwaras, Maya and Brahman are all dependent on ParaBrahman but ParaBrahman is all independent. That ParaBahman is Lord Swaminarayan who descended on this earth by his free will. He is not an incarnation of anyone, he himself is the source of incarnation. Realising oneness with Brahman we have to do the Bhakti of ParaBrahman, that is the Basic concept. So if we have the refuge of ParaBrahman purushottam narayan why need to pray to other gods. It is not that we disrespect them, we always bow down to every god and all incarnations but our faith and Pativrata Bhakti is towards Lord Swaminarayan.

His abode is Akshardhaam which is above maya. Once a Jiva or Ishwara attaining Brahmic state reaches Akshardhaam, there is no returning for him into Maya of Birth and Death.

The followers of Raam Bhagwaan would always talk about Raam Bhagwaan in their pravachans, It doesnt mean that they are insulting other gods. They respect every one but follow their choicest Bhagwaan. Same with Krishna Bhagwaan Disciples. When they do the Katha on Bhagwad or Gita, they will hardly refer to any other god other than Krishna. It is their Bhakti.

Similarly the Akshardhaam monument represents the abode of Lord Swaminaryan. Like Krishna Bhagwan resides in Golok and Raam Bhagwaan resides in Vaikunth, Similarly it is Bhagwaan Swaminarayan who resides in Akshardhaam. But still big murtis of RadhaKrishna, Raam-sita etc are installed in the main monument.

The whole world will be watching the DVD, it is not that they have insulted Radha Krishna Bhagwaan, its just that they want people to know about Lord Swaminarayan. There are not many people who know much about Swaminarayan, thats why they were just concentrating on him. There cannot be any misbehaviour towards any Avatars in BAPS.

It is true that they eat the food cooked by Brahmin just because it is a Strict instruction of Lord Swaminarayan to his Sadhus. It is just that they are maintaining purity by not eating whenever and whatever. It is not that everyone cooks food with purity, Thats why Lord Swaminaryan said to eat the food cooked by Brahmins. They eat food cooked by people other than Brahmins but its a whole different process to cook food for Saints i.e., you have make sure abt the purity, you cannot use direct water when you cook for them and few more things like that.

It is out of the Nishta or the conviction they say that they are following Swaminarayan religion. But truly it is a Proper Hindu Religion. Look at niyams, they are not new. Ashtang Brahmacharaya is mentioned in Daksha Smriti, Aarti, thaal, Puja and every thing is just like a Hindu. It is a Hindu religion.

Even I have joined BAPS recently, I am basically from South. Its a beautiful Organisation with a Bhagwad Satpurush as its Guru and Swaminarayan Bhagwan as its Choicest god.

Any more Questions, feel free to ask. Even I had these doubts, We willtry our best to answer

Jai Swaminarayan

ANYONE WHO WORSHIPS A MAN AS GOD IS TRUELY LOST!

Swaminayaran is NOT a God. People have falsly elevated him and worshiped him as a God. He was a guru and should be given the respect of one, but not that of God.

Dont just talk with out any references. You say Lord Swaminarayan in not GOD, Prove it. You are no legend from history that we should accept your words.

Jai Swaminarayan

Guest guest

Dear Nav are you in a fighting mood.

You have not provided the sources of original scriptures found out by BAPS for arti so what you are talking about the evidence.

Please show the evidence where it is written that sahjanand swami is avtar of narayan.

Guest guest

I think we are going on a wrong track. The basic intention of the forum should be to understand the religion. But we all are so much biased about our views that we are going to the extent of ninda. It is very bad.

As somebody asked there is no need of giving the evidence about lord swaminarayan. I think hindus are only the real enimies of the hindus. Ramdev baba has spread the yoga teachings to great extent. But there is also oppose and saying that all the yoga techniques are wrong. In reply to the said ramdev bapa has rightly said that if you feel that it is wrong then you do the same yourself and see the result. I think this apply to all of us. If someone feels that sahjananad swami is not god then how he get the evidence of the same without worshiping him. So please worship the lord swaminarayan and you got the evidence. Similiarly, if someone feels that BAPS is wrong or Other gadi of swaminarayan is wrong then go there and feel the thing you will find that both are right because at both places lord swaminarayan is residing.

Guest guest

I think we are going on a wrong track. The basic intention of the forum should be to understand the religion. But we all are so much biased about our views that we are going to the extent of ninda. It is very bad.

As somebody asked there is no need of giving the evidence about lord swaminarayan. I think hindus are only the real enimies of the hindus. Ramdev baba has spread the yoga teachings to great extent. But there is also oppose and saying that all the yoga techniques are wrong. In reply to the said ramdev bapa has rightly said that if you feel that it is wrong then you do the same yourself and see the result. I think this apply to all of us. If someone feels that sahjananad swami is not god then how he get the evidence of the same without worshiping him. So please worship the lord swaminarayan and you got the evidence. Similiarly, if someone feels that BAPS is wrong or Other gadi of swaminarayan is wrong then go there and feel the thing you will find that both are right because at both places lord swaminarayan is residing.

Swaminarayan Bhagwan has Himself stated that He lives Pratyaksh in only those murtis where Avahan has been done by the Dharmvanshi Acharya.

Guest guest

1) Dear Nav are you in a fighting mood.

2)You have not provided the sources of original scriptures found out by BAPS for arti so what you are talking about the evidence.

Please show the evidence where it is written that sahjanand swami is avtar of narayan.

Your first point is true. But your second point may be seen in the Skand Puran and many more. For example the Vasudev Mahatmyam Shloka 42 onwards.

Thirdly may i put down with confidence as i have come with more proof that Sadguru Gopalanand Swami was Mool Akshar and Sadguru Gunatitanand Swami was the eldest of the four Sanat Kumars. I have quotes from a nandsant who heard this as well if one likes.

This is heard from the mouth of Shriji Maharaj and Gopalanand Swami themselves. So the BAPS movement is wrong in following what they do.

Jay Swaminarayan.

Guest guest

Someone has rightly said that common sense is not common. Vadtal Gadi followers don't know anything then to make ninda and create disputes. First, they quaral for deciding who is the real acharya within the sampraday. For deciding such a simple things they needs to run from post to pillars and from court to court.Secondly they are only with one intention to blame BAPS on one pretext or other. Why they forget thaty Gunatitanand Swami had given diksha to Acharya. Everybody knows BAPS is at a great hight and that is due to devotion of gurus and presently by Pramukh Swami Maharaj. See the life or Pramukh Swami Maharaj and try to understand the qualities and you will get the answer. You are shouting wrong things since last 100 years but nobody is there is listen you because your basic intention is to create disputes only. You are taking only selected part of the scriptures which are favourable to your argument and had 100 excuses for the others. Now, stop thinking in wrong way and learn to live life from the pramukh swami if you do only this then your sampraday will reach great hights.

There were disputes between vadtal gadi followers since time of the Bhagatji Maharaj and once upon a time it was only the Bhagatji Maharaj who has prevented the seperation of the vadtal gadi. Shastriji Maharaj was also remained with the vadtal gadi even after getting all inhumen treatment (no religious or any god has never prescriped the same.). There were attempt to murder him twice and under complsion no alternative left with him then to left the vadtal gadi. You can't keep the people with you by opposing them and threatning them and by trying to murdering them. Better you read the jivan charitra of bhagatji maharaj and shastriji maharaj and you will come to know facts.

I am reproducing the words uttared by supremecourt of India in one judgement.

"It is sad and unfortunate that the Swamijis/Sanyasis/

members of the Sangh seem to have paid their attention more

to litigation than to the propagation of the teachings of Swami

Narayan. This situation should change. If the time, energy

and money spent on litigations and feuding had been spent for

carrying on the wishes of the founder of the institution, things

would have reached very great and amazing heights. We have,

therefore, to voice our anxiety in this matter and request that

the system and administration should be fairly and properly

bridled, to prevent recurrence or repetition of feuds, which

have already to some extent shattered the reputation of this

great majestic institution, which has very vast resources and

assets. Therefore, it is high time that proper remedial

measures are taken by all concerned."

You are responsable and answarable to the above remarks to all the BAPS followers. BAPS will nevear bear anything which will spoil the reputation of lord swaminarayan.

Jai Swaminarayan.

Guest guest

Jay Swaminarayan

Quote - Vadtal Gadi followers don't know anything then to make ninda and create disputes. First, they quaral for deciding who is the real acharya within the sampraday. For deciding such a simple things they needs to run from post to pillars and from court to court.

Reply - It is clear from a mere glance at you post that you not wish to enter a philosophical debate but just a slander match based on biased views spoon fed to you by baps. Those devotees who follow the swaminarayan sampraday and are under the vadtal gadi actually follow what their ishtadev has instructed them to follow, unfortunately the same cannot be said of you. What you perceive as ninda is the truth and spreading awareness. Note baps are the reason for the dispute, as they do not comply with maharajs teachings yet are claiming to do so. As with all disputes they need to be resolved, now this means legally and according to desh vibhaag lekh. Satsang sabha makes the decision and thereafter the court is notified about the decision. However what does this have to do with the fact that baps is false? Or is this a point to prove that swaminarayan sampraday is false, then you are offending maharaj as he set it up. If you say that when maharaj set it up it was fine and became corrupted thereafter, then you are disputing his all knowing quality. Both ways you lose out.

Quote - Secondly they are only with one intention to blame BAPS on one pretext or other. Why they forget thaty Gunatitanand Swami had given diksha to Acharya.

Reply – Blame does not come into the question, debate here is about whether baps comply bhagwan swaminarayans instructions. Please remind me which acharya gunatitanand swami gave diksha to? As i am sure maharaj gave diksha to the first acharyas and thereafter given by their predecessors. Even if gunatitanand swami did give them diksha what does this mean? That baps is true? Don’t know what point you trying to make.

Quote - Everybody knows BAPS is at a great hight and that is due to devotion of gurus and presently by Pramukh Swami Maharaj. See the life or Pramukh Swami Maharaj and try to understand the qualities and you will get the answer.

Reply – That is a personal opinion and note it is not backed up by any scripture. He has not taken the initiation to be called a swaminarayan satsangi let alone a swaminarayan saint or leader.

Quote - You are shouting wrong things since last 100 years but nobody is there is listen you because your basic intention is to create disputes only.

Reply – Ever thought it might be out of compassion to make sure devotees don’t ruin their moksha.

Quote - You are taking only selected part of the scriptures which are favourable to your argument and had 100 excuses for the others.

Reply - I think it is you and baps which is doing that whereas me and the swaminarayan sampraday accept all commands of our ishtadev. Please read the debate before this post and try to answer those posts which have provided scriptural evidence.

Quote - Now, stop thinking in wrong way and learn to live life from the pramukh swami if you do only this then your sampraday will reach great hights.

Reply – Now you are saying the swaminarayan sampraday will achieve great heights if we learn from pramukh swami? Well to you baps may seem to achieved great heights but this is all worldy view what about spiritual truth? I would rather follow what bhagwan swaminarayan prescribed and be known as small rather than following a man made cult and be world known. I think that is the difference between the 2 of us, I study and try to follow what is right by my lord whereas you look at others and follow what seems to be right rather than cross referencing it by scriptures. Maharaj says the scriptures are me, so why overlook them?

Quote - There were disputes between vadtal gadi followers since time of the Bhagatji Maharaj and once upon a time it was only the Bhagatji Maharaj who has prevented the seperation of the vadtal gadi. Shastriji Maharaj was also remained with the vadtal gadi even after getting all inhumen treatment (no religious or any god has never prescriped the same.). There were attempt to murder him twice and under complsion no alternative left with him then to left the vadtal gadi. You can't keep the people with you by opposing them and threatning them and by trying to murdering them. Better you read the jivan charitra of bhagatji maharaj and shastriji maharaj and you will come to know facts.

Reply – unfortunately there is no evidence to prove these claims of yours. Also how have you so easily come to believe these to be true? It could be false propaganda to back up why your so called leader left. You use these murder stories but there is not the slightest bit of evidence to rpove it apart from biased books. I suppose as you follow the cult you are compeeled to accept these myth like stories. You carry on reading the jivan charitra of bhagatji shastrji pramukhji IPji etc wheras I will stick to those publications authorised by acharayas as prescribed by bhagwan swaminarayan.

Quote - you are responsable and answarable to the above remarks to all the BAPS followers. BAPS will nevear bear anything which will spoil the reputation of lord swaminarayan.

Reply - Really but you are ready to discredit the acharyas and the sampraday set up by bhagwan swaminarayan himself, ironic isn’t it. You still do not realise that it is baps who is spoiling the reputation of bhagwan swaminarayan. As for the court cases read the book of bochasan bandh which is a book compiled by harijeevan shastri of vadtal, the one who defeated your guru yagnapurush(shastriji) philosophically in court, so much of a guru or akshar. The book is factual and provides court dates and references all court notes and verdicts. I think this book can be used to conclude what really is the truth, rather than these rants of yours. The book proves why baps is false and discredit all their so called claims, read it might be an eye opener….oh before I forget it is authorised by an acharya.

Guest guest

Correctly put. Not just that but I have more references from Nirgun Swami Ni Vato about the reality of Aksha, maybe you followers should consider reading this as well because Its not only authorised by the Acharyas but Nand Santo like Sadguru Gopalanand Swami, Sadguru Gunatitanand Swami and such saints:

Vaat 227

Gunatitanand Swami chaarnathi mota Sankadikno Avtaar che em Gopalanand Swami kehta hata. Gunatitanand Swami Maharaj ni akhand murti dehtha hata ane bolta hata ke Muktanand Swami tatha Gopalanand Swami, Brahmanand Swami, Atmanand Swami ane Krupanand Swami eh jeh Sadhu temno ratripralay sudi samagam kari tyare sampurna Sadhu thavaay. PAchi bija sadhaaran nit oh vaat shi kehvi?

Vaat 226:

Narayan Brahmchari Maitri Rishi no avtar che em Maharaj kahyu hatu.

Vaat 60.

Shriji Maharaj Shri Gadhpur madhe viraajman hata. Potani aaghar sadhu harijan ni sabha bethi hati. Eh samay Shriji raaji thay ne Gunatitanand Swami pratye bolya ke “aah haar pehro ane aajthi tame jirangadh (Junagadh) na Mahant”. Gunatitanand Swami kahe “nah Maharaj mare mahantay noh haar pehrvo nathi”. Chahta Maharaj kahe “pehro”.

Maharaj no gano agrah joi ne Gunatitanand Swami bolya ke “ah Gopalanand Swami prativarsh ek maas mane bhagvad katha kehva jirangadh padhaare toh haar pehrvu”. Eh saambhri Maharaj Gopalanand Swami ne puchyu “Kem Gopalanand Swami, Gunatitanand Swami ne bhagvad katha prativarsh tame Junagadh jasho?” Gopalanand Swami kahe “Maharaj, aap jem agna karsho tem karish”. Etle Maharaje Gunatitanand Swamine kahyu ke “Gopalanand Swami Junagadh avvani haa pade che. Maate tame haar pehro”.

Pachi Gunatitanand Swami haar pehryo ne mahant thaya. Tyathi Gopalanand swami pan pote pruthvi upar rahya sudhi Bhagwanni vato kehva prativarsh Junagadh Padharta hata; ane koi varas na javaay to bije varase jaine beh maas rehta hata.

108-109 it states:

Potane deh mukva aada paanch divas rahya hata tyare Shriji Maharaj ardhi raatre bolya ke "amari pase kaun che?" etle kahyu ke "Mulji Brahmchari, Shukmuni, tatha Ratanjibhai tran jan che". Sambhri Shriji Maharaj Bolya ke "Ek Muktanand Swami pan bolvavi laavo pan bija koi nahi".

Pachi Ratanjibhai Muktanand Swami ne bolaavi lavya ane teh avi ne Maharaj paase betha. Maharaje temne puchyu ke "amaro vishvaas che?" temre kahyu ke "amare tamro sampurna vishvaas che". Pachi Shriji Maharaj kahyu ke "Tame sarvo Gopalanand Swami ni agna ma rehjo, Akshardhaam ma pan teh sarvane vartaave che. Ane Jeh Mool Akshar che tej eh che".

Muktanand Swami bolya ke "Maharaj, eh toh mota che!" Pan atla divas eh vaat amne kem na kahi?" tyare shriji bolya ke "atla divas na kahi, teh toh ketlak juna ne theek na pade teh mate na kahi pan have emni agna mah rehjo". Etle Muktanand Swami bolya ke, Maharaj ame nischay emni agna mah rehshu". Em kahi ne vandan karya.

Guest guest

I personally feel that this bickering should be left to the side and all should follow who they feel are correct. If you think BAPS is correct, by all means follow them. If you choose to follow Vadtal Sansthan, follow them no problem.

It is hard to distinguish between the two sects. I have read the Vachanamrutam (published by Shri Gopinathdev Managing Trust) and there are talks of Akshar within the Vachanamrutam. On the other hand, BAPS has no acharya.

However, I am drawn towards BAPS simply due to recent events. Corruption within santos, murders etc are all seen within Vadtal Sanstha whereas BAPS seems very clean and are out to propagate Bhagwan Swaminarayan's good name. And, if anybody has raised the flag of Bhagwan Swaminarayan around the globe, it is Pramukh Swami Maharaj, whom I have great respect for. I have met the Acharya and I have met Pramukh Swami Maharaj and let me say that Pramukh Swami Maharaj feels like a very divine person to me in comparison to the Acharya Rakeshprasadji Maharaj. I have also heard of incidents where Nauttam Swami himself has visited BAPS temples to talk with Pramukh Swamiji.

Please note that this is only a personal opinion: I do not speak on behalf of any organisation here.

Guest guest

Quote - I personally feel that this bickering should be left to the side and all should follow who they feel are correct. If you think BAPS is correct, by all means follow them. If you choose to follow Vadtal Sansthan, follow them no problem.

Reply – In some way I agree with you, and also disagree. It is true that it is up to the individual what they follow. However if they state that they accept Bhagwan Swaminarayan as their Ishtadev yet follow BAPS then there is some sort of flaw in their ideology, mainly lack of scriptural knowledge. I would say follow what your Ishtadev has instructed rather than what you feel is right. Remember he is the all-knowing, not you and I.

Quote - It is hard to distinguish between the two sects. I have read the Vachanamrutam (published by Shri Gopinathdev Managing Trust) and there are talks of Akshar within the Vachanamrutam. On the other hand, BAPS has no acharya.

Reply - What is so hard? Bhagwan Swaminarayan states in Vachanamrut Vadtal 18 that the sampraday for his followers is the Udhav Sampraday (now known as Swaminarayan Sampraday) and acceptance of Acharyas as guru parampara. Yes there are talks of akshar within vachanamrut agreed, but nowhere does it state that akshar is gunatitanand swami or that he should be placed next to bhagwans murti.

Quote - However, I am drawn towards BAPS simply due to recent events. Corruption within santos, murders etc are all seen within Vadtal Sanstha whereas BAPS seems very clean and are out to propagate Bhagwan Swaminarayan's good name. And, if anybody has raised the flag of Bhagwan Swaminarayan around the globe, it is Pramukh Swami Maharaj, whom I have great respect for. I have met the Acharya and I have met Pramukh Swami Maharaj and let me say that Pramukh Swami Maharaj feels like a very divine person to me in comparison to the Acharya Rakeshprasadji Maharaj. I have also heard of incidents where Nauttam Swami himself has visited BAPS temples to talk with Pramukh Swamiji.

Reply - I would then have to come to the conclusion that you are not a true follower of bhagwan swaminarayan as you disregard his commands. Regardless of state of the sampraday maharaj has never authorised anyone to leave the swaminarayan sampraday, infact those who leave are referred to as vimukhs by maharaj. BAPS do not follow maharajs aagna so no matter how much so-called good they are doing it is worth zilch! Both aagna and upaasna is corrupted in the baps fellowship meaning it is a useless path for those who desire moksha. On the other hand if you want to be part of a growing successful fellowship then go ahead, however for those who strive for moksha will never follow baps and will always refer to scriptures which advocates swaminaraayn sampraday only. All say Pramukh Swami is divine yet no one person can vouch realistically for his divinity, on what basis is he divine? Acharayas are divine because Bhagwan Swaminarayan has stated that they are great Devas. Constant praise and limelight on a certain individual generally leads unintelligent folk to believing in such divinity. Im not sure whether nauttam swami has visited baps or not, but if he has then does this mean he accepts baps? I don’t think so, if it were the case then he would have left by now. No true devotee of maharaj accepts baps as they know it is all a farce.

Guest guest

I am not a follower of Bhagwan Swaminarayan - I merely study the works and scriptures of the Swaminarayan Sampraday so you have no need to worry. I am not trying to instiagate an argument here - I am just stating my thoughts.

Again, I feel that even the mischievious behaviour of the Acharyas and santos at times makes me think that Maharaj is with BAPS and not with Vadtal Sampraday as they have no such scandals and murders.

I have again read the Durgapur Mahatmya written by the ACHARYA Raghuvirji Maharaj (and published by Shri Gopinathdev Managing Trust) and within there, there are many prasadi spots of Bhagwan Swaminarayan that have been written. And after my recent visit to Gadhada, I saw that out of 77 prasadi spots in the granth, today, 62 of them do not even exist today! What is there today instead? Shops, Paan stalls etc.

Again, I feel that if you truly want to follow what Bhagwan Swaminarayan said, why are you wiping out things that can help you remember his divine work? That action merely says that you have not understood the greatness of Lord Swaminarayan fully. If you haven't understood his greatness, then you surely cannot be following what he says fully. If you are following but without knowing his greatness, then you are a blind follower who does not know what he is doing and needs to re-think his whole life.

Please remember that I am not siding with BAPS Sanstha, I am merely stating my opinion. I do not belong to BAPS or to Vadtal Sansthan, I am only stating facts which I have obtained from scriptural study and from the News Media.

Also, you agreed with the fact that there are talks of Akshar in the Vachanamrut. Can you please tell me who Vadtal Sanstha follow as Akshar? Surely if you are following Bhagwan Swaminarayan's words, then there must be Akshar within Vadtal Sanstha as you agreed that there are talks of Akshar?!

BAPS have at least tried to identify somebody as Akshar and I think Vadtal Sanstha have not yet established a form of Akshar within their Sampraday. This could be the root cause of their scandals, murders etc. Who knows?

Please remember that again I AM NOT SIDING WITH ANY SECT HERE. i am only stating what knowledge I have gained from scriptures and media.

Guest guest

I think Lord Swaminarayan would be pleased with BAPS(yes, it my sect) compared to Vadtal. They have strayed too far from Sahajanand's message.

Guest guest

I dont think Swaminarayan Bhagwan will be pleased at all. Read His words in the Scriptures and find out for yourself. BAPS have gone devoid of following the Agna of Bhagwan.

Whereas when the Original Sampraday (Vadtal and Amdavad) is concerned, there are hundreds of true saints. You cant find a few bad apples and paint the rest to look bad. Thats what you people do. Which is wrong. As even in Bhagwan Swaminarayans time these existed. This means that if you existed at the time you too would forsake Bhagwan and go away from Satsang. You also talk ill of the Dharmkul Acharyas. Even Gunatitanand Swami states not to do such in His vato. As these Avguns results in Fall from the truth and in satsang. And a MAjor sin.

As Nand Santos like Hariharaand Swami and Nirvikalpanand swami were amongst such saints. But MAharaj still kept them in satsang to show us that such saints will always exist in satsang.

Even at the time of GAdi Abhishek of Bhagwan from Ramanand Swami.. Do you not remember how Raghunath Swami existed and hated Bhagwan and His sampraday??

The Acharyas of the Sampraday are more than mere administrative heads. They are the spiritual leaders and the Guru through whom the path to atyantik kalyan (ultimate redemption) is opened.

Sahajanand Swami adopted Ayodhyaprasadji from His elder brother Rampratapji and adopted Raghuvirji from His younger brother Ichcharamji. He accepted the two as His own sons and handed the Northern- NarNarayan Dev Desh (diocese) to Ayodhyaprasadji and the Southern- LakshmiNarayan Dev Desh to Raghuvirji in Vadtal on VS 1882 (1826 AD) Kartik Sud 11 - Prabodhini Ekadashi (ironically on the very same day He was given the Acharya-pad by Ramanand Swami).

The NarNarayan Desh is based in Amdavad (Ahmedabad) and LakshmiNarayan Desh in Vadtal. Though known as NarNarayan Dev and Lakshminarayan Dev Gadi, both are the Swaminarayan Gadis as they are the only authentic gadis established by Lord Swaminarayan Himself.

The Acharyas are householders and their respective wives (Gadiwala) stand as the females’ Guru. The Gadi is passed on to the most capable of the Sons from their family.

The Acharya’s role is to

• initiate followers into the Sampraday with a Samanya Diksha by giving the special guru-mantra

• initiate sadhus (monks, ascetics) by giving them the Maha-Bhagwadi Diksha

• perform murti-pratishtha, install deities in the temples

• authenticate scriptures of the Sampraday

• act as the Guru and leader of the entire Sampraday.

These responsibilities have been prescribed in the Shikshapatri, Satsangijeevan and Desh Vibhag no Lekh, and according to these shastras no other individual other than the Dharmavanshi Acharyas are permitted to carry out the above duties. Therefore, the sole authority of the above lies with the two Acharyas.

“My Bhramin, Kshatriya and Vaishya followers who have received Shri Krshna Diksha (initiation) from the Dharmavanshi (descendants of Dharmadev) Acharyas, shall wear a double tulsi kanthi (rosary) around their neck and shall wear a U-shaped tilak on their forehead, chest, and both harms.” (Shikshapatri Shlok 41)

Therefore, a Swaminarayan follower is only a genuine Swaminarayan follower once he has received diksha from the respective Acharya. A Swaminarayan sadhu is only a genuine Swaminarayan sadhu once he has been given diksha by the Acharyas.

In the Shikshapatri (62), Swaminarayan Bhagwan clearly states

“And the form of Shri Krshna that has been given by your Acharya for the purpose of your worship and the forms that the Acharya has installed (i.e. in the mandirs) are the only forms of God worthy of worship. The rest are worthy of respect but not worthy of worship”

Therefore, the only murtis (deities) worthy of worship are those installed by the Acharyas.

In the Shikshapatri, Swaminarayan Bhagwan has placed a lot of importance on the Acharyas.

Shlok 71:

“All my followers shall never enter into debate with their Acharyas and shall serve the Acharyas with food, clothing, money etc according to their capacity.”

Shlok 72:

“Upon hearing of their coming, my followers should immediately go to greet and welcome the arrival of their Acharyas, and when the Acharya returns from the town my followers shall see them off to the outskirts of the town.”

In the scripture Purushottam Prakash, the writer Nishkulanand Swami describes the instance when Swaminarayan Bhagwan established the Dharmavanshi Acharyas.

Sahajanand Swami felt that now that He had established the grand temples and splendid Sampraday, He wanted to keep His sadhus free from the affairs dealing with wealth, power etc. He therefore decided that He would create leaders for each and every sadhu and householder, who will subsequently be responsible for the Sampraday.

This was in accordance with one of His three resolves; i.e. to establish the leaders of the Sampraday from His own family - Dharmakul.

Before declaring His intention to select His own family, Lord Shree Swaminarayan first gathered the senior sadhus/saints and followers and revealed His intention to install successors to the leadership.

The gathering that included seniors such as S.G. Muktanand Swami, S.G. Gopalanand Swami, S.G. Brahmanand Swami etc. as well as householders such as Dada- Uttam Khachar, unanimously recommended to Lord Shree Swaminarayan that He retain the leadership in His own Dharmakul and select Ayodhyaprasadji or Raghuvirji.

Lord Shree Swaminarayan was very pleased with this suggestion, for this was His own thinking as well. Since there was no room for discussion or further consideration, it was concluded that Lord Shree Swaminaryan's successors will be from His own Dharmakul and will be householders.

Sahajanand Swami then adopted Ayodhyaprasadji and Raghuvirprasadji as His own sons and made them the Acharyas – the Gurus of the Swaminarayan Sampraday.

He then declared, “Those who serve these Acharyas with food, jewellery, vehicles, animals, flowers etc shall be worthy of Akshardham…………. I shall emancipate those who serve and respect these Acharyas. Through these Acharyas I shall give kalyaan (give Akshardham) to all souls………." (Purushottam Prakash Chapter 37, Verse 6-20)

“…After a lot of thought and consideration I have decided to give the Gadi to them…” (Chapter 39 Verse 8)

“Therefore all of you shall obey the Dharamkul and serve them. They are not ordinary beings; they are great Devtas (Gods). As well as being my Sons they are Brahmin and my Bhaktas and by serving them you shall earn immense happiness. All your wishes will be fulfilled, this is my command that is to remain permanently.”

“So both householders and sadhus obey their (Acharyas’) commands, and not the fancies of the mind. Do not take any actions without their consent…..do not enter into debates with them even if you are greater in knowledge or wisdom…you shall regard the Acharyas as faultless – you shall obey their commands. If you keep them pleased then I will be pleased with you because they are in place of Myself….. I am forever residing in them. I am in them, and they are in Me. I am never far from them and I give darshan (divine sightings) residing in them……….”

“I am forever residing in the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. After seeing such followers I have decided to remain here (in the satsang), therefore those who worship the Acharyas have worshipped Me.”

(Purushottam Prakash Chapter 40)

The establishment of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas was therefore immensely important for both administrative and spiritual purposes.

The constitution of the Sampraday is laid out in Desh Vibhag no Lekh, which describes in detail the functions of the Acharyas.

“….it is my command to all sadhus, bhramcharis and all satsangi's, that for the purpose of your kalyaan (emancipation) you must obey and follow the two Acharyas of Dharmavansh, and obey their commands by thought, action and speech. If this is compromised and whoever turns elsewhere (rejecting the Acharyas) will find that they will never find sukh (happiness) in this world or the worlds beyond and will experience immense distress…” (Desh Vibhag no Lekh)

Furthermore, in one of the most authoritative scriptures the Vachamanamrut, Swaminarayan Bhagwan clearly states one of the prerequisites for attaining Akshardham

“…The devotee who is aashrit of Dharmakul (i.e. he who has received initiation from Dharmavanshi Acharya and remains loyal to the Acharya) gets a divine Brahm-state body by God’s wish…” (Vachanamrut, Gadhada Pratham Chapter 1)

So it is imperative to be a humble loyal follower of the Dharmavanshi Acharya once receiving the diksha (guru mantra) in order to be qualified to achieve a Brahm form.

Even Gunatitanand Swami, one of the main sadhus of Swaminarayan Bhagwan states “He who insults the temples, Acharyas, sadhus and satsangi’s will find his roots being destroyed and will inevitably fall from the satsang.” (Swami ni Vato Prakran 5, Vat 104)

Sahajanand Swami has decided to remain on this earth in His Acharyas. They are a version of Him. Being Purushottam Narayan Bhagwan, Sahajanand Swami kept an eternal method of attaining Akshardham by first requiring followers to obtain gurumantra or diksha and obey and respect the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. This is a system, which He has established for each and every follower. It was not a system that was to be changed or altered in the future in any way.

In S.G. Nityanand Swami's Shree Hari-Digvijay (endorsed by Lord Shree Swaminarayan) a debate between many great Vedic pundit- scholars and Lord Shree Swaminarayan is well documented.

The pundits challenge Lord Shree Swaminarayan's establishment of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. It was argued that a householder being a leader of renunciates (sadhus etc.) was anti-Vedic and had no firm basis in the scriptures of the Sanatan Dharma.

Lord Shree Swaminarayan explained in detail how it is in fact preferable to have householders leading a fellowship that consists of male and female renunciates and grihastha - householders.

He provided scriptural evidence for this and stated examples such Vyasji, the founder of the 4 Vedas and 18 Purans and considered the 'Universal Guru' in whose memory we have 'Guru-Poornima'.

Rishi Vyas was in fact a householder. Similarly, Rishis Vasishta and Yagyavalkya were also householders as was Brahmarshi Vishwamitra. A more distinct example is of Shukadevji, who recited the Srimad Bhagwat to King Parikshit, was a shishya (disciple) of King Janaka.

Therefore, the gathering of pandits and scholars agreed that the setup of Dharmavanshi Acharyas was more than coherent with the Vedic Dharmas and was worthy of honour and admiration.

Today there exist many sects that claim they are following the philosophies of Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan, where in fact nothing could be further from the truth. As Swaminarayan Bhagwan has emphasised, there is no Akshardham for those who do not honour, obey, respect and serve the Dharmavanshi Acharyas, no matter how great a devotee they are.

It has now become necessary to question ‘Swaminarayan Temples’ whether they are in fact Swaminarayan Temples since the deities appear not to have been installed by the Dharmavanshi Acharyas, which is an outright breach of Swaminarayan Bhagwan’s likings (refer Shikshapatri Shlok 10 and then Shlok 62).

It has also become necessary to question the authenticity of ‘Swaminarayan’ sadhus. According to the scriptures mentioned, a Swaminarayan Sadhu is he who has received the initiation (maha-bhagwati diksha) from Dharmavanshi Acharya- no one else.

Once this has been appreciated, one can realise the true grandeur of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. They are another form of Swaminarayan Bhagwan and though they appear as humans, they are at a status even higher than Akshar-Muktas. Therefore all Swaminarayan Satsangis should obtain initiation from one of the two Dharmavanshi Acharyas and remain under their instructions and always honour and respect them as they would Swaminarayan Bhagwan Himself.

Guest guest

I dont think Swaminarayan Bhagwan will be pleased at all. Read His words in the Scriptures and find out for yourself. BAPS have gone devoid of following the Agna of Bhagwan.

Whereas when the Original Sampraday (Vadtal and Amdavad) is concerned, there are hundreds of true saints. You cant find a few bad apples and paint the rest to look bad. Thats what you people do. Which is wrong. As even in Bhagwan Swaminarayans time these existed. This means that if you existed at the time you too would forsake Bhagwan and go away from Satsang. You also talk ill of the Dharmkul Acharyas. Even Gunatitanand Swami states not to do such in His vato. As these Avguns results in Fall from the truth and in satsang. And a MAjor sin.

As Nand Santos like Hariharaand Swami and Nirvikalpanand swami were amongst such saints. But MAharaj still kept them in satsang to show us that such saints will always exist in satsang.

Even at the time of GAdi Abhishek of Bhagwan from Ramanand Swami.. Do you not remember how Raghunath Swami existed and hated Bhagwan and His sampraday??

The Acharyas of the Sampraday are more than mere administrative heads. They are the spiritual leaders and the Guru through whom the path to atyantik kalyan (ultimate redemption) is opened.

Sahajanand Swami adopted Ayodhyaprasadji from His elder brother Rampratapji and adopted Raghuvirji from His younger brother Ichcharamji. He accepted the two as His own sons and handed the Northern- NarNarayan Dev Desh (diocese) to Ayodhyaprasadji and the Southern- LakshmiNarayan Dev Desh to Raghuvirji in Vadtal on VS 1882 (1826 AD) Kartik Sud 11 - Prabodhini Ekadashi (ironically on the very same day He was given the Acharya-pad by Ramanand Swami).

The NarNarayan Desh is based in Amdavad (Ahmedabad) and LakshmiNarayan Desh in Vadtal. Though known as NarNarayan Dev and Lakshminarayan Dev Gadi, both are the Swaminarayan Gadis as they are the only authentic gadis established by Lord Swaminarayan Himself.

The Acharyas are householders and their respective wives (Gadiwala) stand as the females’ Guru. The Gadi is passed on to the most capable of the Sons from their family.

The Acharya’s role is to

• initiate followers into the Sampraday with a Samanya Diksha by giving the special guru-mantra

• initiate sadhus (monks, ascetics) by giving them the Maha-Bhagwadi Diksha

• perform murti-pratishtha, install deities in the temples

• authenticate scriptures of the Sampraday

• act as the Guru and leader of the entire Sampraday.

These responsibilities have been prescribed in the Shikshapatri, Satsangijeevan and Desh Vibhag no Lekh, and according to these shastras no other individual other than the Dharmavanshi Acharyas are permitted to carry out the above duties. Therefore, the sole authority of the above lies with the two Acharyas.

“My Bhramin, Kshatriya and Vaishya followers who have received Shri Krshna Diksha (initiation) from the Dharmavanshi (descendants of Dharmadev) Acharyas, shall wear a double tulsi kanthi (rosary) around their neck and shall wear a U-shaped tilak on their forehead, chest, and both harms.” (Shikshapatri Shlok 41)

Therefore, a Swaminarayan follower is only a genuine Swaminarayan follower once he has received diksha from the respective Acharya. A Swaminarayan sadhu is only a genuine Swaminarayan sadhu once he has been given diksha by the Acharyas.

In the Shikshapatri (62), Swaminarayan Bhagwan clearly states

“And the form of Shri Krshna that has been given by your Acharya for the purpose of your worship and the forms that the Acharya has installed (i.e. in the mandirs) are the only forms of God worthy of worship. The rest are worthy of respect but not worthy of worship”

Therefore, the only murtis (deities) worthy of worship are those installed by the Acharyas.

In the Shikshapatri, Swaminarayan Bhagwan has placed a lot of importance on the Acharyas.

Shlok 71:

“All my followers shall never enter into debate with their Acharyas and shall serve the Acharyas with food, clothing, money etc according to their capacity.”

Shlok 72:

“Upon hearing of their coming, my followers should immediately go to greet and welcome the arrival of their Acharyas, and when the Acharya returns from the town my followers shall see them off to the outskirts of the town.”

In the scripture Purushottam Prakash, the writer Nishkulanand Swami describes the instance when Swaminarayan Bhagwan established the Dharmavanshi Acharyas.

Sahajanand Swami felt that now that He had established the grand temples and splendid Sampraday, He wanted to keep His sadhus free from the affairs dealing with wealth, power etc. He therefore decided that He would create leaders for each and every sadhu and householder, who will subsequently be responsible for the Sampraday.

This was in accordance with one of His three resolves; i.e. to establish the leaders of the Sampraday from His own family - Dharmakul.

Before declaring His intention to select His own family, Lord Shree Swaminarayan first gathered the senior sadhus/saints and followers and revealed His intention to install successors to the leadership.

The gathering that included seniors such as S.G. Muktanand Swami, S.G. Gopalanand Swami, S.G. Brahmanand Swami etc. as well as householders such as Dada- Uttam Khachar, unanimously recommended to Lord Shree Swaminarayan that He retain the leadership in His own Dharmakul and select Ayodhyaprasadji or Raghuvirji.

Lord Shree Swaminarayan was very pleased with this suggestion, for this was His own thinking as well. Since there was no room for discussion or further consideration, it was concluded that Lord Shree Swaminaryan's successors will be from His own Dharmakul and will be householders.

Sahajanand Swami then adopted Ayodhyaprasadji and Raghuvirprasadji as His own sons and made them the Acharyas – the Gurus of the Swaminarayan Sampraday.

He then declared, “Those who serve these Acharyas with food, jewellery, vehicles, animals, flowers etc shall be worthy of Akshardham…………. I shall emancipate those who serve and respect these Acharyas. Through these Acharyas I shall give kalyaan (give Akshardham) to all souls………." (Purushottam Prakash Chapter 37, Verse 6-20)

“…After a lot of thought and consideration I have decided to give the Gadi to them…” (Chapter 39 Verse 8)

“Therefore all of you shall obey the Dharamkul and serve them. They are not ordinary beings; they are great Devtas (Gods). As well as being my Sons they are Brahmin and my Bhaktas and by serving them you shall earn immense happiness. All your wishes will be fulfilled, this is my command that is to remain permanently.”

“So both householders and sadhus obey their (Acharyas’) commands, and not the fancies of the mind. Do not take any actions without their consent…..do not enter into debates with them even if you are greater in knowledge or wisdom…you shall regard the Acharyas as faultless – you shall obey their commands. If you keep them pleased then I will be pleased with you because they are in place of Myself….. I am forever residing in them. I am in them, and they are in Me. I am never far from them and I give darshan (divine sightings) residing in them……….”

“I am forever residing in the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. After seeing such followers I have decided to remain here (in the satsang), therefore those who worship the Acharyas have worshipped Me.”

(Purushottam Prakash Chapter 40)

The establishment of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas was therefore immensely important for both administrative and spiritual purposes.

The constitution of the Sampraday is laid out in Desh Vibhag no Lekh, which describes in detail the functions of the Acharyas.

“….it is my command to all sadhus, bhramcharis and all satsangi's, that for the purpose of your kalyaan (emancipation) you must obey and follow the two Acharyas of Dharmavansh, and obey their commands by thought, action and speech. If this is compromised and whoever turns elsewhere (rejecting the Acharyas) will find that they will never find sukh (happiness) in this world or the worlds beyond and will experience immense distress…” (Desh Vibhag no Lekh)

Furthermore, in one of the most authoritative scriptures the Vachamanamrut, Swaminarayan Bhagwan clearly states one of the prerequisites for attaining Akshardham

“…The devotee who is aashrit of Dharmakul (i.e. he who has received initiation from Dharmavanshi Acharya and remains loyal to the Acharya) gets a divine Brahm-state body by God’s wish…” (Vachanamrut, Gadhada Pratham Chapter 1)

So it is imperative to be a humble loyal follower of the Dharmavanshi Acharya once receiving the diksha (guru mantra) in order to be qualified to achieve a Brahm form.

Even Gunatitanand Swami, one of the main sadhus of Swaminarayan Bhagwan states “He who insults the temples, Acharyas, sadhus and satsangi’s will find his roots being destroyed and will inevitably fall from the satsang.” (Swami ni Vato Prakran 5, Vat 104)

Sahajanand Swami has decided to remain on this earth in His Acharyas. They are a version of Him. Being Purushottam Narayan Bhagwan, Sahajanand Swami kept an eternal method of attaining Akshardham by first requiring followers to obtain gurumantra or diksha and obey and respect the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. This is a system, which He has established for each and every follower. It was not a system that was to be changed or altered in the future in any way.

In S.G. Nityanand Swami's Shree Hari-Digvijay (endorsed by Lord Shree Swaminarayan) a debate between many great Vedic pundit- scholars and Lord Shree Swaminarayan is well documented.

The pundits challenge Lord Shree Swaminarayan's establishment of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. It was argued that a householder being a leader of renunciates (sadhus etc.) was anti-Vedic and had no firm basis in the scriptures of the Sanatan Dharma.

Lord Shree Swaminarayan explained in detail how it is in fact preferable to have householders leading a fellowship that consists of male and female renunciates and grihastha - householders.

He provided scriptural evidence for this and stated examples such Vyasji, the founder of the 4 Vedas and 18 Purans and considered the 'Universal Guru' in whose memory we have 'Guru-Poornima'.

Rishi Vyas was in fact a householder. Similarly, Rishis Vasishta and Yagyavalkya were also householders as was Brahmarshi Vishwamitra. A more distinct example is of Shukadevji, who recited the Srimad Bhagwat to King Parikshit, was a shishya (disciple) of King Janaka.

Therefore, the gathering of pandits and scholars agreed that the setup of Dharmavanshi Acharyas was more than coherent with the Vedic Dharmas and was worthy of honour and admiration.

Today there exist many sects that claim they are following the philosophies of Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan, where in fact nothing could be further from the truth. As Swaminarayan Bhagwan has emphasised, there is no Akshardham for those who do not honour, obey, respect and serve the Dharmavanshi Acharyas, no matter how great a devotee they are.

It has now become necessary to question ‘Swaminarayan Temples’ whether they are in fact Swaminarayan Temples since the deities appear not to have been installed by the Dharmavanshi Acharyas, which is an outright breach of Swaminarayan Bhagwan’s likings (refer Shikshapatri Shlok 10 and then Shlok 62).

It has also become necessary to question the authenticity of ‘Swaminarayan’ sadhus. According to the scriptures mentioned, a Swaminarayan Sadhu is he who has received the initiation (maha-bhagwati diksha) from Dharmavanshi Acharya- no one else.

Once this has been appreciated, one can realise the true grandeur of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. They are another form of Swaminarayan Bhagwan and though they appear as humans, they are at a status even higher than Akshar-Muktas. Therefore all Swaminarayan Satsangis should obtain initiation from one of the two Dharmavanshi Acharyas and remain under their instructions and always honour and respect them as they would Swaminarayan Bhagwan Himself.

Your full of shit, Vadtal has opposite a few good apples (doubtful they exist) in a heapful of shit. Whenever Vadtal gadi is in the news its there for all the wrong reasons. Congratulations guy your sanstha has blackened the names of all Swaminarayan santos.